Start by marking “Elemental Power (Ridley Kayne Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elemental Power (Ridley Kayne Chronicles, #2)

Elemental Power

(Ridley Kayne Chronicles #2)

Family secrets, powerful magic, a slow-burn romance ...

Ridley Kayne has discovered she’s not alone.

There are others with magic just like hers. Those who are also hunted by the Shadow Society.

Elementals.

With Archer’s help, Ridley sets out to find the other elementals living in Lumina City.

They’ll have to be careful not to draw the attention of the Shadow Society or the
Published November 7th 2018 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elemental Power

Start your review of Elemental Power (Ridley Kayne Chronicles, #2)
Maria Elena | _mkarys
I really enjoyed this second instalment of the Ridley Kayne Chronicles so much! Archer and Ridley are such a wonderful dynamic duo and I love it when they work together. Do I ship them? Of course I do! The two have a couple of swoon-worthy moments that really made me giggle in the middle of the night. Archer, I love you! He's my favorite Rachel Morgan man right next to Ryn.

I also really liked the new characters, Malachi and Callie. I hope we continue seeing them in the next book. I did miss M
Whisper
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good!! I’m impatiently waiting for the third book!! Love this series and anything written by Rachel Morgan. She really knows how to draw you into the book and make you feel that you’re apart of it.
Charlotte
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read. This is my review in progress as I'm still reading. Will update once finished.

I like to get my review out there, especially if I like a book.

I highly recommend.
Carol
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
AHHH, I adored this one! The action, Archer and Ridley's relationship progressing, her dad being amazing AND we get to know more about the Shadow Society and the Elementals! ...more
Novel Grounds
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I need for Rachel to NEVER stop writing novels, ever. Each and every one of her novels is a complete binge read for me and as soon as I get to the end it is devastating because it means I have to wait for more.

Ridley is my spirit animal. She is full of life and fights for what she believes in.

Then there is Archer. Me and Archer need to have words. At the end of the day though I adore Archer. I loved what him and Ridley were doing and all hat they went though in this novel, well it has left me on
Emma
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Super happy to be back in this world and start to learn more and more about how it works.
I liked watching Ridley continue to grow in this one, she seems to finally begin accepting what and who she is which was great to see. I like Archer as a character as well though with so much mystery still around him I really hope we get to see more in the next one.

Great addition of some extra characters and I really hope we get to see more from them but also hear their story.

I like the magic system as well,
Jennay Amber
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The sequel to Elemental Thief has done it's job successfully in carrying on the Ridley Kane Chronicles. I enjoyed where the story took the characters as well as the character development that took place. In terms of being the sequel in a trilogy (I think it's a trilogy?) it has that 'bridge' sort of feeling that 'second books' sometimes have in that they serve as the link between the first and the last book in a series, but that is their role so I can't really begrudge it that. The world Rachel ...more
Amanda
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an ARC and I'm so glad I did!

This second installment of the Ridley Kane series was fantastic! I loved getting to read more interactions between her and Archer and having Ridley come more into her own with her magic. There's a few great twists and surprises, some of which, truly are surprises. I liked how the reader gets to know a bit more of Archer--through various people, some of his background, and getting more information on what he did for that year he was away from the city. I l
Christina Balaz
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait to get started on book 2 of the Ridley Kayne Chronicles, especially after how good book 1 was and the way that one ended. This book had everything you can want - magic, emotions, a great storyline and a little romance. I absolutely love Archer and Ridley together, especially the start of their blossoming relationship and how well they work together (I was definitely a huge fangirl over them). I can’t wait to find out more about Archer.
This is another series by Rachel that I coul
Chris
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Power is a fabulous follow up to Elemental Thief! Ridley Kayne had quickly become one of my favorite characters I've read this year in the first book. I loved her personality, her stubbornness and need to do what she could to help people. I enjoyed her interactions with Archer and looked forward to seeing where that would end up. Well, Elemental Power doesn't disappoint at all. It's an amazing progression for Ridley's character in so many aspects. With a secret twist in the beginning, ...more
Cheryl
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Elemental Power is a great sequel to Elemental Thief that advances the Ridley Kayne story and explores the hidden world of Elementals that Ridley suddenly finds herself a part of. There are lots of scenes with Ridley and Archer working together, which always makes for interesting banter between the two.
I enjoyed the mysterious atmosphere of the first book and the questions regarding Ridley's power and the city's secret underground society. The sequel answers a lot of those questions by bringing
Dana Jackson-lange
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 finds Ridley in her senior year of high school. Ridley discovers lost family, and she starts to discover her own magic. She still must hide her magic from the world, but Ridley has decided she is going to try and find other elementals. Ridley and Archer become closer as they hunt down others. One party with the City’s richest, one famous elemental, and everything comes crashing coming down. Ridley and her father are on the run. Will Ridley and her group make it out in time, or will they b ...more
Sabrina
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Apart from a short prologue, the book lands right where it left off in book 1. Ridley and her father finally open up to one another, gradually getting all the secrets out in the open, including Ridley's former 'hobby' of thief! With Archer's help, Ridley actually meets other Elementals like her and learns how to use her magic properly.
Ridley is just the right combination of mature, brave and also typical teenager, particularly when her Dad is around. I really enjoyed this second book and I'm alr
Marina :)
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
- I was given an eARC by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you again, Rachel! -

It was really great and fun going back into this world, meeting new as well as old characters and following their story throughout this second book.
Basically, I really loved this book! However, I found the first half of it to be a bit slow-paced (which might be blamed on me reading this book for several months already and not reading it in one sitting) but as soon as I crossed the 50% mark I couldn’t
Astrid Rudloff
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily review an ARC.
This is the second book of the Ridley Kayne Chronicles, the books should be read in order.
Another book I couldn't put down. An impeccable writing style, a captivating storyline, a relatable development of the characters and interesting settings make you forget where you are and dive deep within the magical world of Ridley and Archer. I loved the sweet romance and the addition of new characters.
Some of the questions of the first book are answered, new mysteries make me
Jan farnworth
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying this new dystopian urban fantasy world that Rachel Morgan has created.  A world that had magic but has no been banished, a world where certain characters not only can use magic but they are magic.   Each book is action packed and keeps you well entertained in what is happening in the story.  In book two secrets are out now and our characters are now on the run by the end of the story your well set up for book three where all is to revealed and magic is no longer gonna be a secret ...more
Laetitia
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
As always, Rachel Morgan's writing captivated me and brought me into this amazing magical world!
The character development and introduction of the new characters was inspired. I love how realistic the romance is with it's speed; none of this falling in love within a chapter that seems to be popular in books these days. I love the banter and the humor of Ridley and Archer!
Also, although this is technically YA fantasy, the writing
Jenny Beuerman
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

Rachel Morgan knows how to spin a tale! I love everything she has released and Elemental Power is no different. The continued adventure of Ridley Kayne finding her way in a semi dystopian world was superb. I loved the banter between the characters, particularly Archer and Ridley. I am excited for the next installment and getting to find out what Ridley's part in the future will be.
Sarah Martinson
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Morgan never fails to entrance me with her writing, and Elemental Power is no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this book, from the slow burning romance, to the fast paced plot, and to the building anticipation that *something* was coming. I love her use of realistic and relatable characters, characters that I feel I got to know through the writing. I very highly recommend this novel!
Susanna Barnard
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful series

I actually really enjoyed this book, even though I'm a forty-something mom. I have three girls who will be teenagers soon, and started this series with the intention of seeing if it would be something they would like. Answer is yes! It's a bit futuristic for my usual tastes, but I loved the story, the pace, the intrigue, the imagination required to picture this world, the slow burn romance of the characters, and the good clean fun of it all.
Terra
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. This is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite series. In order to avoid spoilers I will just say that the storyline is fast paced without compromising character development (not easy to do). The action keeps you on the edge of your seat and the interpersonal interactions.......*sigh* love, love, LOVE this book!!!!
Malinda
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing adventure

Ridley finds herself continuing on her adventure, making new friends, and learning more about the magic that resides underneath her skin. Captivating, so much so that I *almost* got in trouble at work because I could. Not. Put. It. Down. Author Rachel Morgan did it again and reaffirmed her place as one of my favorite YA authors.
Eliza Jones
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My new favorite series!!!

The first book was amazing, but this one was really freaking awesome! I'm so glad Archer and Ridley are a thing, and the magic? So cool. Rachel Morgan's books have always had a special place in my book lover's heart, but this series even more so.
Katta Venkata
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic two...!

Waiting fir fantastic three..!
Rachel mam I am following since creepy hollow. I love Ridley character after my favourite Voilet fairdale...!
Please release the next book as soon as possible.
Waiting..!
Gabrielle Finney
This book is amazing!! Fun ready that keeps you on your toes. Loved the development of established characters and the introduction of new characters. This book answers questions from the last book but leaves with a ton of questions for the next book!
Angie Taylor
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!! The magic was fascinating. The character and relationship development was well thought out and paced perfectly. I loved Ridley’s personal journey, learning to “let go” and become one with the elements. So fun! Another huge win for Rachel Morgan!!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Fantabulous! I loved this continuation! It was thrilling and entertaining. Archer and Ridley are fun to read and their chemistry sexy! I can’t wait to see where the story goes from here and learn more about the elementals and magic!
Wendi Wilson
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good!

Great follow up to book one. Ridley 's adventure continues, the risks rising even higher. The shadow society is closing in, and every time she thinks she's safe...bam! Full of action, suspense, magic, and budding romance, this book had it all!
Ellen
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*
I'm falling in love with this series. I really liked the development of the story.
The characters are growing constantly as you're reading, unexpected events hidden in the pages. Before you know it you're at the end of the book, waiting for the next book.
Mary-Anne Finlay
Another great adventure!

Thank goodness there is another book! I thought there were only two and was starting to wonder how everything would tie together!

I enjoyed this book a lot. But I can't seem to find Elemental Heir! I'm guessing it's not published yet?

• Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • Crown of Danger (The Hidden Mage, #2)
  • One Witch Too Few (The Witch Next Door, #1)
  • The Sorcery Trial (The Faerie Race #1)
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • The Elemental Trial (The Faerie Race #2)
  • A Wicked Raven (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #4)
  • Wicked Blood (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #5)
  • Hell Storm (The Vampire's Mark, #2)
  • As Wicked As They Come (University of Morgana: Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #6)
  • Dark Reign (The Vampire's Mark, #1)
  • Cold Flame (Royal States, #7)
  • Crown of Power (The Hidden Mage, #4)
  • Of Sea and Song (Daughters of Eville #3)
  • The Price for Peace (Royal Factions #1)
  • Cold Heir (The Vampire's Mark, #3)
  • Abyss (Return of the Elves, #5)
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

Ridley Kayne Chronicles (3 books)
  • Elemental Thief (Ridley Kayne Chronicles #1)
  • Elemental Heir (Ridley Kayne Chronicles, #3)