Start by marking “Ink (Tribe #1)” as Want to Read:
Ink (Tribe #1)

Ink

(Tribe Series #1)

A powerful god, a magical tattoo and a rebellious teenager. What could possibly go wrong?

Christian, an unruly English teenager, stumbles onto a mysterious tattoo parlor. Possessed by the Rune God, Hagalaz, he becomes immortal, gifted with magical powers which allow him to harness the forces of nature.

Only problem? Hagalaz God of Disruption, is intent on making Christian's
ebook
Published October 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ink

Da Jeffrock
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I simply can't say enough how much I loved this book! Every aspect of this book I found thrilling and exceptionally well written. Jobie introduces us to a Tribe of characters who through a mysterious tattoo, become the embodiment of Rune Gods. Christian, the embodiment of the Rune God Hagalaz, joins forces with Zack, Kia, Pax and Lexy to save humankind from the threat posed by the Settlers. Led by Raven, the Native American Hell's Angel, the Tribe must learn to use their powers, get along with t ...more
Louise
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. It's nice to read a story, partly set in London, by someone who actually knows what they're talking about and isn't shy about using slang, idioms, and local dialect too. Might be a bit difficult for non-Londoners to get all of it, but not so much I think. Also doesn't shy away from the ridiculousness of instalove, and even reffers to it. The characters are fun and the story is fairly believable. I enjoyed it. I'll definitely be reading the next one.
Charlotte
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd say readers age 15 and up would like this. No sexual content, but it does contain violence. I loved the story, but the ending was terrible. This ends on a cliffhanger, book two is coming soon, so be ready for that.
Christian has a genius level IQ, but does not want to excel. His parents are separated and often argue about what a disappointment he is and he make every effort to prove them right. Christian has only one friend, Ben, until he sees a ratio parlor called Mystic Ink and his curiosit
Dustin Bilyk
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ink is a YA Urban Fantasy novel about a teenager, Christian Blake, who develops God-like powers. Except he doesn't know how to control said powers, and, as his mentor tries to get him under control, he wreaks havoc. This was perhaps my favorite part of the book - Christian's relationship with his "Guide" Hagalaz that lives inside of him. They don't really get along (understatement), and that's one of the major struggles he faces.

Soon he joins his "Tribe", and they are tasked with saving the worl
Ben Myall
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Absolute page turner.

It manages to combine superpowers and the mystic (which I love) with an enthralling plot that keeps you guessing from beginning to end.

Can’t wait to read the next one... or maybe watch the movie because you can totally imagine that as you’re reading it.
Rosetta Overman
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is an ambitious debut novel, and pretty well executed as well. I liked the premise of ancient deities choosing human vessels. Though I wasn’t enamored with the cast (which sometimes felt a bit too large to fit cohesively into the narrative), there were a couple of characters I really liked, namely Pax and Uncle Simon. There is a romance aspect in this story which felt unnecessary in a story that could’ve easily centered around friendship and family and possibly come out stronger fo
Myriam
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jobie-baldwin
This book just blew me away. I have no idea how to express myself about this book. I was dying to read this book the moment I saw it. So I did. I did not stop reading it until I was done. IT WAS AMAZING!
The whole concept is as original as it is weird and unexpected. I did not see any of it coming. So, it is Humans versus Aliens, and Rune Gods picking their champions among humans to fulfill a particular purpose in order to protect the Earth. And the plot is so much more complicated than that, and
Energy
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christian is your typical teenager, he's a bit of a wild card and he just likes to have a good time. After being drawn into a tattoo parlor, he's marked and possessed by a Rune god. Hagalaz now inhabits him and like Christian, Hagalaz is very unpredictable. The man who runs the shop, Raven, has told John of the ancients, and how they are sending the Gods into mortals because the Settlers are planning something and it's up to the kids to stop them.

At the training facility, Christian meets Zack a
Vera
I won this book through Goodreads giveaways, and I would say it was a solid read. I enjoyed the storyline for the most part, as well as many of the characters.

However, I think it was trying to be too many things at the same time - a fantasy about gods using mortals as vessels for themselves and their powers, and a science fiction novel involving aliens and some of their technology, while also trying to make a statement about the dangers of climate change. I don't really think the gods/mortals t
Emma
I'm afraid I DNF'ed this one. There's just a little too much happening too fast to take it all in.

The alt-universe setting is very much like our own... Only with aliens who may or may not be able to exert some kind of mind control. Then there's Christian, a highly intelligent but lacking in wisdom British kid from a broken home (but the better-off, two-big-houses and benign neglect sort) who discovers a magical tattoo parlour. He's picked by a God to be marked, and all of a sudden he's off on a
Jay
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I started out really enjoying the book and liked where the story was headed. It is tame in comparison to the books I normally read, but it was a nice change of pace. That said, about three quarters of the way through the book it took a turn for me when the plot solidified and the real reason for the events started solidifying themselves. That is where the story lost me and I could not regain proper interest. The characters were good and the narration was really good. I thought Jake Thornton crus ...more
Pamela Cunningham
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about young teenagers who are chosen by ancient God to save mankind from dangerous threats .

This was a alright read as young adult urban legends go you have your disillusion teenagers who have the normal family problems teen angst falling in love jealousy super powered kid's who have to learn how to live and use these powerful God's . I look forward to the next installment of this series can't wait to see what happens next .
Amy Shannon
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Welcoming story

Ink is focused on the young adult audience, but I found it very interesting. I liked the premise of the story, and enjoyed Christian's character, as he gains powers. It's a long journey for him, to explore and control these powers. Baldwin pens a good story and brings the audience along for the ride on the journey. Filled with twists or turns, and it is anything but predictable. I look forward to reading more by this new author.
Stuart Baldwin
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a fast paced fantasy adventure with great characters this is the book for you. Couldn’t put it down and now can’t wait for the next in the series. 👍
Jackie
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb first book in this series. Christian is a difficult teenager who wanders into a strange tattoo parlour. Keeps you intrigued.
Peter L. Morrison
Dec 25, 2018
Danny Wilkerson
Oct 06, 2018
Jobie
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
  • Longevity: The Wardens Of Time
  • Sold To The Dragon King
  • The Program (The Program, #1 - 2)
  • Dark Warrior Alliance Boxset Books 1-4
  • Moonlight Dancer
  • Dawn of Destiny: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (A New Dawn, #1)
  • The Sword and the Sorcerer (The Usurpers Saga #1)
  • Foul Is Fair (Fair Folk Chronicles, #1)
  • The Banished Lands (The Banished Lands #1)
  • Gift of the Destroyer (The Hunter in the Dark, #1)
  • Awakened By Flames (Hidden Realms of Silver Lake #1)
  • Just Try Not To Die  (Brian Helsing: The World's Unlikeliest Vampire Hunter. Mission #1)
  • The Night Universe Collection
  • The Moonstone (Wolfmoon, #1)
  • A Keeper's Tale: The Story of Tomkin and the Dragon
  • The Medusa Files Collection: Books 1, 2, and 3
  • Nandana's Mark (Queen of the Realm of Faerie, #1)
  • To Enthrall the Demon Lord (Love and Magic, #4)
Born on the mean streets of London, raised by witches, Jobie walked into a tattoo parlour on her eighteenth birthday and was claimed by Alectrona, goddess of the morning. Known for her ability to wake others from slumber, Alectrona turned her powers to bringing long-forgotten gods and goddesses to life through Jobie's books.

For many years, Jobie restlessly wandered the dangerous road between the D

Tribe Series (3 books)