Start by marking “Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)” as Want to Read:
Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)

Goal Line

(Harrisburg Railers #6)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  262 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Fear and sadness mark Bryan’s life, can Gatlin show him that you have to trust before you can love?

Gatlin Pearce is creeping up on thirty-eight and is still single. It’s not that he wants to be alone, it’s just that he’s too damn old to be in clubs filled with glittery gay boys who can’t even tell him who the Rolling Stones are.
Better to just spend his evenings at Hard Sco
Published August 8th 2018 by Love Lane Books (first published August 6th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Goal Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goal Line

Christelle
**4.5 stars**

Whoah, whoah, whoah…My favorite instalment of this MM sport romance series I have had pleasure reading.

This one is really not a standalone : yes, it’s about a new building romance between Bryan, the new and low-key goalie of the hockey team and Gatlin, the sexy tattoo artist who does artistic work for the players. But, there’s also a lot going on in the hockey world of this series and so much friendship among all the characters : without background, it might not be so impacting.

So,
Cadiva
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I never saw that coming. There is a huge plot game changer in this book which I won't be revealing, not even with spoilers, but let me just say, it's superbly done.

The whole book, the sixth in an outstanding series, is exceptionally good, bringing together Gatlin, the guy who inks the Railers at his tattoo parlour, and reserve goalie Bryan.

There's lots of serious subjects touched on but the book never loses sight of the romance between these two men.

And Bryan so desperately needs to know h
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars ⭐

I found this book by chance and I’m so happy that I gave it a shot.

I adored this story so much!
I haven’t read any of the previous books but didn’t felt lost or confused with the story.

“I had this insane urge to make Bryan Delaney smile again somehow.”
The romance? OMG is so cute and healthy and passionate and Ioved it.
they are literally soul mates. No one can’t tell me otherwise.

[image error]

The development is so BEAUTIFUL, I loved how it was handled with.
The writing was fast
Karen
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars, 5 tissues and all the feelz...holy hell this one was the bomb...it totally blew me out of the water...full review to follow soonish!!!

This one gets 5 stars, 5 teary tissues and all the feelz from me...

I’ve been crazy about this series from the word go and have loved each book more than the last one. I was honestly at the point where I thought my love for this series was maxed out but nope, I was wrong. This one…this one blew my mind and blindsided me with what has happened…I seriously
Natalie
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure if I’ve said it before but this series just...keeps...getting...better! Bryan just about broke my heart and Gatlin is a guy who really needed someone to nurture and appreciate him for it. One of my favorite tropes is an age gap but these two honestly didn’t feel as far apart as a 22 year old and a man of 39 are. Bryan has had few people in his life who weren’t toxic, only the hockey billet family he lived with since he was 15 love him wholeheartedly. Before he arrives in Pennsylvani ...more
Amanda
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Man, this book hurts me. Bryan, the new backup goalie for Railers is such a sympathetic character. He had a lousy family, an abusive boyfriend and he is one of the most insecure player I read about. Meanwhile, Gaitlin the tattoo artist is one confident and suave silver fox. I thought they matched each other perfectly.

In the beginning, Bryan is still in relationship with the nasty piece of shit, Aarni, a player from his ex-team Raptor, though, calling it a relationship is a stretch. There isn't c
Kirk
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love being back with the Railers. Right from the off you’re sucked into a story about two men with a past, who come with baggage and a whole host of other issues, but when Bryan and Gatlin meet, it changes the trajectory of life for both of them.

My heart genuinely hurt for Bryan Delaney, in an abusive relationship and believing he doesn’t deserve any better but desperate to belong and to be loved, and the first time anyone shows him any kindness, he really doesn’t recognise it. I loved ho
Diane Lynch
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
4.5 of 5 Stars

R.J. Scott & V.L. Locey get a shutout with GOAL LINE the sixth book in the Harrisburg Railers series.
Thirty-eight-year-old tattoo artist, Gatlin Pearce, has just about given up on relationships. Then along comes Harrisburg Railers’ goalie, Bryan Delaney, whose haunted eyes speak to him. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

The characters are likable and well-developed. I adore Bryan. He has had a difficult past. He is not very confident socially. I l
Kaje Harper
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved meeting Bryan, a goalie to back Stan up as a new addition to the most rainbow team in the league, who comes with a closet full of personal issues. Gatlin was a good fit for him, older, patient, and sharp enough to recognize the signs of when something went wrong. This was a good adition to a very enjoyable hockey series, complete with a long term plot twist that has me eager for the next one.

I did wish this was a bit longer, to give these two guys more time together. I applaud the
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, lbr, ebook
4.5 stars - I have enjoyed this series from the get go. It has been so much fun following this team, and this installment really shows the kind of team they are and what sets them apart from some of the others. They are genuinely good guys who embrace the team spirit and actually care about each other, have each other’s backs, regardless of age, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Sure, there have been a few bumps here and there, but when it counts, they circle the wagons and pull together.

Here, we
LeeAnn
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Throughout quite a bit of this book I had the overwhelming urge to throat punch someone..really hard..several times, in succession.
I was so upset for Bryan, always wanting to pull him into a "mom hug" and telling him to not listen to that nasty man and that everything would be ok. That he was AMAZING and deserved the praise , affection, friendship and support his new team was offering him.
Bryan had been blessed with , what he calls a "billet family" that was far superior and supportive in every
JenMcJ
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Lots going on in this one and not enough details about it all, really. This relies a lot on mentioning thing that have happened both in the past and in present without any details which was really frustrating. Then, in normal fashion for this series, it also has unbelievable insta-love instead of investing in telling a whole story and giving the characters a chance to actually know each other before becoming laser focused on their devotion to each other.

Then we get a game changer for one of the
R
Shelves: m-m, sports, reviewed
Bryan is the young, new backup goalie for the Harrisburg Railers. With his trade he gets away from an abusive relationship. Although he wasn't with him, Aarni still had a huge influence on his life and his mental state. The sad thing is that he didn't realize it was so toxic. Unsure of his new team, mind full of garbage spewed by his boyfriend. He didn't get what he expected from the Railers. What he did get was a welcoming, accepting environment he could excel in.

Gatlin is a tattoo artist. He i
Elle
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying that this series gets better with each book. Goal Line is such a sweet love story, which touches on some serious issues, but never loses sight of the relationship between the MCs. I have to say that it absolutely blew me away!

It pulled my emotions all over the place. I adored Bryan with his hang ups and his frailties and wanted to slap all of the people in his past who had treated him badly and caused him so much hurt. I especially wanted to slowly torture Aarnie.

The
Jackie Ziegler
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly never saw that plot line coming.. Not sure how to even write this review as I dont want to give anything away

Bryan is traded to Harrisburg and is not super happy , I mean he is leaving a team he doesn't really like but he is also leaving his "boyfriend" .. Upon meeting Gaitlin he really starts to question if what he feels for his boyfriend is really love and a relationship.. Gaitlin is older but takes his time to let Bryan get comfortable with everything going on.. When Bryan really ne
Lora
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars!!!

HOLY WOW!!! This book knocked me out. Bryan was a great addition to the Railers and Gatlin was a perfect extra. I really enjoyed reading their story and the extra we got from our previous couples.

There were definitely tears while I read this one, but the happy was really happy, too! I think that the emotional baggage both guys carried with them helped them really connect on a deeper level - not just with each other, but the reader as well. And the “bad guy” in this novel is o
Dan
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really cannot deal with my feelings right now. This book has been, to me, the most emotional Railers book of the series, both because of the past of Bryan and Gatlin and because of an event in a game I shall not disclose (but my poor heart has a hard time dealing with). I loved this book, and need the next one soon, or I shall go mad.
Also, who knew Stan really had contacts?
Anne-Marie Mogensen
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm always a little scared when reading a new book in a series that I like as much as the Harrisburg Railers.

Luckily I was not disappointed - shocked, yes, but not dissapointed. Developed characters with plenty of personality. A plot I hadn't seen coming.

I devoured this book in about two hours - the only regret is, I can't read it for the first time again.
Amy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Harrisburg Railers ... one of the best hockey series and these authors did not disappoint!!!! Gatlin is a tattoo artist with a past which has tormented him for years and tore his family apart. When he meets Bryan, there was something so sad in Bryan’s eyes, Gatlin just wanted to help him, to take that hurt away. Both have family issues and relationship issues from the past. Can they work through them together or will it make it even harder to fall in love?

These guys along with the other mem
Laurel Looney
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God. I am mind blown with Goal Line. It was a nail biter that once you started you couldn't put it down. Gatlin and Bryan are so perfect for each other that they fit in with the rest of the guys. Not telling any spoilers BUT this is a book that will have you laughing, crying and asking why. I love this whole series and this one didn't disappoint. Definitely need to one click this one.
Jodi
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better with each book released! Bryan is the new Railers backup goalie recently acquired from the Raptors. Bryan’s life has been difficult from a lousy birth family to his abusive somewhat boyfriend Aarni, a teammate from his former team. Gaitlin is the tattoo artist that inks the Railers and designs Stan’s goalie masks. They meet when Stan takes Bryan under his wing and introduces them so Bryan can get a new design for his goalie mask.

There is an age gap between Bryan
Sali Mes
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love it.
Well written. A bit too Insta-love for my taste but no drama, not much angst.
Bryan made me so sad.
Great story.
Nudlez
Rachel
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my days!!! this was fabulous, full review on release.
Carra
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every book in this series has had something in it to really hook me in and make me care about the characters. Here in Goal Line, not only was I hooked by Bryan and his timid, on-edge personality, but at a certain point in the story I was hooked by the entire Railers team. And I’ll apologize to anyone reading this now because while I will expound on Bryan’s attributes, I’m not going to tell you why the entire team got me this time around…that would result in way to huge of a spoiler. Intrigued ye ...more
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars!

Goal Line is book 6 in the Harrisburg Railers series and I think you'll enjoy the series better if you read it in order.

Bryan Delaney is the new backup goalie for the Railers. He's had a hard life, first with his overly religious parents and then with his abusive sort-of-boyfriend/teammate. The best things that have happened to him in his 23 years are landing with a fantastic billet family who treated him better than anyone before and practically adopted him into their fold and landin
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Hockey and all the feels… perfection!

The Harrisburg Railers has become one of my all-time favourite sports romance series. Like Gatlin and Bryan’s story, it slowly builds until all the characters feel like well-known friends that you care and worry about. This is a romance but the hockey is also, wonderfully, in the forefront of each read. Hot m/m romance, emotional connections high drama, and hockey? Yes, this series feels like it was written just for me!

This is the sixth instalment and Gatlin
ButtonsMom2003
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
A great addition to the series; you'll need tissues.

I know next to nothing about hockey but I love this series so much. You don't need to know anything about hockey to appreciate the wonderful love stories written by RJ Scott and V.L. Locey.

New backup goalie for the Harrisburg Railers, Bryan Delaney, had a sad home life until he went to live with a billet family at age 15. He's been dating a man who is a jerk and has trampled on his self-confidence. After being traded to the Railers he misses t
Ruthie Taylor
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the sixth book in the series - and an absolute winner for me. I loved Stan's story a lot, but somehow this is even more special. You could read this as a standalone and love it, but really getting the whole team dynamics, and the goodness that is the Railers, would make me advise you to start at the beginning and indulge yourself!

We soon get to understand just how badly Bryan has been treated up until now. It is
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is such a brilliant series. I’ve loved the humour and the heart from the very first book but this is the only book I could not put down and it is the only book that got me ugly crying in public.

Bryan, the Railers’ new backup goalie is new to the series and he is wonderful. He’s young, and while he’s magical in net, he is haunted and skittish off the ice. As the Railers’ favourite tattoo artist, I think we’ve seen Gatlin b
RJ is the author of the over one hundred novels and discovered romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t romance on the page, she could create it in her head, and is a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her family.

The last time she had a week’s

Harrisburg Railers (6 books)
  • Changing Lines (Harrisburg Railers, #1)
  • First Season (Harrisburg Railers, #2)
  • Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • Last Defense (Harrisburg Railers #5)