Start by marking “After the End” as Want to Read:
After the End

After the End

.One fatal mistake changes Tilly and Linc’s lives forever.

After the tragedy, Linc and his family fled a town they were no longer welcome in.

Still grieving the death of her brother, Tilly’s world is rocked again when, three years later, Lincoln Reid has to come home.

Linc tries to stay away from Tilly, but once he sees her fighting feelings for him, he can’t stay in the shad
Published September 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about After the End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the End

Start your review of After the End
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
I fell in love with this book, and boy did I fall hard!

Natasha Preston has brought so much depth and emotion to Tilly and Lincoln's story, that I completely devoured this book in one sitting. I just couldn't get enough!

An emotionally beautiful story of tragedy, love, strength and so much more. A story worth getting lost in.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

This was an intense and beautiful story.I have many emotions while I was reading it.It kept my interest and I was aching for Tilly and Linc.

Their romance is heavy full of ansgt and intense.What a roller coaster, there wasn't a moment I felt it was boring, it was fast paced.

Overall it was a great read.

description

Courtney
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I have had read two of Natasha's books prior to this one and while I enjoyed the plots very much, I had a problem connecting to the characters. This time around, I was pleasantly surprised by how well I could feel these characters emotions and had more of connection to them.

After the End deals with some heavy and intense feelings. Everyone handles death in their own and at their own pace. There is no right or wrong way and I feel that Natasha handles this aspect well. However, there were at time
Coco.V
Mar 20, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (3/20/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Anne Milne
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis I knew this book was going to be emotional but I had no way of knowing the impact the words would have.

Lincoln and Tilly were friends who grew up nect door to each other, they were a group doing with their brothers. A tragic accident kills her brother and for the group of friends everything changes.The story picks up 4 years later when Lincoln comes home to sell his old home and old feelings start to surface.

I loved how the story focused on how the grief and loss touche
Kim Sutton
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of beta reading an early copy of this book.

Linc and Tilly’s story is an emotional one. They haven’t seen each other for four years, after a tragic accident claimed the life of her brother. Lincoln walked away from the accident. Now Linc is back and he’s opening up old wounds.

I felt so bad for Tilly. She has been a wreck since the accident and now she seems to have put her life on hold for her parents. When Linc comes back he brings back all the memories. She’s at war with her
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
After The End is a good emotional read. Lincoln and his family lived next door to Tilly's family. There was an accident that involved Lincoln, Lincoln's brother (Stanley), and Tilly's brother (Robbie). In the aftermath of everything, Lincoln's family moved away but didn't sell their house. Four years later Lincoln is back in town to fix up the house to sell. Both Lincoln and Tilly have the same friend circle so their paths can't help but cross. Both are still hurting. Lincoln carries guilt and ...more
Sophie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
4.5 beautiful, breathtaking stars.

Woah! Woah! Woah! If you're going to read this book, which you absolutely should, have tissues, LOTS OF THEM! After the End is as heart breaking as it is breathtaking.

Natasha's writing in After the End is flawless. Every word delivers heartbreak and pain and love and hope. The emotion that smacks you straight in the gut is over powering. You can't help but feel EVERYTHING in this book!!

After the End swept me off my feet and stole my heart! I loved it!
My Introvert Romance Blog
This hard for me, but I’d rather review than not review- this is a 3.5 star read for me. It was my first read my Natasha Preston and I’ll definitely read more of her books in future.

Beautiful writing and the subject matter was touching and Linc won my heart over and over- but Tilly, I just didn’t feel her completely. I understood her but still she was such a downer and the misplaced blame she harboured for Linc seemed to stretch on forever.

I love the secondary characters, the friendship group
Donna
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Where do I begin with this book. Firstly let me start by saying that this book is very well written and the subject was both haunting and extremely sad. But I felt that the author stretch this book a little to wide for me and this could have been told in half of the time. I felt the end was rushed and that could have been told more in-depth. As I am left with a lot of questions.

I loved Linc and Tilly. The other characters in this book played a huge part as well. The story did have a lot of good
Amanda
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You need to meet Tilly and Linc! I fell in love with their story. Natasha has written their story so well, you feel their pain, literally, when they hurt I had pains in my chest, when they were happy, you felt like hugging and cheering for them.

Four years after the accident, can Tilly forgive Linc for his part in her only brothers death? Can Tilly's parents move forward with seeing him again? Can Linc forgive himself? Take your ride on this emotional roller coaster and find out!
Lisa  Lyle
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I aboustely loved this book my heart broke for both tilly and linc they are both lovely people. Tilly and linc were bestfriends until that fatal night four years ago when tillys brother died . Linc blamed himself tilly blamed him and his brother linc and his family got driving out of town. Four years later linc is back in town to finish work on his house beford they can sell it. Tilly doesnt now how she feels again after seeing linc after all these years.
I couldnt put this book down i could fee
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
"I loved the story, I loved the plot and I loved the characters but overall I was comparing it to how I felt about Reliving Fate and as I said before every book has to live up or surpass that which is hard to do."

Full review at ABookHaven
Suey_Library
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour with InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

Oh my goodness - I am crushed.

Bring on the angst, intensely rollercoaster of emotions my furry friends because this one is a flipping doosey. What always makes for a good emotional read? Amazing characters with such crippling emotions. Ergo: After the End.

And speaking of these alluring, heavily emotional characters... oh my lanta give me all the feels. I don't know what parts tugged at m
Jan
An emotional story of love, loss, regrets and forgiveness.

You are immediately thrust into the sadness and loss within this story, Tilly losing not only her brother but after the devastation also her neighbour and childhood best friend when there is a fatal accident involving her brother.
Her friend Lincoln and his brother who was drunk while driving survived but Tilly's brother didn't. Lincoln's brother along with the family is shunned by the community and they have no choice but to mo
Ann (Literary Lust)
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book at 4am this morning because I simply could not put it down. This book is a story of two very good friends who are separated for a number of years after a horrific accident which changes both their lives forever. This story had my heart being squeezed more and more as I turned each page and witnessing the position that Tilly and Linc are in, I could empathise with them both and understand exactly why they acted as they did.
Tilly - my heart bled for her. Following one of the
Clare Harrison
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brother lost, taken to soon, devestation and  darkness destroying those left behind.

Hearts broken, a sky raining tears. Ambitions and dreams forgotten.

The heart and the mind at war with the present and the past.

Friends lost, circles made smaller. The future hazy and unclear.

What a truly emotional rollercoaster of a standalone!

So much depth, angst, inner turmoil I loved it all!! tissues were required to read this as I sniffled my way through each rich and atmospheric chapter.

Tilly so fragile
Becky Rendon
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the End is a trying and emotionally charged book. With a premise that is sure to make your heart squeeze and an H that will melt you like an ice cube on the HOT sidewalk, it hard to think about the end.

But the end already happened and this book is all about what's next! Heartfelt and troubled, After the End is all about guilt. Guilt for actions you can't change. Survivor's Guilt. Guilt marrying the life you have and preventing the life you want.

After the End is a real life romance - mean
Erin Reedy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! I love Natasha Preston’s writing style and thought this book was very well written!!

I love how she describes the main characters Tilly and Linc. The way she writes about their personalities and their physical appearances made it real easy and fun for me to imagine what the characters would look like in person.

I had such a hard time putting this book down once I picked it up. Once I started reading about Tilly’s story and all these emotions she was going through si
Sue Moore
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a range of emotions while reading this book, I was pulled into the story right from the beginning. Tilly didnt think she should have feelings for Lincoln Reid after what happened to her brother, she thought her parents would be upset so she fought her feelings until she no longer could, just as she admitted them to her mother and went to tell him that they had her parent's blessing the bad boy comes back. Altogether a really good book
Nicole
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Written

This was an amazing story of life, love, and forgiveness. Tilly and Linc had some major obstacles to overcome. Their journey was a very tough one, but to see them make it to the other side was FABULOUS!!! I am definitely a fan of this author's work.
Konny
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the End by Natasha Preston is a full length, standalone novel and let me tell you, this story gutted me to the core. There´s so much pain and grief, I had more than one ugly cry. You'll need tissues, consider you warned.

The day Tillie Drake's brother died in acar accident - her and her family's life changed irrevocably. Her dreams and goals aren´t important anymore and years later she´s still trapped in a maze of mourning. And then He comes back. He, that's Lincoln Reid, her brother's best
Renee Dickerson
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By far the best book I’ve ever read!!! Natasha Preston is amazing!!!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has to be one of the beat I've read by this author, she made me feel so many emotions during this book. I devoured it and highly recommend this story.
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Linc and Tully. They have such a traumatic last but the intense chemistry keeps pulling them together!
Keren Hughes
This is the first of Natasha Preston’s contemporary romances I’ve had the pleasure of reading, although, it wasn’t always a pleasure. At times, it was pretty rough going. Not because of her writing, but because of the subject matter.
Natasha’s thrillers are gritty, but this was gritty in a whole other sense.

Right off bat, this was always going to be a bittersweet story. The love, the loss, the grief, the utter devastation...it was all-consuming. You dive in and it swallows you whole.

My favouri
Skylar Nightingale
I loved this book. The writing was compelling from the first page. The characters were well developed, and the emotional impact hopped off the page. I read the blurb, I knew I would love this book. It was emotional, captivating, and heart wrenching. I highly recommend it!
Shonna
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! this is an epic read absolutely loved this love story this is a well thought out novel and I couldn’t put it down so intense and emotional

Linc and Tilly were friends and an accident claims the life of here brother fast forward four years now Linc is back bringing all Tilly’s pain back to the surface

My heart broke for both Tilly and Linc they were both in a bad place with grief and in Lincs case guilt Tilly has put her life on hold for her parents to help them through their grief Tilly wa
Aurelie Gordio
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a good book with a great story.
You will meet, Tilly, Lincoln and their friends.
There is a great friendship between them all even with everything that happened four years ago.
The story is well written.
The only thing I would say, it’s some part went on for too long and we had the same thing over and over : with Tilly struggling, going one step up and taking three step back...it was a bit annoying. I wanted to slap her!!!
Elise
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
W

O

W
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ghost Note
  • The Price of Mason (Forbidden Men, #10)
  • Bridget, Federal Protection (Iron Orchids, #9)
  • Like Father Like Son (Father/Son Duet #1)
  • The Book Boyfriend
  • Focused
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet #2)
  • A Life Less Broken
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Cherry Beats
  • Ruthless Love
  • Ride For Me (The North Shore Crew, #1)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Evil Love
  • El Diablo II
  • The Wrong Game
  • Liar Liar
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author of The Cellar and The Cabin. Romance and YA Thriller writer, boy mum, Tom Hardy enthusiast. Always buried in a book and a glass of wine.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk