Start by marking “Yesterday Is Gone (The Yesterday Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Yesterday Is Gone (The Yesterday Series Book 1)

Yesterday Is Gone

(The Yesterday Series #1)

They say going home is easy, and in all reality, it should be. Just not for me.

The small, one-horse town that gave me my roots, that made my soul thrive, is also the place I never wanted to set foot in again. I left everything behind and never looked back. Until now. With the death of the man who raised me, I’m forced to return to Boone.

Old wounds resurface, and heartach
Published September 11th 2018 by Limitless Publishing LLC

Bev
I must have read a different book to most others because I'm sorry to say this REALLY didn't work for me. I didn't like either character, but Jessie takes the biscuit for being one of the most unlikable characters I've read in a long time - he's an absolute self absorbed prat.

I had issues with the writing too, their time apart needed fleshing out instead of being alluded to or glossed over. Being a single mother in a new place across the country from friends and family couldn't have been easy,
Nova  Brantley
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
😑 ugh second chances seems like the same crap always. She’s your love but you don’t fight for her or even look for her. Instead you get engaged with another. Meanwhile she’s been raising your kid. Not romantic to me.
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
We have in this story elements already used and explored previously by many authors.
Nothing special or that will stay in the reader's memory.
More of the same.
Checking every existing cliché in stories with second chance.

✅ high school sweethearts
✅unplanned pregnancy
✅city hero athlete
✅hero more worried about his own career
✅demands that our heroine abort the baby and follow him as if nothing had happened. (How can the supposed love of your life ask you to get rid of the fruit of their love. He only
Coco.V
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/22/2019)! 🎁
Danielle S.
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jules & Jessie aren’t just high school sweethearts, they’ve be destined to be since kindergarten, that is until he jacks it all up royally.

They had dreams. Big plans. Needless to say, dropping the big “B” bomb just before graduation threatens to end them all. So, with stars in his eyes and focused on the prize, Jessie makes this biggest mistake of his life.

Fast forward five years...Jules is back in her hometown due to unfortunate circumstances and just sick about facing what she knows will
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What an amazing story of second chances (which is one of my fav tropes!!!)

My heart was broken for Jules and for what Jessie did to her. The prologue gripped me and for me to continue reading, it’s the prologue that sets the stage for the entire book and Ms. Bellus did exactly that!!!

I was introduced to Ms. Bellus when I read The Flight of Hope (which was AMAZING!!!) and at that time had said I found a new author for me and she did not disappoint with Yesterday is Gone.

If you have not read anyth
Stacy Jo
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another homerun for HJ! Completely love Jessie and Jules!!! But especially love Whit she is amazing!!!
Tpagirl
Yesterday is gone was the first book in the Yesterday series by HJ Bellus.

Yesterday was a second chance theme. Jesse and Jules were high school sweethearts and thought they would be together forever. A surprise to both, they broke up at graduation after a fight and they were over. They hadn’t seen each other or kept up with each other for five years until Jules’ grandfather, who raised her, passed away. This was her first time back in her small hometown, Boone, and who did she immediately run in
Ruby Ap.
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
I can honestly say this was probably one of the best stories that the author, HJ Bellus has written in all the time I've read her books! :)

This story is a second chance romance story full of emotions, regret, heartbreak, second chances, pain, some drama, letting the bad feelings go and start being happy once again, loss, forgiveness, not letting the mistakes of the past define who you are in present time and start moving forward, healing, becoming a united family but above all else, love and a g
BookAddict
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bellus is a new author to me so I thought I’d take a chance on this book, and I'm really glad I did. I loved this angsty, second chance story! Jules and Jessie were best friends growing up, and high school sweethearts, until Jules shares something with Jessie And he ends up breaking her heart. He goes off to college to pursue his football career and she leaves the small town of Boone, never to return again. But now her grandfather has died and her Nana needs her, so she returns home for the firs ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
I’m about to get all kinds of personal in this review, so if you’re just reading this to find out if Yesterday is Gone is a great read you can scroll past my personal bits for a more detailed explanation of “Yes, this book is wonderful!” But if you’d like to know why I’m pouring my heart out and crying like a baby in a book review keep reading.
HJ Bellus is a long time favorite author of mine. She’s one I don’t even need to read the blurb, I know I’m going to love it. No matter how different her
Konny
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-v
What a ride !
Yesterday is Gone by HJ Bellus is a full length, standalone second chances romance and let me tell you this book had me in knots.
Yesterday is Gone is Jules and Jessies story. Jules left her smalltown home just after graduation from highschool, betrayed and shattered by the boy whom she loved beyond reason. She had to fight all on her own and her life was a hard one, believe it. Now 5 years later shes back to help her Nan and inevitable her nemesis shows up and wonder oh wonder, he
Michelle
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is so unbelievably good. Definitely a unique twist to read. My favorite lines are:

"Spoken words always leave an imprint."
&
"I’d say love the hell out of anyone you want and live with no regrets.”
Tricia Bartley
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled when Yesterday is Gone landed on my Kindle!!! I just love me some HJ Bellus, I probably say that in every review, but y'all….her books are the bomb dot com!!!

Yesterday is Gone is about second chance romances!!! I love these types of books, cuz those bad boys who ripped that girls heart out, gets to redeem himself!!!
I know sometimes it is the other way around, either way..I love it!!!

Jessie and Jules are high school sweethearts. They were planning to go to college together, heck
Kylee
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yesterday Is Gone is one of those second chance romances where it will warm you from head to toe, it will leave your heart full and your soul complete. HJ Bellus draws you in with her words as they wrap themselves around your heart and will not let go. Jessie and Jules’ story starts us off with soul destroying words, that will not only be ones that can’t be taken back but will also be the biggest mistake and regret that will haunt them both. When Jules must return to her hometown after being awa ...more
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Omg I just love this story. HJ Bellus never disappoints and these characters are amazing. Jessie and Jules are high school sweethearts, she's ready to follow him where ever he goes but when he's delivered news that's throws his ideal plans out of order, he loses the best thing to ever happen to him. 5 years later and his future still isn't going as planned but it's not the high money NFL contract that's off its his love for Jules and how he missed up, but now she's back with more news than ever ...more
Dana
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an amazing story of second chances (which is one of my fav tropes!!!)

If you have not read anyth
Heather andrews
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessie knows how to express himself, "the front door slams shut, and Jessie advances. I don’t run, waiting eagerly until he has me in his arms. “I swear to God time needs to slow down. I need you,” he growls into my ear." I liked this book, I fell in love with Jessie and Jules but Whit stole the show that little girl was the heart of the book.
Adriana
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Lovers  Down Under
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
2nd chances.

This was a good second chance read. Whit stole the show. Can’t wait to see if she gets a book when she grows up. Hope you all enjoy. Thanks.
Kay
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
It wasn't a bad read, just a tad bit boring.

There were a couple of inconsistencies, like Jules' eye color and the age of Brady's son and Whit.

Whit was great though, the stars go for her and Max.
Michele
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book. I only kinda liked it. Never really connected with the characters. Meh!
Vfc
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Skimmed...to hear it said, those of us with children all think our offspring are bona fide geniuses...they are impressionable and precocious. They are sponges that absorb everything EXCEPT, at five most are playing dress up, wearing my favourite makeup asking me if they’re pretty, getting into mischief, colouring masterpieces (out of the lines), drawing on forbidden furniture, playing hide and seek or some other imaginative activity.

They most certainly are not stating “Just tell me the truth. I’
Vicky
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Obviously this is well written... but although I thought this was OK, I really didn't like the initial premise. She was pregnant and he wanted her to have an abortion without any kind of discussion... sorry - it wasn't down to her to make that decision on her own. And, she was OK with that 5 years later... fair enough, she still loved him... but he still told her to get rid of it. So, he really wasn't the hero for me. If I could've cut that part out & would've rated higher.
Ana Rita
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been swamped with books these couple of weeks and I can't get enough. It might sound crazy but honestly it's know I am. The more I get, the more I want and that's it.
I've been reading books from this lady for a while now and she's amazing. H.J. Bellus knows what she's doing and her books tell us the things that make a story an amazing masterpiece.
Yesterday Is Gone is her latest release and tells the stories of Jules and Jessie.
Jules and Jessie were the best friends growing up and easly b
Johnaka
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yesterday is Gone by HJ Bellus
“Words said cannot be taken back, 5 stars”

Jules and Jessie were the forever couple. They were best friends, turned lovers, who had their whole futures ahead of them. They were ready to take on the world together. Then Jessie spoke the final blow sentence in haste. He knew it was wrong but there was no taking it back and Jules changed her plans. Years later she’s back and he’s there waiting. Will she allow him to right his wrongs? Will Jess finally get the girl and t
I Love Story Time
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, julie-jules
4 Stars!

I love reading stories written by H.J Bellus. She always has my emotions working double time. When I read, The Flight of Hope, it was so emotional. There were times I had to stop reading in order to catch my breath because of the severity of my ugly crying. I was pulling out tissue after tissue just to keep up with my tears. Then... she writes stories that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, while laughing out loud. It's almost like she knows she just gutted us with her previous stor
Penny Layne
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything is fair game in football season! This includes love, loss, reunions and heartbreaks.

When Jules tells Jessie, high school sweethearts, that they are expecting...this was unexpected! So when Jessie tells Jules to "take care of it" and join him in college, she ran to California, heartbroken, never to look back. That is until Jules' Papa dies and she has to return home to the small town and all the gossip that goes along with it.
But when she returns, she's bringing along a secret that no
Lisa   cheney
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With every book that HJ Bellus has written I say OMG I loved it and didn't want to finish it. but this book had me in from the first page. They say that the easiest part of life is going home, but for Jules it was the hardest, leaving Boone was the right thing for her. the past is the past and needs to be left there but when she returns to help out her Grandmother/Nana the person that raised her she finds this one horse town is exactly where she left it. Jessie was the love of her life that was ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Is Now LIVE 1 1 Sep 12, 2018 04:48PM

• Love, Hate & Us
  • A Perfect Marriage
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • A Lost Love
  • The Letter
  • Rooter (Double H Romance #1)
  • The Runaway Countess
  • Resplendent (A Second Chance, #2)
  • Not Letting Go (MMG, #2)
  • Falling (Fall and Rise Duet #1)
  • Art of Forgiveness (Stern Family Saga, #2)
  • Count on Me (Bayview Heights #3)
  • Restoring Us: Complete Series
  • The Souvenir
  • My Kinda Player (Summer Sisters #5)
  • Breathing You In
  • Fighting Demon (Devil's Knights, #7)
  • Doors (Coming Home, #2)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2tjmFtN
BookBub: http://bit.ly/

The Yesterday Series (3 books)
  • That Was Yesterday