Start by marking “100 Great Wildlife Experiences: What to See and Where” as Want to Read:
100 Great Wildlife Experiences: What to See and Where

100 Great Wildlife Experiences: What to See and Where

There are many guides to the the world's great wildlife experiences, but the UK is neglected and this book sets out to remedy this. 100 Great Wildlife Experiences really takes in all the amazing things to see and do in the UK, in all seasons - because winter, of course, can be just as good as summer or spring.

The 100 experiences to be had here in the UK are placed in categ
Hardcover
Published September 19th 2019 by White Owl

To ask other readers questions about 100 Great Wildlife Experiences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Great Wildlife Experiences

Beth
I pick my travel based on location, but another major factor is the wildlife. Fair’s 100 Great Wildlife Experiences: What to See and Where is a great guild for finding wildlife in expected and unexpected places in the UK. This book works with the budget conscience and includes great details including when, where and season, which is a major factor in sighting those special wildlife finds.

I would recommend packing a copy of 100 Great Wildlife Experiences: What to See and Where as a travel guid
Clare O'Beara
Konik ponies, ospreys, Scottish wildcats, avocets, basking seals, and more. The stunning photos in this book are alone worth having, but couple them with an excellent guide to the activity of seeing nature and you're well provided with entertainment as well as information. The author gives a star rating for family friendly (yes if kids can muck about, no if you are not that likely to see the whale) and budget friendly, and ends by recounting his own experience on that trip. Be it snorkelling wit ...more
Tara
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this arc from NetGalley for an honest review. If you are headed to the UK anytime soon this would be a great book to bring along with you.
Denice Langley
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read book for anyone planning a vacation. James fair has given us some very valuable tools to make our travel memorable. The photos alone in this book will make you want to go places to see what he has seen. My bucket list just got ALOT longer.
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really well thought out book! I found it to be very helpful as we are planning a trip to the UK and this shows up some of the places for the wildlife that we wouldn't have thought of ourselves. I liked that it shows if a place is child friendly as well as cost friendly. The photography is so lifelike very well done. I felt this book had a lot of really good information on the wildlife itself made me wish we could go to all of the areas!! I see multiple trips over the years.
Susie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating and informative book, the book is divided up into 100 experiences with th wildlife throughout the British Isles. It gves the reader some beautiful pictures, wonderful descriptions and got also gives you the websites, contact details of tours all used by the author.

Overall all a great book to have when planning today's out in the British Isles
Rebecca
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book fascinating and informative. The book is divided up into 100 experiences with wildlife not to be missed in the British Isles. It offers pictures, descriptions and then websites/contact details of tours etc used by the author.
Most of these I’d heard of but some I hadn’t and I’m looking forward to discovering some new wildlife sites.
January Gray
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book, I'm ready to pack my bags and go visit the UK! I also implemented this into my children's home school Summer supplement. What an amazing book!
Donna Pingry
This would make a lovely table top book! The pictures are outstanding and each chapter is small and easy to read. I requested this book to review because I'm travelling to Scotland in September and wanted to know what to look out for. I certainly was fortunate to be chosen to review an ecopy in return for my honest opinion. My head is swimming with promises of eider ducks, kingfishers, reindeer, seals and purple emperors--among so many other creatures. I can't wait to get there.
Jess