Start by marking “Borrowed” as Want to Read:
Borrowed

Borrowed

4.87  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Love, mystery, and danger collide in this new literary thriller with the dark heart of a Gillian Flynn novel and the lyrical prose of Jandy Nelson’s I’ll Give You the Sun.

A triumph of authenticity, grace, and nail-biting suspense, Lucia DiStefano’s ingenious debut is an unflinching, genre-bending page-turner.

As seventeen-year-old Linnea celebrates the first anniversary o
Published November 1st 2018 by Elephant Rock Productions, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed

Katya Becerra
“There’s got to be more to our existence than what the brain can comprehend.”

Borrowed is a haunting exploration of mortality, toxic masculinity, violence, and bodily autonomy.

This breakout debut is a rare gem of a genre-bender. It starts off as a coming-of-age contemporary, and then it darkens, making a turn before seamlessly transforming into a frantic psychological thriller. The transformation leaves you breathless, and before you know it, you’re totally hooked. DiStefano’s mastery is in the u
S.M. Parker
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate to get an early read of this book and there is zero surprise it's already an award winner! The prose is stunning and the premise captivating. DiStefano is a brilliant new author to watch!!
Kristin Lenz
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I was fortunate to read an advance copy of this 2018 Sheehan YA Book Prize winner. My official blurb: Lyrical prose, full-bodied characters, and a riveting plot with shocking twists and turns that kept me guessing until the startling conclusion. I couldn’t put it down!

Personal notes: I was so impressed with Lucia's beautiful writing, and I raced through this story in two days - the concept of cellular memory was particularly fascinating. Beware that the final third of the story turns quite dark
Alice Reeds
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2018
Find my review also on my blog.

* Thank you to Elephant Rock Books for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest review *

Borrowed was nothing like what I expected it to be, and I mean that in the best way possible. This is a tale of grief, life, bodily autonomy, toxic masculinity, and survival told through the eyes of fascinating protagonists in a story filled with thrill and plot twists.

The story starts out innocent enough with a feeling of coming-of-age and a look into the lives of
Jenny
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the opening line this book pulls you in. The pace and plot tension accelerate so much that by the end I was speed-reading to see what happens. This would make an amazing movie.
A. J. Douglas
Full review to come!
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BORROWED is a STUNNER! An undeniable page turner that will keep you up all night. Di Stefano weaves a tale of longing and sorrow but also one of hope and understanding and love. Just when you think you know where the story is going, you're thrust into a gut wrenching drop you didn't see coming. By the end of the book your heart will not be the same.
Clarissa
Dylann Crush
Feb 24, 2018
Paige
Feb 26, 2018
A former high school English teacher, Lucia DiStefano currently works as an editor, ghostwriter, and writing coach. First-generation Sicilian-American and daughter of an olive farmer, she admits to having recurring pasta dreams. Hailing from central Connecticut, Lucia lives near Austin, Texas with her husband and an old bloodhound named Waffle.