Start by marking “The Gemstone Detective: Buying Gemstones and Jewellery in Sri Lanka” as Want to Read:
The Gemstone Detective: Buying Gemstones and Jewellery in Sri Lanka

The Gemstone Detective: Buying Gemstones and Jewellery in Sri Lanka

This travel guide is for anyone considering a trip to the beautiful country of Sri Lanka in search of a special memory to treasure forever. Written by Kim Rix, a gemmologist (GIA) and professional photographer who has travelled to more than 50 countries, this unique book unveils how you can become a `Gemstone Detective' on your next adventure. If you are considering purcha ...more
Published October 4th 2018 by Filament Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Gemstone Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gemstone Detective

Start your review of The Gemstone Detective: Buying Gemstones and Jewellery in Sri Lanka
Annie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.
The Gemstone Detective is the nom de plume of Kim Rix, and this installment of Buying Gemstones and Jewellery is aimed at tourists who are traveling to Sri Lanka. This colorful and informative 100 page book was released 4th October 2018 by Filament publishing and is available in paperback and ebook formats.

For a relatively short book, it covers the basics of sourcing and buying gemstones and jewelry in Sri Lanka. The author describes the method
Vanessa
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-x
I found Buying Gemstones & Jewellery In Sri Lanka The Gemstone Detective Series by Kim Rixa little gem of a book. Especially as I was lucky enough to go there for my Honeymoon 25 years ago. It is a beautiful country to visit.

This little Book brought back lots of lovely special memories for me especially as we purchased a beautiful Sapphire from Sri Lanka and had a ring made there and I still wear it today.
This book is crammed with so much information on what to look for. Where to go, Do's and D
Lauriane Pinsault
Nice little book, easy to transport and full of information for gemmology tourism!
Zara
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book packed full of information provided about finding gemstones and jewellery in Sri Lanka.

The book provides so much advice, including how to get the best deal, the best places to visit and the ethics of buying gemstones.

The book is beautifully set-out in full colour with amazing photographs, and is a perfect size for popping into your bag to go travelling. I cannot wait to see which countries are included in the rest of the series!
Faiz Ytg Mahdi
Mar 05, 2020
Cassio Lacerda
is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2019

Welcome to my Goodreads page. I am looking for reviewers - if you love jewellery and travel, please get in touch.

From childhood, Kim always liked jewellery. At six years old when meeting HRH Princess Alexandra, Kim asked 'where's your crown?'.

In 2012, Kim bought a 'natural' Burmese ruby on holiday in Egypt. Later, Kim discovered it was glass.

That holiday buying experience motivated Kim to study ge

News & Interviews