Start by marking “Welcome to Morningtown” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Morningtown

Welcome to Morningtown

Greet the new day with the adorable animal families of Morningtown in this sweet, classically inspired picture book!

Welcome to Morningtown!

In Morningtown, animal families of all shapes and sizes are waking up to a shiny new day. They get up out of fluffy beds, hard beds, and secret beds. They hop, splash, and flutter through their morning routines, getting ready for whatev
Published June 4th 2019 by Bloomsbury Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Morningtown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Morningtown

Start your review of Welcome to Morningtown
Shaye Miller
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, simple book all about the joys of a young bear and his mother waking up and getting started in a new day. The pictures remind me of books I read when I was a child — so innocent and comforting. In the end, everyone is up… except for one. Can you guess who? The artwork for this book was created with pencil, watercolor, and gouache.

For more children's literature, middle grade literature, and YA literature reviews, feel free to visit my personal blog at The Miller Memo!
Hannah
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Perfect book for morning people like me . . . haha. It reminds you of all the great things about morning-time. Also, it is nice to have a book to read when you wake up. There are so many children's books about bedtime. We need more books like this. ...more
Miss Sarah
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A young bear and his houshold wake up and get ready for the day in this toddler and up book. Cute ending
Amy
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Celebrate the beauty of the morning with Morningtown. from their watery beds to the top of the trees, all the animals are happily waking up. They nibble their breakfast and brush their teeth, everyone is up but one.
In this charming story of waking up, readers will watch all the animals starting their days, but what happens when one animal won’t get up? You will have to read to find out!
Simple words, along with detailed pictures, opens the door for beginning reading and interacting.

For more of
Gabrielle Stoller
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I loved that this book showed all the different animals and their "living arrangements." Because everyone is different ;) It talks about the morning routine. It's cute.

The simplicity with words makes this a good beginning reader. But it's......okay.
Robin
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, humor
Delightful picture book with animals waking up and going through their morning routines. Highly recommended for ages 2-5.
Alice
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars
Y.Poston
delightful morning routine exploration
Caroline
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
An assortment of animal families starts their day with familiar routines — warm and joyful illustrations completed in pencil, watercolor, and gouache.
Lisa D
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute book! Loved it!
Raven Black
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet book about getting up in the morning. A few continuity issues for me, but overall good for the toddler crowd
Aeicha
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Morningtown is an absolutely adorable celebration of nature, family, and morning routines! With sweet, pitch-perfect text and heartwarming illustrations that feel very vintage and classic, this picture book will amuse and engage little readers.
Edward Sullivan
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Waking up in the morning has never looked so warm and joyful.
Karen
May 09, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Night Gardener
  • A Normal Pig
  • Girl, Stolen (Girl, Stolen #1)
  • Ghost Cat
  • White Bird
  • Hey, Dog
  • Pokko and the Drum

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »