Start by marking “Knowing Me, Knowing You (Loving You, #4)” as Want to Read:
Knowing Me, Knowing You (Loving You, #4)

Knowing Me, Knowing You

(Loving You #4)

Loving You: Book Four

Can friends turned occasional lovers move beyond past mistakes and wrong assumptions to build something that can last?

Quiet bookworm Shane has a big secret—one he’s kept for fifteen years. AFL superstar Ambrose Jakoby grew up next door to Shane. They were close friends, and Shane supported Ambrose through school.

One
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 255 pages
Published October 30th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Knowing Me, Knowing You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knowing Me, Knowing You

Morgan  Skye
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2018
In general I’m a huge Renae Kaye fan. She’s had some misses for me – ie The Straight Boyfriend – but in general I love her character development, humor, hurt/comfort abilities and her sense of romance.
We get a bit of the humor and a fair amount of comfort in this in that our primary MC Shane is pretty much pining for his Friends with Bennies BFF for many years and that’s fairly well developed.
However – the payoff is NOT there. What takes this from a 5 star to a 4 star is the lack of
Lelyana
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, mm, long-lost-love, dsp
"You can’t tell your heart what to do. It beats without you thinking of it. So it acts without you thinking of it. You have no choice, unless you want it to stop beating."

Best friends since they were babies didn't make things easier, especially in communication between Shane and Ambrose. There's so many things that didn't spoken up. And it was irritated me the most. Casual lover, and no talk, irked me, a lot. Sure I was glad I met my favorite Jay and Liam again, but the overall story was kinda made m
Veronica
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The story is told entirely from Shane’s point of view and it is clear that Shane doesn’t have a particularly positive self-image. He thinks is he is plain, average and invisible to others. Shane doesn’t tell his friends that on the of biggest stars in ALF is his childhood best friend and part time lover because he doesn’t think anyone would believe him. The last time Ambrose returned home to Perth to see Shane, Shane put an end to th
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars I like this series and was excited to read a new one in this world.

Overall, I enjoy this childhood friends to lovers romance. I do believe if we had gotten Ambrose's point of view as well as Shane's the love story would have be more pleasurable.

Shane is in love with Ambrose but after nearly a decade of sleeping with Ambrose when he is around and not being a star in the AFL, he has decided to disentangle himself especially after Ambrose brings a girlfriend home.

Ambrose is
JenMcJ
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good example of the rare sports theme m/m romance that makes an argument for not coming out and having MC's that I could see making that work and still believe that they really do love each other and want what's best for each other. And RK did it without making either of the MC's the "bad guy". Kudos to a fresher look at the sports theme tropes.

Not very many sports theme m/m book do the "stay in the closet" relationship and I appreciated the realistic choices these two made based on
Shannon
While I did really love this book, there was a big miss here IMO. We see the beginning of their relationship but everything in between was skipped. Everything. Ambrose bottoming for the first time and every other encounter they had over the years we didn't get to be a part of. I think it would have been so much better if we'd seen how they were together over all that time. That said, I loved both MCs and their friends and mothers and everything else. Great addition to the series.
Tinnean
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story. And it was fun to see the other guys again. Definitely worth reading.
Erica
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and sweet, but not my favorite by this author.
Lori
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Took a to get through this book because I had mixed feelings about it. It was hard to see an MC so in love with the other MC and it didn't seem reciprocated. It seemed like Shane was being taken advantage of by Ambrose but it all worked out in the end. I gave it 4 stars because I wanted to round up from 3.5 stars.

I am actually pretty sad that this series has stopped. I did enjoy it quite a bit.
Smut Librarian
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I read the description of this story, I had to have it! The theme of an AFL (Australian Football League)
Even though part of the Loving You series, I read this novel as a standalone and had no trouble following along – even with the large cast of secondary characters.

To Shane, books are his life. Everything else is a distraction. He is smart, funny, quiet and very aware of his attraction to males.

To Ambrose Jakoby, football is his life. Everything else is a com
Denise Shirley carter
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed this series since I heard book 1, Loving Jay, on Audible when it first came out. And on top of it, it’s Renae Kaye, so that was a double yes to if I should read and review this book. 🙂

This one was a bit of a surprise, because it wasn’t your traditional friends to lovers, or even hookups to lovers. It was a combination of both, yet no one even knew they knew each other, other than their mothers, which created such an interesting family dynamic.

I always enjoy r
Amy Dufera
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being a huge fan of Renae Kaye, I am not surprised that Knowing Me, Knowing You hooked me immediately.

It's a complicated second chance romance, between Ambrose and Shane who are old friends and formerly hooked-up.

Ambrose's back in town after getting injured. He's a pro footballer and he's home to heal, as well as see Shane. But Shane's not sure how to handle his long time friend. He loves him, but isn't sure if he can actually take a risk.

It's a tender and romantic story of the dif
Claire Potterton
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the name of transparency, I must own up to being a huge Renae Kaye fan, so any gushing in this review comes from both a place of love, and from the knowledge that this lady has yet to write a bad book!
As is the norm with this author's books, this story is a page turner. Great storyline, beautifully flowing writing that keeps you engrossed in the tale, and eager to know how things will progress. The big, and surprising difference between this book, and all Renae Kaye's others, is that I
Aerielle
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I saw that Renae Kaye was writing another installment in the Loving You series I was very excited. While this book is a very good “friends-to-lovers” story it was lacking the pure joy and light heartedness that the first three books had.

Shane has always been in the background in the other stories, so coming into this book he was a complete blank page. He seems to have very little self-esteem and self-worth. He tends to calls himself “wallpaper Shane”.

Every few chapte
Lori
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Knowing Me, Knowing You is a nerd and jock, friends to lovers, friends-with-benefits turned romance story. It chronicles the pathway to love for Ambrose, a star footballer, and Shane, his childhood best friend and all around bookworm. Shane considers himself nondescript and his best friend Ambrose as beautiful and special. They’ve had a friends-with-benefits type arrangement for years while Ambrose was away playing football. A few months before an injured Ambrose returns home to recuperate, Shan ...more
Susan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I utterly love Renae Kaye and the Loving Jay series. Each one has brought actual joy to my life, cheesy as that sounds. When I'm having a hard time in my life I've been known to download one of the Loving Jay audiobooks and listen to it for the tenth time or so, just for a pick me up. I practically know these books by heart, so when it was announced there would be a new entry into the series it was one of the most exciting book releases of 2018 for me. And the good news is it did not disappoint. I don' ...more
Lala Albert
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aw. I'm so going to miss this group of friends. They were the best. They were my happy place. I knew I could pick up one of the Loving You books and be in a really positive mood because of Renae Kaye's effervescent and entertaining world-building.

Did every book in this series hit the high of Loving Jay? No, of course not. But that was some fricking high. What I can say, though, is that I enjoyed and was happy reading every one of them.

I liked Shane and Ambrose. I love a best friends
Donna
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
It is rare that I find myself relating personally to one, much less both MC's... but, Shane and I share our love of books and their ability to take us away and Ambrose and I share the label of "demisexual." These two facts alone would have drawn me into this story, but the bonus of Jamie, Vinnie and the whole gang hanging with us throughout the book was just too good of an opportunity to pass up!

The question was asked, "When did you know your partner was the one for you?" and there were many re
Melanie
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-f4C

From that review: "Knowing Me, Knowing You  by Renae Kaye is another enjoyable, sweet romance in her Loving You series.  This series, built around a group of friends and couples has had its share of unusual pairings.  For some it's been in exploration of each man's sexuality, a finding of their identity, an acceptance and self knowledge before they can acknowledge their l
Tünde Kasza tóth
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Second best book in the series after Aaron and Vinnie's book.

I missed Ambrose's pov. Also missed the actual explanation of demisexuality. I understand what Ambrose said about himself actually describes it, but it was in bits and parts. Also the demisexual pov would have added a lot to this book. On the other hand if the author wasn't confident that she could write it, I guess in that case it's good she didn't try.

I also would have liked Abrose's pov, because I didn't real
Lois - Who Reads
This is a lovely quiet story of two men who slowly find their way together. They have known each other since they were children and even with very different interests and just kind of mesh. Now it has been nine years since Ambrose moved away and things are tense between Shane and Ambrose when Ambrose comes home after a serious knee injury. The whole book is from Shane's point of view and I would have loved to see some of what Ambrose was thinking, especially when he was trying to explain to Shan ...more
Rhonda Newton
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This gets 5 stars because I've already re-read it.

This caught my eye because it appears to be a friends to lovers - it is but it's more about recognizing love that has existed for years. I loved that Ambrose saw Shane, and that Shane came to recognize that he did play a valued role in his friendship circle. The book is entirely from Shane's POV, so we see how much he cares for Ambrose, not Bro-Jack the footie star, and the journey as he comes to recognize that Ambrose really does lov
Sabella
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shane and Ambrose have been friends for the majority of their life. Shane believes that Ambrose is just interested in a physical relationship due to his sport career. You will need to read to figure out Ambrose's thinking but once it is explained, you're suddenly looking at everything in a new light.

You will also get to see old friends from the previous books that I absolutely adored getting updates on. I really enjoyed the little interviews that were placed through out the book. Can
Janice
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shane gets his HEA.

I fell in love with Renae Kaye’s books after reading Loving Jay, the first book in the Loving You series. This book can be read as a stand-alone but I highly recommend reading the first three for maximum enjoyment of this one.
Renae peppers her stories with humour and ‘Aussieisms’ that any reader would enjoy and there’s always a highly satisfying HEA to leave a smile on your face. I loved the MC’s and the journey they took. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
Pati
What a waste! I can't stand a douche bag, cheating MC. This guy has a girlfriend who thinks their relationship is real and he immediately tries to hookup with the other MC and tells him that his girlfriend is "window dressing"! Nope!! I can understand living in the closet. But not toying with other people and not cheating!!
Lisa
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: 30.10.2018
It was nice to get back together with the guys. Although focused on Shane and his relationship with Ambrose, there was plenty of the gang.
A friendship that had started when they were 7 was still going strong now at nearly 30.
BWT (Belen)
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2019
Way too much miscommunication, the demisexual angle is dropped pretty quickly, the payoff for the angst isn't there, but we get to see the characters from the previous stories, and it has a filtered HEA where everything gets tied up with a neat little bow.
Johanna
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Another beautiful and well written story, in the Loving You series. Very sweet, and fun. I totally loved it. Hoping for at least one more book. Hiram, please!
MariF
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice, light read. I did enjoy it a lot.
Esther
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The lack of passion made this meh for me.

• Fair Isn't Life
  • Summerfield's Angel (The Christmas Angel, #2)
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Love and Payne (THIRDS Universe, #1)
  • Lights and Sirens (Emergency Services #2)
  • The Strength of His Heart (Enhanced #4)
  • Take Down (Open Wounds #2)
  • A Deeper Blue (Rules of Possession, #2)
  • Homebird
  • Tigers on the Way (Tigers and Devils, #4)
  • The Ballad of Whiskey Jax (Tour Dates, #2)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • How to Be a Movie Star (How to Be #2)
  • Lone Wolf
  • The Ghost Had an Early Check-Out (The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks #2)
  • The Youth & Young Loves of Oliver Wade
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
Renae Kaye is a lover and hoarder of books who thinks libraries are devilish places because they make you give the books back. She consumed her first adult romance book at the tender age of thirteen and hasn’t stopped since. After years – and thousands of stories! – of not having book characters do what she wants, she decided she would write her own novel and found the characters still didn’t do w ...more

Loving You (4 books)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Don't Twunk with My Heart (Loving You #2)
  • The Straight Boyfriend (Loving You, #3)