Start by marking “The Found Child (The Secrets of Suburbia #2)” as Want to Read:
The Found Child (The Secrets of Suburbia #2)

The Found Child

(The Secrets of Suburbia #2)

One mother’s life will change in the blink of an eye—and there’s no going back.

Elaine’s worst fears become reality when her beloved son Jakob is diagnosed with cancer. She needs to find a bone marrow donor, and time is running out. But while awaiting test results to see if she’s a possible match, Elaine learns a shocking truth about her son; a truth that threatens to send
Published September 4th 2018 by Relay Publishing

Amanda
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! Just finished this book and I need a second to get my breath back and think about what just happened. This book was like a runaway train once started it is unstoppable and just as thrilling!!

The book starts with Detective Aaronson having the horrible task of telling some parents that their child has not been found and that the lead has gone cold.

Elaine and Nathan find out their son Jake has leukaemia and he may need a bone marrow transplant and that’s when the secrets start coming out. Eig
Pauline
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Found Child by Jo Crow is a psychological thriller about Elaine's son Jakob who went missing as a small child but was found and returned to them. Now Jakob has leukaemia and needs a bone marrow transplant but the doctors tell them that blood tests show that neither Elaine or her husband are a match as they are not related to the child. This book has a few twists and turns.
I would like to thank NetGalley and Relay Publishing for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Adele Shea
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the torture of her son being kidnapped, when he was a baby, Elaine finally gets her life on track. That is until Jake's kidnapper is released from prison and at the same time, the school nurse finds a mysterious bruise on his body. Elaine then has to endure her boy going through test and finding out he has leukemia and also the worry that his kidnapper might come back to finish what he started.

When looking for bone marrow matches for poor Jake, it comes to light that Jake is not Elaine an
Jo
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a heartwrenching read. Jo Crow really knows how to tug on a mother's heartstrings. I know it was necessary for the plot to move forward, but I was really annoyed when Elaine would leave the hospital. I don't think anything would induce me to leave my child. But then the reader would never have answers. Crow does a good job of keeping things moving and making everything plausible. I recommend to anyone who loves a good suspense.
Jeannie Huie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book!! I received the ARC from the author, and I loved it!! There are so many surprises all throughout the story! Just as I thought I knew what was going on, there was something new to assimilate!! There's no way I could even begin to tell you anything of the story without giving a spoiler! This author has an amazing mind for mystery!! Wonderfully written!
Brianna Clark
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not really sure how I felt about this book. On the one hand, it is very well-written and definitely suspenseful. It also kind of drained me. It was a book that was hard to stop reading, because I did want to find out what would happen next and how it would all turn out, but it was also exhausting. The main character is Elaine. The novel is told from her point of view. Her eight year old son is diagnosed with leukemia and has to be admitted to the hospital right away to begin treatment. At th ...more
Kathleen
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Found Child, author Jo Crow weaves a riveting psychological thriller that easily draws the reader in with its dark storyline that follows Elaine Jennson as she has to deal with a mother's worst fear: she has been raising a son for the past eight years that is not her own and he has been recently diagnosed with leukemia, and the question of what happened to her biological son.

This captivating and gritty tale is rich in detail and vivid descriptions and has intriguing and suspenseful twists
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Jo Crow, Relay Publishing Edition, and NetGalley for providing me with this book.

The Found Child by Jo Crow was the most heart wrenching story that no parent should have to go through. Not to mention all the emotional twists and turns that this book took you on. Jo had you one minute feeling empathy for the parents and then the next questioning them. However, the whole book you wanted to hold Jake tight and tell him everything was going to be ok.

Jo Crow is in my eyes an i
Pamela Kelley
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC copy of this book for an honest review. I finished the book in three hours and wished it lasted three more. The story line is believable and yet all the circumstances that lead up to the last page could fill two books. So many twists and turns like being on a roller coaster. At many points you begin to doubt the sanity of the main character because of all the conspiracy actions that occur. By the last page all you want is the next book in the series so you can see what happens t ...more
Katrece Nelson
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Found Child by Jo Crow

Release Date : Sept 4, 2018

Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 (5 out of 5)

Jo Crow is a master and doesn't disappoint in her second release. Years ago Elaine's son was abducted and after a few devastating months he was found and returned to his loving family. That's the version of the story Elaine believes but once her son Jakob is diagnosed with a form of Leukemia her world is completely upended. Not only is she trying to deal with having a very sick child but once the blood tests come bac
Towrin
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
* I received this ARC from the publisher through Netgalley for the purpose of honestly reviewing the book*

The Found Child is a psychological thriller/suspense through and through. You don’t know what’s happening and who to trust for majority of the book. This book is nothing short of a roller-coaster ride for your mind.

The prologue starts off with a bang and I knew I was in for a ride. Then, the story at present begins normally enough, with us getting vibes of a regular family, but the underlyin
Joyce Stewart
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Found Child
By Jo Crow

Wow This book was definitely a page-turner !!!!!!I just wanted to keep reading to see what was going to happen next so i read it in just one day. There is plenty of Twists and turns,deep dark secrets, lies, deception, mystery, suspense , family problems , true friendship, and a lot more that is in this book. My biggest issue with this story is that the main character(the mom Elaine ) often made decisions I felt were unrealistic and not something a mother would do with he
Boundless Book Reviews
Ellie is scared. Her son was abducted years ago and returned months later. Even though they have moved on, she is still frightened. Now her son is sick and her life as she knows it comes crashing down on all sides. What is a mother to do when the truth can hurt everyone around?

This story was very well written. I feel like I missed a bit because I did not read the first book in this series, but overall it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. This story was a mix of thriller and drama. In
Mommy Reads
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
Thank you NetGalley for my copy in exchange for an honest review.

WOW! I just finished this book and I can't believe what I just read! This book was full of twists and turns from the start and I simply didn't want to put it down! The author knows how to grab the reader's attention and keep it until the very last page.

The book starts with Detective Aaronson who has the difficult task to tell parents that their child has not been found and the trail has gone cold.

Elaine and Nathan find out their so
Jen
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for this copy to read and review.

This is my first time reading this Author. I enjoyed the writing style and the fast pace of this book. It is one of those books that is practically 'unputdownable'. At times it moved along so fast that I was a bit confused, as little glimpses of plot twists were given and I felt impatient to have them fleshed out, but that only added to the suspense. The main characters didn't really turn out to be what they seemed to be on t
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you NetGalley for the copy of The Found Child By Jo Crow that I read and reviewed.
I really did not find this book what I was hoping it would be. The suspect was what should have been heartbreaking but these people where so evil and selfish and broken I really could not feel any pain for them. Yes, there were some twist and surprises but when you look at how self centered these people seemed was what was done really that shocking?
I can only give this book three out of five stars because the
Lyndi
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley-2018
The surprises and shocks just kept coming in this psychological thriller. Elaine Jennson hears that her son Jake's kidnapper was released from prison just before getting a terrifying diagnosis- Jake has leukemia. She and husband Nathan get tested to see if they're a match for bone marrow and the results threaten to destroy their family. And to top it off, someone is following her..
It's really hard to write a description for this book without ruining any of the plot twists. It's such a great stor
Nan Borton-smith
2nd book in Secrets ....Suburbia Series but story 2nd to None.

Jo Crow delivers!
I just finished reading Found Child what an amazing read.
Elaine was "broken" just enough that I had to question her reliability as the narrator at certain points in the novel, keeping the story arc filled with tension. I knew early on that her husband had lied about her killing Jacib but had no ok idea what HAD happened to him. The twists keep coming holding you to the last page. A new author to follow
Rachel McKitterick
*thank you to Netgalley and Relay Publishing for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars.

I thoroughly enjoyed this! The whole way through it had my attention right up to the very end! I love when you come across such a good story as this was. The whole not knowing what was going to come next made it such a fun and enjoyable read. Plus the ending did not disappoint. I liked the way the author had written it and it completed the book nicely. I would definitely recommend this f
Genevieve
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed the book. The author does a good job casting just enough shadow on the narrator to make you question her recollection of events. The concept is intriguing and thought provoking. I felt like the conclusion wrapped up a bit too neatly, but not so much to the point that it detracts from the overall appeal of the book. Most fans of psychological suspense and thrillers will enjoy the story.
Kathy
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book after reading the synopsis. A few things hit too close to home but I decided to push forward and see where it went and I am so glad that I did so. What a riveting read this became. The way that this author wrote the book, the suspense, the deceit, the heartbreak was so captivating. I thought it was so good that at certain parts, it gave me anxiety which is a good sign to a good book.
J&B Reviews
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent thriller.

This book was a textbook example of a psychological thriller. It takes the reader on a wild ride and every time I thought I had it all figured out something else would happen. As soon as I hit Submit, I'm going to download Jo Crow's first book. Very highly recommended.
Patricia
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, once I started reading I could not put it down, it's 2:30 am and I just finished. I was hooked once I started chapter 1. There are a few major twists and turns that can get you lost if you aren't paying attention. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys a fast paced read. Am now going back to read Ms. Crow's other books.
Modern
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s been awhile since I’ve read from a singular POV and enjoyed the book. Found Child is both of these and more. This book tempted my emotions and just when I thought I figured it out.. i didn’t. Definitely an impressive book. This is my first read by Crow and I look forward to more. I received this book for a voluntary, completely honest and non incentivized review.
Brenda Treddle
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not for the faint of heart I received this book as a Arc and finished it in one night had to stop in the middle . It's a heartbreaking story so true the life today this is not for the faint of heart involving children abduction. I highly recommend this book this is a great writer and she does fantastic work.
Nancy
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has more twists and turns than Lombard Street in San Francisco. Every time I thought I had things figured out, there was another twist. I loved this book. I could not put it down. The characters were well-developed and interesting. The storyline was realistic and engaging. I’m sure I’ll read this book again.
Kelly Guy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

The story was riveting and hard to put down. I wasn't thrilled with the ending. The plot kept building and then in a rush it was over, but leaves unanswered questions. Room for a follow up book? I'll be waiting.
Teresa Price
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an intense nail biting story from the very beginning to the very end!! OMG!! It is very very good! Kept my interest throughout! So breathtaking full of twists and turns. Full of suspense. Wonderful read!! I highly recommend!
Julie Rein
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing wonderful read

Wow I couldn't put this book down. Absolutely riveting plot, with vivid well developed characters. What a great new author to read. Can't wait to read more from her
Christine Rennie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the book in exchange for an honest review.
At times I felt the story was over complicated but then it is fiction. It was an interesting read and well written.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Dark Site (Sam Dryden, #3)
  • Undercurrents (Summer Westin Mystery #3)
  • Kingdom Come (Elizabeth Harris Mystery #1)
  • Lyrebird Hill
  • Runaway Lies
  • The Wrong Sister
  • Passage Graves
  • Murder Over Mochas (A Java Jive Mystery, #5)
  • The Scribe
  • The Faithful
  • Everything You Told Me
  • The Rock Hole
  • Valhalla (Lexy Vaughan & Steven Macaulay #1)
  • Trust Me
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Deliver Me
  • Alice in Everville
  • The Bone Farm (Jane Hawk, #0.5)

The Secrets of Suburbia (3 books)
  • A Mother's Lie (The Secrets of Suburbia #1)
  • The Perfect Neighborhood (The Secrets of Suburbia #3)