Start by marking “Temple of Indra's Jewel (Time Traveling Bibliophile)” as Want to Read:
Temple of Indra's Jewel (Time Traveling Bibliophile)

Read Book* *Different edition

Temple of Indra's Jewel

(Time-Traveling Bibliophile #1)

Sophia Marcil awakens from a snorkeling accident in the Lérins Islands to fi nd herself in the chambers—and the body—of a nineteenth-century princess.In a confused state and with no idea of her whereabouts, Sophia embarks on a desperate quest for answers, hoping she can find her way back to her fiancé, Nick, and her true identity.

After she finds a diary in an antique desk,
Published August 2018 (first published September 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Temple of Indra's Jewel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temple of Indra's Jewel

Start your review of Temple of Indra's Jewel (Time Traveling Bibliophile)
Coco.V
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as maybe
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/17/2019)!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This book has a little bit of everything in it - mystery, suspense, romance, time travel and mysticism. It is bound to appeal to nearly everyone!

I had no idea what to expect when I said I would review this book. I like all forms of mystery so figured it couldn't be bad at all. I was not expecting to be kept on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. And the ending? Leaves you hanging so you HAVE to read the next book to see how the story continues. (love and hate that!).

I
Jen
This was a First Reads GiveAway.

I really wanted to like this book. I love the idea of historical time travel and the idea of the 'curse' that follows these people. However, I never connected with any of the characters. Sophie was either losing conscieness or trying to be the strong, empowered woman. I didn't buy into either one. Where did Nick come from? He was just this malevolent person who appeared from time to time.

There was a sense of vagueness at the beginning of the book. At first I
Stephanie Ziegler
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While snorkeling near Cannes, Nick found the perfect cliff on which to propose on. But anger overwhelmed him when Sophia Marcil said no to joining the family business in Europe. He grabbed her neck and leaned her over the cliff. When Sophia clawed at him to breathe, Nick let her go and Sophia tumbled off the cliff. The last thing Sophia remembers is swirling water with something metallic inside, almost beckoning her.

When Sophia wakes up, she is told she was rescued by Graf Viktor Wilhelm
Heather
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Temple of Indra’s Jewel by Rachael Stapleton is a well-written paranormal romance that includes mystery and suspense. The Temple of Indra’s Jewel also known as the Purple Delphi Sapphire is very powerful and believed to affect time.

I was intrigued from the start traveling through time with Sophia Marcil, a librarian from Toronto, who finds herself on the French Riviera in 1857. Her adventures take her back and forth from the 21st to the 19th century. Sophia is engaging and funny as she
Stephanie
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good read!
Calling all Diana Gabaldon fans... if you are a fan of the Outlander series you will enjoy this book.

By chance I came across this book at Chapters while the author was there signing books. The book was described to me as a woman's Indiana Jones time travel book....so that stirred my interest. I have to say I could not put the book down... I have a wee one at home and I still read the book in less than 24 hours.... I was drawn right into the story.... I could not set it down.
Katie
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book captivates its readers as they follow a young woman's story through a whirlwind of time travel, romances, deceit and betrayal. Sophia finds herself falling through a time portal right into the body of another woman. Lost in time, clouded in mystery, Sophia has to race through time to solve the mystery surrounding her family's past and ultimately break the curse the purple Delphi sapphire.

Very well written book by a new author who leaves you wanting more.

Jennie Mcmurray
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do not read this book unless you want to be so captivated and lost so deeply in a character and a story line. As I read I felt so involved with the ups the downs, the confusions and chaos of Shopia's character. Mrs. Stapleton really knows how to pull a book together and to make you so entranced that you never want to put the book down! I can not wait to see what happens next with the second book!
Kelly
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I voluntarily reviewed this ARC**

Wow! That was such a unique book. It did get a bit complicated and hard to follow at times, but it does all come together by the end. The "who" in the past was definitely a shocker. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of this series.
Annette Vettese
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed reading the first two books of the series and am looking forward to the next book in this series and other works by Rachael Stapleton...
Amanda Willson
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read...fast paced story. Enjoyable.
Karen Siddall
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The curse began when the jewel, the Purple Delhi Sapphire, was stolen from the Temple of Indra, the god of war. The stone made its way to Monaco in 1859 and to Prince Charles who intended to give it to his sister, Princess Sapphira, for her birthday but the curse was already starting to work its magic. It ended up in Sophia Marcil’s family when her great-great-grandfather bought it from the curator of the National Museum of Ireland. The original jewel was broken up and used to create a necklace, ...more
A.B. Funkhauser
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I READ IT AGAIN!!!
Rachael Stapleton’s Temple of Indra’s Jewel crackles with a vitality I’ve not seen since E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey. Centered on the adventures/misadventures of Sophia Marcil, a sexy librarian who divides her days between spirited time travels and harrowing investigations into “murders most foul”, Stapleton’s heroine is engaging, funny, and unapologetic in her pursuits. If she isn’t having sex, Marcil dreams about it. As a modern day woman in love with a hunky Irishman,
Paula Ratcliffe
Myra
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
2017 Popsugar challenge: A book about time travel
Also a Kindle freebie at some point

I actually feel I'm being somewhat generous giving this two stars. There is potential in this story, but it just isn't well done. (See Outlander for comparison.) This feels like a high school creative writing assignment that was turned in as a first of maybe second draft. I never connected with the main character. She was just flat and mostly helpless to me. There were some issues with the time travel itself (if
Molly
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Action adventure, time travel, romance fans
Recommended to Molly by: Axpreaderland, Amazon, Author newsletter
Lives and loves that span time and lifetimes. Action and adventure with a mysterious connection to cursed jewels.

Continents and astral planes traversed. Evil bad guys aplenty. Plotting schemers seem to abound wherever our heroine finds herself.

Sappho / Sapphira / Zaphir seems caught in the tangles of time and various power struggles.

Our hero is a cunning Celt in one timeline. A brave German in another.

The connections between the lives of the valiant men is a bit fuzzy to me.
I enjoyed
Denise
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting time-travel novel that takes us back and forth between current time and 1857. Sophia Marcil has a ring that is part of a set made from the Purple Delhi Sapphire which seems to be a catalyst for the time travel. When Sophia travels to 1857 she ends up in the body of Princess Sapphira of Monaco. There are several men of interest for Sophia/Sapphira in this book. Some appear to be good and some are very very evil and the author keeps you guessing as to which is which in the ...more
Matt Kelland
Bleh. Read Outlander instead. Seriously, as soon as you have a lead character who's a sexy, intelligent, single billionaire who falls instantly in love with the heroine, you've lost me completely: it's straight into trashy Mills & Boon romance territory now. And the bibliophile aspect is completely wasted: there's no actual book-loving going on in this story, she just happens to work in a library (which just happens to have a perfect selection of eclectic manuscripts and books about obscure ...more
Krystyna
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reincarnation or a soul loop?

A great start to the series. Do you believe that we have lived before and sometimes get caught in a loop where the same things keep happening again and again. She does now! Time travel, cursed gems and murder are all skillfully blended into a plot that will have you riveted. The characters are well rounded and the switch from past to present shows the cycles that can occur. A great read.
I received a copy for a honest review
Tequila
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first, I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it through the book. With the first few chapters switching back and forth between time periods, I didn't know if I could do that through the entire book. But after I got through those first few chapters, it was smooth sailing. And I understand why the author did so, because it does totally set up the rest of the book. I really enjoyed the story and the characters and look forward to reading more of this series.
Suzanne Withers
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic well written story of Sofia switching back and forth from a modern lady to a 1800's princess. In both situations she is facing continuing danger from enemies. The threats build as we keep reading. Sofia is chasing her families history of the Purple Dehli Sapphire and her connection to it in each of her life experiences. I can't wait to read the next installment of this series. I am voluntarily reviewing a free copy of this story from the author. This is my honest review
Barb Foerst
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophia Marcil is an ordinary librarian who is vacationing in Europe with her soon to be ex-boyfriend. After an argument, Sophia is suddenly Sapphira Princess of Monaco in the mid 1850’s. She is puzzled and thinks it’s all a game until it becomes obvious it is not.

I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next book. There’s a little romance, a lot of mystery and a puzzling jewel. Enjoy! I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.
Marsha
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Temple of Indra's Jewel by Rachael Stapleton is an excellent beginning to what opens up as a promising series. I really love these characters and the history involved with the jewels. The possibilities are endless. (I actually located book 2 in my kindle file, so I purchased this one in order to begin the series. Like lost money in the dryer, this is a terrific find.)
BP34
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A time travel that will keep you page turning. Once her grandmother's ring is slipped on her finger, she falls off a cliff and is transported back in time. Lots of drama, suspense, mystery, romance, fantasy and crime to keep you occupied. It was a well written, fast paced story and one that I'm sure you will enjoy.
Gina Hewitt
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Indra’s Jewel is a gem of a good read.

I like the character development even though I struggled sometimes remembering who was whom as Sophia travelled to the 19th century. The dual plot line keeps the story interesting. I hope subsequent stories answer the questions about Cullen, his mysterious brother, and where Saffira goes when Sophia is in the 19th century.
Donna
There is just something about this book that draws me in. Not only is there romance but there is time traveling and a bit of magic also. I was pulled into this story and every distraction irritated me because I wanted to keep reading. I am definitely looking forward to book 2.
Kimberlie Currier
Has Possibilities But Mostly Just Silly

Has Possibilities But Mostly Just Silly and Unbelievable. Cliffhanger, so be forewarned. I'm not interested enough to read the next book.
Sandra Singleton
A great read. This is a unique genre.A well-written plot and fantastic characters. I volunteered to read an advance copy for an honest review.
Ellen
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kept me engaged - that is good lately
Violeta M. Bagia
What a great story - what a lovely concept. Rachael really knows how to write.
The story draws you in right from the first words and the first transition to modern times.
I can't wait to start the next one!

• The Pocket Watch (The Pocket Watch Chronicles #1)
  • Highland Healer (Highland Healer #1)
  • The Playground
  • Miss Claus and the Secret Santa (A Shifter Christmas Romance, #1)
  • Hidden Gifts (The Witches Of Canyon Road, #1)
  • Emma Frost Mystery Series: Vol 7-9
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
  • The Magic Factory (Oliver Blue and the School for Seers, #1)
  • Dangerous Talents (Vinlanders' Saga, #1)
  • The HighFire Crown (Blood Magic #1)
  • Woman of Sin
  • The Haunting at Sebring Hotel
  • Unhitched: The Untold Story of the Evil Queen 2 (Dewitched #2)
  • Wild Irish Roots (Mystic Cove, #0.5)
  • Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)
  • Next Christmas in Girouette (Adventures in Girouette Book 1)
  • The Haunting of Bechdel Mansion
  • All the Blue of Heaven (Colors of Faith #1)

Time-Traveling Bibliophile (4 books)
  • Temple of Indra's Curse (Time Traveling Bibliophile Book 2)
  • Temple of Indra's Lies (Time Traveling Bibliophile Book 3)
  • Temple of Indra's Witch (Time Traveling Bibliophile Book 4)