Start by marking “The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)

The Boss

(Fire's Edge #1)

Finn Conleth leads his team of enforcer dragon shifters with an iron fist and a cold heart. Every dragon seeks his destined mate, but the process to turn the woman he once thought was his killed her and devastated him. He will never risk his heart again. His team is his family now. When his body eventually gives out, he’ll leave, living his last days alone.

Delaney Hamilton
Published September 24th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, Amara

To ask other readers questions about The Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boss

Dianne
Finn Conleth, enforcer dragon shifter leader, had his chance at finding his mate, but it ended in heartbreak and death. They chose wrong and he will never risk that mistake again.

Delaney Hamilton is on the run from her own flaming nightmares, but it seems even fleeing across the country isn’t far enough. When another mysterious fire erupts, Finn’s team is called in and things will begin to get a lot hotter as Delaney’s life is threatened by a dragon willing to risk her life to find his mate.

Mea
Alaina
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Boss was a great starter to the Fire's Edge series. In it, you will meet Delaney and Finn. Delaney has moved a couple of times trying to get away from her past.. yet it somehow always catches up to her. Then there's Finn who is a dragon shifter and the boss of a group of dragons. If you knew them, you'd think they are apart of a firefighter's department..but if you really knew them, you'd know they are dragons.

When Finn and
Sherry Fundin
The dragons in the Fire’s Edge series are firefighters. They handle fires that were started by dragons, getting in and out before being discovered for what they really are…dragons.

Abigail Owen has come up with a fresh, original take on shapeshifting dragons. I do love my dragons, so I am super excited to be reading the series and meeting each and every one.

Finn is in charge of training. He is The Boss. These dragons absorb fire. Fire is a living, breathing thing, but they are stronger.

Heading ou
Maranda
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, entangled
Finn is a dragon shifter and Boss of a Fire Team. Fire is detected that shows being set by a rogue dragon. Besides saving lives and property; this team must keep their race a secret from humans. Delaney is a women on the run from a stalker and the mysterious fires that are always igniting close by. Owen spent a lot of time on the characters and this Dragon Team and their struggles to find a mate. I just did not have the deep feelings for them that is always hoped for. Much action and the story m ...more
Maria Rose
The Boss is the first story in Abigail Owen’s dragon shifter series, Fire’s Edge. It’s a smart and sexy story about Finn Conleth, leader of several dragon shifters from different European clans who’ve relocated to America. His mixed clan uses the cover of being smoke jumpers/wildfire firefighters to practice their fire-making skills in the immense California forests. They are responsible, putting out any fires they start and working with local fire authorities (who are unaware of their shifter n ...more
Shari Kay
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
2.75 ✭

Well, bummer. I was hoping I'd found a new series to enjoy after reading the prequel, but now I'm not so sure.

Finn is the leader of a dragon enforcer/dragon fire control team in America. He is also a dragon who went through the claiming process for a mate and it failed. The dragon mate died when they tried to bond. He's never forgotten or forgiven himself for being so wrong. He vows to never try again as dragons lose a part of their soul in a failed mating. The guilt of having deprived ano
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Boss by Abigail Owen is book One in the Fire's Edge series. This is the story of Finn Conleth and Delaney Hamilton.
Abigail moves to escape the fires that seem start around her. But when in this new town it happens again. Finn and his team are firefighters but are also dragons. Finn and his team work together to put out the fires that dragon sometimes start. During a fire he rescues Delaney but he finds that he is the one on fire with his feelings. But Finn was once married and his wife died
Maria11
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars

Intersting take on dragon shifters. I felt like some more of the background should have been explained a tad more. There was dragon fights and fire and alpha males just taking control. It was a good read overall. I would like to read the next to see which dragon would be next. There is a need for some more background info on the council and this king changing idea. The mate idea seems a tad archaic and not to the woman's favor.

Good read. Received a copy from the publisher through Ne
E.A.
The Boss (Fire's Edge #1) by Abigail Owen was a steamy, addicting, fast pace read that had me not only hooked but, I had me reading this book in one sitting!

My first read by this author and for this series, there is a prequel that I need to get my hands on. I was engrossed right away. I love dragons, and when I find a book about them, I snatch it up. This was quite the original fresh take and it really brought something different to the normal shifter world trops.

I will say that, as much as I
Angela~supermom~
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
What could be more hot and bothersome than dragon-shifters? None other than hot and bothersome firefighter dragon-shifters.
Come to mama.

description

These MEN (because they are MEN through and through) can come to my resue any day.
description

On second thought, maybe the fire isn't my only problem...

description

It was the year 2017, and I read all the possible Dragon-shifter books I was been able to get my hands on. Except, now it's 2018 and this beautiful gem falls into my lap. Just when I thought I read all and any possible plot
Christina
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Dragon Love!!! OMG!!! I'm literally at a loss right now because this was soooooo freakin good!!!!! Hold on....I need to pull myself together....(sigh)

What a debut for a series! You know those shifter books that unfortunately only have the shifter shifting once, maybe twice the entire book? Yeah, that's not this book. This is jam packed with shifting, drama, lust, love, humor...geez...everything a PNR should consist of. Did I mention DRAGONS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delaney has spent the last few y
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

BLOG | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON PROFILE | BOOKBUB | TWITTER

Oh brother! As soon as I finished The Mate, I was ever so curious about Fallon's older brother. We get a little peek into his backstory and it is absolutely breathtaking. Losing the person he thought was his mate devastated him to point of completely shutting his heart down and never wanting to find his true mate again. He's the boss for a reason.

Delaney was such a delight to read about and I love all the dialogue between her and Finn. Finn
Eva Millien
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Fire’s Edge series is off to a great start, not only was the prequel fantastic but the first book is as well. This fiery romance engages readers from the very first page and holds their attention throughout with bold, convincing characters that are easily connected to and their romance is sweet, full of sizzling chemistry and emotional turmoil that is quite different from other issues that couples may face. The decision to risk one’s heart after all is one that readers everywhere can relate ...more
Stacy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, requested
I gave it 3.5

With plenty of action and a nice pace, THE BOSS was a pleasant read.

A few things stuck out to me when I was done reading THE BOSS. I really enjoyed the authors take on the dragon shifters. I really enjoyed the job they perform and the way they work together. There was plenty of action in THE BOSS between the firefights and fighting the bad guys. The secondary characters brought a lot to the table and I want to know more about them.

A few things I didn't love. We were kinda thrown in
Meghan Lloyd
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was so much about this book that I liked, it was hard to pinpoint what part I enjoyed the most. From the immediate suspense in the beginning to the smoldering heat between the two main characters, there was a lot going on that packed a punch. I have read many books featuring dragon shifters, and I think this will be my favorite series among them. I loved the interaction they had with regular humans, despite the dangers of putting themselves in harm's way, and while they were leery of letti ...more
Beth
Wait. What she's introducing ANOTHER unknown creepy multiple murderer at the end? Seriously?
Have to admit that the crew is entertaining enough that I am curious to see who will match up next.
Debrac2014
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! I enjoyed it tho I think there's too many rules for being a dragon mate! And who's that now interested in Sera?
Samantha
This had an interesting storyline and concept. Im not gonna lie i had to double check to make sure i had the first one in the series because the backstory it mates and the councils and the kings and clans. It feels very limited and i do like to have some backstory. All in all it was a good book and Finn and his team are a great bunch of characters. the double trouble twins are great for relief and then we have Delaney.

She is a pretty solid heroine. For all that is going down she has her crap to
Tracey
Dragon shifters that happen to be firefighters, jeez this book knows what I like!

This is a scorcher of a start to a new series.

Finn is a dragon shifter, his the top guy in his group of dragons. The group fight fires that are started by dragons.

Delaney is happy in her new start, when a minor disaster happens and another fire happens. This fire isn't good but it does bring her face to face with Finn and his group of firefighters.

I liked the sexual tension between Finn and Delaney. The relationshi
Gillian
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sonja
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was really good. I had a hard time making myself stop when I needed to. There's not much new going on here for a dragon series, but it was done in a great way. I did think it was kind of neat how these guys were kind of firefighters as a cover for what they really do. I never got frustrated or annoyed with any of the characters either, so that's always a plus. I really liked all of the characters too. There's some action, some humor, some mystery, and some really good heat. And of course, s ...more
Olivia Farr
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new paranormal romance series! "The Boss" is the first book in a new series that follows dragon shifters. We learn bits and pieces here and there about the dragon shifters, which are labeled by clan (color) and ruled by kings. They also have councils that oversee various aspects of their lives. Most dragon shifters are male and the few that are female are sterile. Dragons mate for life through a specific process with human women who are born with the ability to be a dragon mate. ...more
Patty
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delaney Hamilton is on the run from a crazy stalker and the fires he sets.  She finally feels at home at her friends winery.  She just hopes that she is finally safe.  But then another suspicious fire has Delaney feeling that she may be the cause of the fires after all.  Scared and with no one to turn to, Delaney confides in the hot firefighter who saves her.

Finn is a hot dragon shifter who's cover is a firefighter.  He runs the enforcer team located on the west coast.  When a fire at a winery t
Heather Bass
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and wow she blew me away. I love a good shifter story but this book exceeded all my expectations. I have read a few shifter books but I have never read about dragons and I’m so glad I did. I was hooked on this story right from the start. This is the first book of the Fire’s Edge series and I loved it. You can’t help but to fall in love with all of these wonderful characters. It only took me a couple of days to devour this amazing story.

Finn Co
Laura Furuta
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Boss
By: Abigail Owen
5 out of 5 stars

The story The Boss by Abigail Owen is a paranormal romance book that I loved reading. I have always loved shifters and dragon shifters are right up there at the top. They are strong, passionate, and protective. This story drew me in from the very beginning and I didn’t want to put it down until I had read the final page. I loved reading about the characters of Finn Conleth and Delaney Hamilton. Finn is a dragon shifter that vows never to attempt to mate ag
Mary Kirkland
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finn is a dragon shifter and a firefighter. Who better to fight fires than a dragon shifter? He's the leader of the firefighter enforcers who are kind of like police for dragons in their territory. He's been hurt and even though he wants to find his destined mate, he's not willing to take a chance that the female might be killed in the process.

Delaney is running from a stalker as well as mysterious fires. So when she wakes up and yet another mysterious fire is blazing around her, she decides to
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
For some reason, I seem to be reading lots of books with firefighters in them at the moment. I have to admit that I didn't even realise that this one was. To be honest, that isn't really what the characters in this book are though, they are actually dragon shifters and they use firefighting as both a disguise and because they are able to control fires in the way that people can't.
If you had asked me a couple of years ago if dragon shifter books were my thing, I'd probably have laughed. This is t
Carrie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This was an excellent start to what will hopefully be a series with plenty of books! Firefighters, dragons, tough chicks, and some smutty goodness round out this fun and engaging read.

Finn is the leader of a group of elite dragon shifters, stationed and tasked with monitoring for rogue dragon fire and helping hide their race from humans. He has had a tough life, having thought he found his mate only to result in her death. Sure, he could blame the system for identifying mates (which is archaic a
Wendy
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I'm a sucker for shapeshifter books. So, when I saw The Boss I had to request it. And the story just sucked me in directly. We meet Delaney, who wakes up in the middle of a fire. Again. She is rescued by some serious hot firefighters. The boss of them is Finn, with mesmerizing blue eyes and a cold attitude.
However, Delaney can't help but feel safe with those hot men. So, she confides in them, this is not the first time she is finding herself in the middle of a fire. Afraid they
Carolyn
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paranormal romances come in many options. The Boss is one that includes dragon shifters, yes, that was enough for me to get interested in this book. We start by meeting Finn during his very traumatic and unsuccessful mating attempt. As a result, Finn has spent the last 300+ years without female company and leading a special dragon shifter enforcer unit.

The Huracans are made by 12 dragons and their job is to keep humans unaware of the supernatural population and to put out fires. This team is bas
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Award-winning paranormal romance author, Abigail Owen, grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. She attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by earning a degree in English Rhetoric (Technical Writing). However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.

No matter the genre, she loves to wri