Start by marking “Restored Dreams” as Want to Read:

(Sexy Silver Foxes #3)

More romance for the over forty.

Brut Paige needs a life break.
As caretaker to his brother, his business, and his son, he's used to being the man to get things done.
Yet, along the way, he's forgotten how to have fun.

Lily Warren deserves a vacation.
She's worked hard to establish her bakery, a lifelong dream. She's proud of her accomplishments.
But, she knows there's somethi
Kindle Edition
Published August 22nd 2018 (first published April 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Restored Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restored Dreams

Start your review of Restored Dreams
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

description
NOTE: This coming year I have set a challenge for myself of reading one book a week that takes me out of my comfort zone. A book that may include one (or more) tropes (scenarios) that I avoid like the plague. Cheating. Older women/younger man. OW drama. Just to name a few. Nothing is off limits. I am taking a HUGE step out of the box I usually live in and charting a course into the unknown (HaHa). My reviews for these books will differ slightly from my usual as I will focus more on whether the
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
*******Spoilers*******

I don’t know what happened to my original review but it was deleted and I didn’t even get a email, notice or smoke signals. This is not cool! That’s one of the reason I have stopped being so much in GR. And if my review was deleted because i didn’t finish then guess what? I finished this shit and it wasn’t good!

Hero slept with the heroine’s sister, got her pregnant while he had “relationship” with the heroine. I use the term relationship loosely because they weren’t really
Bev
Well, I rather enjoyed that but it would've rated higher if not for the lack of communication. I'm not going to do an in-depth review, that's already been done but what I will say is that this story is not only about cheating. It's about regretting a stupid mistake for the rest of your life, owning that mistake and setting out to put it right. It's about forgiveness and acceptance and having the courage to try again. Yes, Brut cheated but it was not done with intent or gratuitous on his part. Th ...more
DJ Sakata
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

His abs stack like a pile of books, and I want to read every page.

I feel like a puzzle poured out of the box for the first time. Pieces scattering, nothing matching, waiting to be assembled.

He’s gotten through so many things, but I understand at some point, you wish for more than merely getting by.

I wanted to grow old with you, not wait until I was old to have you.

My Review:

Second chances don’t come around often yet this couple frittered away their second chance but thankfully th
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Really enjoyed it! I still think the first two were my faves. But I’m really And looking forward to more from the author in her romance for the over 40 books to come.

I love reading YA, NA, Adult of all different genres. Including books centred around characters in their 40’s. I mean these books from Dunbar are hot, emotionally jam-packed/charged and filled with real life issues.

Really greatreading.
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: L.B. Dunbar Fans, Romance
4 Hard Won Second Chance Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
How many of us have had to live with the bad decisions we made during early adulthood...I am talking about more then a drunken night and waking up with you worshiping the porcelain bowl...No I am talking about so much more then that...

L.B. Dunbar tackles the life changing events which impacted both Brut Paige and Lily Warren all those years ago. The actions taken by Brut then 23 left Lily 19 staggered. Learning to forgive is one thing but never f
Kristina
OF COURSE!

It's all the sister's fault, let's all us (stupid) women put all the blame on the woman. After all HE can't bare any responsibility for being the CHEATING SLIMEBALL HE WAS. NO, it wasn't this cheater's fault. It was all the sister's fault.

Cheating is not a fucking mistake! It's a revolting betrayal and why exactly?

Eye roll to all the morons that shove all the blame on the woman. Shame on you!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Two much alcohol and really bad choices broke this couple apart 22 years ago, but scheming family and friends has them sharing a vacation house where they reconnect on many levels, but is it enough when reality comes crashing in once again. I’ve enjoyed L.B. Dunbar’s Silver Foxes series mainly because these people have lived life, they’ve had regrets, they’ve experienced heartbreak before, they’ve made sacrifices, they’ve achieved dreams, and yet they are still hoping to find love.

There’s no dou
Jacqueline
3.5 silver fox goodness stars

I enjoyed this one but it was a bit spoilt for me by the lack of communication. I get so irritated reading a story where all of the conflict could be resolved by one conversation. I liked the style and the smut though so I'll definitely be reading more from this author.

Complete story, available on ku.
Cheesecake
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Brut and Lily had a lust filled love affair when she was 18 and he was 22. She really thought that he was the one and was ready to completely give herself to him. Until he completely broke her heart, leaving her devastated.

Twenty two years later, Brut is a single dad and runs his own workshop. He has spent his entire adult life looking after the people closest to him. He never takes time out to just look after himself, always putting others needs before his own.

Lily realised her dream of openin
Andrea
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An unwanted and unpredictable meeting between Lily and Brut rekindles long denied and long lost feelings. Old memories resurface and it is endearing, for me as the seemingly uninvolved but emotionally involved reader, to watch this resurrection of a relashionship that ended quite abruptly in the past…
I found it refreshing how both protagonists address their past feelings and faults… how they never beat around the bush… how they are honest to each other and true to their feelings and convictions…
Mandy
4.5

Really enjoyed this book! The steamy scenes were HOT! Can’t wait to check out more by this author.
Alexandra
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided for an honest review

Restored Dreams is book 3 in The Silver Foxes series and although you can read it as a standalone I suggest you read After Care and Midlife Crisis first. Why? Because these over 40 romance books are amazing and Restored Dreams is my favourite 😍.
I love the writing, the whole storyline and the characters.

Lily Warren, 41, is an independent and strong bakery owner who lost the love of her life 22 years ago but she took her life into her own hands and opened Because
Kim Carter
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brut & Lily's story is here! And it is "everything and beyond", L.B. Dunbar is on to something with the "love over 40", and ok, maybe I am so enamored because I am over 40 and hey - love has no age limit! I took my time, savored the words on every page, loving these characters hard, wanting a Brut of my own....wanting to share parts of this book with the hubs to say "see, romance is still alive and well...hint hint". Ah...I digress there is swooning, smiles, hurting heart, the unexpected, this o ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I knew her noises
Dreams that were left untended long time ago are restored again to bring them to life now in the present times. Brut and Lily are that unfinished dream which was shattered by a mistake that Brut made, way back when he was 23 and Lily 19. There was a fork in the road and he chose the path that was correct, seeing those circumstances and in the process got separated form his fate.
It was the biggest mistake of my life. Epic. Colossal. Unthinkable. I’ve hated myself e
E-Reader Addict
If you follow me at all, you know there are two tropes that suck me in like a black hole: secret baby, and second chance. I’m also fond of those for the “over 40” since, ehem, I’m in that category.

So when I came across this second chance story about a couple in their 40s, I dropped the book I was reading (it wasn’t a hard decision - I’ve been reading it for over two weeks now), and checked out the sample. It was okay. But buoyed by the reviews of a couple of reviewers I follow, I decided to go
Laura Lee
By: L.B. Dunbar
4.5 Cupcake Stars

I absolutely love reading L.B. Dunbar’s over 40 books. Totally relatable to real life happenings when you are in that age category. Not that I am but yanno… 😉

Brut Paige has lived the past 21 years with regret. Regret for that one night things got away from him and caused him to veer off the path he was trying to pave. He’s done well for himself running his auto shop. Raising his son. One thing is missing… Having fun.

Lily Warren is so proud of her
Roxs Reads
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Restored Dreams was a heart-breaking second chance romance full of wonderful romantic moments, heart-crushing events, grief and smiles, shocks and surprises, forgiveness and love. It has it all, every element to make it a fantastic story and it captured my heart from the very beginning.

This is book 3 in a series of stand-alone spinoffs. The author has done an absolutely superb job of keeping the reader up to speed on all the family characters from the previous books and she has made certain you
CLiK Book Blog
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Restored Dreams - L B Dunbar
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Another wonderful story in the Silver Foxes - Love Over 40 Series by LB Dunbar.

Lily and Brute have history. Very young, very passionate but very secret history and that history came to a crashing end when Brute broke Lily’s heart. They were just kids but their passion was very real, but fate and one very evil sister had a hand in tearing them apart.

Fast forward twenty two years and Brute and Lily are thrust back into each other’s life. Will this be the secon
Dana
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book!! Let me first say, I discovered Ms. Dunbar when I read The History of Us and again with After Care, which both I loved.

Restored Dreams is the story of Brut and Lily and their history. What I loved about this book? Well that is easy, 1.) the characters and 2) it's a second chance romance which I ADORE!

Ms. Dunbar writes book with older, mature characters, which again, I love because as I get older, those are the characters I can relate to and want to read. She nailed it with Re
Livia
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance fans
Recommended to Livia by: L.B. Dunbar
My Mostly Spoiler Free Review

My tags for this contemporary romance novel are…
Easy-to-read / listen to * | Entertaining | Romantic | Steamy | Happily Ever After ending | Sweet Epilogue

Format read: Unabridged Audiobook via Authors Direct platform

Narrated by: Tim Paige and Anneliese Rennie

Length: 9 hrs and 6 mins

Release Date: 01-16-20

Publisher: L.B. Dunbar Writes, Ltd.

Writing style: Dual POVs

Cover and chapter designs: I love this cover! This silver fox model representing our hero Brut sure made me
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
All Brut Paige has ever done is take care of his family. He lost the love of his life after a mistake he made... a seriously bad mistake! He has raised his son Chopper all by himself since the boy was 2 weeks old. There were many growing pains, hard times, and dreams he would never realize. But Chopper was his life!

Going on vacation for the first time in memory brings him face to face to the love of his life. Lily is the girl he loved twenty two years ago. Now that they are both over forty and s
Tammi
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had ALL THE FEELS!! These romance after 40 books are amazing. I love LB Dunbars books but she has found her niche with these stories. This one I have to say for me had some of her best writing. Some of the scenes hit me hard and had me a blubbering mess.
I was so curious about these characters in the last book. They had a history I needed to know. I didn't expect the emotional rollercoaster their past, current and future would put me on. Seriously there were a few chapters that I could
Bibliophile  Chloe
Shelves: best-of-2018
Ms. Dunbar is the queen of over 40 romances! I am declaring it now, I have to work on a sash and tiara for her.

Restored Dreams is the story of Brut and Lily. While this story can totally be read as a stand alone, I highly suggest you read After Care and Midlife Crisis.  Burt is the brother of Hank, the hero in the story of Midlife Crisis and we see small glimpses of other characters too.

Burt and Lily have such a agonizing history.  A horrible mistake and consequences separate the two.  Years pa
Konny
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Restored Dreams by L.B. Dunbar is book three in her Silver Foxes/Former Rock Stars Series. Every book in the series, while connected can easily be read as a standalone. The previous books are After Care - my favorite; and Midlife Crisis.
Lily Warren is a 41 year old bakery owner. She´s in love with Brut for a long time.
Brut is co-owner of a body shop, in his fourties and regrets what happened many years ago. He wanted a future with Lily, but his dumb actions let her to leaving him.
Meddling acquai
Marina Skinner
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed this book! It gave me laughs, had some sizzling tension and also a feel good story!
I loved both Brut and Lily!
Its as if getting older and somewhat wiser has helped in seeing how things should be! But what happens when the other person doesn’t know how you truly feel!
I loved everything about this over 40’s story that touched my heart in such a big way as I felt I could relate to some things! Being that age doesn’t mean you should miss out on what’s really important in life!
I fel
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
Loved it! My face hurt from all the smiling I did while reading this book. This book is about first loves, second chances and how life throws you many curveballs but if you fight for it you can get the HEA you so badly missed out on that first go around.

L.B. Dunbar did such a great job with this book. Her leading characters are relatable. The book is well written and will keep you enthralled throughout and you will be laughing out loud at some of the humor.

Lily Warren deserved an HEA more than
Maura
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full Disclosure: L.B. Dunbar is a one click author for me. If she published her grocery list each week, I would read it.

I just knew I was going to like Brut when I read about him in MIDLIFE CRISIS. There was just something so intriguing about him - I was NOT disappointed.

RESTORED DREAMS is about just that - dreams that once were are restored again. This story has all the feels; I laughed and teared up and swooned at different times throughout the story. The characters are fantastically develope
Carrie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lily & Brut's story is about second chances, and is a beautifully written tale! There's a lot of steam, a lot of banter, many "awww" moments and many LOL moments, too. There's also a bit more angst to them than I was expecting & I wasn't sure I really LIKED Lily through some of the story, because she's just so clueless about some things that are right in front of her face! Brut has his own DA moments, but they finally work it out, of course!

We get to see our other couples from earlier books in
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• This Time Is Different
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Plus One
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • The Doctor Will See You (Pure Pleasure #1)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
  • Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Crush
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Burning for Autumn (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #1)
  • Fighting Fire (Finding Focus #3)
  • Crazy Beautiful (Redemption, #2)
Receive once-a-month updates and more with Love Notes: http://bit.ly/LoveNotesfromLBDunbar

L.B. Dunbar has an over-active imagination. To her benefit, such creativity has led to over thirty romance novels, including those offering a second chance at love over 40. Her signature works include the #sexysilverfoxes collection of mature males and feisty vixens ready for romance in their prime years. She

Sexy Silver Foxes (5 books)
  • After Care: a romance for the over 40