Start by marking “What a Girl Wants” as Want to Read:
What a Girl Wants

What a Girl Wants

Gillian Bennett has always dreamed of opening a luxury hat shop, and when she finds the opportunity of a lifetime in the shape of a rent-free shop she thinks her dreams have come true.

Her parents are less than thrilled and she has two years to prove to them that this isn't just a pipe dream, or she'll be shipped back home and into an office job.

But she wasn't counting on a
ebook
Published September 18th 2018 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about What a Girl Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Girl Wants

Start your review of What a Girl Wants
Alison
DNF after just a few pages (but I did jump around a bit to see if it got better).

I found the writing style really stilted, as if it had either been written by someone who wasn't a native English speaker or had been translated from another language. The first person POV didn't help. Or maybe the author was trying to make themselves sound better by using long words?

It felt like the main character was talking to the reader but not in a natural way. Long and short of it, I couldn't get into the
Grass monster
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Blurb :
But she wasn't counting on a distraction in the form of sexy but enigmatic Jared, a completely unreadable man that she soon finds herself
Katherine Hayward Pérez
Gillian Bennett's dream is to open a shop selling the hats she makes herself. However, her parents have other ideas about the course they wish their daughter's life to take. The challenge is on and they give her 2 years in which to make her dream come true or face the alternative, a desk job back home.

First, she has to find a shop and when she comes across one rent-free, she can't believe it. She has her work cut out when she has to renovate the place and also when she meets Jared a guy in her
Michelle
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. The characters were well written and likeable, the story was sweet (and predictable but enjoyable nonetheless). Because the book was translated, the words the translator used threw me off a bit, especially as some parts definitely seemed like they were translated by google. Otherwise, a nice comfortable read. 4.75/5
Trully Sunee
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gillian Bennett isn't sure what the future holds but she wants to live her dreams. She hopes her parents will jump on board. She knows her sister, Lillian will.

Jared Dalloway is an interesting enigma full of frustration and moodiness and Gillian can't stop thinking of ways to cheer him up. When she finds out why he is suffering so much and so uneasy most days this will break her happy goal of helping him get his happiness back.

Jared doesn't know how he ended up facing such a conflicting trial as
Shannon
Aug 22, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNFed around 20 pages in. I did not like the writing style at all and I didn't like any of the characters even though I was only 20 pages into the book
Sharley
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book but I think that'll be my shameful secret. I enjoyed it because it was simple and sweet almost naive, much like the main character. All very stereotypical characters and obvious plot lines but a real good chicklit book to be enjoyed over the summer.... my beach read!
Up All Night With Books
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

What a Girl Wants by Angie Coleman is about a girl who has her own hat store, where she designs and sells her hats.

Gillian has had some luck and things are in motion for her dream to begin. With her parents giving her a time limit to make things happen and a certain gentleman that has peeked her interest, can things go the way she wants?

I enjoyed reading this story. It moved/flowed nicely along. Not to much "heavy" stuff
Lisa White
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
See my review under Up All Night With Books Blog
Lynne
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have to agree with reviews that say that some of the issues with this book are likely because it's a translation - it did feel a little naive, but that could be because I'm not reading it in its original language.

The story goes a little like this:

Gillian wants to own her own hat shop.
She meets a few eccentric individuals who are only too happy to help her out with that dream.
She finds a place that will allow her to use a storefront for free.
There she meets Jared.
They have a connection. But he
Jessica
Jul 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I wasn’t really a fan of this one from the start. I thought it was a cute description and concept. Once I started it- not so much. It felt boring from the beginning. Kind of basic writing and plot. Nothing overly complicated or surprising. I finished it, but really only after forcing myself to.
Justine Valdes
Maaike Van  Hemert
Dec 01, 2019
B.
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn’t buy anything in this book. I didn’t buy that a woman was going to open a store to sell the hats she designs in some small town in upstate New York and thinks she can make a living at it. I didn’t buy that she’d meet two strangers who basically give her a space for her store for free. I didn’t buy that she’d meet this grumpy, uncommunicative guy and hound him everyday until they both fall in love with each other without knowing much of anything about the other. And I didn’t buy the big ...more
Sandra
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
What a Girl Wants by Angie Coleman is an easy and enjoyable read.

When Gil decides she wants to open a hat shop she goes for it and things just seem to fall into her lap. From a perfect shop, to helpful and friendly neighbors to a perfect guy.
Although at the beginning guy was anything but perfect. Surly, grumpy and downright mean she manages to turn him around and magic happens.

While its entertaining to read there is nothing special about this book to distinguish it from others, I found it hard
Karen Whittard
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
If you can suspend all disbelief then this book is for you. Don’t get me wrong I loved the idea of this book and I enjoyed the way the book was written. But there was just quite a lot of points in the book. That just wouldn’t have happened Nd for me that made it hard to really enjoy the book. Not a bad attempt thou I just think something’s should have been thought about a little more.
Meg Dean
Apr 28, 2019
Lynsay Samson
May 01, 2019

• Un matrimonio di convenienza
  • Un giorno perfetto per innamorarsi
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  • Finding You
  • Beautiful Potential
  • Seeking Clarity
  • Don't Marry Thomas Clark
  • Clean Sweep (San Francisco Dragons, #1)
  • Falling for Flynn (Hockey on Tap, #1)
  • Special Delivery
  • Boss
  • Indebted Epilogue (Indebted, #6.5)
  • Fourth Debt (Indebted, #5)
  • Final Debt (Indebted, #6)
  • Second Debt (Indebted, #3)
  • First Debt (Indebted, #2)
  • Third Debt (Indebted, #4)
  • Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1)