Start by marking “Raise Your Game” as Want to Read:

(Beastly Bosses #1)

From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes a sexy, laugh-out-loud romance of epic proportions.

RULE #1: Never apply for a promotion while drunk.
RULE #2: Never spill your margarita on your laptop and accidentally hit send on an email telling your boss to shove his promotion up his…
RULE #3: Never attempt to salvage your career by pretending to be your boss’s wife
Published November 12th 2018 by Gloss Publishing LLC (first published November 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Raise Your Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raise Your Game

Start your review of Raise Your Game
Coco.V
Jun 08, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/9/2020)! 🎁
Alyssa
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
*Received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

I have such mixed feeling about this book. The premise was strong and the synopsis had me hooked instantly. Even the first few pages had a hook like nothing I’ve ever read in a contemporary romance. It started off with a bang that had me flying through the pages at lightning speed. However, the more I continued to read through, the more I wasn’t enjoying it.

Both Sophie and Logan were funny characters who had me laughing at their antics
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
Cassia does it again and honestly, I think I laughed the hardest I ever have at the beginning of a book! The "SQUEAK" Hahahaaaaaaaaaa! Brilliant! You have to read this one!

Raise your Game is a smart, VERY sexy, funny, cute, fast paced and easy read!

Logan, his brother Everett and their father acquire businesses. Sometimes they take over but most times they sell the businesses off, letting the employees go. Jasper Pierce has decided to let one of his sons take the company over but which one? Log
OhWell
2.5* rounded up as it was a freebie. Some proofreading would have helped. This is the most glaring error:

... my gaze locked on her striking blue eyes. (ch. 5)
She narrows her stunning hazel eyes at me (same ch. 5)

Otherwise, a quick, uncomplicated story with some steam and a feel-good ending.
Maryland
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 1/2 Stars. It’s been awhile since I read a light hearted book that was as much fun as this one was.

The story centers around Sophie, a gossip columnist and Logan, a man working for his Dad’s investment firm that has acquired the gossip magazine. Circumstances force Sophie’s hand and she must work on a project with Logan. And so begins this enjoyable adventure. I absolutely loved the full development of these characters. You got a good sense of who they really are. Their directness and banter h
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
If you are in the mood for a page turner, funny, romantic and very sexy story, this book is exactly what you need!

Logan is wealthy, sexy and very experienced with women. He also needs to prove that he's capable to run his father empire. To make it happen, he needs Sophie help so he makes her a very interesting proposition.
Their chemistry is quite evident and Sophie will have a hard time to not fall into temptation... but there are some major secrets between them that will make everything fall ap
C Gray
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, Cassia Leo has done it again!!

What starts off as a fake marriage, Logan and Sophie ultimately learn more about themselves and each other. Logan is a wealthy, sexy as all man that doesn’t do relationships but once he meets Sophie he starts to rethink his life. This book has it all, I was hysterical at times, tearing up at others and in complete awe by the very last word!! I absolutely love this story, Logan and Sophie!! 🖤🖤
Maheswari
⭐️ ⭐️ Couples Retreat

Ring a bells of that same movie which released on 2009 ?
Same plot but has a twist where me of the couple actually there to scoop news from celebrity couple which joint this retreat to save their marriage but this couple H & h are there to gain they own profit

It’s nothing wrong but bond in exotic island background doesn’t help me to find chemistry between the two main characters

What with somewhat rude appearance of H brother and his wife which should I consider another wo
Lynn
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super quick, modern, sexy romance to cleanse the palate.
MEF
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Missed the feel good for me

The jacket blurb sold this to me, so good job! Sadly, that neat synopsis was more fun than the book itself. First gripe, Sophie has “ striking blue eyes” on page 76 but on Page 78 they are “stunning hazel eyes”. Come on, sort this out!
Logan was one dimensional for me, I didn’t like him or his Magnum. Sophie is likeable but not convincing enough.
Left me disappointed.
Stephanie
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Logan Pierce is the ultimate playboy. He is one of New York’s most ruthless businessmen and most notorious womanizers. He has thirty days to prove to his dad that he is not just a womanizer. He is capable of more. He just doesn’t realize it…yet.

I don’t do commitment. Some women refuse to believe me when I tell them this.

Sophie “The Celebrity Whisperer” Bishop is a staff writer at Close-Up magazine. Logan needs to save Close-Up from bankruptcy to “prove” himself and inherit his father’s company.
Paige Smith
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What starts off as a fake marriage turns into much more. Slick businessman Logan enlists the help of Sophie in order to win over shares of his father’s company. Sophie is a journalist for a failing magazine company and needs help nailing a story about troubled couples at a sex retreat. It just makes sense that they pretend to be married and help each other out, right? Sophie gets her story and Logan wins over his dad. It’s a win-win for both.

Raise Your Game is a witty, lighthearted, cute read. I
Stacy Hahn
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raise Your Game was funny, sexy, and romantic all rolled together to make a fantastic romantic comedy.

Sophie and Logan come together in the book both out for their own best interests. Sophie agrees to a “fake” marriage with Logan in order to keep her job. Logan needs this marriage to help him win a competition against his brother to gain his father’s shares of his company. There is no end to the laughs and sexy times in this book. You will love to see the transformation in Logan and Sophie’s rel
D.L. Gallie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun lighthearted read, with added drama hat wasn’t over the top.
I loved all the characters, especially Sophie. She’s your lovable girl next door and I was glad to see her get her HEA. Logan was smooth and with Soph on his team, he became totally swoon worthy.
If you want a fun, sometimes funny and a tad sexy, this is the book for you.
Jo
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is, without a doubt, a fun, one sitting kind of a story.

Although I pretty much got what I expected from this tale, there were some genuinely funny moments.  Don't get me wrong - Logan is not my favourite male protagonist, but the author makes this work.

Nicely done.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Kate R
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
ehh just ok...Honestly, the first chapter made me almost drop the book completely. I didn't like Logan's character. He was a jerk. He slightly redeemed himself throughout the rest of the book. The book was super quick, almost too rushed. But, the scenes in Hawaii were creative and hilarious. And the epilogue was really good. ...more
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
So So book
doris
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raise your game/c. Leo

I enjoyed the story of loga n and sophie, one a wealthy playboy who buy out companies about to bankrupt and the girl who is a journalist that writes for gossip magazine. Both are on a mission to save the company she works for and he owns to prove to his father he has what it takes and in competition with his brother. If you like humorist story with a twist you will like this one.
Bette Stanek
Team Ka'pipi! OK, this was quick and entertaining. Did I absolutely love it? Not really, but I for sure didn't dislike it. It was just not one of my favorite Cassia Leo books. I just didn't connect with Logan and Sophie like I usually do with her characters. I still liked them, they just didn't intrigue me. Raise Your Game has a pretty standard storyline, moves quickly, and doesn't really throw any curveballs at the reader. It's pretty much what you'd expect. ...more
Janet
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and sexy

I really enjoyed this fun little romp. The storyline was quirky and the characters we're fun. Logan is sexy and conceited with the worst reputation in New York. He chooses Sophie to be his partner in an elaborate ruse, with the caveat she will get a new position and big raise.

The two end up deep in lies and deep in lust. How they work together to create a relationship and come out winners makes for a quick and enjoyable read.
Debby
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sophie is the "celebrity whisperer" and writes about them for a gossip rag - not what she envisioned herself doing in college. When she gets conned into pretending to be married to the new head of her magazine, Logan Pierce, a man known for getting whatever he wants through his sexual prowess. Not exactly a match made in heaven - at first. ...more
Sue Parker
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting story. Sophie is on the verge of loosing her job. But in a drunken girls night she emails her boss and next thing you know she is pretending to be his wife. They are attending a couples retreat with the hopes of getting the scoop on a celebrity couple. But nothing is as it seems and it blows up. But Logan isn’t giving up and he will do anything for the love of his life.
Robin
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

I chose "Raise Your Game" from a giveaway. The review quote said it was a hilarious, laugh out loud romcom.
I have to be honest, I never laughed. It's not funny, but it is a cute feel good story.
Happy Reading:-)
AnneMarie Davee
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do to win?

A cute, quick, funny read. Logan and Sophie do the whole fake marriage thing to get a scoop. The way the play each other as well as those around them make for a good story.
Valerie Crawford
Loved it!

This a laugh out loud story where true love conquers all! It's been awhile since I've read this great of a book! I couldn't put it down! I could read this again over and over!!!
Mildred L.
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being Truthful

That old saying what's done in the dark will always come to the light is so true. Sometimes there is a second chance and others just say NO!!! Siblings will always compete with other whether openly or in the dark.
Ellen Hedden
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raise Your Game

Nice quick read. Interesting premise and a lot of chemistry between the H and the h. However, Logan changed his ways very quickly and issues w his brother and sister in law were left unresolved.
Brandan WH
Just ok

It was hard for me to stay invested in this book because I REALLY did not like the main characters. Sophie and Logan were manipulative and so many of the moves they made were self-serving and did not endear them to me at all.
Mandi Morgan
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept my attention

Kind of a silly book. The way they interact was amusing. They were a different couple that’s for sure. I liked the ending but hate how far in the future we were taken. Still a great ending though.
Trudy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast, fun, funny, sexy and fabulous!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Head Over Heels (Love in the Pacific Northwest #1)
  • This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • Mr. White (Case Brothers)
  • Challenging the Cowboy (The Men of Marvell Ranch #3)
  • Rebel Pilot, Texas Doctor (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #1)
  • Swipe Right for a Cowboy (Riverrun Ranch, #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Paths to Love, #3)
  • The Tycoon’s Pregnant Lover (European Tycoon #1)
  • Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • The Pretending Plot (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • Hot Mess (Hot Aussie Knights, #1)
  • Kickoff: The Originals (Seattle Steelheads Football #1)
  • Rogue Prince (The Rourkes, Book 7)
  • Friend Zone (Friend Zone #1)
  • Breathless With Her (Less Than, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Miracle on Chance Avenue, #3)
  • Working For It (Cook Brothers, #5)
  • Chasing Hannah (Billingsley, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat