Start by marking “Christmas with the Band (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas with the Band (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #3.5)

Christmas with the Band

(Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll #3.5)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Tattoos, house fires, and house arrest: It’s Christmas with the Band!

All Jax wants for Christmas is for his favorite people to get along. So when he takes Ava home for the holidays, she vows to finally make peace with his drummer. What she gets instead is a house fire, house arrest, and the kind of dinner none of them will ever forget.

This comic romp of a holiday story wr
Published September 3rd 2018 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with the Band, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with the Band

Naughty Mom Story Time
I adore Jera, Jax and Danny. I loved them the instant I read the first book in the series and have fallen harder for them since...but I don’t think this Christmas installment was necessary. After Jax and Ava’s story, I was happy for my Red Letters friends and all was well in the world. They found their loves, their music continues to climb the charts and their fame is consistently growing.

But this Christmas novella, though it ended on a happy note, only burst my bubble with discourse amongst Je
Cynthia
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Ok, so this was WAY TOO SHORT!

Fair warning, you need to read the previous books to understand what happens here, and while this is a sort of closure for Jax and Ava story, this shows so much of their dinamic as a band that if you don't read the previous ones, you won't really understand.

When Jax and Ava got their happy ending, Jera and Ava were nowhere near that point. JEra can't forvige Ava for turning her back on Jax and Ava has no cluie as to how help that and Jax is a ball of stress because
Keyrsten
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The one thing I had wanted with Insatiable (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll #3) was to be able to see things through Ava's perspective. Michelle granted that wish in Christmas with the Band. This novella takes place a few months after Insatiable ends. It's Christmas Eve and Ava yearns to give Jax the one Christmas present he wants but will never ask for, for Ava and Jera to make amends. She vows to do everything she can to finally make peace with Jera, even at the expense of her own pride.

The wit
This novella is the continuation of Michelle Hazen’s previous installment to her Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll series featuring our lead singer Jackson Sterling. Jax for short. So if you plan on picking up this final chapter, be sure to read that one first because, like with Danny and Kate, Jax and Ava’s story is just a smidgen too big to fit into just one book that it needed two.

I’ll be honest: I obviously had my issues with Insatiable, but not enough to keep me from enjoying the story as a wh
Haddie Harper
I RECEIVED AN ARC OF THIS BOOK FOR HONEST REVIEW, AND IN PARTICIPATION OF A BLOG TOUR.

Christmas with the Band was a very QUICK read. I literally started and finished within a single hour. I have not read any of the books in the original series, so I am not familiar with any of the characters, but the little bit given in this book was enough to give me a love for them. Though I am at a bit of a crossroads with Jera. Its a hate/love feeling. (view spoiler)
Sandra
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm crying over food. It happens, though never fictional food, but that's what Michelle Hazen brings to the table (pun intended). This series has been an absolute joy to read and even though Christmas with the Band was only 46 pages long, it packed a punch and, what I believe, was an important one.

Told from Ava's POV, CwtB catches up with The Red Letters' band members and their significant others month after the end of Insatiable. We get little glimpses of all the characters, but they're perfect
Barbara
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've loved this whole series - read in order. Michelle Hazen has a great way of writing that brings her characters to life with quirky personalities, funny repartes, emotional depth (even if they are just trying to wrap their minds and hearts around it), and of course their own personal demons. There are plenty of sexy times along the way, heartache, betrayal, determination, hope, forgiveness. The interplay between the characters makes them really feel like a family and I for one am sorry to see ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Michelle Hazen gave a bonus round with the boys of The Red Letters & their significant others. And it's told from Ava's, Jax's girlfriend, POV. It's short novella as they all gather around for a Christmas dinner, and the drama is thick since Jera can't let go of her hatred of Ava, so yeah, that was chaotic because seriously?! How much can a person apologize before she finally has enough? It was also great to get another chance to see the boys again since the series ended, even if it was a sh ...more
Abby
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Ooh, I won't pass up a chance to see what's going on with The Red Letters! This was a very fast read for me. We, the readers, saw a new side to Ava. Her guard is down and she's intimidated by Jax's framily. She knows how much his friends mean to him and the fact that Jera doesn't like her, puts her on edge. This is the story of how Ava takes one for the team and supports Jax, even though it's difficult. Emotions were high and the love was palpable through the pages. Take another peek into life w ...more
Rhonda
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great finale to a great series

I loved each and every book in the series!!! It is fresh and new and the writing is woven into a believable world. No pansy ass do gooder types but real people struggling with Real problems! Sometimes they concur the problems but sometimes they have to reach deep inside of themselves to keep on going! All with the unconditional love of the people around them!!! Great going Michelle!!
Julie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good short read. It was great seeing Ava and Jax again, the story is mostly told with Ava’s POV, and they meet up with all the characters, Danny and Jera. A little unexpected excitement is in the horizon though which gives them all a dinner they’ll never forget.
A happy Christmas reunion and a great novella, just right for a quick read.
I enjoyed the series and this novella was a nice little HEA for everyone!
Isha Coleman
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Hazen gives one last glimpse of the chaos as we say goodbye to the band. Will Ava and Jax finally get it right? Christmas with the Band is a heartwarming chance to feel the burn before the fire fades away. Family is never easy, but opening yourself to love is even harder. Witness what it means to be a family, one frustrating, aggravating step at a time.

Coralee Corrigan
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Anna
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This quick enjoyable read is book 3.5 in the Sex, Love, and Rock and Roll series. It is not a standalone so I do recommend starting with book 1. Christmas With the Band is told from Ava’s POV. She is still with Jax (one of my favorite couples!) and they are off to spend Christmas with his band, The Red Letters. This novella is not a standalone - the previous books from this series should be read first.

One thing that I like about Michelle’s Hazen’s books is the character development. They are all
Anna
Sep 03, 2018
Teresa Jensen
is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2018
Michelle Hazen is a nomad with a writing problem. Years ago, she and her husband ducked out of the 9 to 5 world and moved into their truck. She found her voice with the support of the online fanfiction community, and once she started typing, she never looked back. She has written most of her books in odd places, including a bus in Thailand, an off-the-grid cabin in the Sawtooth Mountains, a golf c ...more

Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll (3 books)
  • A Cruel Kind of Beautiful (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #1)
  • Playing the Pauses (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #2)
  • Insatiable (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #3)