Start by marking “The Weaver (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Weaver (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)

The Weaver

(Weaver Trilogy #1)

Most writers choose the endings to their stories . . . most writers are not Weavers.
Published August 7th 2019 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about The Weaver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weaver

Start your review of The Weaver (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
Grace
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a book feels so real it makes you question reality, you know it’s a well crafted book.
I really loved the plot, words became flesh and blood and lived among us. Can you imagine the villain in the best books you’ve read coming to life, or the handsome, most striking character becoming the love of your life?
The weavers are writers whose characters come to life but not always in a good way. They have to deal with the villains, who always wants revenge because their makers (writers) made them
Laura ☾
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 stars (rounded up)

*Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review *
The Weaver feels like Inkheart (Cornelia funke) meets Ruby Sparks !

This book is beautifully written, easy to read and really draws you in and makes you forget your surroundings.

I emojoyed Laney as a protagonist, and can relate to her introversion. She is immature and naive at times, but it rather suits her character. Her ' writing' is somewhat cheesy, and also seems somewha
Erika Sarutobi
Dec 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars.

The premise of the book is interesting until you start reading and find out that you've been spoiled and the focus of the book is way different than the sypnosis.

Laney doesn't really find out that she's a Weaver until much later when she meets other Weavers though she suspects that Jonas is a character from her book. The whole focus of the book is on the romance and to be more specific, the love triangle between her, Jason and William.

To be honest, it was really exhausting since when s
Tana 🌻 Cozyreadings
02/11/2019
I normaly don't rate books i haven't finished, but i think i read enough to get the gist of it.

I DNF'd this around the halfway mark. I couldn't connect to the characters at all! Laney had such a "not like the other girls" problem and it drove me mad. The story moved weirdly, which made reading very hard... I had hoped for a new favorite like inkheart, but i didnt get that sadly.

08/10/2019

This makes me think of Inkheart, and I really need that again in my life!!
Sophie's Reading Corner
A Weaver is a storyteller. A writer whose very being is driven by the stories they have to tell. But unlike normal authors, writing for a Weaver is a dangerous occupation.

Laney is a freshman and she writes books. One day something happens and she's certain that she came across to a guy that was a creation of her imagination and the antagonist of the book she's currently writing. As time passes, she meets new people and she gathers information about the whole thing and we follow her
Kara Babcock
I originally received an eARC from NetGalley, but for reasons that escape me (probably my own incompetence) I forgot to download it. Out of a desire for completionism, I bought a copy of The Weaver so I could read and review it. Although the basic premise is sound and interesting, Heather Kindt’s writing style didn’t work for me. This attempt at a combination of thriller, romance, and fantasy lacks what I enjoy about those three genres.

Laney is a college student writing a historical novel in her
Whiskey & Wit Book Reviews
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nutshell - Delaney Holden is a freshman in college, a lover of history, and a writer of historical romances. Unbeknownst to Laney, her journal jaunts become real. The characters show up in her world, wreak havoc (or take long, romantic beach strolls... I'm not judging😉), they are a figment of her imagination yet nonfictional, they love her and hate her, Laney is in control but ascendancy eludes her. This is a book of conundrums. Is it too convoluted to follow? No! The Weaver is a mind-bending, t ...more
Jamie W
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I really like the concept of an author's characters coming to life, then coming after her in order to change their story.

It started off with lots of action and an interesting relationship between the 2 main characters. But then nothing really happened except that they attended college, engaging in juvenile high school level drama clique stuff (jocks & popular girls vs smart nerds) and went to lacrosse games and dances.

At 40% of the book, the paranormal aspect becomes the focus, and the action pi
Lili  Marcus
When I saw this book on Netgalley, I requested it without any hesitation. Everything about this book seems like a dream come true to every reader. Also, I'm an aspiring author so the idea of Weavers is so fascinating. This book has the most interesting premise so I was so excited to dive in to the story.

Sadly, I was disappointed. The story has a lot of potential but it felt lacking in every way. The characters are not really likeable, and I even dislike Laney most of the times. I didn't connect
Jessica Robbins
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour

What an intriguing book this is! We meet Laney as she is entering college which she hopes will be a great experience for her. While struggling with her classes she starts dabbling in writing thinking it is only for fun. The problem is that her story has a few unexpected consequences due to something known as The Weaver that she could never see coming. This leads us on an intriguing path of mystery, fanta
Jocelyn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-five, ebooks, arc-s
~ 2.5 rounded up ~

Review

The premise of this book was fantastic so I was really disappointed to find that the book just wasn't connecting with me once I started reading it. I really wanted to like this story more, but save for the last few chapters of the book I found the only reason I was still turning the pages was to see if it got better. Luckily it eventually did, but it took awhile to get there.

I’ll start with the good.

The cover is utterly stunning and really captures the atmosphere the
Steff Pasciuti
| Reader Fox Blog |

Oh, boy. Where do I even start with The Weaver by Heather Kindt? I suppose the first thing to say would be that I chose to DNF this book at around 72%. After forcing myself through an immense amount of poor writing, over-the-top cheesy and unrealistic romance, and problematic ideas I just couldn't bring myself to finish. I hate to call a book a waste of my time, but the truth is The Weaver served only to disappoint and anger. Which is a real shame for a book with such an
D.L. Finn
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The Weaver” is an NA paranormal romance set on a college campus, although I felt it was more a YA, and the setting reminded me of high school. That detail, though, didn’t take away my enjoyment of the story. I loved the idea of characters coming to life and the consequences. Laney is a freshman at college, but before she gets started, she is pushed down a set of stairs. That leads Laney down a path of mystery to figure out why she was attacked. Laney settles into school and finds herself back i ...more
Angie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don’t think that I was this book’s intended audience. I just couldn’t get into it. I mean, I like the premise, in theory. The synopsis reminded me of Cornelia Funke’s Inkheart trilogy, which I read years ago and absolutely loved. But The Weaver fell far short of my expectations in that regard. While it is not a badly written story, I just didn’t connect with it, nor with any of the characters.

I also felt that Laney was missing the skepticism necessary for me to suspend disbelief enough to get
Annette
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
When I discovered this book on Netgalley I just had to have it. As a writer, and an even more passionate reader, the premise of this story just sounded too good. I don't think there's any writer who doesn't like the thought of her characters truly coming to life. So, when I started reading this morning I was very excited to finally delve into this story and world.

Maybe it were the high expectations, maybe it's the fact that I have a bad cold and don't feel that well currently, maybe the book did
Shima
Oct 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
*This book was provided by NetGallery in exchange for an honest review.*

And an honest review it's going to get.

Generally I only rate a book one star if it is in some ways offensive, otherwise, my lowest rating is 2, because it seems like any finished book deserves at least that.
That is not the case here.
This book doesn't get 1 star because it's offensive in any of the usual ways, unless, like me, you take offence at this being considered a book.

(That being said, it does include a heavy cas
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
Loved this book so much, such a unique idea!

The Weaver starts off with a girl called Laney who is in college with her best friend Jason. She writes historical fiction in her spare time.
Things take off very quickly, characters from her book come to life. There’s danger, action, mystery and a love triangle between Jason (her childhood friend who she has a crush on) & William (a mysterious boy who’s roommates with Jason)

I really liked Laney as a character and related to her being so introverted
Meegy
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Ok, this book started off super slow for me, I had no idea what the hell was going on. But I kept reading, because this book sounded really interesting, and I was rewarded. This book was great, I loved all the characters, yes even the bad ones. And the little twists and turn towards the ending eas great. First up I thought that you know a certain "W" character was going to turn out to be different. But nope, he was the same.
Celia McMahon
Jul 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
LOOK AT THIS COVER! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Meghan Tomsovic
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Weaver, I just have to say that I am so glad that it is a trilogy. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book and to see where Heather takes these amazing characters. The world is something unlike any other and had me grasping for more. I’m not usually one to finish books so quickly, but if I didn’t have to work I would have finished this book in a day, it was nail biting good. I highly recommend this.
Donna
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just knew I was going to love this book!!! When it first popped up on Parliament as coming, i knew i needed to have it!!! I’m so thankful they sent me a copy for review!!

Laney (Delaney) was a great MC, i connected with her so easily. The characters in this story are so well written. The plot flows smoothly and effortlessly, so that i was turning pages as quickly as i could at every opportunity I could get. The twists and turns had me gasping and the constant wondering what would happen next ha
Amber Hodges
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cover to this book sucked me in but I wasn't ready for how much this book was going to affect me and make me sad when it ended. I found myself going to work and standing there thinking about this book instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing. I couldn't help it. The characters sucked me in and the writing style is amazing. I found myself biting my nails from the suspense and needing to know what happens next.

I loved following Laney and watching her figure things out and make hard de
Winterbookbee
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The weaver | Heather Kindt

Synopsis:
Laney Holden is a freshman at Madison College whose life goes from normal to paranormal in a matter of seconds. When the antagonist in the book she’s writing shoves her down the stairs at the subway station, she learns she is a Weaver. Weavers bridge the narrow gap between fantasy and reality, bringing their words to life.
Laney soon meets William whom she also suspects is a char
Angela
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an eARC to read for free in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, The Parliament House, and Heather Kindt for giving me access.

Stories coming to life? Sign me up!

I thoroughly enjoyed Kindt's take on what happens when a story comes to life. It may not be in the same way that the story was written, but we get some characters brought to life.

(It reminds me of Once Upon a Time when we find out that Henry is the author and has the power to write the story.)

This st
Nicki Markus
I wanted to like The Weaver more than I did. It was a fun concept. As a writer myself, I loved the idea of characters coming to life, and some aspects of the plot and characterisation worked well. However, I found myself questioning things too often e.g. why Laney accepted who Jonas was immediately yet failed to recognise William as her William for ages, even though it was obvious to me from the moment he appeared. At times plot points felt a little forced, and I had no sense of urgency or thril ...more
Monica
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the publishers to read and review. I really enjoyed this book. I felt that there was a good mix of fantasy and historical fiction. I found all of the characters very intriguing, and the MC Will was swoon-worthy. My only critique would be that I thought the book started off rather slow. It quickly picks up the pace and overall I finished the book quite quickly. The book resolves it's major conflict, but leaves enough of a cliffhanger to where you are anticipating the nex ...more
Dan Alatorre
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was my privilege to read an advance copy of The Weaver, and let me tell you - when great ideas meet interesting characters and a terrific writing style, a good time is had by all.

I enjoyed Heather Kindt's earlier book, Ruby Slips and Poker Chips IMMENSELY. This book is very different from that one, but readers who enjoyed one will enjoy the other. This is a creative idea executed with skill, an amazing journey you'll love.
C. Lewis
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say the cover of this book didn't disappoint and accurately depicted the magic inside. I went on an adventure with Laney and loved the fact that her characters came to live. As I writer, I would LOVE for that to happen. The story was well developed and when I put the book down, I just kept thinking about the characters inside. My only issue...IT NEEDED TO BE LONGER!!! I love books I can spend days in and I seriously wanted to spend more time in this magical story!
gwendalyn _books_
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

If have written, have you ever wondered what it’d be like if your characters were actually real? Would you like being around them?

THE WEAVER is the first installment of The Weaver trilogy. It is an NA paranormal romance set in a small town on the north shore of Boston.
Heather Kindt has written a stunning immersive and engaging book beauti
Katelyn Dickinson
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I received a digital ARC for free from the author and The Parliament House in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.**

Okay. Y’all. This was so good. The premise alone was super intriguing to me. It is unlike anything I’ve read before, and I loved it.
The characters were so good. Laney was a great MC. William.. man I just love William!
The writing was great. The story flowed so well. It kept me wanting to read. If I didn’t have to adult and work, I easily could have read this one
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What book would you enter if you could? 1 2 Aug 21, 2018 01:47PM

• The Shrike & the Shadows
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • The Glass Magician
  • Dorothy in the Land of Monsters (Oz ReVamped, #1)
  • Of Silver and Shadow
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Mageborn
  • Master of Sorrows (The Silent Gods #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • The Hollow Gods (The Chaos Cycle Duology, #1)
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • The Memory Thief
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • A Violet Fire (Vampires in Avignon, #1)
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • The Seventh Sun (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #1)

Weaver Trilogy (2 books)
  • The Watcher (The Weaver Trilogy,  #2)

News & Interviews