Start by marking “Veiled By Desire (Laith, #2)” as Want to Read:
Veiled By Desire (Laith, #2)

Veiled By Desire

(Laith #2)

In Laith, when the moons are high, Tavarra is allowed to walk the land as a human for one day, losing her seahorse-like tail. But should she remain out of the water, a curse will overtake her, turning her into a beast with sharp fangs and long claws. A beast that, on some nights, takes the shape of a rampaging, uncontrollable monster.

Rhona, along with her village, are
Published November 19th 2019 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about Veiled By Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veiled By Desire

Start your review of Veiled By Desire (Laith, #2)
James
Veiled By Desire is the 2nd book in the Laith series by Candace Robinson. This book will be published in November 2019 by Parliament Press, but I got my hands on an early copy since I loved the first in the series so much. Jealous? You should be (sorry!) because it's fantastic and you really don't want to wait. Don't worry, I'm sure karma will get me back for those words.

Though connected by a few threads, this is a different story than the last. At first, I was puzzled in a good way. Robinson
Candace Robinson
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Werewolf, kisses, swords, creepy trees, water ability, clovers, and more! I know I’m biased for the 5, but writing is hard! ...more
Dianne
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Candace Robinson’s VEILED BY DESIRE showcases her gift for storytelling, once again! Enter the magical landscape she creates where one girl faces a curse that will turn her into a monster filled with brutality. Tavarra longed to be a land creature, but it came with a price she hadn’t realized was so high.

Rhona lives in a village where the true monster is the evil ruler who has forced her on a quest she cannot fail. Tavarra and Rhona will discover not only each other, but a friendship where one
Sheila Goicea
I received a copy of this book via the author, Candace Robinson, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! In no way does this affect my rating or review.

description

All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.

description

Content Warning: Physical and Emotional Abuse, Torture, Death, Murder, Gore, Adult Content

First off, I want to say that I love this world that Candace has created. It feels like anything is possible in Laith. Anyone can exist there, and only the
Amber Hodges
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that sucks you in from the beginning. The characters are so full of personality and make you have to follow them through the pages. It has so much originality and a plot that leaves you without a breath.

I loved all the characters, and the authors gives you several to fall in love with. I found myself with my jaw dropped at times and wanting to cry for them in others.

I loved everything about this book. The suspense, relationships, emotional rollercoaster, and overall story
Alexa Whitewolf
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in a trilogy and it’s not my first time I’ve started not reading the first BUT the thing is, with Veiled, you can. The story is a companion to Clouded by Envy and while the world and creatures are similar, you’ll really dig the differences. I read them out of order and still loved them!

There is a beautiful and heartbreaking parallel drawn between a youthful story of love that’s in its beginning stages and one that has already ended in misery and hard lessons learned.

Veiled by
Donna
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS THE MOST CREATIVE, UNIQUE, TOUCHING, FULL OF HEART STORY!!!!!!! This Author just keeps writing these books that I love. Most people who read my reviews, blog, social media, etc know that one of my favorite books is Clouded By Envy! Well, Veiled By Desire takes place in the same world that two of the main characters from Clouded come from, the world of Laith. Although it is a standalone. No need to have read Clouded By Envy, but it will have added to the enjoyment.

The author does such a
biblio_mom
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I love all the characters. They made my heart swell each time. The story is properly built, but the timeline is not clear for me as they seem to be moving from a place to another in such unrealistic pace. Or are the places so closed from each other? And the end breaks my heart. One, is because of the deaths of loved ones, two, is because it seems like it ends in a rushed. I need more! I have not read the first book. I just realised this is the sequel once the arc is given to me. Thank You ...more
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: september-2019
First, I want to give my only complaint about this story out of the way. Tavarra, why? No! The ocean is so much better than land. Don't come here. Or better yet, let me trade places with you! I love the ocean, well any water in general... Sorry, I'll pull myself together now.

I want to say that I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I've been kicked off of street teams for being honest so never fear, I won't feed you lies. Now, let's actually talk about this one, shall
Beaird Glover
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“When humans came to Laith hundreds of years ago, it was said that they had gained abilities to adjust to their new world as soon as they crossed over from a dying Earth.” The author’s soaring, unbridled imagination flies away to this magical, mystical place and never comes back.
Mermaid turned into a beast.
Shape shifting from physical form to liquid.
A pet bat.
Otherworldly romance.
Horrible monsters.
“She hated living in the sea, but she never hated looking from the outside in. Now, the push
Erica Lyn Burden
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tavarra and Rhona are rockstars, and this is one of the best female-led fantasy books I have ever read. They are so strong and fleshed out. The subtle intricacies of Laith are well-described and the world feels both real and phantasmic because of the interactions of the characters written into it. This is a second book, but you could read this as a stand-alone with no problem, and it doesn't suffer from the lag sometimes seen in middle sets of stories. Fans of old creatures like mermaids, ...more
Emma Katherine
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review here: https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: I originally gave Clouded by Envy 4/5 stars, but I feel like giving Veiled by Desire just one more star isn't fair. As I'm writing this, I'm struggling to explain why I prefer the sequel to the original book, so I will put it simply: everything in Veiled by Desire was outstandingly better. Plot was interesting in the first book? Plot was groundbreaking here. Writing style was descriptive in Clouded by Envy? Writing style
Kattie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from author Candace Robinson! This book is set in Laith (from Clouded by Envy) but would be okay if you read it first. I love love loved this story!!! It starts out with Tavarra, a sea dweller, who wants to be human (little mermaid vibes) and your heart will break for her. Eza is quirky and amazing, Candace always write the best side kicks. Quil yaaaaaas. This book is sexy and fun. Loved it! ...more
Patricia Thibodeaux
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Veiled by Desire is a wonderful book that pulls you into this amazing fantasy world told by two different characters. You easily fall in love with their stories and feel for them as if you know them personally. If you love fantasy stories, you will definitely love this one.
P.S. Malcolm
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-reviews
Candace Robinson, why do you always do this to me? I am devestated.

In comparison to the first book, I found myself missing Wes and Bray a ton. I didn’t immediately click with the characters in this one–but things certainly changed along the way, which we’ll get to.

What I Liked:
1. Despite me not immediately clicking with the characters, they captured my interest regardless. They were all very well developed and I grew very attached them by the end (take note Candace–I am not okay right now).

Jamie  McColgan
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Recieved a copy of (Veiled By Desire) By the Incredibly talented Candace Robinson

Vield By Desire is the second book in the Laith series, This has been my absolute FAVORITE series and Candace Robinson has become one of my most FAVORITE Authors!!! I love, love her writting and incredible ability of Fantasy Storytelling

VBD Immediately takes you on an amazing journey of Tavarra and Rhona

"Tavarra is allowed to walk the land as human for one Day, losing her seahorse like tail. But, Should she
Shayay
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving how unique this series is! Interesting creatures and a cool world setting. We have 2 POV’s, Rhona and Tavarra. Both storylines drew me in; both ladies have some fun characteristics, loved the magical elements to Rhona, and Tavarra’s origins and curse. Tavarra is a bit unhinged at times because she’s dealing with something she can’t control, but loved her tenacity and heart. Rhona kicks butt and will go out on a limb for those she loves. Both ladies storylines have some heartbreaking ...more
J.Q. Davis
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely fantasy novel by author Candace Robinson. I so admire her ability to build worlds filled with mystic and such interesting characters. And I especially appreciate how this book subtly links with Clouded by Envy (book 1), which isn't required to read before this one but I HIGHLY recommend it! If you want to be taken away to a magical world with original characters and a roller coaster of emotions, definitely give this one a read.
Amber R. Duell
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! It was so much fun to see the new creatures and meet the new characters while also being able to dive back into the world of Laith. And the ending was just w-o-w!
Siobhan
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Veiled By Desire is the second book in Candace Robinson’s Laith series. Although this is the second book in the series, it is more of a companion novel than a sequel. There are elements and references that will be better understood if you have read Clouded By Envy, but you do not need to have read it to understand this story. The story within Veiled By Desire works perfectly fine without any prior knowledge.

With Veiled By Desire, Candace Robinson demonstrates her ability to weave many well-loved
Amanda Hagerty
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ibooks
I want to start off by saying thank you to the author for giving me ebook arc copy to read. In return for my honest thoughts and review. I have not one bad thing I didn’t like about this book or characters I didn’t like. I really enjoyed each character in the story. I enjoy reading Candace books because they are so very different. I enjoyed the characters a lot in this second book. How they came together regardless of how they came together and how they helped each other. The two female ...more
gwendalyn _books_
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

•.・•.・•.・•.・•.・•.・•.・

After reading “
C.
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
**This story is a companion novel and can be read without reading the first installment.**

I received this arc from Parliament Press for an honest review.

I have a love for sea-dwelling beings, dark curses and special abilities in fantastical worlds. This novel brings to life all of this and more. I happily found myself connecting with the characters of this novel and having a hard time getting over the “wtf” moments because of these connections. There is so much I want to say about this novel
Mallory McCartney
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Quil picked up the instrument from the top of his pack and played a new melody that made her body want to dance, her soul to fly, and her heart to beat with the rhythm. Rhona wished she could stay here, live beside the river, and dance to his music all day, every day. But that could never happen."

Candace has a way with her writing that completely entrances the reader and Veiled By Desire is no exception! From page one I was mesmerized with the originality of the story and the character
A. Vrana
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this story is at first glance loosely inspired by The Little Mermaid, the similarities end with a huge, gut-wrenching twist in the first chapter! Veiled by Desire alternates between the beautiful and (rightfully) angry Tavarra, and the strong-willed Rhona, who discovers that she has been lied to by the village headman. Holding her friend’s loved ones’ safety hostage, Rhona is forced to do the headman’s dirty work.

It was so refreshing to read such a female-centered story that not only
Gerardo Delgadillo
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tavarra has a dilemma in VEILED BY DESIRE, the second installment in the Laith series. And that dilemma takes her to unsuspected places and a lot of trouble and turns her into a horrendous beast. Do I need to say more? But not all hope is lost, because she teams up with Rhona, who isn’t a beast and is willing to help.

They can help each other. And it won’t easy. But will they prevail? Survive? Will Tavarra in beast form kill Rhona? Anything can happen in VEILED BY DESIRE. The engaging story kept
Tracy Auerbach
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading "Clouded by Envy," I was very excited to get back into the magical world of Laith. And there were a lot of familiar magical items and creatures - the mythology of Luca, jovkins, bats, and the Stone of Desire - but "Veiled by Desire" introduced a whole new depth to Laith, really fleshing out the world in a way that drew me right in.

I LOVED the characters in this book! Rhona and Tavarra, the two POV characters, were so different, and I enjoyed reading about their journeys even before
CR
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that the first thing that caught my eye with this one was that amazing cover!! I have to say that its one of the darkest covers I have seen this year and I fell for it so much! Although this is a new story set in the same world I am very glad that I read book one first. We have a new set of characters and I spend a lot of the story wondering who was released to whom. It was a nice little mystery to add to the story. This emotional filled story is one that once you start you won't ...more
R.J. Garcia
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Veiled by Desire is the sequel to Clouded by Envy although it stands on its own. It is another great fantasy novel by Candace Robinson. The world-building and characters come alive in this adventurous tale. I like the cool fairy tale feel and crisp original prose that brings the story to life.
Janet Womack
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Veiled by Desire. Candace Robinson has given us some wonderful characters in this book. It takes pieces of several fairytales and weaves them into a world you can totally immerse yourself in. You will feel like you've stepped into Laith and are a part of their journey. I look forward to the next book in this series.

• The Call of Death
  • The Weight of a Soul
  • Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)
  • This Will Kill That (This Will Kill That, #1)
  • The Kennedy Boys Box Set (Books 4 - 7)
  • To Dream Is To Die (The Dead Dreamer, #1)
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville High Elite #3)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville High Elite #1)
  • To Wake The Dead (The Dead Dreamer Series Book 2)
  • Suspicious Minds (Stranger Things, #1)
  • Summer in Nantucket (The Kennedy Boys #7.5)
  • Fractalistic
  • The Shrike & the Shadows
  • Moonlight Rogues: Origins
  • Exiled to Freedom
  • Escaping Grace (The Turning, #2)
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
I spend my days consumed by words and hoping to one day find my own DeLorean time machine. My life consists of avoiding migraines, admiring Bonsai trees, watching classic movies, and living with my husband and daughter in Texas—where it can be forty degrees one day and eighty the next!

Sign up for my newsletter to hear about awesome things! http://eepurl.com/dhV0yv

Laith (3 books)
  • Clouded By Envy (Laith, #1)
  • Shadowed By Despair (Laith, #3)