Start by marking “Make-Believe Honeymoon (Make-Believe Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Make-Believe Honeymoon (Make-Believe Series, #3)

Make-Believe Honeymoon

(Make-Believe #3)

Private investigator, Callum McKenzie, is working a case that takes him on a Caribbean cruise, but there’s a catch — it’s a honeymoon cruise and he needs a wife.

A former SEAL who ran away to join the navy after years of conflict at home, Callum struggles to open himself up to love. So, when he books a ticket on a honeymoon cruise for a case, he’s at a loss for whom to ta
Published August 10th 2018

Start your review of Make-Believe Honeymoon (Make-Believe Series, #3)
B. D. Mann
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivi Holt has created another clean romance winner. I loved the blend of both the romance and suspense genres that included laugh-out-loud humor, intrigue, and action. Early on, however, I correctly named the mysterious prime villain. With each new clue, my conclusions were reinforced. If there is a weakness in this story, it is that the author could enhance her ability to keep her villains hidden to the extent that readers are surprised at their revealing. I appreciated that Ms. Holt crafted pr ...more
Bette
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Callum💘Jessie! Another Great Make-Believe Couple!
Make-Believe Honeymoon
By: Vivi Holt
Narrated by: Amanda Stribling
Series: Make-Believe, Book 3

Another great addition to Vivi Holt’s Make-Believe series. Each book can be enjoyed as a stand-alone, each one is about a different couple, this one is Callum and Jessie’s story. Callum was introduced in the second book, he is Tim’s neighbor and friend. I really liked him and was happy to see his story was next in the series. Callum a former navy seal works
Beverly Laude
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, romance, 2019
Callum McKenzie is a former Navy Seal turned Private Investigator. He is hired to investigate a man who has recently inherited millions from his stepfather under mysterious circumstances. In order to find out the truth, Callum needs to follow the target on a cruise. The only problem with that is that it is a cruise for newlyweds!

Enter Jessie Arwens, a single mother and former Chicago beat cop. Callum finds Jessie through another PI and asks her to go along on the cruise while pretending to be hi
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
Two private investigators that unexpectedly find love while on a case!

Make Believe Honeymoon is the third book in the sweet contemporary romance, Make Believe series. A unique and captivating story with romance and a happy-ending that we all have come to expect. Like all of Vivi Holt series, this is another story that I had a hard time putting down. It is such a passionate, unique and captivating story. As I have come to expect from this author, the characters are well developed and engaging. I
Patty
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can you find love on a cruise ship? Callum is a private investigator on a case needing to follow the culprit on a newlyweds cruise. To play the part of his new wife, he hires Jessie, a new girl in town, widowed, policewoman and ready to make a name for herself. Together these two sleuths are seeking out information, but is that all they are doing? This series has a little bit of everything, and I found this book to be complete entertainment. Callum is wonderful, full of life and adventure, but a ...more
Pascale
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love cruising and so, it was easy to get into this book. It’s a clean, Christian romance with a fast plot and fun characters. This author’s writing style always reminds me of Victorine Lieske’s, who I love, so I’m always excited to read new work from both authors. Once I started reading this newest release I had a hard time putting it down.

Callum, the ex-navy SEAL turned PI, is dreamy in this story. It took me a little while to warm up to the female character, Jessie, though. I liked the touch
Dawn
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Each story is a stand alone, but each one has something made up. This time it is a honeymoon. I really enjoyed listening to the relationship between Callum and Jessie. Jessie is trying to make her way in her hometown. Callum needs help with his work to follow a suspect. A mutual friend sets them up. There is just so much to love about Callum and Jessie. Although they are all business, the attraction is so obvious. I loved Jessie's Independence. She made a great partner for Ca ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make-Believe Honeymoon ( Make-Believe Series-Book 3 )
By: Vivi Holt
Make-Believe is book three in the Make-Believe Series. I love this series. This is a very good, clean, and fast Christmas romance. I caught myself laughing several times. The story is well written and the characters are fun and real like. The author did not disappoint and I could not put it down. Make-Believe Honeymoon is a wonderful story with mystery , romance , and adventure. Wow, a honeymoon cruise while working. Callum took a
Rocky
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessie and Callum

Fun story aboard a cruise ship.
Callum is a retired Navy SEAL who is now working as a P.I. He gets hired for a job to follow a couple going on a honeymoon cruise. There’s just one problem: Callum isn’t married.
Jessie is a single mom who quit the Chicago PD after the murder of her husband who was also her boss. She moves back to Georgia with her seven-year-old son to live with her mother. She decides to become a private investigator and, with the help of a family friend, gets int
Ddkmc95
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Single mom, widow. and former Chicago PD officer, Jessie is back home in Atlanta to start a new life for herself and 7 yo son. Her first task is to find a job and a family friend sets up an interview for her with successful PI, Callum.
Callum has been hired to investigate the suspicious death of a wealthy man, who inexplicably left all of his wealth to his stepson of 2 yrs...and cutting off his children. When Callum learns that his target is scheduled for a couples only cruise, he hires Jessie t
Amanda
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
You do not need to read the whole series to enjoy this story. I've listened to only the first and third audiobooks in the series. Since most of the story takes place on a make-believe honeymoon trip, there isn't much interaction with characters from other books (at least not that I could tell). I never felt like I missed part of the story if I had only heard this one.

I really liked that the plot had more to it than just the story of the relationship. I liked the characters enough that I would h
Jan Miller
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vivi Holt writes such refreshing feel good stories that have me smiling. I love how each book is original and has endearing characters. This particular story features two private eye's with wounds to heal pretending to be married. I loved how Amanda Stribling brought the characters to life with her performance. She adds the right emotions and gives them distinguishable voices. This book is a standalone listen and part of a series. I will definitely listen to more books by this author and narrato ...more
Jenna
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

A clean feel good romance on a cruise ship with super cute characters and a good plot, what more could you want for some light afternoon listening? Really liked these characters and the writing was great! Some interesting comic relief thrown in too.

This narrator was super easy to listen to and made this story fly by fast. Great voice differentiation that brought these character's personalities to life.

I received a review copy at my request and
Paula Dyches
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun mystery romance that shows sometime two PI's are better then one. Maybe I read to many mysteries but (my only criticism) I did find the mystery side of it a bit too predictable. That being said I had enough fun with the story itself that it didn't bother me. The narration was wonderful and really helped to make it even more entertaining. Overall, it's another great clean romance and a really fun series to listen to.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request an
Dan
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Vivi Holt has found her niche with the "Make-Believe" series. In this one, she has ex-SEAL Callum pair up with another private investigator, Jessie to keep an eye on a target in his most recent case. The catch is can they remain professional and ignore the attraction while play-acting as honeymooners on a cruise? Cute and entertaining throughout, I really enjoyed the clean romance. I hadn't thought of Christian Romance as being a genre, but apparently it's out there. I am a Christian and actuall ...more
Patricia carlisle
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Callum McKenzie Pi, was working on a case. He found out the suspect was going on a cruise, but it was before newlyweds only. To go undercover, he needed a make believe wife. Enter Jessie Arwen. a police officer from chicago. moved back to Georgia to be with family. Her concern, how could she act like newlyweds , when she never met him? Sweet, romance, with a little drama and a lot of attraction made this an interesting story.
Amanda Stribling narration made it a fun story to listen to.
🎧audioboo
Colin Bell
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Again a non - historical novel from Vivi. This time the story is set on a honeymoon cruise with Callum, a PI, with his new assistant Jessie investigating a couple following a suspicious will. The investigation definitely plays second fiddle to the whodunit side of the story, however it makes for a very satisfying read.
I received an advance copy of this book from the author, however this did not influence my review.
Janet Graham
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun Fake Honeymoon Romance
This is a really fun story. It is clean and Christian and so funny. While most stories in this genre take the reader into the mental anguish involved in unrequited love, this tale avoids that trap. My face is tired from smiling! While there are Christian elements to the story, it does not beat you over the head with the Bible. It is a satisfying story that will warm your heart! I received this book for free and this is my honest review.
Nethanja
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callum, an IP, needs a wife to solve a case. His suspect will leave on a honeymoon cruise so he can’t do it alone. Jessie, who wants to make a living as IP is his perfect partner, until they get feelings for each other. Can they not just solve the case but also make a living together?
This is a fun story with a romance and mystery. The mystery is easy to solve for the reader but the story keeps you entertained.
Terry Scott
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Things are not what the seem

Calling is a PI who needs a "wife" for a case he's working on. Jessie needs who to support her and her son. She used to be a policewoman in Chicago, but she's trying to reinvent herself. They pretend to be married as spy on their subjects. There are many hilarious scenes both as the married couple and as they spy on the would be criminals. You can just imagine what happens as they try to get the proof they need.😊😁
K B
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I purchased a copy of Make-Believe Series book 3:Make-Believe Honeymoon by ViVi Holt and this review was given freely.
PI and former Navy SEAL Callum hires single mom and former police officer and PI wannabe Jessie as his assistant and cover on a honeymoon cruise.
Family drama, some suspense, an attraction at first sight rocky romance, and touches of humor make this an interesting and action packed story.
Iris Chacon
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun with Private Eyes. On a Caribbean Cruise

Neither Callum nor Jessie had the perfect family life in the past, and neither is considering marriage, to anyone at any time. So when the two investigators work together for the first time, posing as newlyweds on a cruise ship, these two will discover much more than the answer their client hired them to find. Clean, sweet, romantic adventure, enjoyable even though the murder mystery is easily solved by readers early in the book.
Courtney
Shelves: 2019
Excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel by Vivi Holt! I have read quite a few of her 'Make-Believe Series,' and I have enjoyed each and every one of them. "Make-Believe Honeymoon" is different than the other novels that I have read due to the detective work that was portrayed throughout the entire novel. Love has a way of sneaking up on you, but add a hint of mystery and you have a riveting tale to devour!
Sophie Koufes
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook Review:
Make-Believe Honeymoon (Make Believe Series, Book 3) Entangles Callum McKenzie, a former navy seal, Jessie Arwens, a former beat cop, now turned private investigators into a web of lies & mystery on a Caribbean Honeymoon Cruise.
The settings are well detailed & illustrated. A clean romance with a guaranteed hea, christian undertones, humor, and mystery to solve.

Narator Amanda Stribling is someone who I never listened to before. Her tone and pace flows through smoothly and flawle
Brooke
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This is the perfect book if you are looking for a clean romance with a bit of mystery as well. I loved watching these two get to know each other while stumbling over each other’s progress at the same time. I was able to figure out the mystery before it was revealed, but loved listening to how they found out what was going on. This book was fun to listen to and I will be having to go back to listen to the previous books in this series in the future.
Pam
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Make-Believe Honeymoon: Make-Believe series Book 3 is by Vivi Holt. I started on book three not realizing it was a series; but the books can be read as stand-alone which makes sense. I enjoyed this book, although it is very predictable. It still had enough action to keep me reading. This is a very clean book which made me very happy as I dislike strong language and descriptive sex scenes. There is a lot of romance and even a great deal of laughter. It makes a very enjoyable summer read.
Gina
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun story with quirky secondary characters. It was fun to see the main characters fighting their attraction and the way they interacted with each other, at times intense and other times flirty. Some unexpected mishaps added to the enjoyment. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Shonda
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I loved Jessie’s character. She is a strong, independent woman who knows her job well. I loved the plot of the story, romance and a mystery. The romance was so very sweet and I found myself rooting for Jessie and Callum. I loved the wittiness of the book and that it wasn’t all seriousness. You will love this book! I’m so excited to read the next book!
Mei Li
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!

What a fun plot! Ms. Holt’s writing is down-to-earth-delightful as she brings her characters to life. No cardboard heroes here. Her main characters have unique qualities with one-of-a-kind personalities. This was such an original plot idea and the writing kept me turning the pages and smiling at all of the fun descriptions. Loved this book—
Ruth Jessen
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make believe...until you believe it

I really enjoyed this book! The author does a great job creating tension between the characters but still keeping it sweet/clean. If you're a fan of whodunit stories, you'll really enjoy this one. You'll have your suspicions and be happy at the end.

• The Determined Groom (Hawk Brothers #1)
  • The Cowboy's Fake Marriage
  • The Jilted Billionaire Groom: The Lost Ones (Texas Titan Romances)
  • Marrying a Prince (A Fake Marriage #4)
  • Small Town Girls Don't Marry Secret Princes  (Beaches of Trumanville #2)
  • The Corporate Groom (Billionaire Marriage Brokers #8)
  • The Irresistible Groom: The Lost Ones (Texas Titan Romances)
  • A New Year's Kiss (Finding Love, #11)
  • The Storybook Groom (Texas Titan Romances)
  • The Conflicted Warrior: Sutton's Security Romances (Quinn Family #2)
  • The Stealth Warrior(Hawk Brothers #2)
  • Blind Date with a Blue-Collar Billionaire (Blind Date Disasters, #1)
  • Her Billionaire Boss Fake Fiancé (Hawk Brothers #3)
  • Her Stranded Billionaire Mix-Up (Clean Billionaire Romance #5)
  • The Star's Fake Marriage
  • Married by Christmas (Park City Firefighter Romances, #9)
  • The Good Groom: Texas Titan Romances
  • Her Crazy Rich Fake Fiancé (Christmas Romance Series)
Vivi Holt writes inspirational romance. Of her books, readers say:

"The plot kept me enthralled and the pages turning"
"I cried and laughed"
"What an awesome ending. Can't wait for more!!"

Vivi lives in beautiful Brisbane, Australia with her husband and three young children. Growing up on a farm she learned to love the country life and now she writes about it in her books. History has always fascinate

Make-Believe (6 books)
  • Make-Believe Fiancé (Make-Believe Series, #1)
  • Make-Believe Wedding (Make-Believe Series, #2)
  • Make-Believe Husband (Make-Believe Series, #4)
  • Make-Believe Proposal (Make-Believe Series, #5)
  • Make-Believe Marriage (Make-Believe Series, #6)