Start by marking “His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)” as Want to Read:
His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)

His Best Man

(Accidental Roots #7)

Rod Beton and Travis Walker have known each other a long time; since the second grade when Rod was the new kid in town and Travis befriended him with Pokémon trading cards and a fruit snack. Apparently Rod’s easy. Since that day they've had each other's back's, bread and butter, biscuit and gravy...and so on.

Along the way, Rod fell in love with Travis. He's been hoping
ebook, 1st edition, 220 pages
Published September 28th 2018 by Dirty Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about His Best Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Best Man

Start your review of His Best Man (Accidental Roots, #7)
Simone
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, romance-drama
***3.5 - 4 Stars***

Seems like all criminal elements of Skagit, WA, took some time off and left the rest of this little town to live in peace for a short time. Okay, peace might stretch it a bit when you count in psychotic family members passing through, but overall the 7th installment in the Accidental Roots series was a cute little slow-burn friends-to-lovers story between Travis and Rod, ...

... the two sexy firefighters who already made an appearance in the previous book, with some bumps
Rachel Emily
I am sorry to say that this book just didn't really work for me. I think it was mostly due to the author's writing style (this is the first book I have read from this author), but plenty of other people seem to enjoy this story and this series, so I might chalk this up to a "it's not you, it's me" type of story.

I felt like I was being told what was going on through this whole story - that it was more of a summary of what was going on between Rod and Travis, rather than letting us get to
Ariana
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
It started out ok, but it soon became obvious that the blurb for this book is a bit misleading.
I had hoped for some kind of pining and slow burn and maybe some major heart searching on Travis's part and a story line that actually had something to do with a wedding, but got a complete pick-and-mix plot with no real romance.

An accident, an adopted granny and child, an FBI agent, a mother gone suddenly deranged, a robbery, a family reunited ... are only some of the people and events that keep the
Rach
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don Bradshaw
This story ticked most of my boxes. It had flaws but in the end I was grinning like a fool. The writing could have been smoother for me. I have not read any of the other books in this series so am not truly tuned in to Ms Keaton's writing style. Wonderful characters throughout that held my interest. I loved Otto and Michael. Gloria was my granma all over again.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Rod and Travis showed up at the Loft in book 6, forest firefighters and Rod has decided to stay in Skagit. Travis is heading home because he’s a total twit. Yeah, Travis annoyed me quite a bit until he finally pulled his head out to realize he really did love Rod. That was close to half the book. Then it picks up the pace. Several events and people appear, doing a lot hold my interest. Families and kids and friends offer all kinds of heartwarming feels, except for Travis’s mother. She
Nic
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable

Two best friends grew up together, college together firefighters together. One of the two decides he is going to get married. The other becomes upset and realizes he has no chance. It takes a little bit but these two besties finally got it together. I really liked all their friends and family and the make shift family they formed along the way. Cute, adorable story !!
Veronica
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I’ve been looking forward to Rod and Travis’ story since the first time they popped up in this series and it was worth the wait. Rod has been trying to work up the courage to tell his best friend Travis that he is in love with him. But when Travis suddenly announces his engagement to the girl next door, Rod pulls away from Travis and tries to get over him.

At first I loved how clueless Travis was. Everyone seems to be aware
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
Sep 09, 2018 marked it as 0-mm-books-i-own-and-need-to-read  ·  review of another edition
YES, PLEASE :-D!!!
Joyfully Jay
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

I was so excited to read this latest Accidental Roots series story. I’ve been reading and reviewing them here on the blog and I love everything about these books. I’ve often said I wished I could move to Skagit and become friends with all of the residents. While this is called an Accidental Roots book, it’s actually a stand alone taking place in the Accidental Roots universe. I think this is a great idea on the part of Elle Keaton, the author. Taking a successful
Carrie
Ugh, Travis pissed me off. That boy was sooooooo frustrating. Seriously dense. And then he made all these decisions for Rod while he was still in the hospital. Like canceling Rod's lease and buying a house. I mean he meant well, but at this point Rod didn't even know Travis had called off the wedding let alone that he was sticking around. Rod was all "I can't afford a house" and Travis was like "well I'm gonna live in it with you duh." Well no, never was it mentioned to Rod that Travis had left ...more
Kelley
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
The characters were flat and felt like they were written by someone who subscribes to the "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" theory. The men felt 2 dimensional, most of the complex emotional plot was glossed over or outright ignored because as guys, they 'aren't good at the emotional stuff' (my paraphrasing but that's the jist).
Felt like it could have been fun or sexy and instead was shallow and more synopsis than story.
Jenny Wood
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Travis and Rod. You tempt me with your hot cover!

I went into this hating Travis. Period.

What kind of person could hurt their best friend so badly? Rod had been in love with Travis for literally as long as he could remember. It was obvious to everyone, except Travis? Didn’t seem likely, mostly because he was supposedly this really smart guy with a head for numbers, but apparently he was clueless when it came to his best friend. The best friend who was rarely without him by phone or in person for
J.V. Speyer
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-reads
I was nervous about reading this one. I wasn’t nervous because it was likely to be bad in any way, but because I’ve been on this hockey-or-murder kick for a while and this cover didn’t suggest that either would be part of this particular work of fiction. And you all know how much I need my violence quotient in my entertainment.

There was no hockey. There was no murder. Well okay there was one murder but it wasn’t an essential part of the story, it bordered on fridging but we can talk about that
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars

I’ve been (im)patiently waiting for Travis and Rod’s story and Ms. Keaton didn’t disappoint me! I loved these guys, they may actually be my favorite couple from this series so far. While I wanted to knock their heads together in the beginning, I still absolutely adored them.

Friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and His Best Man was a great one. Travis and Rod fit together so well, and their chemistry was out of this world. I loved that after Travis finally made up his mind to
Tori Thompson
I enjoyed this one when I read it and gave it 4.5 stars. I was excited to see the author was dipping a toe into audio books... While I still liked the story, I didn't care for the narration, unfortunately. The enjoyment of voices is subjective, like all things, and I had a hard time with the tone of the narrator's voice. He was also on the fast side and I ended up slowing down the speed of the narration in the Audible app on my phone, when I usually like the speed a little faster.

But just
Susiej
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story.

When I started reading I thought I had an idea what was going to happen, but I was pleasantly proved wrong. There were twists and turns along the way that I really didn't expect and side characters that I would love to hear more about. The epilogue was perfect and made me cry happy tears. Elle Keaton is a new author to me and I'm looking forward to reading more from her.
Jenn (not Lily)
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was pretty damn sweet. Less mystery and more get-your-head-out-of-your-ass-because-you're-in-love-with-your-best-friend.
Tori Thompson
Check www.lovebytesreviews.com for my release day review!
Kristina
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
His Best Man (Book 7)- 4 Stars: [Rod and Travis] I was wondering when Rod and Travis would get their crap together, while I hated how it happened I was so happy when it all was ok.
Esther Jones
Cute, but...

I liked Rod and Travis, but the plot was so contrived. Dialogue was often awkward and weird, like: no one talks like that. And the big climax was so out there and forced. And then it just wrapped up neatly with a bow. Ugh.
Love Bytes Reviews
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5 heart review by Tori (Vicki)

Oh Rod and Travis… You drove me crazy!

These guys first appeared in another book in this series, as they hung out at The Loft, a gay bar in Skagit Washington. Cam, the bartender, watched the train wreck as an outsider and could see what these two didn’t see. Or at least what Travis didn’t see. What Travis failed to see was that his best friend Rod had been in love with him for years.

Travis is from an old farming family in Walla Walla (a city so nice they named it
Heather
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In His Best Man we finally get to see Rod Beton and Travis Walker, who we briefly met in Unforgivable when they came into the bar where Cam worked, have their story told. As you can imagine it isn't all roses and rainbows for the pair(it would be a pretty dull and short pamphlet if it was easy).

Poor Rod has long since been in love with his friend Travis and just as he's worked up the courage to talk to him about it he finds himself being asked to be Travis' best man. You just want to bundle Rod
ButtonsMom2003
Best friends to lovers - one of my favorite tropes.

I've read most of the books in the Accidental Roots series and I loved all of them. His Best Man is book 7 and the first audiobook that the author has released in this series. It totally stands alone with no problem so don't be afraid to jump right in and listen to or read it.

Friends-to-lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes; another is second chance. His Best Man definitely is a friends-to-lovers story and it also kind of fits as a second
Terri
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my review of the audiobook:

Rod and Travis have been best friends for most of their lives, and Rod has been secretly in love with Travis for most of that time. The men fight fires together during fire season; then Travis works his family's farm, and Rod drives a school bus the rest of the year. They bicker and snark at each other, but neither takes it personally. These are all very good things.
I liked Rod and Travis, though the early part of the book made Travis come off as completely
Xanthe
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful contemporary romance. From the first page you're drawn into the characters and the emotions that they are going through.
Rod's unrequited love for his best friend and the surprise engagement announcement by Travis causes Rod to run back home, ignoring contact and trying to just move on with life. Travis has no idea what's going on with his relationships both with his best friend and his "fiancee". After taking time, and advice from his sister, he finally decides what is right for him
Aly D. Mills
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Elle Keaton’s that I’ve read and I’m always a bit skeptical when starting with a new author. His Best Man had a slow start and I wasn’t sure I was going to stick with it. However, once the characters were in the same location, the pacing and plot picked up and became much more engaging.

Travis and Rod have been friends since childhood and they have always harbored a romantic love for each other. However, due to a number of circumstances and insecurities, they have never
Amy Dufera
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Best Man is proof that Elle Keaton's Accidental Roots series just keeps getting better. Damn, I just loved this seventh book in the series.

It's a beautiful slow burn friends to lovers romance that starts with Travis asking Rod to be the best man at his wedding. As Rod's long loved Travis, ouch! Rod's pain was real and I could feel it as if it was my own.

I'm not sure why I loved this book, but I did. I had to read it in one sitting, not able to wait to see what happens. Maybe it's the
Linda Lee
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new to me author and whilst I enjoyed the book, it felt a bit flat. The storyline was engaging and the characters were varied and endearing. This could of been a really good book, but I felt the characters and story lacked depth. I was left wanting more info about the characters. It seemed that the engagement was simply an arrangement between Travis and Lisa. Why not, let’s do this, seemed like a good idea, let’s tell the family. Was there a ring, because I would of thought she’d of
Annie Elm

Travis and Rod has been best friends since they were nine years old and Rod has been in love with Travis since he discovered that he liked guys. Afraid of messing up the friendship Rod never told Travis and it isn't until Travis announces his engagement to the girl next door that everything changes.
It takes Rod leaving, his sister setting him straight and him missing Rod to get Travis to understand that the love he has for Rod might be more than friendship.

There's a lot going on beside

• Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Surprise Groom (Marital Bliss, #1)
  • Where Nerves End (Tucker Springs #1)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Ride Me (Jaded Ivory #2)
  • I've Got You (True-Blue, #2)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Out in the Offense (Out in College, #3)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • Bone to Pick (Digging Up Bones, #1)
  • Stand In Place
  • All for Wesley (Pineapple Grove #2)
  • Tallowwood
  • The Note (Love in O'Leary #2.5)
  • Prescription for Love (Road to Blissville, #7)
  • First Light (Heartsville, #2)
  • All I Want Is You
Author/imaginator & photographer (also rare Pacific Northwest Native), Elle grew up in Seattle, WA., with the Cascade Mountain range to the east and Olympics to the west.

Elle shares her life with between three to five cats (depending on who's counting), an extremely patient fiancé and a flock of young adults. She's lived in four US states, London England, and Hong Kong; always knows what time

Accidental Roots (8 books)
  • Storm Season (Accidental Roots, #1)
  • No Pressure (Accidental Roots,  #2)
  • Spring Break (Accidental Roots, #3)
  • As Sure As The Sun (Accidental Roots, #4)
  • River Home (Accidental Roots #5)
  • Unforgivable (Accidental Roots, #6)
  • When It Rains (Accidental Roots, #8)