Start by marking “One in a Million” as Want to Read:
One in a Million

One in a Million

Everyone wants that special someone....

Annie Higgins has given up on love: she’s too busy trying to get her own business off the ground. Infuriated by the advertising agency across the hall making fun of her job, Annie accepts their crazy challenge - to make a random stranger Instagram-famous in just 30 days.

And even when they choose Dr Samuel Page PhD, historian and hater
Audiobook
Published July 26th 2018 by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (first published July 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Million, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Million

Emer (A Little Haze)
This is the fourteenth full length Lindsey Kelk novel. I've read each and every one... I also own each and every one...in eBook and physical editions... Yup. I'm a slightly obsessive Lindsey fangirl.... FYI there are also two eBook only novellas....

And this was great. I laughed a lot early on in the book. I got the ending I wanted and expected... But... I dunno... I liked it but I'm a bit *whelmed*.... You know rather than over- or underwhelmed... I'm somewhere in the middle....

Annie, the MC, wa
Camilla Isley
How I adored this book!

Initially, I thought it was going to be a love-hate romantic comedy, but after a while it became clear it was only a case of a grumpy, and not very socially skilled leading man: Dr. Samuel Page, the hottest historian you'll ever meet.

With his obsession about history Sam reminded me a little of Ross and dinosaurs from Friends. You know, if Ross was tall, blond, blue-eyed, impossibly hot, and owned a cat. Yes, because Sam not only is a Jane-Austen-y hero with all his old-fa
Claire Robinson
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 - "I happen to think you’re fairly close to perfect." Stars!

It’s been a looooong time since I read a book by this author, I didn’t realize just how much so until I checked my ‘Read’ shelf. But like in life, it’s amazing how the years in Booklandia fly by and the amount of books released by said writer pile up before you get back to reading their words again.

"I’ve got this."

I’ll admit the blurb for One in A Million was what drew me in initially because I love a good nerd to cool-nerd transforma
Lisa-Books Smiles
4.5 Stars. I can't get enough of Lindsey Kelk's quirky, funny, heartwarming romances.
Charanya
5-never-wanted-this-book-to-end stars!

Not wanting a book to end is the highest of honours I feel for a book, almost across all genres, maybe not a murder mystery but you get the drift! I HEART Lindsey's standalone books ;) , don't get me wrong, her series' are quite amazing too but to wrap up a heartfelt, funny story in one book is like eating a scrumptious meal. This book is her best standalone work, yet. I could name a million reasons why (yes, pun intended)

What I loved about this book:-
Hannah
At first the story wasn't gripping my interest as much as many of Lindsey Kelk's books but I'm pleased I kept reading. Annie was a very well written character who I loved and Dr Samuel Page PhD (Sam to my friends) was likeable to. I enjoyed his love of Britney Spears and the times of them dancing are lovely. Samuel was very funny with Annie's family. I also loved the characters of Miranda and Brian and the business Annie and Miranda had created. It just wasn't my favourite of Lindsey's books.
Agi
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

In “One in a Million” we meet Annie Higgins who has just betted to turn a very social media unfriendly person into an Instagram influencer. The man in question, Dr Samuel Page, doesn’t know his luck yet and Annie must turn this innocent nerd into an über – cool – nerd with twenty thousand followers in only thirty days. Samuel is absolutely not interested but when Annie learns that his girlfriend has recently dumped him for being only interested in his research work, being emotionally absent, for
Bookevin
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Sparkling, from start to finish!

Full review: https://bookevin.wordpress.com/2018/0...
Sara
This book had humor, romance, an adorable cat, and a swoon-worthy leading man! What's not to love about it? Honestly, it was a fun and cozy page-turner that I enjoyed reading in one sitting.

It's not exactly love-hate. But our hottie male protagonist sure is a tough nut to crack with all his PhDs and "big professor" attitude. The book felt also very modern with all its digital marketing and social media references, which made old-fashioned Dr. Page all the more attractive by comparison.

I love Lin
Simona
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know where to start this review, because this book is absolutely FABULOUS!!!

Lindsey Kelk is one of these very talented writers, who creates a wonderful world around her characters, makes them lively and authentic and comes up with a gripping and exciting storyline.

We follow Annie Higgins, who runs her own agency, dealing with social media. She has given up on men and love. Together with her best friend Miranda she successfully runs the business and takes on a bet from the guys acro
Diem
Look, I can no longer give an objective reading on any Lindsey Kelk book. I love Lindsey Kelk's writing too much — she is one of my keeper shelf authors forever and ever and ever.

Dr Samuel Page PhD really snuck up on me, with his Hiddleston and Hemsworth brothers adjacent looks and his unwavering support of Annie. Hot Historian, innit mate? INNIT?

I do still have the I Heart series to read — I'm saving them for a 'break glass in case of emergency' situation.
Hannah
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, 2018-release
This book was just beyond perfect. Lindsey Kelk is my QUEEN. Full review to come a bit later when my sense of feelings have come back.
☽ TheBibliotheque
There's something utterly sweet and cute about Brit Chick Lit.

One in a Million is the perfect example of it. It's been a long while since I read a book like this one, so fluffy and light and full of heart and I'm soooooo happy Jess @Books&Curves recommended it to me.
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can see why this is being described as a modern day My Fair Lady, it really is turning someone from nothing on social media into a proper instagram influencer at least in terms of follower count. Of course the person being transformed is rather reluctant and its all come about as a result of a bet thanks to the overly competitive Annie Higgins.

I was laughing early on when Annie was referred to as Professor Higgins by the person she made the bet with regarding her social media prowess. And tha
Teresa
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super cute, fun book. Billed as "My Fair Lady for the social media age" and it really loved up to that for me. It felt like a throwback to some fun late 90s/early 2000s books and movies too.
A_Ryan
5++++ Bloody brilliant My Fair Lady Stars!

God, it's been so long since I read meself a Kelk book! I remember reading the first of the I Heart series and tingling about it for days after, as if I alone had discovered the best kept secret of the rom-com world (My delusions of grandeur weren't even slightly bothered by the fact that the series was already a huge best selling sensation. I convinced myself that I was somehow responsible for it's fabulousness, as if my copy was the tipping purchas
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Finished - review coming soon.
Kevin Dickson
Lindsey Kelk is in top form with One In A Million, a charming and hilarious Pygmalion for the twenty-first century. There are plenty of laugh out loud comic set pieces (of course!) as we fall in love with an all-new cast of characters in an irresistible story of a competitive web guru and her delightfully gruff makeover subject. Lindsey Kelk is tackling modern love like nobody else, and each successive book of hers adapts to the changing romantic landscape of the times. And I mentioned funny, ri ...more
Katie
So on the positive side, I found out about book this in an article about the possible return of chick lit and it is indeed chick lit!

On the negative side . . . so the hero's name is Samuel and he prefers to go by that, but the heroine insists on calling him Sam. Don't do that! Call people what they want to be called. And, really, that sums up my overall reaction to this book, I think. Neither of them REALLY seemed to respect each other enough. (This is a genderswapped My Fair Lady retelling, whi
Mary
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO FREAKING CUTE OH MY GOOOOOOOSH
Gemma Vincent
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chuckled to myself on the train! Funny and charming, a great read.
Julie
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2-2.5 stars for One in a Million from me. I was pretty disappointed. The premise sounded fun to me so I was excited since I had never read a book with a story like this one. The writing was pretty solid, which I'm happy about and it saved a few stars. But at times I just skimmed through parts because I wasn't very interested in the unnecessary extra information in between the dialogue that didn't really add anything to this book besides words. There was definitely some funny dialogue, sometimes ...more
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a modern twist on a rom-com, then this could well be up your street. It's warm, genuinely funny and predictable in the best possible way. It is packed full of hilarious, confident women and I thought the focus on social media gave the book an original, up-to-date 'hook'. Reading this was like catching up with an old friend over our favourite feel-good films (I'm thinking My Fair Lady updated for the Set It Up generation). I've read all of Lindsey Kelk's books and this is a ...more
Manda
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I only read the ebook a month ago but I couldn’t resist downloading the audiobook and enjoying that too. This is already in my list of most beloved/comforting romantic comedies.
Brandy Painter
I enjoyed this quite a lot. It's a modern day spin on My Fair Lady and as a result the hero and heroine are a bit mismatched and there are a lot of misunderstandings. Annie is an interesting mix of selfish and giving. It was super annoying how she kept calling Samuel Sam even after he repeatedly asked her to not to. I'm not sure I would like her much if I knew her as an actual real human being, but since this story was from her perspective it rounded her out a lot. Samuel is a bit wishy-washy an ...more
Samantha
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was actually excellent. I picked it up thinking I was going to read a little rom com silly story, and while it definitely has its moments of that...and it's literally adorable, and relatable. I'd say overall it's a story of owning up to your faults. Choosing loyalty, and not romantically, but the type of love and trust you give your friends and even your family. It also speaks to the uphill battle that women in tech often find themselves climbing, and it was an interesting (but believa ...more
Carrie Elks
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really enjoyable feel-good story that left me with a big smile on my face.
Antonella
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very cute read.
With My Fair Lady plot line and well known Lindsey Kelk writing I enjoy this as I hoped I would starting this. I read her books before and this one didn't disappoint.

Cressida McLaughlin
This book is hilarious, clever, romantic, bursting with wonderful characters and basically brilliant in every way. Not a book to put down easily, I was totally gripped by the story and loved the heroine and hero. One of my top reads of 2018.
Stacey
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first read by Lindsey Kelk and certainly not my last. I was at the airport the other day with low battery on my Kindle (rookie mistake not charging it before I left!) and decided to take a browse at what was on offer. They were outrageously expensive (14 euros for this one!) but I knew I just had to buy one otherwise I'd be bored on the flight (4 hours with 6 screaming children within 2 rows of me was NOT the one let me tell you) so I settled on this one in the end.

I don't usually read novels

• Crazy in Love at the Lonely Hearts Bookshop (Lonely Hearts Bookshop, #3)
  • Five Years From Now
  • Summer at Skylark Farm
  • ‘Tis the Season to be Single
  • Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van
  • Confessions of a Tinderella
  • Somewhere Beyond the Sea
  • The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance
  • It Started With a Tweet
  • Summer at the Cornish Cafe (The Penwith Trilogy #1)
  • I Followed the Rules
  • The Bed and Breakfast on the Beach
  • The Winter Wedding
  • Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights
  • Undone
  • The Great Ex-Scape
  • Murder at Rudhall Manor
  • It Had to Be You
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.
“What cologne is that?’ ‘I ran out so I sprayed some Febreze in the air and just ran around in it,’ he whispered back. ‘Tell no one.’ ‘It goes to my grave,’ I replied, pulling out a chair at our table.” 1 likes