Start by marking “Love Like Water (Hearts in Hendricks, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Like Water (Hearts in Hendricks, #1)

Love Like Water

(Hearts in Hendricks #1)

Two Hearts. One Tour Bus. Is There Room Enough for Love?

After losing her job, Darcy Conti takes a tour guide position at Sturgeon Widows Tours, a quirky family-run business in the small town of Hendricks on the shores of Lake Superior. As she settles into her new role narrating local history excursions, she fights an undeniable attraction to the man she was hired to
Published August 17th 2018 by Dawn Malone

To ask other readers questions about Love Like Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Like Water

Start your review of Love Like Water (Hearts in Hendricks, #1)
Lucinda
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Great writing and engaging characters. Looking forward to more in the series.
Stephanie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally ... a romance novel that doesn’t include the words wet, moist or hard This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I am eager to read more. This is a 4 book series so off I go to read to the next! ...more
Jannifer
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What more could you ask for? A clean and wholesome romance set on the North Shore of Lake Superior, "Love Like Water" is a heartwarming and feel-good story about Darcy and Sean, who seem to be total opposites, but end up falling in love. Hop on a bus with Darcy and Sean to take a Sturgeon Widows Tour in the small tourist town of Hendricks and its surrounding landmarks and watch the romance unfold, despite a few roadblocks along the way! Looking forward to reading the next book in the Hearts in ...more
Melissa Hayford
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun romance

The setting for this story is amazing! I love the outdoors and now I really want to visit Hendricks and hike all the trails and hang out on the beach. This is a fun romance. Sean and Darcy have great chemistry. I enjoyed them, as well as the supporting characters in this book. I wish, however that there had been more about Sean and Darcy's relationship. I still have questions, and I'm hoping they'll be answered in the next book.
NaDell
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tour bus with a giant fish on it. Sounds like a fun job, right? Not quite what the main character planned on doing, but because the B&B she was working at as an event planner decided to sell, she's got to find something or move to another town.
Mary-Margaret Simpson
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This picturesque romance was a soothing balm to my very stressed self. I fell deep inside the setting (Wisconsin, on Lake Superior) and was charmed by the main characters. Anyone who has ever lived in a resort community will identify with the intersecting lives that make that kind of community both wonderful and a little claustrophobic. Quirky Wisconsin was never so wonderfully described and the "conflict" is believable. I kept thinking of Stars Hollow in "Gilmore Girls" which is my regular ...more
Melissa Durbin
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of romance novels. They are a guilty pleasure and, when done well, leave me with the warm fuzzies.

Love Like Water is a cute story with believable and well-rounded characters. There is a slight twist on the broken-hearted-boy and it is refreshing that, of the two, the girl comes out as the stronger character. Even the 'villain' of the story is a little bit likable...but just a little.

I love that this is the first in a series. I grew attached to the characters and want to see what
Bookconfessions
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a cute quick read. The author did a good job of creating tension in the plot pulling in a lot of fun side characters as well. The one thing I would’ve liked to see more of was the development of Darcy and Sean’s relationship. The author wrote the physical connection between the characters really well, and even showcased their common interests, however there wasn’t a ton of communication between them. The relationships that are the most fun to read are those that convey a connection on ...more
Carolyn Strong
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable trip through a small town

I thoroughly enjoyed living through the experiences of the two main characters in this book. They clearly are at home in the small town where she discovers him. The plot was full of surprises and unpredictable twists. A feel good book with surprises is fun to read to the last page.
Carolyn
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Lodge on the Lake

Darcy works as an event planner/maid/part-manager of a bed and breakfast. Now that the owners must sale, she becomes a tour guide for Sturgeon Widows Tours. A spark between her and Sean, one of the owners could complicate life and work. A fun read and sweet story. Recommend.
Morgan Nebistinsky
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Eh. Much shorter than I expected. It was cute, but the love story was a little lackluster. They barely spend any time together as a couple and then after the typical drama that temporarily derails the relationship they are suddenly in love and have moon beams in their eyes. Not an entirely believable or interesting romance.
Jacque Stengel
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, romance
I loved this short sweet romance. The scenes of the outdoors were great and I can't wait to see what the other people in the area are like with the sequels. The only complaint was the romance could have been a little more fleshed out, it went really fast. Overall a solid recommendation!
MaryEllen
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Believable, rounded characters, not perfect, but not horribly flawed.
The romance was slow and sweet.

The story was well written. I love that it involved history... but I might be a bit biased. My dad was a tour bus driver for 25 years, often driving and acting the guide.
Meg
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The hero was really annoying to me! He assumed things, didn’t ask about it to clear things up, and had a very crappy response to his misunderstanding. If I was his girl, I wouldn’t have much patience for his bull crap.
Sara Jo
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
A decent novel but too short. The climax and resolution happened far too rapidly and felt out of place with the cadence of the rest of the story.
K-Lanie
3.5 ...more
Emyli Floyd Quain
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read, local scenery was painted very nicely. I want to go here now!
Kristen
Jan 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Perfectly Played
  • It's Not PMS, It's You
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Miss Match (No Match for Love #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • The Peaceful Season (Melinda Foster, #3)
  • Beautifully Baked
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • Play Dirty
  • Falling for Her Foe
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • Dirty Laundry (J.J. Graves Mystery #5)
  • The Silence of the Flans (Emergency Dessert Squad Mystery, #2)
  • A Brazen Curiosity (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #1)
  • The Marriage Clock
  • Love Lettering
  • A Royal Christmas Princess
D.E. Malone writes sweet contemporary romance and is the author of the Hearts in Hendricks series. She also writes for the middle grades under Dawn Malone, and is the author of BINGO SUMMER and THE UPSIDE OF DOWN. Her work has appeared in Highlights for Children, Pockets, and the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. She loves traveling to places off the beaten path which inspire the small-town ...more

Hearts in Hendricks (4 books)
  • Love Like Fire (Hearts in Hendricks, #2)
  • Love Like Air (Hearts in Hendricks #3)
  • Love Like Forever (Hearts in Hendricks, #4)