Start by marking “Island Captive” as Want to Read:
Island Captive

Island Captive

I was hired to apprehend a monster - a Dom who’d been sentenced to life for murdering his submissive. I’ve seen what he’s capable of, and the images will haunt me forever. I swore I’d stop at nothing to put him behind bars.

But then our plane back to the States crashes.

We are the only two survivors.

And the monster will make me wish I’d died along with the rest of them.
Published August 29th 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Island Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Captive

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
686e56cffe8b9c143a87b12478006399

4.5 Stars
Arc Book Review
Release Date-24/8/18

I devoured "Island Captive" in like one sitting it was that good.

belle_book_gif

And no this was not no insipid flowery fairy-tale but it was definitely my kind of bed-time story
one where my evening is most certainly going to feature sweet dreams of the more carnal variety; if I'm very lucky that is.

DistortedTinyLabradorretriever-max-1mb

The premise behind this storyline is simple Nadine works for a government agency that apprehends hardened criminals that have gone AWOL.
Along with her partner, she is hot
Sophia Triad
This could have been such a great story about a federal marshal and a tough criminal that is captured by her, but their plane crashes on an isolated island and they are the only two survivors. Then, the jailor will become the captive.
I said it would have been a great story, but unfortunately it wasn't as dark as I expected. The criminal who is also a Dom is presumed that he has murdered his sub cold-bloodily and this is the darkest part of the book.
But in the end what happens really in the sto
Melanie (mells_view)
Well dang. I loved this one!

I’m not into the DOM/SUB trope AT ALL, but I still enjoyed this read. I loved that the heroine wasn’t just simply submissive, and I loved that even though the hero is meant to be bad... he softens and is reluctantly soft from the start. I mean he’s not a saint or a good guy by any means at the start, but still... it’s there. I also love stranded/survival romances. I don’t know why but I love when people fall in love during an unusual struggle.

So all in all this is a g
D.D. Prince
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
4.5 stars.
Adrian? WOW.
Absolutely addictive.
~Merrideth Hawk ~Filthy Fahrenheit Book Blog~
MY RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Solid 4-Stars!

"tears are a response to emotion, not pain" ~Adrian

U.S. Marshal, Nadine, tasked to find and capture Adrian, an escaped prisoner convicted of murder (huge alpha male btw!) both of whom get stuck on a island with no hope of rescue. . .enter dom / sub storyline.

A light captor / captive read with only 2 characters, can't get more simple than that!

PROS:

🔥 - the novel is an easy, dip-your-toes into the captive / captor genre, without crossing too many lines. Many reader
Coco.V
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/17/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
`I was hired to apprehend a monster - a Dom who'd been sentenced to life for killing his submissive. I've seen what he's capable of, and the images will haunt me forever. I swore I'd stop at nothing to put him behind bars.

But then our plane back to the States crashes.

We are the only two survivors.

And the monster will make me wish I'd died along with the rest of them...
Sunseeker☀️
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, erotica-bdsm
Meredith
First off, I strongly dislike the cover. Who wears their shirt like that? It looks uncomfortable and awkward, like it's digging into his armpits.

Ok, so the author gives this hero a tribal tattoo. Modern tribal tattoos (the kind Americans get who have never belonged to a tribe) are the lamest tattoos in existence. Categorically one the worst tattoos someone could get. Unimaginative and boring. I think the author was trying to give the character a badass tattoo. A more impressive tattoo would be
~ Cariad ~
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOL 4.5 spankingly good stars!!

PRE-REVIEW:
Well heeeello! What have we here??!!
This looks like it has MASSES of HOT potential!!...
description

Please be awesome, because you've sold me on the blurb and cover!!!
Rhonda
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nadine was sent to capture Adrian after he was accused of murdering his submissive. She does her job but on the way to deliver him into custody, the plane crashes and they are the only survivors. Alone, the tables have been turned on Nadine and now she must figure out a way to survive. The story builds slowly and I was so engrossed that I didn't realize the time. Jane Henry takes the reader on a dark ride that is full of misunderstandings, twists and turns and finally the truth. But when rescue ...more
Anne Z.
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I get why is a dark romance, I really do. But at the same time, it was not that dark to me.
I loved the progression of their relationship and at no point I felt she was forced to do things. Kept against her will? Yes. But that's all.
In other words... Either there is something wrong with me or with you lot 😂😂😂😂😂
Brilliant!!!
Doris O'Connor
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a story. This author never disappoints and this story is no exception. The blurb drew me in and this certainly starts with a bang. I loved the heroine Nadine right from the first page. Such a kick ass lady, and the way she takes Adrian down.... wow.

I was all l prepared to not like Adrian, at all. He certainly gives off the vibes of ruthless killer, until you get to know him along with Nadine. No spoilers from me. Let's just say you can't help falling in love with him once they're strand
Bindi Boo
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Erotic suspense....phew! This one was a clear winner for me.
Lashuri Chan
B. Koe
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
EMOTIVE, COMPELLING, and SENSUOUS, this sometimes dark and captivating tale is a MUST-READ!
Absolutely fascinating on so many levels, this sensuous tale of a dark time and uncontrollable circumstances ultimately leads to an inspiring HEA. How that ending is achieved is the thrill of reading this masterfully written novel “ISLAND CAPTIVE,” the next MUST-READ offering from author Jane Henry. EVERYTHING I have ever read written by Jane Henry has knocked my socks off. Henry NEVER disappoints. Her pro
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How have I managed to read so many books and not read anything from this author. Like seriously what was I thinking.. or not thinking. It’s when I come across a book like this that I’m so glad I sign up for blog tours.

Adrian is an escaped convict. Nadine must catch him and bring him back to prison. When their plane crash circumstances change and Nadine ends up being Adrian’s captive.

I didn’t find this a dark read however I can see how some may think it’s dark. It does have BDSM in it.
I cannot
Not dark... the dual POV lightened this up considerably. Unrealistic ending. Enjoyable smexy times.
Tianna✸loves books✸
The h is a US Marshall, who apprehends the criminal H. She is harsh with him as she thinks he is a deranged criminal. On the way, the plane crashes with only the H and h remaining survivors. The tables get turned quickly when the h becomes the prisoner of the H. Some BDSM. Then falling in loves. Then the h is rescued. But does she wants to ?

Honestly, the plot was amazing but the execution was not interesting. It was just average.
lily waheed
First time author
Because of the blurb Expected it to be darker and .... it wasn't, so it was just ok I will give the author another chance and see !
Kayla
Sep 01, 2018 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
This one started off pretty good but it quickly lost my interest and I ended up DNFing it.

I didn't like the heroine at all. She's one of these heroines who has more pride than common sense and I don't enjoy reading about those. I got a bad feeling when she started doing things that didn't even make sense in her pursuit of showing me what a badass she was. Like she bargains and agrees to do to-be-determined later things so that the H will come help her out of a situation, then when he drags his
Suzy
Sep 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
I did not finish it !!!!!!!!!!
I gave up after the plane crash because the so called Anti Hero the first thing he did was force the girl into sex, "WTF" they have just survived a plane crash there are dead bodies on the beach Sharks in the water no way of escaping that we know of and that's his first thought , not interested in finding out anymore of the story. Others have given it 5 stars either they read a different book or it gets better but that scene has put me right off, plus the female lea
Jessica
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Island Captive is a stand alone dark romance. Nadine works for the government, taking down bad guys one at a time. Her current mission is to apprehend Adrian, a Dom who killed his last submissive and escaped prison. Nadine and her partner catches Adrian, but on the way back to the States, the plane crashes down on a remote island. The survivors? Only Nadine and Adrian. Now the tables are turned and Nadine is Adrian’s prisoner, one he must train, one he can never fully trust. Can Nadine hold off ...more
Joyffree
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
🌴What will you give to survive?
🌴What will you give to survive?

Adriane - an escaped criminal - a sadist - a murderer
Nadine - a hard as nails straight shooting no nonsense Marshall who has every intention of getting justice for her victims - no price is too high

This was such an emotional read - The characters are bold and so vivid- Our heroine has no intentions of submitting to the island or to her prisoner. She will play the role she must until she finds a weakness she can exploit
Adriane - for me
R Y A N  (bdb.for.life.true)
Space Cowgirl
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nadine and Carlos were sent to a South Sea Island nation to capture Adrian🐺🍆🌋🔪🔫, a dangerous international killer and wanted criminal. On the way back in a private Jet, there's a severe fuel leak, and the plane crash lands into the sea next to a small island. Only Nadine💃🔫 and the criminal Adrian🐺🍆🌋🔪✋ survive.

The book is a titillating, detailed account of their time stranded on the island. Adrian🐺🍆🌋✋🔪 is a dominant, a heavy handed Spankenstein✋✋, and he wastes no time in disciplining Nadine💃 har
Jan Miller
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane Henry really impressed me with this captivating listen. I was attracted to Adrian and Nadine from the very beginning. This book is more than survival instincts, suspense, and life style choices. The imagery is wonderful with this book, and the narration by DC Cole allowed me to visualize so much. He performs this book brilliantly. I loved the POV for Nadine and Adrian. I will definitely listen to more books by this author and narrator.
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
I enjoyed this story even though it was less than perfect. The plot involving a remote uninhabited island, a murdering Dom and his captive - different! There’s holes in the narrative: things left unexplained and much about it OTT. However, despite this I found it very entertaining. The main characters were both likeable and real. It actually felt at times that I was right there on the island with Nadine and Adrian, and rooting for them. The ending while far fetched, was just right.
Amanda Dubuque
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, I enjoyed every word of it. I cannot imagine being stranded on an island with a person that you have been told is a murderer. He's hot, sexy and an alpha male that she can't help sneaking glances at. He thinks she's a prude with her hair in a tight bun and she never smiles plus she has treated him like crap and they are the only survivors of the plane crash. What now, you will be surprised.
Simone Bhalla
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it in one go!

I’m not a fan of Dom/Sub stories but I absolutely loved this book. I love enemies to lovers especially if they are strangled somewhere and can only depends on themselves!

I couldn’t put it down and have read it in one go!

“I wish I could believe he’s lying. I want to hold onto my innocence and his guilt, but I know in my gut what he says is true.”

I must confess I didn’t like the pain/ strong spanking bit because as I already said I’m not into BDSM but rest I really enjoyed!

Wish
Heidi
Oct 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-bo
I don’t give up on a lot of books but this book has left me no choice! I tried and tried to get into it but it was all so far fetched it was hard not to continue to roll my eyes.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ruby and the Beast
  • Gaige (Captive to the Dark, #3)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Retribution (The Devil's Kiss, #1.3)
  • Captured to Breed
  • Parasight (Red Order, #2)
  • Pretty Lies (Pleasure House, #4)
  • Inked
  • King (Impossible, #7)
  • Russian Billionaire's Fiancée (Chekov Billionaire Series Book 3)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales:  Beyond Wonderland
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1)
  • Celebrity (Politics of Love, #1)
  • Wicked Mafia Prince (Dangerous Royals, #2)
  • The X-Club (The Krinar Chronicles, #0.5)