Start by marking “The Life We Wanted” as Want to Read:
The Life We Wanted

The Life We Wanted

"You have too many rules."
"And you don't have enough."

Sebastian Moore thought he had it all.

A drumming gig with one of the world’s biggest up-and-coming stars. The looks and charm to get him any woman he laid his eyes on. All the friends he could ever ask for.

But something was always missing.

That is, until he receives a letter, telling him that he’s a father to a fifte
Published February 1st 2019

Start your review of The Life We Wanted
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Sebastian is the drummer in Devin's band. (From Daisies & Devin )

He's happy in his rock-star-single-guy life.

But he's also lonely. Now that the current tour is done, he's all alone in his house.

That's when he receives a letter from someone named Tabitha.
Telling him he's the father of 15 year old Greyson.

Tabby is Greyson's aunt. Her sister died in a car accident two months ago and now Tabitha is responsible for the moody grieving teen.

Hot Rock-Star meets uptight but very sexy Real Estate broker w
Reading Addict
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! The Life We Wanted was everything I hope for a book to be. Unique characters, real emotions, lighthearted moments, heartfelt connections. This is the kind of book that I wish I always read but it's like a rare gem, few and far between. This is not a rock band story however a rock drummer is a big part of this book! Sebastian Moore has it all from the outside looking in, fame, fortune, fans and yet as you get to know him as a reader, you will see that buried deep there are things t ...more
Love2ReadRomance
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!!! Totally in love with Sebastian! He is so patient and persistent with Tabby, and that’s exactly what she needed him to be. Best book yet by Kelsey Kingsley! I can’t wait to read more!
Jewel Ann
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A captivating story filled with raw and very real emotions. A unique and truely beautiful journey that left a huge smile on my face.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
It turns out, I am reading this series in no particular order. I picked up The Life We Wanted because I already know I desperately want to read the follow up (The Life We Have) and it seemed like a good idea to get in on the ground floor while possible.

Plus – Kelsey Kingsley slays me.

This is something I only discovered at the end of last year, so I’m still working my way through the backlist. And what I’m finding so far is that each book is slaying me in a different way than the last. But one t
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio 5 Stars
Story dnf @ 77%

I really can't stand Tabby, the heroine. She's judgemental, selfish and indecisive.

L.J. Evans
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy of this given to me by the author, but all opinions are my own.

This is Kelsey Kingsley's best book yet. I don't say this lightly as I am a fan of all of Kelsey's words. She's moved me over and over again with her stories, but this story left me breathless. This story left me with a book hangover the size of which I haven't had in a long time.

Sebastian is just the right mix of arrogance, confidence, and sensitivity. He finds himself in a position of caring for someone in a
Kelsey
Feb 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
FREE for a very limited time!
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, romance
This isn't officially a series, but the stench of past romance wafted off of Devin and Kylie and they're almost certainly from Daisies & Devin, which is why I tried to read that one first. Fortunately, I came back to this one even though I was so disappointed by the other.

And the reason for this book's draw is almost entirely that cover. Yes, I am just that shallow. Fortunately, the story turned out to be just my jam and Kingsley proves to have a deft hand with her characters and I simply fell i
Anne OK
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love when the bad boy rock star takes a plummet into love -- and has to work for a happy ever after. Tabby definitely made him work for it. At times, I didn't really like her -- but then I would stop and think of what she had been through and what she had done for her sister. For a rock star romance, this one places in the upper realm. I loved the characters and Mrs. Worthington and her husband and yes, the chinchilla! Lots of fun and laughter among the angst.

Only one picky complaint: Use of
Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I was kind of torn, I liked aspects of this book, and then didn't like other parts that cancelled out the good so....

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

This is a pretty predictable book, manwhore drummer meets sister of his prior one night stand who produced a child that is now 15. He doesn't remember the sister because he has slept with SOOOOO many women, RME. This was one of the main things that bothered me about the book, and took me out of fully enjoying the connection between hero and heroine which
Autumn Grey
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
The Life We Wanted was simply amazing. Kelsey’s writing is equally incredible, bringing the characters to life with witty banter, unforgettable emotional, vivid scenes. I loved that the characters were flawed, which made them so very relatable! There are so many scenes I loved. Like TRULY loved and I found myself laughing so hard and at one point tearing up; from father-son bonding times to chinchilla moments (GOSH, these were so cute) to Sebastian and Tabby moments.
Simply wonderful story!
Jen
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredible story of love, loss, and life never turning out the way you thought it would, The Life We Wanted by Kelsey Kingsley blew me away.

You think you have it all figured out—your career, your future, your life. Yes, it may not be what you’d hoped for, but you’re content. For Tabitha Clarke, her world is turned upside down after a horrific tragedy. She’s left to care for her 15-year-old nephew Greyson, who she loves with all her heart, but she’s lost when it comes to raising him. She was a
Alexandra
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, oh my!!!!
I am the lucky winner of an ARC of this fabulous book. Kelsey Kingsley is a new author to me and I already love her words. I got a copy of this story and the first thing I did was to put it away because I needed to read Daisies & Devin first ( You don't have to, but you should!!!). I already loved this story so much and was extremely excited to read The Life We Wanted.

And what can I say: I'm not disappointed!

Tabitha and Sebastian are amazing. I love their banter, it's so much
Gina *loves sunshine*
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2020
My first Kelsey Kingsley book and looking forward to more!! This author definitely captured me and gave me so much of what I look for in a story - immediate connections, fun playful banter, family, friends, smart old people, smiles and smiles, no stupid dumb girl drama, and instead a nice peace in a wonderful story!! Loved it! 4.5 stars! Even though its about a rockstar - it really did not have any band/rockstar vibe to it - it's more a family style storyline.

This is my first book by Kingsley an
Dana
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of BETA reading TLWW....and now having read the final version, I remember why I loved reading Sebastian and Tabby’s story.

I want to start with this: when first discovering an author, you realize you are taking a chance, well, I will say I am so happy I took a chance on Ms. Kingsley last year because DAMN! This woman can write characters so complex and with so much depth that you can feel as if you are living the life of the characters.

In TLWW, we are taken on a journey of life,
BookAddict
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a bit of a risk for me because I went into it completely blind – new author to me, no synopsis, and no clue as to what genre it might be. This is one of those times that it paid off in a huge way, and I’m so glad I found this author! The beautiful, poetic prose of the story had me highlighting passages left and right, and it's so full of emotion and feeling my heart was swept away on its tide.

Tabitha is a very controlled, professional real estate agent who becomes a single mother t
Coco.V
Jan 31, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/31/2020)! 🎁
Lisa Hill
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This story has my heart. It made me laugh, it made me cry (oh boy, did it ever!), it made me swoon and it made me fall in love with Sebastian and Tabitha.

The thread that weaves it’s way through this story is the song Everlong by the Foo Fighters. I’ve never read a book that makes such clever use of a songs lyrics, it’s meaning and the emotion it evokes. It’s a song that I love so it made the book even more special, but if you don’t know it, listen to it and read the lyrics. It
Zilpha Owens
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, arc
4.5 Thumbelina Stars

An adjustment no child or sister should have to make. The dynamic of a relationship changing because of circumstances beyond your control. Letters that broke my heart. All this from just the first few pages of The Life We Wanted.

Tabitha Clarke comes across is a little standoff-ish and uptight. But you can’t really blame her. She’s trying to cope the best way she knows how. I can’t help but feel sorry for her. She’s always had to be the “adult.” Her laughter and carefree ways
Paulette
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say, I love Thor. Now that I have that out of my system let me try to move on to what I hope will be a good review that makes sense and makes you want to read this book.

There are so many moments in this book that I wanted to remember I started highlighting and taking notes at which parts that tugged at my heart almost as soon as I opened this book. The little details in this story will have you crying, sighing and trying to remember them all. No I am not Dr Seuss but this is a book
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
This book has taken over my whole life and invaded every one of my thoughts.
✔Brilliant writing
✔Unforgettable Characters
✔Heart stopping and breath taking. A Real Romance.

“God, Tabby, what the fuck are you doing to me?”
“What do you mean?”
"You really are a witch.”
She giggled, “You keep saying that.”
“It’s better than the truth"
“And what’s the truth?”
“That you’re going to be the end of me.”

I'm just in awe. Kelsey knows just the right way to crack your heart so it splinters.....but man the way she
Leanne
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book... It's happy, sad, angry, lonely, sexy, smart, and freeing! Sebastian is a rock drummer who is completely unapologetically himself. Tabitha is a buttoned up, straight laced professional who really isn't. Greyson is a teenage boy trying to navigate through the death of his mother. Together, they are a family. The just are. The playlist for this book could almost be a character of it's own. I have never read a book that uses music so perfectly to make you a part of the story. I fell lik ...more
G (heartbooked)
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sebastian Moore, you are one swoon worthy daddy rockstar drummer in the world!!

If you are keen for your next rockstar hero, Sebastian is your man. I know this was a romance novel but every scene of this hero and his son is so beautiful and honest and pure amazing. Absolutely loved the hero’s character.

I was a little reserved when it came to Tabby. Don’t come at me for this because I get it. She had so much happening in her life that she felt like everything was uprooted and she had to re-learn
Jessica Holbrook
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am all about rockstars in books. They are one of my favorite to read about. This book took me over. I could not put it down. It is witty and emotional. It's funny and sad. I was addicted from page one. I had so many feeling with these characters. I felt their pain and happiness. I laughed with them and got nervous with them. I wanted to skip pages just so I knew what happened bc I was in those pages with them. I know how 2 favorite rockstars. Kellan Kyle and Sebastian Moore.
Jaime Reynolds
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness was this story fantastic. I love Kelsey’s writing and this book did not disappoint. The storyline and charismatic characters had me turning the pages, never wanting the story to end. I love music and the way she incorporates song lyrics into her characters lives is brilliant and flawless. If you love music, romance and hot rockers then this book is must read.
Julia Kent
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsey Kingsley’s The Life We Wanted was an impulse read for me, the kind you delight in discovering with a “why not?” click and find yourself unable to stop until the last page. Crisp writing with characters that etch themselves in your mind’s eye and your heart, the book captivates, leaving Sebastian, Tabitha and Greyson lingering with you long after the final sentence.
Bree Rock N Read
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Donna
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a member of Team Dearie: Kelsey Kingley's ARC Team on Facebook, I was blessed with an advance reader copy of The Life We Wanted (expected to be released February 2019).  To say I was nervous was an understatement.  I am in a group of close quarters with the author, what if I hate this book?  How would I be able to write an honest review?  The day arrived and in my inbox was this book.  That day was only yesterday...

I finished this book in one day (honestly, around 4 hours of my day total).  I
Jamie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

• Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • Rocked (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)
  • One Complicated Christmas
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Guarded Dreams
  • Love & Redemption (The Love & Ruin Series Book 3)
  • Love & Ruin (The Love & Ruin Series Book 1)
  • Love & Deception (The Love & Ruin Series Book 2)
  • Another Life
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Avenged by Love
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Only Ever You
  • Southern Seducer (North Carolina Highlands, #1)
  • Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
  • Parallel (Parallel, #1)
  • Fifty-Fifty (A Lover's Landing Novella)
When I was a wee lassie, I was told by my preschool teachers that I was a natural at storytelling. When I was just a little older than that, an old friend's mother said to me, "Kelsey, one day your books are going to be on the shelves at the library."

Well, Diane, I don't know if my books are ever going to be on the shelves of libraries, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

When I'm not writing stor