Start by marking “Inspection” as Want to Read:
Inspection

Inspection

Boys are being trained at one school for geniuses, girls at another. And neither knows the other exists--until now. The innovative author of Bird Box invites you into a tantalizing world of secrets and lies.

J is a student at a school deep in a forest far away from the rest of the world.

J is one of only twenty-six students, who think of their enigmatic school's founder as t
Expected publication: March 19th 2019 by Del Rey Books

To ask other readers questions about Inspection, please sign up.
Kaitlynn Some people get advanced copies from the publisher to review, so there are some reviews/hype before the book is available.

A lot of people, not…more

A lot of people, not knowing how reviewing works, like to leave 'reviews' for books they want to read that they haven't read, thus making the average rating for the book absolutely worthless. (less)

Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Right now is a great time to be Josh Malerman.
The success of the Netflix Original, BIRD BOX, based on his horror novel of the same title, is staggering. I'm not at all surprised. Great books make great movies. Everything that is excellent about the film, is due to the fact that Malerman's story is a sweet set up for a film adaptation. I *felt* that book in a very tangible way so it was so cool to see that translated to the screen by people in the industry that respected Malerman's work and honor
Carol
4 BIG-TIME STARS FOR ORIGINALITY!

Like so many, I love, love, loved BIRD BOX, (both novel and movie) enjoyed THE HOUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LAKE and UNBURY CAROL, and now after reading INSPECTION, one thing I know for sure is....with Josh Malerman, you never know what you're going to get!

"They deserve the truth."

Malerman sets the stage by introducing the reader to a bizzare school of trusting young teens (with letters for names) living in a secluded world of strict laws and fear of disease. O

Felicia
Dec 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-tbr
Pardon this interruption of your usual programming but...

I need this book right the fuckity fuck fuck fucking now.

As you were.
Zoeytron
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

Experiments do not always come to fruition in the way that is expected.  This is a whole new twist on the concept of Parenthood.  The dreaded daily Inspections, checking for disease and rot.  If there is any sign of spoilage, the Corner awaits.  The Corner hums and croons and sometimes it rumbles.  What goes on behind that door?

I applaud this author's fresh ideas, how he eschews the formulaic recipes and has yet to use a cookie-cutter.  I l
J.D. Barker
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging and suspenseful! Malerman creates a fiendish fairy tale of a world where boy was never meant to meet girl and the hell unleashed when they finally do.
OutlawPoet
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, confession time: I didn’t love Bird Box. I’m talking about the book, not the movie. I also read Unbury Carol which I did love. Inspection is my 3rd novel by Malerman and I’ve come to a conclusion: Josh Malerman is a very exciting writer.

I loved Inspection.

Our plot is so very different from anything I’ve read before. Within the first couple of pages, I was completely entrenched in this dark fable of our boys and girls who have only letters for names and no clue about any of the truths of life
Bandit
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Up until recently my experience with Josh Malerman has been limited to reading his previous book Unbury Carol, which I didn’t care for at all and it being a western certainly didn’t help either. So based on that, not sure I would have tried the Inspection, but then I watched Netflix’s adaptation of his debut novel and it was actually pretty good. The ever quantity over quality Neftlix actually did a good job and the story was terrific. And so when soon afterwards this one appeared on Netgalley, ...more
Devin Scott Yarbrough
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Josh Malerman has created a brilliantly twisted coming-of-age story, highlighting the importance of truth, at any age, and the devastation misinformation can cause. From the New York Times bestselling author of Bird Box comes a world of secrets, lies, and dangerous revelations.

In the forests of Northern Michigan stands two towers being operated by an organization of scientists and ex-felons. The Parenthood, as they call themselves, have an underlying theory about the human condition that they a
Shawna P.
Excuse me for a minute, I need to catch my breath and regain my brain. Especially since I stayed up into the wee hours of the night reading this. Years ago I read the original OG by Josh Malerman, you know the one that everyone and their mom is making memes about? It's how my husband felt when Game of Thrones became a cultural icon....

description

Ok, I'll get of my ranty rant and focus on Inspection now.

Mr. Malerman, you have truly outdone yourself with this one.
Nature vs. Nurture.
Genius vs. Reality
Boy vs
Linda Quinn
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
26 girls and 26 boys, all raised in two separate towers without knowledge of the other sex. What should be 52 babies has somehow been whittled to 49. These 49 have grown to age 12 as part of a social experiment to show that the opposite sex detracts and distracts. What happens if knowledge of the other tower gets out and awareness of “other” spreads? Fast paced, this thriller had me wanting to call in sick to work so I could stay and read it in one sitting.
Becky Spratford
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review coming to Booklist and Blog Soon
Linda Quinn
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelby Howard
Jan 07, 2019
Jessica Rose
I absolutely cannot wait for this!
B
Jan 16, 2019
Jan 05, 2019 marked it as netgalley-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-random-house
Review in progress.

Thank you to the following for permitting me access to an advance reader's copy (ARC) of Inspection. This generosity did not impact my honesty when rating/reviewing.
Source:
Heather
Jan 02, 2019
Rachel
Jan 11, 2019
Josh Malerman is the author of BIRD BOX and the singer/songwriter for the band THE HIGH STRUNG.