Start by marking “In The Land Of The Penny Gnomes” as Want to Read:
In The Land Of The Penny Gnomes

In The Land Of The Penny Gnomes

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
“HEY KID, wake up.”

That’s how Will’s adventure began. The next thing he knew he’d fallen through a mysterious coin slot in his floor and landed in The Realm, where people like him were not supposed to be. Confused, angry, and a bit bewildered by the unhinged behavior of the Penny Gnomes – Will found himself in a land at war with a rampaging horde of camouflaged lawyers. To
Published September 7th 2018 by Painfully Hopeful Press

To ask other readers questions about In The Land Of The Penny Gnomes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Land Of The Penny Gnomes

really liked it 4.00  ·

Calvin Park
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, spfbo-2019
This is the second portal fantasy that I’ve read recently and like the other I read and reviewed, I enjoyed this one. I may have to stop saying I dislike the subgenre. In the Land of the Penny Gnomes is a hilarious read that pokes fun at tropes in a very Pratchett-esque way. It is lighthearted and funny and might serve as the perfect palate cleanser between more dense or epic reads.

Wesley T. Allen is a geek, and that shows throughout In the Land of the Penny Gnomes. There are so many side refere
BriarGrey
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 (rounded up)

In the Land of the Penny Gnomes by Wesley T. Allen is an enjoyable portal fantasy into a realm that (intentionally) doesn't make much sense. At times I felt it was too over the top, and I think this would be most appealing for young adult fans of portal fantasy looking for something beyond Narnia and the like. Read it if you thought *Alice in Wonderland* needed more gnomes!
Eric
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is fairly well executed, but I could never get invested in the characters. The copyright lawyer villains seemed weirdly heavy-handed as well.

In the end, I kept putting off picking it back up until I accepted I'm never going to finish it.

It's a quirky, unusual story with a good dose of humor.
Pam
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite excellent!

I have enjoyed Science Fiction/Fantasy for about 65years now, and the Fantasy side has always taken second place. However, this tome has been distinctly unique in a Very Good Way. Character development was great and the story moved well from one chapter to the next. It was a Pleasure to read!
Jamison
Very imaginative

The story is interesting, and the world is built well. The satire shows that the author is a fan of that genre. The craft and pacing could use some work though.
ToriLove
Nov 25, 2018
Erin Phillips
Aug 11, 2018
Wesley Allen
Aug 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Jean Lee
Jun 27, 2019
Kim
Jun 30, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Wesley T Allen grew up outside Philadelphia, PA. He enjoys reading, history, writing, photography, and just about anything geeky. He has two day jobs, serving both as the pastor of Central Baptist Church of Riverton-Palmyra and as the Communications Coordinator for the American Baptist Churches of New Jersey. He resides in New Jersey with his wife and children.

In The Land Of The Penny Gnomes is h