Start by marking “After the End” as Want to Read:
After the End

After the End

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
.One fatal mistake changes Tilly and Linc’s lives forever.

After the tragedy, Linc and his family fled a town they were no longer welcome in.

Still grieving the death of her brother, Tilly’s world is rocked again when, three years later, Lincoln Reid has to come home.

Linc tries to stay away from Tilly, but once he sees her fighting feelings for him, he can’t stay in the shad
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about After the End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the End

Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
I fell in love with this book, and boy did I fall hard!

Natasha Preston has brought so much depth and emotion to Tilly and Lincoln's story, that I completely devoured this book in one sitting. I just couldn't get enough!

An emotionally beautiful story of tragedy, love, strength and so much more. A story worth getting lost in.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

This was an intense and beautiful story.I have many emotions while I was reading it.It kept my interest and I was aching for Tilly and Linc.

Their romance is heavy full of ansgt and intense.What a roller coaster, there wasn't a moment I felt it was boring, it was fast paced.

Overall it was a great read.

description

Courtney
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I have had read two of Natasha's books prior to this one and while I enjoyed the plots very much, I had a problem connecting to the characters. This time around, I was pleasantly surprised by how well I could feel these characters emotions and had more of connection to them.

After the End deals with some heavy and intense feelings. Everyone handles death in their own and at their own pace. There is no right or wrong way and I feel that Natasha handles this aspect well. However, there were at time
Anne Milne
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis I knew this book was going to be emotional but I had no way of knowing the impact the words would have.

Lincoln and Tilly were friends who grew up nect door to each other, they were a group doing with their brothers. A tragic accident kills her brother and for the group of friends everything changes.The story picks up 4 years later when Lincoln comes home to sell his old home and old feelings start to surface.

I loved how the story focused on how the grief and loss touche
Kim Sutton
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of beta reading an early copy of this book.

Linc and Tilly’s story is an emotional one. They haven’t seen each other for four years, after a tragic accident claimed the life of her brother. Lincoln walked away from the accident. Now Linc is back and he’s opening up old wounds.

I felt so bad for Tilly. She has been a wreck since the accident and now she seems to have put her life on hold for her parents. When Linc comes back he brings back all the memories. She’s at war with her
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
4.5

Loved it!

(It's not a 5 star because I don't think anything can beat Reliving Fate 😂😂)
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
After The End is a good emotional read. Lincoln and his family lived next door to Tilly's family. There was an accident that involved Lincoln, Lincoln's brother (Stanley), and Tilly's brother (Robbie). In the aftermath of everything, Lincoln's family moved away but didn't sell their house. Four years later Lincoln is back in town to fix up the house to sell. Both Lincoln and Tilly have the same friend circle so their paths can't help but cross. Both are still hurting. Lincoln carries guilt and ...more
Ptiteaurel
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ce qui m'a attiré en premier a été la couverture que j'ai trouvé très belle et très intrigante puis le résumé m'a totalement donné envie de lire ce superbe roman qui nous fait vivre de superbes émotions au fil des pages. Les thématiques sont fortes et très intéressantes .

si vous lisez en VO et que vous avez envie de lire une romance forte qui vous fera vibrer pages après pages avec des thématiques fortes et puissantes, alors je vous recommande de lire After the end de Natasha Preston. C'est le p
Donna Wright
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Where do I begin with this book. Firstly let me start by saying that this book is very well written and the subject was both haunting and extremely sad. But I felt that the author stretch this book a little to wide for me and this could have been told in half of the time. I felt the end was rushed and that could have been told more in-depth. As I am left with a lot of questions.

I loved Linc and Tilly. The other characters in this book played a huge part as well. The story did have a lot of good
Amanda
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You need to meet Tilly and Linc! I fell in love with their story. Natasha has written their story so well, you feel their pain, literally, when they hurt I had pains in my chest, when they were happy, you felt like hugging and cheering for them.

Four years after the accident, can Tilly forgive Linc for his part in her only brothers death? Can Tilly's parents move forward with seeing him again? Can Linc forgive himself? Take your ride on this emotional roller coaster and find out!
Sophie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
4.5 beautiful, breathtaking stars.

Woah! Woah! Woah! If you're going to read this book, which you absolutely should, have tissues, LOTS OF THEM! After the End is as heart breaking as it is breathtaking.

Natasha's writing in After the End is flawless. Every word delivers heartbreak and pain and love and hope. The emotion that smacks you straight in the gut is over powering. You can't help but feel EVERYTHING in this book!!

After the End swept me off my feet and stole my heart! I loved it!
Suey_Library
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour with InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

Oh my goodness - I am crushed.

Bring on the angst, intensely rollercoaster of emotions my furry friends because this one is a flipping doosey. What always makes for a good emotional read? Amazing characters with such crippling emotions. Ergo: After the End.

And speaking of these alluring, heavily emotional characters... oh my lanta give me all the feels. I don't know what parts tugged at m
Ann Walker
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book at 4am this morning because I simply could not put it down. This book is a story of two very good friends who are separated for a number of years after a horrific accident which changes both their lives forever. This story had my heart being squeezed more and more as I turned each page and witnessing the position that Tilly and Linc are in, I could empathise with them both and understand exactly why they acted as they did.
Tilly - my heart bled for her. Following one of the
Becky Rendon
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the End is a trying and emotionally charged book. With a premise that is sure to make your heart squeeze and an H that will melt you like an ice cube on the HOT sidewalk, it hard to think about the end.

But the end already happened and this book is all about what's next! Heartfelt and troubled, After the End is all about guilt. Guilt for actions you can't change. Survivor's Guilt. Guilt marrying the life you have and preventing the life you want.

After the End is a real life romance - mean
Clare Harrison
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brother lost, taken to soon, devestation and  darkness destroying those left behind.

Hearts broken, a sky raining tears. Ambitions and dreams forgotten.

The heart and the mind at war with the present and the past.

Friends lost, circles made smaller. The future hazy and unclear.

What a truly emotional rollercoaster of a standalone!

So much depth, angst, inner turmoil I loved it all!! tissues were required to read this as I sniffled my way through each rich and atmospheric chapter.

Tilly so fragile
Erin Reedy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! I love Natasha Preston’s writing style and thought this book was very well written!!

I love how she describes the main characters Tilly and Linc. The way she writes about their personalities and their physical appearances made it real easy and fun for me to imagine what the characters would look like in person.

I had such a hard time putting this book down once I picked it up. Once I started reading about Tilly’s story and all these emotions she was going through si
susan moore
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a range of emotions while reading this book, I was pulled into the story right from the beginning. Tilly didnt think she should have feelings for Lincoln Reid after what happened to her brother, she thought her parents would be upset so she fought her feelings until she no longer could, just as she admitted them to her mother and went to tell him that they had her parent's blessing the bad boy comes back. Altogether a really good book
Renee Dickerson
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By far the best book I’ve ever read!!! Natasha Preston is amazing!!!
Konny
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the End by Natasha Preston is a full length, standalone novel and let me tell you, this story gutted me to the core. Theres so much pain and grief, I had more than one ugly cry. You'll need tissues, consider you warned.

The day Tillie Drake's brother died in acar accident - her and her family's life changed irrevocably. Her dreams and goals arent important anymore and years later shes still trapped in a maze of mourning. And then He comes back. He, that's Lincoln Reid, her brother's best fr
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has to be one of the beat I've read by this author, she made me feel so many emotions during this book. I devoured it and highly recommend this story.
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Linc and Tully. They have such a traumatic last but the intense chemistry keeps pulling them together!
Keren Hughes
This is the first of Natasha Preston’s contemporary romances I’ve had the pleasure of reading, although, it wasn’t always a pleasure. At times, it was pretty rough going. Not because of her writing, but because of the subject matter.
Natasha’s thrillers are gritty, but this was gritty in a whole other sense.

Right off bat, this was always going to be a bittersweet story. The love, the loss, the grief, the utter devastation...it was all-consuming. You dive in and it swallows you whole.

My favouri
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I struggled hard with this book. At first, I assumed it was like the previous novel I’d read my Natasha Preston, and it was just going to take her a few chapters to find her voice, but it never really got off its feet. I hate dragging a book through the mud, so I’m going to keep this as short and sweet as possible.

My first, and biggest issue with After the End was after about 30% it felt like we were beating a dead horse with Tilly’s inability to move forward with her life. Then it continued for
Rebecca Austin
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trsor
Tilly Drake's life was drastically changed 3 years ago when her brother Robbie was killed in a car accident. Nothing has remained the same but she has slowly tried to get on with her life until he walks back into it.

Lincoln Drake was not driving the car that killed Robbie but his brother Stanley was and his family fled their hometown to start again. Now Linc has come back to fix up his family home to sell it.

Linc doesn't want to make life hard for Tilly but he can't deny how he feels about her.
Louise Roach
This was a book filled to the brim with emotion, and as a reader I could feel them all! I went into this book totally blind, and I am so glad I did. It really helped me to get a feel of the story and totally connect with the characters, their thoughts and emotions.

Tilly and Linc's story was tragic. It is an intense but addictive read. With so many highs and lows this story definitely takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. I don't want to give anything away about the plots or situation surroun
Marta Bo
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What should I write here???? I still asking myself.... because my head is empty .... just want someone to hold me tight and never let go...This book was really, really good but also left a lot of sadness in my heart. I hope that I won't steal suprise for anyone who didn't read this book... but from the very begining I was sure that it will be very hard and emotional journey with Natasha, Tilly and Linc.
I loved very much Tilly... I was aching for her truly, from page to page I just wanted to hug
Sarah Dale
Natasha has written a beautifully emotional story of love and loss.

Lincoln and Tilly have grown up together, living next door to each other, friends and families are so close and friendships intertwined until a tragic accident kills Till's brother and they are all drowned in guilt and grief. Lincoln and his family leave town and this story picks up 4 years later when Lincoln comes back and they now have to deal with their grief and buried feelings to try to live again.

Natasha has brilliantly de
She's a Lip Biter
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Where do I begin with this book? Firstly let me start by saying that this book is very well written and the subject was both haunting and extremely sad. But I felt that the author stretch this book a little to wide for me and this could have been told in half of the time. I felt the end was rushed and that could have been told more in-depth. As I am left with a lot of questions.

Suzanne
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Since I discovered Natasha Preston earlier this year, I have come to find there is one thing for sure in her stories, utter heartbreaking moments and will cut your soul but mend you at the same time. After the End is no exception. The history between Tilly and Linc is so heartbreaking and still so raw for both of them. I honestly cannot blame them at all with the the initial feelings. There are a lot of ups and downs especially with Tilly. She can be right into it with Linc then down right mean ...more
Shonna Mccabe
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! this is an epic read absolutely loved this love story this is a well thought out novel and I couldn’t put it down so intense and emotional

Linc and Tilly were friends and an accident claims the life of here brother fast forward four years now Linc is back bringing all Tilly’s pain back to the surface

My heart broke for both Tilly and Linc they were both in a bad place with grief and in Lincs case guilt Tilly has put her life on hold for her parents to help them through their grief Tilly wa
« previous 1 3 next »
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author.

UK native Natasha Preston grew up in small villages and towns. She enjoys writing contemporary romance, gritty Young Adult thrillers and, of course, the occasional serial killer.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk