Jump to ratings and reviews

Wandering in Wonderland

“Lewis Carroll didn’t get it right?”
“No, my dear. I don’t think anyone truly will.”

Far away and down a rabbit hole sits the magical world known as Wonderland. A safe haven for the souls who lived less than ideal lives in the waking world get to experience peace in their afterlife. Jessica is the newest member of this enchanted land, but after eating a cookie that took away her memories of who she was, she doubts herself at every turn.

Jessica participates in The Looking Glass Ceremony to find her new role in the afterlife, but fate has different plans. As the Queen of Hearts takes Jessica under her royal wing, plots of regicide bubble up from the depths of Wonderland. With the help of new and eccentric friends, Jessica might be able to stop the treasonous threats and bring true peace to Wonderland. But only if she heeds the cryptic words of the Caterpillar.

Familiar faces take on new roles in this fantasy retelling with a dark and romantic LGBT twist This isn’t the Wonderland you’ve experienced before, and you definitely don’t want to be late for it.

First published June 4, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Aislinn Honeycutt

3 books23 followers
About the Author

Aislinn Honeycutt was born and raised in Northern California. Throughout their early teens to young adulthood, Aislinn could often be found writing and creating characters. During college, they found themself more attracted to theater arts than any other study and was proud to be apart of several plays and film projects produced by their peers. Their love for writing came from creating deeper backgrounds for characters they played on the stage and from the constant encouragements from strangers on the Internet.
In 2015 they discovered their love for working with exotic animals in zoos and went back to school to earn certificates towards Zoo and Aquarium Sciences through the Animal Behavior Institute and they have begun studying to be a Veterinary Assistant with full certification. When not writing or working, Aislinn can often be found playing video games and making digital art.
Aislinn's pronouns are THEY/THEM/THEIRS and they are proud to be part of the LGBTQIA+ community.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (12%)
1 star
3 (6%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 34 reviews
Profile Image for Candace Robinson.
Author 45 books972 followers
January 5, 2019
Over the years, Wonderland is a place where children and adults alike have held a special place in their hearts. Me being one of them! I started out as a wee child loving Alice in Wonderland, and to this day, still do!

I’ve read some great retellings of it and some so-so ones, but I’ll have to say that this one was super unique! Right from the prologue I was sucked in with the author’s magical words. The whole story felt very whimsical and the descriptions were lush and full of life! The MC is not Alice but perhaps you’ll get to encounter her as you read. And be prepared to meet lovely side characters as well. Yes, there are twists. Yes, there is a cliffhanger. And yes, I want to read book 2!
Profile Image for Ashley.
482 reviews13 followers
March 29, 2019
I received this book from Parliament House in return for an honest review. I was excited for this book since it seemed like a really interesting Alice in Wonderland retelling. Unfortunately it was a miss for me. The plot was interesting and the world was entertaining, but there wasn't enough content. I feel like the story could've been expanded on and longer. There were a lot of unnecessary time jumps and a lot of things happened in these time jumps, but you are just told what happened instead of experiencing it. I enjoyed the story, but at the same time I wasn't a big fan. I give this book 2 out of 5 stars.
Profile Image for BookDragons NotWorms.
203 reviews5 followers
June 22, 2019
Love this twisted continuation of a classic fairy tale. It's not really a retell because it flows so naturally as a possible part two. Very well written! Loved it!!
Profile Image for Chantal Gadoury.
Author 12 books388 followers
July 11, 2019
So my review has been a long time coming.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading "Wandering in Wonderland" when it first came to Parliament in the early stages. And I loved the novel even more after all the hard work Aislinn and their editor put into it! It's certainly a novel unlike anything I've read before, and I can't wait to get the sequel INTO. MY. HANDS.

I had such a soft spot for so many characters in "Wandering in Wonderland." I loved the twists, the turns. The writing was whimsical - with fantastic world building, memorable characters, and just beautiful prose. Aislinn is an author that I will always keep on my radar for new and thrilling novels.
April 16, 2019
3.5⭐️
thank you to Parliament House for sending me this one in return for an honest review!

Where to start.... well this is definitely not like the stories of Wonderland that I’m used to! There were twists and turns and surprises around every corner(I mean it still is Wonderland right!?) This story kept me on my toes throughout, and the ending was a nice surprise!

“Lewis Carroll didn’t get it right?”
“No, my dear.” Alice laughed. “I don’t think anyone truly will. Just like how no one will ever know what Heaven or Hell truly look like. I like the idea, though. It adds to the wonder, the mystery of the place.”

I liked Jessica’s character overall and every encounter and interaction she faced while in Wonderland. Her adventures were definitely up to par with what one expects from a place like Wonderland!

Honeycutt definitely added some LGBT vibes but ones didn’t feel forced. (Though maybe the whole “relationship” with Harris and Trilby and all that triangle I could have done without..🤷🏽‍♀️that’s just me and my opinion tho)

This book definitely shows you that nothing is quite what it seems and I liked it just for that reason alone! Overall it was a fun read!
Profile Image for Amanda.
157 reviews36 followers
March 29, 2019
A GIANT thank you and gratitude to The Parliament House publishing and the author for giving me this opportunity to read this book. I did a cover reveal and I knew right off the bat that I was going to love this book. I was right.

We follow Jessica whom eats a bit of cookie and winds up forgetting her past life. Once she is told that she has died and is now in Wonderland, Jessica struggles with the acclimation of this unique land that is only read in a book. She’s escorted by a White Rabbit named Horace (Not a genuine rabbit, but in this story, White Rabbits is Wonderland’s term for queen’s guards). She comes across Rion, the Caterpillar (but disguised as a man at the time) and he gives her a journal that belonged to a Hatter named Rorie (quite a few R names here.)

Anyway, she is taken to the Queen of Hearts, whom happens to be Alice. As a new comer to Wonderland, the new comers are to look through the Looking Glass to show where they are meant to be in Wonderland. You could be a Crafter or a part of the court, the Looking Glass shows you who you are. When Jessica looks through the glass, she is struck as are the other members of the palace that she is shown to be a Spade.

Spades declared ware on the palace before Alice took the throne. Wonderland is a magical place, but it can choose who it likes and doesn’t like, and who gets to leave and stay.

I don’t want to give away too much, so I’ll stop there for time being.

I’m going to be the first to say that Alice in Wonderland is not my favorite story. I don’t like the Disney cartoon (though I did as a child, what was I thinking?) I do love Tim Burton’s spin on it (IT’S NOT A REMAKE!) but the original story I just couldn’t get into it. The summary and the excerpt to this story was just too good to pass up. I had a feeling I would enjoy the story, I just didn’t realize how much I would.

I read this in days (would have been less if I didn’t have a full time job). It’s a unique spin on the story. This isn’t so much as a retelling as it is a what if or an addition to it if Alice became the queen of hearts. So don’t go into this story and think it’s a retelling, because it is not.

I adored the characters including Alice and Jessica. There are some dark moments, but me being a highly sensitive person, it wasn’t as triggering, but I will say there are some there. I loved the twists in the story and how Jessica really does come to terms with her new found role in Wonderland.

This is a first in a series. That’s my only complaint! Why must have the (im)patience for the next book and the wonder (lol) as to what is going to happen with Jessica? Can’t tell you the ending, Wonderland wants you to know it from beginning to end.
Profile Image for Annette.
2,417 reviews107 followers
March 18, 2020
Damn...I love Wonderland. I love countless different versions of that world and those characters. I have an entire case dedicated to the original story and all its retellings. I was therefore very excited to start this one because it sounded really interesting and good. But, as you might have guessed from my rating, it wasn't what I was expecting.

I can start with saying that it's not because of Wonderland itself. What we see of Wonderland is interesting. It's strange and different and I like it that Wonderland is a living creature with emotions and moods, who can either help or fight people depending on whether or not it likes or dislikes them. It's also not because of the plot. The plot is also interesting enough.

But, there is one big but. And that one big but actually makes that the entire story didn't work for me, that Wonderland didn't work for me and that the plot didn't work for me. It's like, the ingredients were all interesting enough, but somehow the mixing and execution of the recipe didn't work that well for me. And that's mostly because it feels like a brief introduction of the story instead of the final published book.

So many things are glossed over, only mentioned in passing, told and not really shown. I understand that it's a thing that is often done with fairytales, but it's also a pity. Because a lot of it is just briefly told it's really hard to be emotionally invested. I didn't really care about the characters, because I didn't feel like I knew them and they didn't really come to life. I didn't really feel like I was in Wonderland, because it never felt really vivid or there. And I couldn't really care about the plot, because so much was rushed and written down in a few lines where an entire chapter would have helped to craft a connection.

If the author ever decides to use this book as a draft and to write out all the scenes she's only mentioning and describing in a few lines, I will certainly give it another shot. Because the idea is good, the writing style is good, but it just feels like a long summary instead of a novel.
Profile Image for Nicole.
292 reviews5 followers
June 3, 2019
First off, I want to thank Parliament Press for giving me a eARC of this book to read in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a great take on Alice in Wonderland. I am a huge fan of this story, and was excited to see how the author, Aislinn Honeycutt, would leave their mark.

This story follows Jessica as she wanders through Wonderland after a car accident. As a new member of the land, she must participate in The Looking Glass Ceremony. The Queen of Hearts takes Jessica under her wing and Jessica is able to start exploring Wonderland. There is an evil that spreading through Wonderland though. With the help of her eccentric, new friends, Jessica looks to see how she get defeat the evil and save Wonderland.

This is a fantastic retelling of Lewis Carroll’s classic tale. Honeycutt introduces familiar characters, but with new personalities and faces. It takes place after Alice has gone down the rabbit hole, and gives a different take on what really happened. I enjoyed reading a different perspective on the classic and found it unique and entertaining.

I loved the characters and the plot and did think it was well written. The only thing I had an issue with was some of the pacing of the story. There were just some parts that I thought were too slow and some I thought were a bit rushed. Overall I think the story as a whole was done well. I would recommend, especially to those that love retellings.

This book will be released on 04Jun2019
Profile Image for Danielle Roux.
Author 4 books33 followers
June 5, 2019
A dark Wonderland retelling with some seriously amazing world-building and an amazing cast of diverse characters. I love the LGBTQ+ representation in this book! Jessica is such strong character with her complicated past, and the dangerous situations she finds herself in within Wonderland. I love the twists and turns this plot takes, the marvelous way the characters are discovered and new little pieces of this magical world unveiled. This book is a must read for fans of the original story, who want to find themselves lost in a strange land and fall in love with beautiful and deadly characters.
Profile Image for Aly.
679 reviews19 followers
August 10, 2019
4.75/5 stars

I wasn't sure how I would feel about this based off of the summary... BUT WOW. I really, really enjoyed this retelling! The writing style was very lyrical and had a great way of including breaks during each chapter. It was easy to follow which character we were following as well, which I was surprised at considering the layout. This retelling is actually quite unique in terms of the worldbuilding, the character origins, and even the ending. It gives you a familiar, but very different, take on the story we all know. Honestly, I'm very excited for the next installment!

Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
May 15, 2020
I am a big fan of anything related to Alice in Wonderland so when I cam across this book it seemed a match made in heaven. When I began reading it I was a bit confused and lost but I stuck with it and I’m so glad I did. This book was so rich in language and in storytelling. All the various elements which usually wouldn’t make sense on its one came together so beautifully. I truly enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. The beginning I must admit was a bit confusing but once I took my time and opened my mind I couldn’t stop myself from finishing the book in a matter of two days. I am so excited for the sequel and adore this book!!! I cannot thank the author enough for another beautiful addition to my Alice in Wonderland obsession.
Profile Image for Janet.
119 reviews6 followers
October 1, 2019
Definitely a different take on Wonderland. Seems to be somewhat in the future with a few new characters that weren't in the original. I enjoyed it!
Profile Image for OneMamaReads.
415 reviews4 followers
May 10, 2019
3.5 Stars

***

Jessica has woken up in Wonderland with no memory of who she is or was. Wonderland is an afterlife for those who have suffered hardships throughout their life. Jessica is now on route, with Horace (one of the "white rabbits"), to a looking glass ceremony at the castle of the Hearts. There she will find her Wonderland reflection and learn what part of Wonderland's large world she belongs within.

This was a very unique and creative interpretation of Alice in Wonderland. This is not Disney friendly, but it speaks more truth about hard lives, friendships, and true love. The setup of the novel is also different, as it goes from storytelling to narration and back again, with bits of Wonderland geography, history, poetry and music throughout. At times this detracted from the story, but more often than not it added to the disjointedness of Wonderland and those who inhabit this fantastical world.

I really enjoyed the subtle talk about sexuality and gender identity. I like that it was not the sole focus and was often just how it should be. Wonderland, and most of its inhabitants, are fully accepting of every individual who arrives. There are moments where Jessica questions who she is, but everyone in Wonderland (except one) is encouraging, kind and a comfort. Slowly allowing her to explore and realize who she truly is.

I did find that the novel being so short meant there was a lot packed in and the reader was sort of thrown from one situation to another too quickly. The writing could have been more fluid. Moments happened really fast that could have been more interesting if the reader was able to fully experience it and if there was more of a build up. Also, I felt there were too many characters and too many love interests that confused the plot and diluted the story line.

Overall, I loved this new take on a childhood classic and I am very interested to see where Jessica's story will lead to next. The few characters that were really focused on were well written and their motivations perfectly explained. I really want to know more about Farren, my favourite of all the characters.

​I was given a copy of this ebook, by The Parliament House Press, in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for K.D. Reid.
Author 4 books13 followers
May 14, 2019
Wandering in Wonderland by Aislinn Honeycutt was a cozy novel. It promises character intimacy but instead keeps the reader at a distance. The overarching story takes precedence over character-reader intimacy. The political history in this version of Wonderland was intriguing. Honeycutt exhibits a tremendous talent in using setting and plot to tell a full story in a short book without multiple active plotlines. The plot point where Jessica is very briefly The Queen of Spades before being reintroduced as the Princess of Hearts felt like an about-face in the middle of the story, though. Things become tangential from there until the reader meets back up with The Hatter. There was a clear effort to include an openness and respect to the LGBTQ+ community and nontraditional relationships. However, the effort yielded relationships that did not develop naturally except for the relationship between Alice and Rorie. There are also several occasions in the story where the tone changes rapidly, like when phrases like "tossup" get interlaced into the overall political schemes of Wonderland. It's something that could be explained by what Wonderland is in this book, but it's no less jarring for the reader to move in and out of old-world and new-world voice. The reader spends most of the book learning about Alice and Rorie's story. The book is mostly about them but through the lens of Jessica whose experience in Wonderland is obscured by the relative madness that permeates the realm. Overall, the book was interesting enough. The way Honeycutt introduces older, well loved characters in this reinvention of Wonderland is very palatable, and there is a lot of genius creativity in the book. In the end, it fell flat for me, though. It's gotten a solid three stars from me because Lewis Carroll would have gotten a kick out of the irony and darkened turmoil of the whole book, but it left a lot to yearn for as a reader. This novel was a decent debut.
Profile Image for Jessica Julien.
Author 11 books57 followers
August 6, 2019
I was really excited to dive into this ARC as the story line sounded thrilling and the cover was captivating. I've read a few other pieces by this publishing company so I had high expectations for this read, but I was quickly disappointed.

First off, I love the idea of Wonderland being a type of middle area between the living and the dead, this was an amazing idea that I wish had been captured better. The characters are your basic stock with no real personality of guidelines and I felt confused and put off by the constant repetition of descriptors "The blonde. The brunette. The ginger...". It felt odd and misplaced when used continuously.

When it came to the writing style I was quickly found skimming pages as paragraph after paragraph was filled with bland, tasteless mentions of memories, back story, and oddities that didn't flow very well with the main plot line. Character emotions ran amok and felt disconnected and unfitting at times, the love interests were confusing and continuously changing which was annoying, and the use of "dark, cold, blackness, bright" used when describing how things looked was overused.

I feel as though this novel could be quite fantastic, and I hope the author sends it in for more developmental edits and adjustments based on reviews because with some extra help it could be one of the better retellings of a well known classic. A lot of the parts were unbelievable and felt wrong in this text. Not a lot of depth or colorful language to help play up the amazing world that Wonderland in.

Overall, I feel as though this novel lacks a great deal of better word choices, underdeveloped characters, and really is quite unappealing and downplayed for what it could possibly be. I highly recommend another go through and another round of adjustments to help make it pop because telling your reader everything is dark, cold and full of darkness and blackness time and time again is just no fun to read. Readers want more.
Profile Image for Paige.
1,696 reviews74 followers
April 6, 2020
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: Wandering in Wonderland

Recommended Age: Can’t recommend, DNF-ed

Publisher: The Parliament House

Pages: 195

Amazon Link

Synopsis: “Lewis Carroll didn’t get it right?”
“No, my dear. I don’t think anyone truly will.”

Review: I had to DNF this book. While I thought it was interesting and had a good premise, the writing is disjointed and the way that it’s told with the time skips really throw me off. There’s so much going on in these, but it’s not in the story. The story lacks substance in my opinion.

Verdict: Not for me.
Profile Image for Jessica.
261 reviews6 followers
June 10, 2019
*I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

"Jessica fought the sleep tugging at her eyelids and wandered through her thoughts and fears of what was to happen next in her time in Wonderland."

There were so many things that I loved about this book. For one, the characters were all very fleshed out and we saw a lot of development from Jessica as the book progressed, and we saw her relationships develop with everyone that she came into contact with. There were so many characters that are a part of the LGBTQ+ community and while I can't speak on how the representation is myself, I think it was done very well and am happy to have read more queer lit in such an amazing setting.

Wonderland itself was something so strange and imaginative that it is easy to get lost in. We see a version of Wonderland that is both very different and very similar at the same time to C.S. Lewis' version and it was really interesting to see the different takes on the world. I was always fascinated by the different things we learned about the world and how the world reacted with everyone that entered it.

This book has plot twists, a journal, twisted histories, and darkness hidden among the whimsical. I have not read something that had me this invested from the start as a retelling in a long time, and this one did it instantly.

If you like Alice in Wonderland, adventures, major plot twists, and are looking for more LGBTQ+ rep, I would highly recommend this book. This is Aislinn Honeycutt's debut novel, and I cannot wait to see how they expand the world and everything that is yet to come for Jessica, Alice, Rorie, and the rest.
Profile Image for gwendalyn _books_.
869 reviews28 followers
Publisher: The Parliament House
Book Title: Wandering in Wonderland
Author: Aislinn Honeycutt
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
@authorthartley @theparliamentpress
 @Parliamentbooks

This book was received as an ARC from Edelweiss , in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

Lewis Carroll didn’t get it right?”
“No, my dear. I don’t think anyone truly will.”

Honeycutt has created a riveting , and gripping tale, that totally sucked me in from the start. She transforms Wonderland into a type of heaven, and rather than follow Alice, we follow Jessica Smith while she works to uncover the secrets of the Looking Glass. Once I started reading this one it was hard not to get totally wrapped in this Alice In Wonderland Retelling. The author writes a deliciously fun, and a compelling all consuming page-turner. The author catapults you into a raw and darkish world with deceit and political deception. In this memorable, highly original read familiar faces take on new roles in this fantasy retelling with a dark and romantic LGBT twist
What I enjoyed was the how the author created a storyline where exploration and acceptance is everywhere. Great world building and character development. The novels premise and the writing definitely intrigued me and kept me entertained. The authors development of its supporting characters are definitely worth noting with interesting.

The book cover is creative and fitting for the storyline .

I can highly recommend this book and I will be waiting anxiously for the next book in this series!
Profile Image for Danielle - BookishRhetor.
63 reviews6 followers
June 3, 2019
I received a copy of this novel as an eARC from The Parliament Press.

You mean “Lewis Carol didn’t get it right?”
“No, my dear,” Alice laughed. “I don’t think anyone truly will.” But, that fact just “adds to the wonder, the mystery of the place.” And Honeycutt does a great job of retelling and remaking the fantastical world that is Wonderland. She transforms Wonderland into a type of heaven, and rather than follow Alice, we follow Jessica Smith while she works to uncover the secrets of the Looking Glass.

Honeycutt brings Carol’s original story into the present and makes it relatable to current readers but pays homage to Carol’s whimsical, non-sensical language through Zeron the Caterpillar and Matthew the Cheshire Cat. Rather than giving her Wonderland a child-like quality, Honeycutt builds a Wonderland with sexual beings, polyamory, political corruption, and deceit.

I really enjoyed Wandering in Wonderlands new take on a childhood classic. It’s raw, dark, and loving yet still Wonderland at its heart. The door to possibility opens and acceptance is everywhere. It has just the right amount of steam and action that works with and against typical teenage angst and uncertainty. If you want a quick, familiar but a little steamy read and enjoy a good retelling, make sure to check it out!
Profile Image for Energy (Rae's Reading).
1,422 reviews33 followers
May 28, 2019
Jessica wakes in a hospital scared and confused. When the White Rabbit, Horace, tells her she has died and takes her to Wonderland, she quietly takes it all in, accepting his words as truth. What follows is a wild adventure where Jessica threatens the balance the residents have worked so hard to achieve But what if they're wrong? What if Jessica means for good, as Alice had?

This was a pretty quick read with a great setting. The characters weren't overly deep but they were extremely likable. I especially liked Farren and Trilby. I got a bad vibe from Horace right from the beginning, like he had an ulterior motive, and Honeycutt did well writing him. The original Alice didn't play a huge role, but her quest to find The Mad Hatter, Rorie, was a good plot addition.

Overall this was fairly well-written. If there was a negative for me, it would be that the ending felt rushed. But I'm excited to know that this is a first in series, which means we get more to read. I liked that Honeycutt was all inclusive with her characters as it's refreshing to see. I only found the original Alice in Wonderland a few years ago and became immediately obsessed, so it's nice to see an author doing a retelling. Nicely done.
Profile Image for Wren Handman.
Author 12 books41 followers
July 6, 2019
This is the first book I've read by a fellow Parliament House author, and it was so fun to see what other kinds of stories they're interested in. Honeycutt's novel (novella? it's quite short) is a lovely look into an alternate version of Wonderland, where the residents are the souls of those who lived unhappy lives. I love the idea that a magical yet complicated world is the consolation prize for life being kind of shitty. It's a way more interesting version of Heaven than angels and clouds!

The plot clips along at a great pace, with few diversions from the main thrust. My only complaint was that the protagonist Jessica is a little too reactive for my tastes. She starts the book with no memory of her life, which makes her a little bit bland; the story is sort of happening TO her rather than because of her. But I think she's going to slowly grow into her own over the course of the series (this is just the first book).

Great bi representation, and a truly beautiful book design. Check it out!
Profile Image for Cassy.
15 reviews1 follower
August 3, 2022
There are great things about this book, the concept of a Wonderland that's more of an afterlife (one of several options), Alice as the new Queen of Hearts, a rich and interesting world that's sentient and has favorites. The entire plot of this story was cool, and I wish I could give it more stars, but it was very hard to read in parts. I'm not sure if the rambling, constant shift in perspective and time was a conscious decision on the authors part because of the story they were writing, or if they just need more practice writing, but I lost track of characters, who was who, what was happening, and things like that several times throughout the story.
I will say, though, that it seems they are planning a sequel (according to goodreads) and if it ever comes out, I will be interested in reading it.
Profile Image for Angela.
291 reviews
July 31, 2019
This is more of a 3.5 than a 4 star review. But I cannot rate in half starts, so rounding up it is!

I received this as an eARC to read for free in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to The Parliament House for giving me access.

This is an interesting take on the Wonderland we all know and love. This Wonderland is the afterlife and home of lost souls. The premise of the story is very interesting and I enjoyed most of it. There where times where the story jumped from one thought to another and you are left wondering what just happened to get to that point. I did enjoy that the story had some twists that I wasn't expecting. I'm interested to see where the story goes in the second book.
Profile Image for C. Lewis.
Author 9 books68 followers
June 4, 2019
So, as a HUGE fan of Alice in Wonderland, I was chomping at the bits to get my hands on this book! I WAS COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY. The writing is so amazing and the characters are so well fleshed out that I was CONVINCED they were real. I kept thinking I should have some sweet narrator reading this story to me. The magic on the page needed it. The descriptions painted a very vivid picture of the story world and added to the immersive quality! I think the looking glass was by far my favorite. How unique that the glass ***spoiler***. The cliffhanger at the end gave me some serious joy. I really want to visit this world again.
Profile Image for Heather.
37 reviews1 follower
August 11, 2019
I recieved a copy of Wandering Wonderland by the publisher and this is my honest review. The story itself was good. It has all the characters from the original Wonderland that everyone loves. Plus some new characters and some history of Wonderland. However I just couldn't really get into the story. It's like she wanted to cram as much as she could into the story but keep it to a certain length. It also seemed to end abruptly, it didn't feel finished.
Profile Image for Books  Shelf.
275 reviews16 followers
January 31, 2021
Not the Wonderland you know
An out of the box, spice, hot and compelling retelling of Alice in Wonderland.
Needless to say, that the original is a timeless classic, but Aislinn Honeycutt got that classical tale and developed it, modernized, and spiced it up a bit. I like the author's writing style and the way the characters have been fleshed out.
A truly well reimagined Wonderland!

Steven
BooksShelf Reviewer
Profile Image for BookDragons NotWorms.
203 reviews5 followers
January 9, 2021
What happened after Alice defeated the evil Heart Queen? What if Wonderland was for the dead? Well this book explores that exact possibility. This one shows the more twisted side of Alice in Wonderland. Kinda of like the Grimm Fairy Tales.
Profile Image for J..
Author 1 book55 followers
June 5, 2019
Detailed review to come June 7th on my blog!

Loved this book. A great retelling of one of my favourites.
Profile Image for Alice J..
Author 54 books51 followers
June 12, 2019
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love Alice in Wonderland and was so excited to read this retelling. The original Alice didn't play a huge part in the novel but Honeycutt has made Wonderland her own with an interesting take on the beginnings of Wonderland, the clans and the inclusivity of her characters. I think this book could have been a little longer with more description and showing but overall, it was a good read.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 34 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.