Start by marking “Before Her Eyes” as Want to Read:
Before Her Eyes

Before Her Eyes

She can't see the killer
But the killer can see her...

Published August 16th 2018 by Atlantic Books

Start your review of Before Her Eyes
Miriam Smith
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readers-first
Jack Jordan isn't a new author to me as I read and enjoyed "My Girl" a few months back and found him to be an excellent and imaginative writer.
"Before Her Eyes" is Jack's latest offering and a very good thriller it is too. Being many an online book club sensation this author has a huge following and I was thrilled to be able to read this book and see for myself what all the excitement was about.
I've read a thriller before that has a blind main protagonist and was totally astounded as to how
sue
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had been eager to get my hands on this book as soon as I saw it all over social media.
Then I received an email asking if I’d like to take part in the blog tour to advertise this latest book by Jack Jordan.
Let’s just say, they didn’t have to ask me twice.

Naomi who is blind really got under my skin, in a nice way.
She had her problems and a disability; she was blind. She had a lovely loyal guide dog too.
But certain things in her life brought her down and at the beginning of the book she feels
Amanda
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I love a good murder plot that you can sink you’re teeth into and from the first chapter I was hooked and could have read this in one sitting.

Naomi has given up on life and has been planning her suicide, until she finds herself at a murder scene facing the murderer, but unable to see him as she is blind. Is she safe or is the murderer playing cat and mouse with her. After staring death in the face she realises she does want to live after all!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was creepy and
Amy
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

Do you ever have a certain, specific expectation about a book and then once you start reading it you kind of have to adjust your mindset? I had that experience here, but instead of being frustrated by having to shift my assumptions I was totally excited that there was much more to this one than just your standard mystery/thriller.

This is told from both Naomi’s POV and also Marcus who is a detective and that’s where this crossed genres a bit. While it most assuredly is a mystery at it’s core
Lou
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Before Her Eyes' is global number one bestselling author Jack Jordan's fourth standalone thriller, and is one of the few books in this genre to represent the disabled, as well as using the disability or medical condition, in this case blindness, to add to the plot tension.

Naomi Hannah has been blind since birth and still lives in Balkerne Heights - the town in which she grew up. A recent divorcee, she now lives with just her guide dog Max for company but has managed to stay reasonably
Liz Barnsley
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before Her Eyes is a pacy and unpredictable psychological thriller, a real page turner which I read in one sitting.
Naomi is blind and having a difficult time. When bodies start piling up around her she has to fight not only her own demons but suspicion from the police and the community.
There are plenty of twists and turns and a highly engaging and sympathetic character in Naomi, giving the reader a different viewpoint and is beautifully written all the way.
Jack Jordan does small town angst very
Dannii Elle
Not only do I find this colourful cover mightily appealing but the synopsis sounded unique and innovative, something neigh on impossible in the over-populated modern-thriller market!

Naomi feels ostracised by her community, stagnant in her dead-end job, and can not stop the memories of her ex-husband, Dane, from consistently re-surfacing at any given moment. Naomi is also blind. She can only think of one foreseeable release from this endless cycle of pain and hopelessness and makes her way to the
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
3.5 out of 5 stars!

T/W- Suicide, Assault, Hate Crime

I read this one in a single sitting on a long train journey last week, but I've needed some time to fully digest my thoughts before writing my review. The main character Naomi has been blind since she was born and has stayed in the same town all her life. She is depressed and thinking about taking her own life. But instead, she finds herself at the centre of a brutal murder and finds herself targeted by the murderer, even though she has no idea
Mandy White
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pigeonhole-books
I read Before Her Eyes on PigeonHole Books, which sometimes is frustrating as you want to keep reading! This book was one of those. It was an original story of a blind woman who is witness to a killer. It was a fast paced and very easy to read story, with a surprise ending.
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I have to admit to being a bit in awe of Naomi. Even though she is in a very dark place when we first meet her, the fact she manages on her own with the help of her guide dog, I really found her independence inspiring. Her blindness though is her savior as it stops her from being able to identify the killer.

Marcus is a detective working on the case under his boss Lisa. Lisa I took an instant dislike to straight away. It's her way or no way. The way she tries to belittle Marcus wound me up as
Barbara
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was very exasperated throughout this book. It started off well with a blind lady as the main character which makes a change but then it descended into farce. We are meant to believe that Naomi, blind from birth, is a waitress in a café. Apparently she has memorised the layout of the café so can manoeuvre her way round. I don't think so, what happens if a chair is left out or child runs in her way? She has a guide dog who suddenly drags her down an alley. Again this would be most unlikely and, ...more
The Book Review Café
“Oh, what a tangled web Jack Jordan weaves when first he practice to deceive” and boy does he deceive in the best possible way, what a gripping and compelling read Before Her Eyes turned out to be, this book rattles along like a express train, giving the reader no time to breathe. Full of misdirection and unreliable characters I can honestly say “this is definitely the authors best book yet”. Perhaps a **word of warning** from the wise (cough!) clear your schedule, lock the doors, it’s one of ...more
Eva
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well hello, Jack Jordan! So, we finally meet. So to speak. I’ve heard a lot about you (all good, I promise) and I figured it was about time I introduced myself to your books. But I had no idea that that cutsie smile you so often display hides such an incredibly devilish brain!

Naomi Hannah has been blind since birth. One day, while walking down a dark and icky alley, she stumbles upon the body of a young woman who has been brutally murdered. Naomi can sense she’s not alone and while she may not
Rachel Hall
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Suspend disbelief, overlook the many inconsistencies and a gratuitously sensationalist style of writing and Before Her Eyes is a surprisingly entertaining and, at times, amusing read, but beware for nothing about Jack Jordan’s fourth stand-alone crime thriller is subtle in the least! Ridiculously gory with a plot that becomes progressively more unrealistic and full of over the top assaults on blind protagonist, Naomi Hannah, the excellent premise suffers from some remarkably average execution. ...more
Liz
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn and double-damn, but Jack Jordan has delivered again! I have read multiple titles by Jack and they all received praise from me. I have to say, with Before Her Eyes, Jack opened a new bag of goodies and delivered stifling darkness in abundance.

Incredibly claustrophobic and suffocating, Before Her Eyes gets down and dirty from the off-set with the most hair-rising prologue. The story then moves the reader up close and personal with what it feels like to not be able to use one of your senses
Ingstje
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 well-deserved stars

Before Her Eyes is vastly different from A Woman Scorned and alhough I really live for psychological thrillers that deliver twist upon twist, Before Her Eyes is more of a police procedural and made its own impact on me with a brilliant plot. Jordan makes the story that much more menacing by including a blind woman into the story and the tension ramps up when she crosses paths with a serial killer the moment she stumbles quite literally on the scene of a murder. This is
Georgie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, favorites
WOW!! Amazing from start to finish with a great twist at the end. Do feel sad for Marcus though; I was rooting for him and Naomi.
Dani
Aug 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I found this book really uncomfortable to read with what I thought was gratuitous use of her visual impairment in order to repeatedly assault a vulnerable woman and take advantage of her with little or no support.
Mark
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Naomi was born blind....she has had a ‘normalish’ life even so and had relationships ( ex hubby Dane) and a job in a cafe for over 20 years, shes doing ok....then someone knocks on her door but doesn’t speak...amongst other things she then ‘witnesses’ a murder where the killer puts her hands in the victims wounds!!......her life is no more ‘normalish’
Enter Marcus and Lisa, 2 detectives on the case, 1 is lovely and determined to get to the truth, the other possibly the vilest Detective I have ‘
Marjorie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
You don't have to suspend disbelief to read this book, you have to completely forget everything you know about how the world works and how people generally behave - not just one person but every single one. The premise is a good one to be honest - murders are being committed in a sleepy town and the murderer appears to be taunting the one witness that cannot identify them; Naomi Hannah who just so happens to be blind.

Unfortunately the good stops at the basic idea and the story rapidly devolves
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, loved-it
I have read two of this authors previous books so I was delighted to hear he had a new book coming out. I wasn’t disappointed as this was a brilliant read. From start to finish I was totally gripped.

Naomi is a strong character who who has been blind since birth. What she is going through at the hands of a killer is terrifying but even more so as she can’t see. I couldn’t help but admire her.

Marcus is the detective on the case. I really liked him. I didn’t like his boss Lisa.

This is an
Amanda Sayer
Naomi has been blind since birth and is very unhappy with her life. She is divorced and lonely. She thinks about ending her life but never seems to have the courage to actually go through with it.
One day she stumbles across a body in the middle of an alleyway and the murderer blocks her path and taunts her with it. From this point on Naomi is in terrible danger, who can she trust and why did the murderer let her live?

I really enjoyed this story, quickly turning the pages to see what happened
Susan Angela Wallace
Before her eyes by jack Jordan.

She can't see the killer
But the killer can see her...

Naomi Hannah has been blind since birth. Struggling with living in the small, claustrophobic town of Balkerne Heights, Naomi contemplates ending her life. But before she can, Naomi stumbles across the body of a young woman who has been brutally murdered. She senses someone else there at the scene - watching her. Naomi may not be able to see the killer's face, but she is still the only person who can identify
Annette
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read by this author but I have seen lots of rave reviews and members of TBC bang on about how brilliant he is. I certainly wasn't let down, I loved it from the first page, read it in two sittings and was blown away by the surprising end. If you don't mind a lot of blood and gore but love a great crime thriller/ police procedural then this book is definitely for you.
Rubina
Want to know my reaction when I completed this book?
My heart was pounding against my chest. My stomach was churning. My hands were shaking. My eyes couldn’t travel fast enough across the words. And when they did and read the last line of the book, I was laughing and crying like a mad woman, slapping my forehead, cursing and not believing that this book could be that amazing.
I don’t understand how the author, Jack Jordan, can write such a story with so much conviction. The book felt so real that
Mandy
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before Her Eyes tells the tale of Naomi Hannah, who stumbles into a murder scene whilst the murderer is still present. Blind from birth, Naomi has no idea of the murderer's identity, only that he knows what she looks like and where she lives. Balkerne Heights is a small claustrophobic town that has never really recovered from a 20yr old cold case. DI Marcus Cambell, new to the town and battling to find his place amongst the local police force, is determined to solve the murders, clear the cold ...more
Nic
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 enjoyable stars

This was an easy to read police procedural book. It had a few twists and turns but it lacked a little something special to make it an unputdownable page turner.

It’s weird because I have read only one other book by the author and my review for that is similar to this - like a book of two half’s.

The first half is a tad slow and ploddy but then the second half could have been written by someone else - a faster pace and improved narrative.

Ok.
Danielle
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book kept me guessing all way and just when you thought it was all figured out it takes another twist at the end.
Janel
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before Her Eyes is an impressive novel from Jack Jordan, if I were to sum it up in one sentence – attention grabbing prologue, great story, brilliant ending!

This novel is a gripping one, and that’s due to the tension, it doesn’t come and go in waves, but remains throughout the entire novel, and has you really nervous for the welfare of Naomi, who, might I add, is a fantastic character. Jordan did a brilliant job with her character creation, as well as using her blindness to add to the danger of
Susan Hampson
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first time I met Naomi she was on the verge of ending her life and if it hadn’t been for a faithful friend she would have done just that. Still quite distressed she heads for home but literally stumbles over a dead body. Naomi has been blind from birth but senses that someone is there with her. It makes Naomi realise that she doesn’t want to be another victim, she wants to live.
Naomi doesn’t have to see to know that the detective in charge of the case, has no time for her. D.I. Lisa Elliott
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Twisted
  • Do Not Disturb
  • The Pact
  • Heimweh
  • Sorrowful Road (Allan Stanton, #3)
  • Your Deepest Fear (DS Nathan Cody #4)
  • The Promise (DS Imogen Grey #4)
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Good Samaritans
  • The Darkness Around Her (Dan Grant Trilogy, #2)
  • The Party

Author of Anything for Her, My Girl, A Woman Scorned, and Before Her Eyes. Night by Night is published 2nd May 2019.
“Marcus thought of Dane and Naomi together beneath the showerhead, their lips locked and their naked, scarred bodies lathered in soap suds” 0 likes
“She would never be able to look Dane in the eye again.” 0 likes