Start by marking “Hindsight: And All the Things I Can’t See in Front of Me” as Want to Read:
Hindsight: And All the Things I Can’t See in Front of Me

Hindsight: And All the Things I Can’t See in Front of Me

In his first book, Justin Timberlake creates a characteristically dynamic experience, one that combines an intimate, remarkable collection of anecdotes, reflections, and observations on his life and work with hundreds of candid photographs from his personal archives that range from his early years to the present day, in locations around the world, both on and off the stage

Published November 1st 2018 by Virgin Digital

To ask other readers questions about Hindsight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hindsight

MissBecka
This didn't really work for me.
The overly positive platitudes and nonsense paragraphs were weird.
Felt more like a self help book with pictures?
Luckily this is a coffee table type book and there really isn't much writing.
The pictures are lovely and I thought they told his story on their own quite well.
Briánna
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished it in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. It’s a deeper look inside the person, not the actor, musician, star. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another good piece of work, JT!!
steph
"I don't want to compete, I want to connect. I want to connect to my music and to the audience. I want to do my best work and support other artists who are doing brilliant work that inspires me."

I feel like I should preface this review by saying I was a HUGE fan of N'SYNC and in particular, Justin, back when N'SYNC and all the other boy bands of the late '90's/early '00's were big. At 11/12 I was the perfect age for the onslaught that was the "boy band" craze and N'SYNC was my favorite of all o
Michelle Curie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, memoirs
"That's why I love entertainment, in all forms: it's connection disguised as escapism. That's why we listen to music. That's why we go to a movie, a play, or an art gallery."

Every day while making my way to uni I would pass a bookshop with this in their window. Every day I would make eye contact with Justin Timberlake, a man I have never spent much time thinking about in my life. One day I caved in.

Singer, songwriter, actor, dancer, and record producer Justin Timberlake is definitely a man of
Jessica
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know, I’m not a huge “Omygosh JT” fan. Probably because I grew up with him in *NSYNC and all that. But this book was touching and just helped me get to know him more and it was just well done.
Ashley Nelson
20% memoir, 80% stylized artsy photos. It's a coffee table book. Some interesting tidbits, but those are outweighed by the serious introspection. Hard to not call this a vanity project.
Chally
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
It bothered me to see how few pages he spent discussing his time with NSYNC, the group that made him famous (and I’m far from being an NSYNC fan). His Mickey Mouse Club years were given more coverage. It felt disrespectful.
M. G. A.
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Odd. The barest autobiography you can write.
Trish
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad that he wrote a book. It was nice reading about his life.
Allie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was the douchiest thing I’ve ever read.
Jenny Stark
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This autobiography falls outside the scope of what I typically read. I’m a semi-fan of JT (most recently of JT + Fallon comedy skits more than his latest music), but the title and description of this work caught my eye and encouraged me to pick it up from the library. What I most enjoyed about this book: It feels like a yearbook of the most important moments in JT’s personal and professional history. It’s visually stunning, and I found myself marveling at layout and font choices. I also apprecia ...more
Brittney
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-books
I got bored with it after a bit and it felt repetitive at times. It's a quick read though, mainly because of all the pictures.
Whitney Heflin
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I might be biased because I love JT to the moon and back but I found this to be a solid piece of writing. While this isnt a novel or biography, its his way of presenting his story behind much of his music and art. As a fan, gaining that introspect behind how he creates was interesting. As a person who loves music, I also found it engaging. I've seen so many of the events in this book from my fan perspective and it was thoroughly enjoyable to see them from his. A+
Kelli
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
While there wasn’t anything earth shattering or super profound I pulled from this book, I really liked it. It’s artsy in design and I love photos as a visual learner. It’s a quick read. I will forever be a super fan of JT so could also be why I enjoyed it 😊
Christine
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-rating
I’m slightly biased because I’ve loved JT since I was 13, but I absolutely loved this book. I loved getting insight into Justin’s brain and process for making music.
Julie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is the kind of book that belongs on the end table at a Doctors office to peruse while you wait. To me it was disjointed, and gave no new insight whatsoever. If you have seen The Good Place, it is comparable to a male Tahani..... altruistic with name dropping follow ups. As others have commented, it is a vanity project.
Sylvia Light
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read. I admire Justin as an entertainer, a singer and most importantly as a human being. As I read his book I listened to his music adding another layer to my experience. Simple. Enjoyable. Just like conversing with a friend.
Cecilia Hendricks
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This is fine. It's nothing brilliant. You get to see a tiny bit of JT's ethic and philosophy. He claims to be a hard worker, and I buy that. His philosophy isn't terribly well developed on the pages of the book but I hope it's more developed in his head.

But mostly? This book just a bunch of photos of Justin Timberlake. I can find those for free on the interwebs.
Heather Lavigne
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Justin is everything you’d want a celebrity to be and everything that it seems many celebrities are not after you scratch the surface. Humble, thoughtful, smart, and driven by the kinds of experiences that everyone can relate to. Some might dismiss this as a flashy coffee table book (in the same ways that some might dismiss him as an artist), but those that know he’s more than that will absolutely love this book!
Rachel
Dec 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
dnf the text after the 3rd page. The pictures are great, lovely, nice. The writing is horrible, bland, repetitive, sounds like a grade schooler is trying to tell a story. So horrible.
Rachel
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love JT and when I saw he had a book coming out I knew I had to have it. I was hoping for a detailed account of his journey but that’s not what this is. It’s more of a coffee table book with awesome pictures and lots of well written, heartfelt thoughts that let you into his soul. He’s just a cool dude.
Lilly  Minasyan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Justin Timberlake. I love him to death.
This book was everything to me, I devoured his words, I felt like he is letting us to see who he is in different ways, as a singer/actor/man/husband/son/father.
I am pretty sure he wrote this book, if you ever watch his interviews and read this book, you could tell too. I loved all the pictures (which were very high quality) and I love the little stories. He didn’t include any drama or controversy that he has gone through. I think he wan
Kari
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Oh, Justin. I was prepared to love this book. But mostly ... I just feel kinda baffled. What did I just read? Was it just a photo retrospective? Just an excuse to make an artsy coffee table book with random quotes and lots of strange fonts and layouts? Yes, mostly. Because it wasn't a memoir. The book was VERY light on the anecdotes. I wanted more anecdotes! A couple pages about Star Search and MMC. A couple pages about N SYNC. (I wanted so many more!) A couple pages about golf. But also, only a ...more
Orsolya
Justin Timberlake: the name of a man who simply does no wrong. Regardless of age, race, gender, creed, and/or sexual orientation; EVERYONE loves Justin Randall Timberlake. At least, no one dislikes him. The man is a multi-threat artist and a legend to the current generation. Timberlake enters the world of print with his first book release, “Hindsight: & All the Things I Can’t See in Front of Me”.

“Hindsight” is the perfect embodiment of Timberlake as it is not only a piece of art but can’t e
Kate McDowell
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I read this in an hour. Let me preface this by saying that I initially wasn’t sure I wanted to add this to my read books of 2019, and that I’m also a huge Timberlake fan. Perhaps it’s that I’ve become a bit snobbish by basking in the words of Donna Tartt and Patrick Rothfuss, but I had a hard time getting through this. Yes, it’s a picture book with the inner monologues of our own JT, so I shouldn’t set such a high standard, but I felt distracted by the choppy syntax and grammatical errors. I wil ...more
Melanie
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I’ve been a big fan of Justin’s since his *NSYNC days and it is fun to hear his stories and memories from some of his biggest moments. I just wish some of the stories had been longer or gone a little more in-depth. The photos are amazing.
Sarah McOuat
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
As a fan, I found this to be an interesting read. The focus was more on lessons learned from the “good stuff” and excluded past mis-steps (which to me is a big part of hindsight and growth). My favourite part was learning more about his creative process.
Stacy Allison
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s J.T. Nothing more needs to be said.
Lizzy
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so, I am super bias because I really love JT, LOL! There is something about his 20/20 experience concert on Netflix that draws you in, like, the way he performs lets you feel his music in your own way, and that’s exactly what he talks about in Hindsight. That what he feels he incorporates into his music so we all feel the something, not necessarily the way he felt it, but real connection. It’s something special. I also love that he talks about people relating themselves to characters in for ...more
Readergirl77
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
In actuality, this reminds me more of a coffee table book to sit and peruse than it does an actual memoir. That being said, it has some great memory moments from his childhood through where he is now. I liked how he was introspective and talked about how he has grown as a person. He shared a lot of nice candid photographs from his career and personal life. It was worth reading. I am a fan of Justin Timberlake, and I love how he talks about his relationship with his wife. I think this was a good ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Are You Anybody?: A Memoir
  • Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir
  • Diamond in the Rough: A Memoir
  • Betty White in Person
  • Better: How I Let Go of Control, Held On to Hope, and Found Joy in My Darkest Hour
  • Bad Indians: A Tribal Memoir
  • If Only
  • Chasing Light: Michelle Obama Through the Lens of a White House Photographer
  • Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran
  • Looking Back: A Book of Memories
  • Gloria's Voice: The Story of Gloria Steinem, Feminist, Activist, Leader
  • Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far
  • Refinery29 Money Diaries: Everything You've Ever Wanted To Know About Your Finances... And Everyone Else's
  • All In: How Our Work-First Culture Fails Dads, Families, and Businesses—And How We Can Fix It Together
Justin Randall Timberlake is an American pop singer-songwriter, record producer, dancer, and actor. He came to fame as one of the lead singers of pop boy band 'N Sync and has won six Grammy Awards as well as an Emmy Award. In 2002, he released his debut solo album, Justified, which sold over 7 million copies worldwide. Timberlake's second solo release, FutureSex/LoveSounds, was released in 2006 wi ...more
“That's why I love entertainment, in all forms: it's connection disguised as escapism.” 1 likes
“I love the spaces that are not about the win but the practice.” 1 likes