Start by marking “Summit” as Want to Read:
Summit

Summit

When out of condition divorced lorry driver, Ash Tomlinson, makes the spur of the moment decision to climb Kilimanjaro, he doesn’t consider how much it will change his life. There’s the training, the equipment to buy, the fear of altitude sickness, and of failure. And there’s Sean, a man who makes Ash question what he really wants for his future.

Sean Briggs is a school sp
Published September 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Summit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summit

Truuss
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
I climbed the Kilimanjaro !! Not really but I was there while reading this journey of Ash and Sean... One of the few stories I have read where the conversations, events and environments are widely exposed and developed.

We get a detailed view how two men prepare themselves for months to a heavy journey, they will attempt to climb a mountain, the Kilimanjaro. On this journey, they develop feelings for each other... it’s not as simple as it sounds.
How they behave around each other was wonderful rea
Carra
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued by Summit from the moment I read the synopsis. As someone who has participated in endurance sports (half marathons and a full marathon), I can appreciate what goes into preparing and training for something like climbing Kilimanjaro—though my personal experience is not anywhere near that scale. That Sean and Ash’s relationship plays out during this preparation and training time puts their story in a unique setting from what I’ve read before in this genre.

I identified most closely
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

For the most part, this was a really enjoyable read. I loved both Ash and Sean. They got off to a bit of a rocky start, pun intended, and Ash, being so unaccepting of his bisexuality at first, really worried me, but he didn’t back away from Sean after his first little blunder.

Together, Sean and Ash had amazing chemistry. The sexual tension between them was palpable and they lit up the pages of, and liked to set, my iPad on fire.

I loved not only watching them as their feelings develop
Dixiecowgirl
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique and inspiring story of finding love as you change your life. Wanting more out of life and setting a new goal of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro brings amazing friendships and love for these MC's. Both MC's are very likable and real. They each touched my heart with their hopes and dreams. i enjoyed the writing and the story-line was unique and interesting.

Sometimes we find ourselves at a crossroads and change is the best choice. Ash found himself at that crossroads and the new journey that he und
Amy Dufera
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Summit is a fun romance by Louise Lyons, a new to me author.

Ash decides to climb Kilimanjaro, but first he's going to need to get back in shape and make some life changes. Overall, since his divorce, he has made a lot of changes.

Upon meeting Sean at a training camp, he finds his very attractive and is interested in the man. When he's home after their training, he's unable to allow himself to stay in touch with Sean. Crazy thing is though, he just can't get the man out of his head.

Their hookups
Caroline
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Louise Lyons book and it won't be my last, I absolutely loved it. The storyline was realistic and intetesting, the characters were everyday people and their challenge was epic. From cover to cover I couldn't put this book down.

This is Ash's story of transformation. A divorced, overweight, long haul lorry driver, he decides to challenge himself, signing up with a treking company to climb Mt Kilimanjaro. Before he can achieve his goal he needs to change his life style, diet and e
Terri
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful story of making positive changes, taking on new challenges, and finding love. Ash and Sean are witty and sweet together, and their training and eventual climb to the summit of Kilimanjaro is fascinating. The descriptions are detailed and realistic, and the secondary characters are likeable and well written. Ash and Sean are easy to love from the very beginning, and they only get better as the story progresses. This is the first time I've read anything from Louise Lyons, but I ...more
Elle
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a well written book that's set in the UK. This was made even better by the fact that I knew many of the places mentioned. They were also very well described. This was a very real story, a couple of ordinary blokes with real life problems. Ash actually reminded me of someone I used to know. A 'blokey bloke', who's bisexual, but doesn't want people to know in case they think he's less of a man. I enjoyed the way he decided to 'sort himself out' and in doing so met the love of his li ...more
Glen Cornfield
Ginger
VerrieH
Cricket
Sep 22, 2018
I currently live in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, having moved from my home town of Grimsby in 2010. I come from a family of writers, although my Mum, Nana and Auntie have all written poetry. For me, it has always been fiction that drew me.Louise Lyons introductory photograph

It started with Mum’s old manual typewriter when I was eight years old – a story about a little girl and a pony, which at th