Start by marking “Intern” as Want to Read:

Intern

You should never mix business with pleasure… right?

Whoops...

Meet my brand-new intern, who also happens to be the man I hired to be my escort for the night.

He’s drop-dead gorgeous, with bedroom eyes and a body made for sin. I want him, but do I want him bad enough to risk everything, my job included?

Will sparks continue to fly between us in and out of the office, or was it
Published (first published February 22nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Intern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intern

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Intern: A Steamy Office Romance is my very first book by Harlow Layne. Steamy is exactly right because this is a hot, older woman, younger man romance that is sure to heat up the coldest of winter nights.

intern harlow layne

It’s been nearly two years since Sadie Frost has been with a man. Her divorce is now final and to celebrate, she has hired an escort for the night. But when the man shows up at her hotel room door, he’s hot, he’s sexy, and she knows him! He’s an intern at her company.

Tyson (Ty) Jacobs has both s

Superior heroine.
Male hero escort.
Forbidden goodness.
ALL the feels!

Intern is by far my most favorite read by Ms. Layne! She has absolutely killed it with this reverse age gap, office, escort romance!

*****

Who knew that when Vice President Sadie hires a male escort, it would be one of an intern at the very same company she works for, Tyson?

Is Sadie willing to risk her job by being involved with Tyson?

*****

Genre: Steamy Office Romance

File Size: 2439 KB
Print Length: 206 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1950044017
Publisher: A Girl and Her Dog Press, LLC (February 22, 2019)
Publication Date: February 22, 2019
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Language: English
ASIN: B07KVN98BW
Reviewed by Angel With Attitude Book Reviews
arc copy provided for honest review
4 stars from us

You
Catherine Cowles
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Work place romance. Older woman, younger man. Hello, STEAMINESS!

Let me tell you, Harlow Layne brings the fire with her latest book. There is all sorts of forbidden sexiness up in the book, with some hilarity mixed in. Plus this hero is just so dang sweet you can’t help but root for him!

The perfect book to heat up your winter nights!
Q.B. Tyler
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An age gap, office romance... COUNT. ME. IN. Sadie and Tyson are sexy and cute and swoon-worthy all rolled in one. Sadie is recovering from a failed marriage and a bit of heartbreak after her husband betrays her when she meets Tyson-- her intern who makes her feel young and sexy and alive. He dotes on her and quite frankly worships the ground she walks on... and maybe the space between her legs too ha. This novella was equal parts steamy and sweet and I devoured it in one sitting! They had great ...more
I’m All Booked Up Reviews
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ms. Layne has done it again. I absolutely love her storytelling and she definitely shook things up when writing her latest novel, Intern. She is able to pull you in through her words, leaving you in the story with visualization, and keeping you intrigued through her character development and plot.

We meet Sadie, a thirty-nine year old Vice President of a high profile company, and Tyson, a twenty-four year old intern at the same company. However, the reader quickly finds out that Tyson has a seco
Magali
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
First encounter but second chance in life
It's a good romance, a bit hot, between an older woman (39 years old), divorced from a gay man who has never been put her in value, and a young man of 25, intern in her company who is recovering from cancer. I loved their surprising meeting when she wants to celebrate her divorce : Sadie is paying an escort to sleep with her and she discovers that he is Tyson, an intern of her company. From there, their relationship begins, develops, each having to face t
Mary
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! Who knows what life is going to hand you. Turn a corner and, wham, you’re blindsided. Plus add in a fling with the boss is asking for trouble. You know you have to make a decision as to whether to give in to society’s norms or do what you believe is right. Steamy, sexy, and oh so sweet couple that you cannot help but root for right up until the end.

Kirstie Ibrahim
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable fast moving story between at 39yr old woman VP and a 24yr old guy who is an intern at her company. Tyson has always had the hots for Sadie but knew she was out of reach as the Vice President at work...that was until an unlikely situation puts them together where sparks fly. Will their union last or will it just be pure sizzling sex???? It was refreshing to have an older woman storyline that was also written well.
Rose Croft
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy hot office romance? Beautiful successful woman? Hot younger man? Yes, please. Sign me up. If you want a steamy read with all the feels, you must read this one. I loved the chemistry between Ty and Sadie and I was left with a smile on my face. And did I mention Ty was HAWT? Read this book!!!!
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy eyebrow scorching HAWT! The steam rolled off the pages of this one. Even though the characters spent a good share of the time in bed, there was still a decent plot. A little odd that she was his boss but overall a very enjoyable story. I look forward to more from this author.
Janice
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and steamy reverse age gape inner office romance. Harlow Layne has the market cornered on visual and intriguing storytelling! I devoured this book in one sitting! The only thing I can say that I'm sad about is that we don't have any more Tyson... he needs more story time! Another book dedicated to just how swoony Tyson is....I think it's a great idea! I definitely recommend this fast paced read, you're gonna love it!
Deekay
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but enjoyable. Totally loved this steamy office romance. Can I just say that this book is way too hot and also it can be emotional too!!! I don’t know how Harlow did it but she really knew how to write a hot romance and mixing a bit of emotional element into the story. It was an excellent story overall.

Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton

Intern is Harlow Layne's new release about a steamy office romance, between an older woman and a younger man!

I usually don't read older woman- younger man romances, I like my men older ;) But I'm a new fan of Harlow's writing so I took a chance on Intern and I'm so glad that I did!

First of all, Harlow Layne, you are the bomb.com at writing sex scenes! This book was hot! 🔥🔥🔥

Intern is written from dual POV, which is always a bonus with me!

Sadie, recently divorced after catching her husband in bed.
Caroline F
Yowzers! This story was hot and sexy and sweet!

Sadie is Frost by name and frost by nature - or, at least, she's that way in the office. When she celebrates her divorce by hiring an escort for sex, the last person she expects to knock at her door is the gorgeous but clumsy young intern from her office. However, he's far from clumsy in the bedroom. In fact, he's downright addictive!

"I saw in his eyes that this wasn't a fling to him. He didn't only want sex and that scared me."

Tyson Jacobs can't be
Ceej Chargualaf
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intern is definitely very steamy and filled with a ton of passion, but what surprised me was the depth of feeling. Now don’t get me wrong, the passion and sexy times are hot in this book, but the emotion I felt from Sadie and Tyson was just as strong.

My heart had hurt for Sadie. A woman in her position relationship-wise in the beginning could have crumbled or become embittered. She impressed me with the actions she took. Talk about getting back on the horse! It actually showed me how she earned
Nancy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tyson is an intern and working at the same company as Sadie, meanwhile Sadie’s position there is his boss. Imagine the look on their faces when they met for sex. The shock level was higher than anyone can ever imagine. It was awkward at first, but one night wasn’t enough for either of them. So, it was up for them whether they want to continue doing it or not even if it means putting their job at risk. Even though things happened so fast between them, and that their attraction toward one another ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where is the five BILLION stars because that is what this book deserves! Harlow has brought her A game again and she has brought us this story of a woman who has gone through a rough divorce and is looking for one night of fun to give her a boost. Only when she comes to the door to meet her escort she comes face to face with her intern from her job. At first she is shocked but then she goes with the flow and spends one PHENOMENAL night with Tyson.

But Tyson wants more and so does Sadie but she ha
Katie
By Harlow Layne
4 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Intern was definitely one steamy office romance story! This is the first book that I have read by this author and I would absolutely love to read more from her again in the future. I really felt a connection with Sadie, she might have been the ‘ice queen’ at work but I don’t think that was how she was really and it showed with her interactions with Tyson. I really love Tyson, he was such a lovely person and there was
Kinky Minx
Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

4.7 hot stars

I must say this is one unexpected hot read! I love this plot a lot, once I've started I can't put this down at all. All those sex scenes are such excitement for readers. This is the first time I read from Harlow Layne. She definitely achieved what a reader like me will want.

The plot is very simple and ve
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Whew! Harlow Layne cranked up the heat with Intern! This book is as hot as it is sweet. Full of sizzling chemistry and romance that will fill you with butterflies. I loved the balance of heat, sweet, and real emotion that Harlow did so perfectly in Tyson and Sadie’s story. It made it so easy to fall in love with both of them right from the start.
I haven’t read many books with an age gap where the woman was so much older, but I have to say I really enjoyed this one. Sadie is as sweet as she is sm
Nora Flood-Houston
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tyson and Sadie make the sparks fly off the pages!!! After Sadie gets divorced from her cheating husband she decides to hire an escort because it’s been two long years since she’s experienced any intimacy. Much to her surprise when she opens her door to greet her escort the escort is none other than Tyson, one of her new interns at work. There is definitely something between them even though he’s twenty five and she’s thirty eight. This book is great! Their chemistry is explosive at work and at ...more
Agata Jędrzejewska
Oh my.. this book is so hot from the very first pages. Sadie lost all hope for being loved, though she is not woman enough, not beautiful, not worth, being seen as cold at her work place. Also feeling out of place because of age difference. Tyson felt for her from the very first minute, however even he is not so sure of himself, afraid not being accepted, not being enough. But he is sooo sweet and cute and protective. All this set into company typical set up. Jealousy, rat race, crazy parents, s ...more
Maria
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, bookbub
Clumsy interns can be hot!

If that's how the relationship with younger man would look like count me in! This story left me smiling from ear to ear. I love sweet, romantic, sexy hot reads without much angst. There is some more to the story than just acting out on instant physical connection between the main characters. There are several issues they need to solve to try and be together but it's worth all the struggle. This is very well though through plot and delivered to us with fantastic writing.
Becca
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A May/December romance that hot and steamy to the core.

Sadie is newly divorced and after the advice of a friend decides to hire an escort to help scratch the itch she's been having and help her get back into the dating scene. What she never expected was to have Tyson, one of the interns at the company she works for show up as her date for the night.

The two have an instant attraction but it can't go past this one steamy night....can it?

This book is definitely full of steam and it's nice to see an
Amanda Lee
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An age gap office romance? Yes please! I loved the premise of this; older woman hires an escort who happened to be an intern in her office. It was a light, fun story with a whole lot of steam.

I would have liked to get a little more meat to the story, especially considering both of their pasts. There is great chemistry between Sadie and Tyson.

It’s a short read with a fast pace. This is my first book by this author and I’ll definitely be checking out more. If you want a good quick steamy romance
Gwen Shafer
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. I enjoyed reading it. Sadie is quite the girl. She works hard at her job and loves her job. She was recently divorced but the divorce ended in a strange way. She sets up an escort type date and is surprised by who shows up. Tyson is trying to pay off his medical bills by working as an escort. The one date that he goes to ends up being his boss and someone that he really likes. I absolutely love these two together. This was a great book with very interesting characters who h ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harlow Layne brings to fire with Intern, as it's a short, with a big side of spicy to keep you warm this winter. You can't go wrong with older sexy woman, and young hottie man who set the sheets on fire in an office workplace romance. Add in some forbidden to the mix, not to mention hilarious interactions, yeah, it's a quick read for an afternoon romp, or a lovely ending to a hard day. So crack open the wine, and kick back with the sweet, but oh so sexy Intern! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Kelsey Cheyenne
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An age gap story with a twist! I was hooked from the moment I heard the concept. Ty and Sadie are HOT and their chemistry burns off the page. I loved the twist of the story, with Sadie being the older of the two AND the boss! Still, I couldn’t help but root for them from the first page. Harlow creates a world that sucks you in. Short and sweet, you’ll never want this story to end. I definitely recommend this book!
AnneKR
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After her divorce, Sadie decides to hire an escort to hopefully take care of needs that were never taken care of by her ex-husband. She is taken by surprise when she opens her hotel door to see her young intern, Tyson, standing on the other side.

Tyson can’t believe his new client is his hot boss, Sadie. He’s fantasized about her the first day he started as her intern, not caring about the age difference. What happens when professional & personal lines blur together? Is Sadie willing to risk
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • My Best Friend's Sister
  • On His Terms (The Arrangement Duet Book 1)
  • Wicked Jake Darcy
  • Sweet Dreams (Beach Squad, #1)
  • Stumbling Into Him (Stumbling Through Life, #1)
  • Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9)
  • The Catalogue
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Needing the Memories (The Rocker)
  • Build (Burns Brothers, #1)
  • Force of Nature
  • The Quinn Legacy (Chesapeake Bay Saga #3 & 4)
Indie Author. Romance Writer. Reader. Mom. Wife. Dog Lover.  Addicted to all things Happily Ever After and Amazon.

I love to read. I can't fall asleep without my kindle in my hand. I started off writing fanfiction and after several years and stories, I decided to try writing my own book that had been swirling in my head for years.

Website: https://www.harlowlayne.com