Start by marking “The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)

The Boss

(Fire's Edge #1)

Finn Conleth leads his team of enforcer dragon shifters with an iron fist and a cold heart. Every dragon seeks his destined mate, but the process to turn the woman he once thought was his killed her and devastated him. He will never risk his heart again. His team is his family now. When his body eventually gives out, he’ll leave, living his last days alone.

Delaney Hamilto
Published September 24th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, Amara (first published August 31st 2018)

Start your review of The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hot Shot Dragons!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: 💋💋💋💋💋
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📙📕📗📘📔
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎🌏
Character development: ☺️🥸😎😘

Aidan she’d already named “McSerious” yesterday, so she stuck to that.
Levi was “The Golden Viking.” Make that “The Happy Golden Viking,”she amended as he grinned and tipped his beer to her.
She already had a soft spot for Titus, who she thought of as “The Quiet Man.” Leaner than the others, his fathomless black eyes were a tad intimidating,
Dianne
Finn Conleth, enforcer dragon shifter leader, had his chance at finding his mate, but it ended in heartbreak and death. They chose wrong and he will never risk that mistake again.

Delaney Hamilton is on the run from her own flaming nightmares, but it seems even fleeing across the country isn’t far enough. When another mysterious fire erupts, Finn’s team is called in and things will begin to get a lot hotter as Delaney’s life is threatened by a dragon willing to risk her life to find his mate.

Me
Nana
Jul 01, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: paranormal
Hey I'm starting to think that my kind of paranormal romance is about aliens (especially Rubi Dixon's) hehe, because I couldn't get into this book, I got very bored and of vampires or werewolves hmm like I don't get attention yet any series, and this one was of dragons shape-shifters but it didn't work for me.

DNF at 32% I know it's not much progress, but I wasn't enjoying it and besides it's a long book.

p.s. If anyone knows of any very very good paranormal series, the recommendation is welcome.

Alaina
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Boss was a great starter to the Fire's Edge series. In it, you will meet Delaney and Finn. Delaney has moved a couple of times trying to get away from her past.. yet it somehow always catches up to her. Then there's Finn who is a dragon shifter and the boss of a group of dragons. If you knew them, you'd think they are apart of a firefighter's department..but if you really knew them, you'd know they are dragons.

When Finn and
Maria Rose
The Boss is the first story in Abigail Owen’s dragon shifter series, Fire’s Edge. It’s a smart and sexy story about Finn Conleth, leader of several dragon shifters from different European clans who’ve relocated to America. His mixed clan uses the cover of being smoke jumpers/wildfire firefighters to practice their fire-making skills in the immense California forests. They are responsible, putting out any fires they start and working with local fire authorities (who are unaware of their shifter n ...more
Diane
2.9 'Zon; 2.4 GR. How dragon-shifters' bonds work makes no emotional or evolutionary sense!

I like the leads (though not everything they do), I generally like the rest of the team, and rogue Rune seems intriguing, too, but I'm NOT going to continue with this series for a couple reasons, mainly to do with the foundational rules of this world.

First, there's the way too many dragon shifters wind up horribly killing women they mistakenly think are their mates, as witnessed right in the prologue. As
Sherry Fundin
The dragons in the Fire’s Edge series are firefighters. They handle fires that were started by dragons, getting in and out before being discovered for what they really are…dragons.

Abigail Owen has come up with a fresh, original take on shapeshifting dragons. I do love my dragons, so I am super excited to be reading the series and meeting each and every one.

Finn is in charge of training. He is The Boss. These dragons absorb fire. Fire is a living, breathing thing, but they are stronger.

Heading ou
Angela
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-read, arc
What could be more hot and bothersome than dragon-shifters? None other than hot and bothersome firefighter dragon-shifters.
Come to mama.

description

These MEN (because they are MEN through and through) can come to my resue any day.
description

On second thought, maybe the fire isn't my only problem...

description

It was the year 2017, and I read all the possible Dragon-shifter books I was been able to get my hands on. Except, now it's 2018 and this beautiful gem falls into my lap. Just when I thought I read all and any possible
Tracey
Dragon shifters that happen to be firefighters, jeez this book knows what I like!

This is a scorcher of a start to a new series.

Finn is a dragon shifter, his the top guy in his group of dragons. The group fight fires that are started by dragons.

Delaney is happy in her new start, when a minor disaster happens and another fire happens. This fire isn't good but it does bring her face to face with Finn and his group of firefighters.

I liked the sexual tension between Finn and Delaney. The relationshi
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Boss by Abigail Owen is book One in the Fire's Edge series. This is the story of Finn Conleth and Delaney Hamilton.
Abigail moves to escape the fires that seem start around her. But when in this new town it happens again. Finn and his team are firefighters but are also dragons. Finn and his team work together to put out the fires that dragon sometimes start. During a fire he rescues Delaney but he finds that he is the one on fire with his feelings. But Finn was once married and his wife died
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Great start to a new series! Love the premise of dragons being 'fire fighters' not only for dragon fire but to the human world, they also support the forest fire teams. Finn is there leader and he is growly and stubborn and very determined not to have his heart break again. He lost one mate and isn't interested in any more tries.

Delaney has had strange fires following her for awhile. When Finn's crew steps in to help at the winery where she works, sparks start to fly between these two. But ther
Maria11
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars

Intersting take on dragon shifters. I felt like some more of the background should have been explained a tad more. There was dragon fights and fire and alpha males just taking control. It was a good read overall. I would like to read the next to see which dragon would be next. There is a need for some more background info on the council and this king changing idea. The mate idea seems a tad archaic and not to the woman's favor.

Good read. Received a copy from the publisher through Ne
Dominique
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
$0.99 Kindle and Kobo sale. Also for the 2nd book “The Rookie”.
Maranda
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, entangled
Finn is a dragon shifter and Boss of a Fire Team. Fire is detected that shows being set by a rogue dragon. Besides saving lives and property; this team must keep their race a secret from humans. Delaney is a women on the run from a stalker and the mysterious fires that are always igniting close by. Owen spent a lot of time on the characters and this Dragon Team and their struggles to find a mate. I just did not have the deep feelings for them that is always hoped for. Much action and the story m ...more
Christina
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Dragon Love!!! OMG!!! I'm literally at a loss right now because this was soooooo freakin good!!!!! Hold on....I need to pull myself together....(sigh)

What a debut for a series! You know those shifter books that unfortunately only have the shifter shifting once, maybe twice the entire book? Yeah, that's not this book. This is jam packed with shifting, drama, lust, love, humor...geez...everything a PNR should consist of. Did I mention DRAGONS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delaney has spent the last few y
Dicina
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I read a PNR that I truly enjoyed so I am glad to have come across this series.
Finn was deliciously alpha and protective. Delaney was a great female lead: strong and level headed.
There was no stupid moments or drama between the 2. The story was well balanced between action and romance.
The camaraderie between the guys was great and I loved how Delaney was quickly integrated in their group.

Next up!
SheLove2Read
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, 2019
Naomi
This was a really good book! I really enjoyed it. I just wished the ending wasn’t so rushed and it did end at the 88% mark which was a little confusing.
Meghan
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was so much about this book that I liked, it was hard to pinpoint what part I enjoyed the most. From the immediate suspense in the beginning to the smoldering heat between the two main characters, there was a lot going on that packed a punch. I have read many books featuring dragon shifters, and I think this will be my favorite series among them. I loved the interaction they had with regular humans, despite the dangers of putting themselves in harm's way, and while they were leery of letti ...more
E.A.
The Boss (Fire's Edge #1) by Abigail Owen was a steamy, addicting, fast pace read that had me not only hooked but, I had me reading this book in one sitting!

My first read by this author and for this series, there is a prequel that I need to get my hands on. I was engrossed right away. I love dragons, and when I find a book about them, I snatch it up. This was quite the original fresh take and it really brought something different to the normal shifter world trops.

I will say that, as much as I
Eva Millien
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Fire’s Edge series is off to a great start, not only was the prequel fantastic but the first book is as well. This fiery romance engages readers from the very first page and holds their attention throughout with bold, convincing characters that are easily connected to and their romance is sweet, full of sizzling chemistry and emotional turmoil that is quite different from other issues that couples may face. The decision to risk one’s heart after all is one that readers everywhere can relate ...more
Stacy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, requested
I gave it 3.5

With plenty of action and a nice pace, THE BOSS was a pleasant read.

A few things stuck out to me when I was done reading THE BOSS. I really enjoyed the authors take on the dragon shifters. I really enjoyed the job they perform and the way they work together. There was plenty of action in THE BOSS between the firefights and fighting the bad guys. The secondary characters brought a lot to the table and I want to know more about them.

A few things I didn't love. We were kinda thrown in
Samantha
This had an interesting storyline and concept. Im not gonna lie i had to double check to make sure i had the first one in the series because the backstory it mates and the councils and the kings and clans. It feels very limited and i do like to have some backstory. All in all it was a good book and Finn and his team are a great bunch of characters. the double trouble twins are great for relief and then we have Delaney.

She is a pretty solid heroine. For all that is going down she has her crap to
Anna Stewart
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal romance doesn't get much better than The Boss. A sexy shifter hero, a spunky, no-nonsense heroine, heart-clenching emotion, and world-building at its best. This story nearly set my Kindle on fire. Bring on the next book cause I can't wait!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Hot! Hot! Hot! This first book of the new Fire’s Edge series sizzles with more than just wildfire.

Read full review in the 2018 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Beth
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, was-on-sale
Wait. What she's introducing ANOTHER unknown creepy multiple murderer at the end? Seriously?
Have to admit that the crew is entertaining enough that I am curious to see who will match up next.
Debrac2014
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! I enjoyed it tho I think there's too many rules for being a dragon mate! And who's that now interested in Sera? ...more
Gillian
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Olivia
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new paranormal romance series! "The Boss" is the first book in a new series that follows dragon shifters. We learn bits and pieces here and there about the dragon shifters, which are labeled by clan (color) and ruled by kings. They also have councils that oversee various aspects of their lives. Most dragon shifters are male and the few that are female are sterile. Dragons mate for life through a specific process with human women who are born with the ability to be a dragon mate. ...more
Sonja
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was really good. I had a hard time making myself stop when I needed to. There's not much new going on here for a dragon series, but it was done in a great way. I did think it was kind of neat how these guys were kind of firefighters as a cover for what they really do. I never got frustrated or annoyed with any of the characters either, so that's always a plus. I really liked all of the characters too. There's some action, some humor, some mystery, and some really good heat. And of course, s ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Challenge Corner: The Boss by Abigail Owen -> Restarting October 17th, 2018 3 6 Oct 19, 2018 01:46PM

• Waking the Beast (Awakening Pride, #1)
  • VonBrandt Wolf Pack Volume One: Small Town Texas Sexy Werewolf Romances
  • Tempting The Dragon King (Dragon Lords, #1)
  • King's Throne (Tales of the Were: String of Fate #2)
  • Northern Lights Shifters: Books 1 - 2
  • Claiming His Need (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • Secret Baby For The Soldier Bear (Special Ops Shifters: L.A. Force #1)
  • Chosen by a Dragon (Fallen Immortals #4)
  • Black River Pack Series Box Set
  • Dragons of Mount Aterna: The Complete Box Set (Five Peaks Shifters Book 1)
  • Cowboy Wolf Trouble (Seven Range Shifters, #1)
  • The Enforcers: Kane (Silverlake Enforcers, #1)
  • Beneath The Blue Moon
  • Filthy Beast (Junkyard Shifters, #1)
  • Darak (Dakonian Alien Mail Order Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency)
  • Wild One (Wilding Pack Wolves, #4)
  • Play With Fire (Into The Fire, #7)
  • Dragon Heartbeats The Box Set: Books 1-6
See top shelves…
Multi-award-winning author, Abigail Owen, writes adult paranormal romance & upper YA fantasy romance. She loves plots that move hot and fast, feisty heroines with sass, heroes with heart, a dash of snark, and oodles of HEAs! Other titles include wife, mother, Star Wars geek, ex-competitive skydiver, spreadsheet lover, eMBA, organizational guru, Texan, Aggie, and chocoholic.

Abigail attempted to fin

Fire's Edge (5 books)
  • The Rookie (Fire's Edge, #2)
  • The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)
  • The Protector (Fire's Edge, #4)
  • The Traitor (Fire's Edge, #5)