Start by marking “Eternal Seas (The Relic Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eternal Seas (The Relic Hunters, #1)

Eternal Seas

(The Relic Hunters #1)

Such a small parcel shouldn't cause experienced smugglers much trouble, but this parcel is far from normal.

Lost and scared after a violent storm, Finn and his sister, Aria, take shelter on a remote island. They discover the parcel contains a relic belonging to a long forgotten people. Locked inside are powers which will change their lives, and the world, forever.

As Finn re
Published September 28th 2018 by Troubador Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Seas

Start your review of Eternal Seas (The Relic Hunters, #1)
Whispering Stories
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Finn and Aria are brother and sister with special powers that they are just learning about. They live out at sea on a boat with their father who is a smuggler, their mother has been missing for a long time and no-one knows why or how she disappeared.

The children’s father is given a job to collect a parcel from one island and delivery it to another. He has been told that he will need Finn to help him locate the parcel. It would seem though that
Dash fan
5☆ A Swashbuckling Fantasy Adventure

Eternal Seas is a beautifully illustrated middle grade children's fantasy adventure Book which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Although the book is aimed at middle grade I think it's a perfect shared read for younger readers. It also makes for a great discussion.

Finn and Aria, live with their father on his boat. There is something very special about the them,as they discover they have exciting magical powers.

Their father is a smuggler and he is about to lead the
MadOnReading
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was delighted to get the opportunity to read an early copy of this book--huge thanks to the author and publisher.

This is the first MG novel I've read in over a year (as I usually read and review YA and adult), but as soon as I'd read the first couple of pages, I knew I was going to love it. This is such an action-packed fantasy tale, perfect for fans of Harry Potter who are looking for a magical, nautical adventure.

What really struck me about the prose was the sea imagery. It really is beaut
Ejayen
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Family in this book, I love them. The parents almost perfectly walk the fine line between protecting, their kids and letting them fulfill their destiny.
Most of the magic is elemental, but there was a "witch doctor".
Elaine
This is the first book in a new series for middle grade readers and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It is a fantasy adventure with brother and sister, Finn and Aria, sailing with their father who is a smuggler. Their mother is missing and you don't initially know why so I'm not going to spoil it by telling you! With instructions to retrieve and deliver a small parcel as their next job, it shouldn't be too difficult. However, there are forces attempting to steal it and danger around. As the youngsters e ...more
Christina Reid
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Review to come as part of the blog tour!
Jéssica
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
"Eternal Seas" follows the lives and adventures of a brother and sister duo, Finn and Aria, in a quick and fun pace that is not only engaging and exciting, it's also a rollercoaster of actions and storytelling that left me dreaming and feeling like I was a kid in a fantasy world and enjoying the adventure with the characters.

It's the first book in the The Relic Hunters Series so I know that there is so much more to discover in the magical world that we have just entered with this book. So, yes..
Asha - A Cat, A Book, And A Cup Of Tea
Eternal Seas follows Finn and Aria, a brother and sister who live on a boat with their father, a smuggler. They are instantly likeable, and I loved that the book opens with them happily bickering and teasing each other – it’s such a well-written sibling relationship. I think I’ve mentioned before that I tend to prefer a female protagonist in my kids books, but although Finn is the lead here, Aria is well-rounded enough and active enough that she is definitely not relegated to sidekick!

Once the m
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
inn, Aria and their father are smugglers.  They live on a boat and collect and deliver parcels for a living across seas.  One day they are asked to deliver a parcel for a mysterious customer and so begins an adventure that will change their lives forever.

I absolutely adored this audiobook for children aged 7-12 (ish).  I think it's a brilliant introduction to fantasy writing for young children and I'm sure they'll love the adventure and pirate feel to the book.

Eternal Seas is set  in a world ali
Jessica Belmont
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m kind of obsessed with Eternal Seas. This is a middle grade book told from Finn’s point of view. With a theme of good vs evil, this book is fast paced and held my attention almost the way through.

Finn and Aria are great characters. I love their sibling bond, it feels real. Finn is headstrong and determined. He is brave, and he has some humor in his personality too. Aria is also very brave, and she also takes on the, almost homemaker role – making sure Finn and her father have what they need.

O
Kate
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Eternal Seas is a children’s novel, following the adventures of Finn and his sister Aria as they race across the seas to deliver an unusual parcel. The story is told from Finn’s point of view – he’s a boy of around 12-13 years old who is just discovering he has magical powers, which include the ability to talk to sea creatures. His father is an experienced smuggler and the family live aboard a boat travelling from port to port. Their mother went missing several years ago and with every new port ...more
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019

I managed to listen to this book in one sitting, as it is only 3 hours long but in those 3 hours, you are swept along in the fast lane on an adventure like no other. Delivering a parcel, which Finn and Aria have been told DO NOT OPEN, by their father reveals so many secrets that they did not know. Plus obviously, the parcel was opened!

This relic they are transporting is not any normal relic but one that Finn has a true affinity for. It calls to him, where their travels across the seas.

This is a
Joni Janice Mielke
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this even though it's a story aimed towards children, and I'm not one. I was positively struck by the way the author marries ages-old traditions of sailing and smuggling with modern technology and contemporary landmarks - particularly in her London descriptions. This is nothing less than a delightful, clean story of adventure, self-discovery, identity, friendship and family ties that go deeper than blood. Christopher Dickins' narration is excellent, and is a perfect match for th ...more
Gem ~ Bee
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant start to a fantastic MG fantasy series

This MG fiction is crammed with compelling adventure, mystical fantasy, family and peril.

The young explorers, Finn and Aria, demonstrate bravery as their quest unfolds and their secrets are revealed. I also learned quite a bit about boats and sailing as we read through the book.

This story is ideal for confident readers aged 7+ with short chapters and a few illustrations. I took it in turns with my 11 year old to read this aloud to each other and
Lucy-May
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Eternal Seas is aimed at middle grade children but I’d say it’s definitely for the younger side of that age bracket; the story is good & has lots of mystery within its plot, however the writing is simplistic & I never really felt the need to continue with the story. Young children just getting into reading will love the twists within the story though, & I’m sure the rest of the series will be just as exciting for young readers as the first.

I was sent this book in return for an honest review for
DubaiReader
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible, young-adult, tbc, 2019
An exciting children's adventure.
I really enjoyed this children's book, even though I'm well above its target age of 5-7 years. It was full of atmosphere and adventure and I look forward to my grandchildren being old enough for me to read it to them.

Finn and Aria live with their smuggler father on the high seas. He collects and delivers parcels and the children travel with him. Their mother has been gone for quite a while and they both miss her.
The parcel they are collecting this time, is from
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eternal Seas by Lexi Rees
Read: 4th-6th October 2018
Blog: 7th October 2018

I don't normally review children's books, although I do spend much time trying to find books to appeal to my son. As he fits the target age for Eternal Seas he's been reading along with me and offers some of his own thoughts which I've included.

Finn and Aria live an idyllic life with their father, Ragnar aboard the Alcina. However, when they sail to Izmarli to pick up a parcel, both children are wary because it isn't a safe
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a Great story for both Teens and parents to enjoy!

The characters are well crafted to have a variety of personalities which go well together, and create a dynamic that is teasing and fun throughout the story.

Although my daughter is nearly 3, she loves having story time, and this only took so long to get through because we were reading it a couple of chapters at a time.

She was riveted to the tale whenever It was being read, and asking questions constantly, what toddler doesn’t? But she lo
Rachel (Rae)
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really intrigued when I saw the description for Eternal Seas and was eager to start reading and see where the story took me. The writing is descriptive and easily sets the scene as we follow Finn and Aria on their journey. Even though this story is classed as a children's book I feel that it would appeal to both younger and older readers. It reminded me of some of the adventure stories I read when I was younger, giving me a lovely nostalgic feeling! Along with bringing something new and di ...more
Nicola Parkinson
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Imagine what life must be like on the open seas, smuggling treasures to the unknown…… What if you suddenly became the treasure?!

This is what Aria and Finn must face in this action packed adventure book. They have to trust the untrustableand hope the ines they do trust dint turn on them for their own gain. This book is quickly paced and has you turning those pages time and time again, in fact I was shhhh’d multiple times while my daughter read this book….

What do you want for tea?

Shhhhhh!

Do you ha
S.E. Anderson
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you want a thrilling, fast-paced, adventure novel, then Eternal Seas is for you! The book is incredibly fast-paced, with a fantastic villain and a great good versus evil plotline.

Even though this book is written for middle-grade readers, it can easily be enjoyed by readers of any age. The plot is exciting and compelling for anyone who likes a good adventure with a hint of magic sprinkled in. Finn and Aria are fantastic protagonists that anyone can relate to, as they struggle to make sense of
S. Meredith
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of action and story in this slim book! Finn and Aria live with their father on a boat, sailing the seas, delivering packages from one port to another. But there is something peculiar about the next pick up they have to make. With the instructions come revelations for Finn and Aria. Now they will discover the truth about who they are and who they are meant to be...

This was a great book to read with a young child or reluctant reader. The descriptive text is beautiful, and creates st
Em Jackson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. Wow. Wow. Eternal Seas is a fantastic debut novel by Lexi Rees. The Middle School fantasy novel follows Finn and Aria on their adventures as they try to decipher the mystery surrounding a parcel their smuggler father had to pick up and deliver, and discover who they really are.
The world we're submerged in is beautiful, and the mythos is wonderfully thought out. I want to avoid any spoilers, but Lexi has taken classic fantasy and made it accessible to a younger audience.
The pacing was a litt
Donna Maguire

This was a really fun read and a great start to the series!

The story flowed really well, it has some great characters and best of all, it is great fun to read.

It has really good characterisation and I think the main characters could easily become firm favourites!

Five stars from me – a thoroughly enjoyable story and a well written fantasy novel – very highly recommended!!
Sabrina
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finn's family are smugglers, but since his mother disappeared it's just him, his father and his sister Aria. This time, the parcel they have to pick up and deliver is much more mysterious than usual. And when Finn realises he has a strange connection to it, his whole world changes.
A mystical world full of wonder, including my favourite, a magical stall that disappears as soon as you've bought something!
This book was aimed at a younger audience than I was expecting but once I still really enjoyed
Catherine
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was extremely lucky to have received an ARC copy of this book from the author and was a joint read with my 9 year old son.
We both thought this was a fabulous fantasy read that was so hard to put down! The journey of Finn and Aria has us completely gripped and engulfed throughout this magical plot.
It was magnificently written with marvelous and appropriate illustrations which my son absolutely loved!
Lexi Rees created a wonderful adventure that we instantly felt part of which finished with a a
Kel
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed by my 11 year old daughter

I loved Eternal Seas because of the suspense and plot twists, I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next in this great story.

My favourite character was Pippin because she was funny and kind of mysterious.

Eternal Seas is one of my favourite books since I read Holes last year and I would happily recommend it to my friends
Andrea
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed by my 14 year old son:-) : What a lovely book. It was so creative and gripping. The storyline was fab with a cliffhanger at the end. The characters were believable and I could relate to Finn!! Can't wait for the next book by Lexi Rees.
Sapna Chamaria
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read by my 10 year old boy who got hooked on by just reading the blurb. He finished it in two days time and loved the story plot and characters. The only negative according to him was that it was too short and got over too quickly! He can’t wait for the next instalment!
Jennifer Gilmour
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with an open mind and with the blurb not giving too much away it left me intrigued.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I was left wanting to know what happens next at the end of each chapter. It was an easy read for me and my eight year old found it was right for her to be able to read with no trouble and only questions about what could happen next. It feels that Lexi has got her writing perfect for her target audience.

The book shimmered reminders of Moana, Harry Potter and Pokerm
« previous 1 3 next »

• Storm at Keizer Manor
  • The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • Awake The Series
  • The Life We Almost Had
  • Space Dragons
  • The Dilemma
  • Rumblestar (The Unmapped Chronicles, #1)
  • An Artisan Lovestyle (The Lovestyle Series # 2)
  • What Lies Between Us
  • The Memory Wood
  • Inheritance of Secrets
  • The Waiting Rooms
  • A Tangled Web
  • The Snow Killer (DI Barton, #1)
  • The Soul Killer (DI Barton, #2)
  • The Strange Book of Jacob Boyce
  • One Of Us Is Lying
  • The Apartment
Lexi Rees was born in Scotland but now lives down south. She writes action-packed adventures and workbooks for children.

The Relic Hunters #1, Eternal Seas, was awarded a “loved by” badge from LoveReading4Kids.

She’s passionate about developing a love of reading and writing in children and has an active programme of school visits, workshops and other events, is a Book PenPal for three primary scho