Start by marking “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse where mo ...more
Published December 14th 2018 by Titan Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man

LaDonna
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟💫

BEYOND AWESOME!!

The movie WOWED me!! This book just added to that experience.

Ramin Zahed truly pulls us into the Spider-Verse via the spoken word and detailed explanations of the artwork that comes to life on the big screen. We are shown how the art, we take fore granted, is a crucial character within its own right. In Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie, Zahed reminds us that the art, itself, helps draw us in; develop the story; and guide us through the Spider-Verse.
McKenzie Dean
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, one of the best art books in my collection! I love all of the insight it gave to the movie, even though I wish the book itself were longer. I adore this art style and would love an even deeper look into the process of creating this stunning movie!
Mary
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its a beautiful art book of the movie that takes you deeper into the world of the movie. Everything is so vibrant and beautiful and you can 100% see all the handwork and love that went into everything that was done.
Trike
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a decent movie art book that has some behind the scenes stuff but comes across as more of a PR exercise in than an incisive look into the creation of this amazing movie. (I fully expect the film to win Best Animated Film at this year’s Oscars.)

It’s a little light on character design, favoring backgrounds and storyboards, and, as always, far too many pictures cross the valley. Some are low-information bits and being a 2/3-1/3 affair it’s not as bad as some other books, but it’s continuall
Jason
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book for a beautiful movie. Wonderful pull out pages and great behind the scenes material. An absolute must additon for fans of the movie, Spider-man or both.
Will Brown
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, favorites
Really loved looking through all the concept art and reading about all the artists/art movements that influenced this movie though there's a couple things that took it down a star for me. For starters I wish we got more concept art for the character designs. Obviously some characters are more important to the narrative than others, but I think part of the initial appeal of Spider-verse (aside from the animation style) is that we get to see so many different incarnations of Spider-Man and his rog ...more
Randy Lander
This was a solid offering, but subtly disappointing in a lot of ways.i would have liked to have seen a lot more of the character design, for example. The biggest issue, though, is how self-congratulatory it was from executives and higher ups with little to nothing from the creators who got the whole thing started. No acknowledgement of where all those Easter eggs came from, and while Brian Michael Bendis gets plenty of credit, very few other creators are even mentioned.

But also? The innovative,
Amelie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best Art Of book I've ever read. Even one of the best art/animation books I've ever read so far!

Like I said before, there was just so much passion put into this movie and book and you can just absolutely tell by reading this. I loved reading about how the movie was made and how the team did everything they could to push the animations and art to make it truly like nothing anyone's seen before.

And oh boy did they succeed.
Jessica
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
First: this movie is wonderful and you should go see it immediately.

Second: this book is a great look into the unique art style of the movie. If you liked the movie and it's incredible animation, you should definitely pick this up.
Matthew
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great look into the amazing Oscar winning movie with tons of concept art early animations
Delaney Felix
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Easily the most beautiful "Art of -insert movie here- book that I've ever read. Absolutely stunning, just like the movie, and if you haven't watched it already, go do it.
Lisa
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love the movie, this book won’t let you down!
Randi
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
For how gorgeous this movie is, I expected the artwork to be more impressive, but I found this book to be bland.
Emily Cullar
Apr 13, 2019
Ellie Hope
Dec 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Ramin Zahed is the Editor-in-Chief of the Los Angeles-based monthly publication, Animation magazine. He has been covering the animation and visual effects world for over 15 years. Before joining Animag, he was a senior editor at Daily variety. His articles have also appeared in Variety, Hollywood reporter, The Los Angeles times and The Christian science monitor.