Start by marking “Three Stupid Weddings” as Want to Read:
Three Stupid Weddings

Three Stupid Weddings

Fortunately, its Dominic Lowe to the rescue. Dom is more than willing to come
Published September 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Three Stupid Weddings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Stupid Weddings

Start your review of Three Stupid Weddings
Ami
TWO ASEXUAL MEN. SECONDARY AROMANTIC CHARACTERS. NO SEX ON OR OFF PAGE! BEST FRIENDS. FAKE BOYFRIEND TROPE

I feel like Ann Gallagher (a.k.a. L.A Witt) has written a story that is PERFECT for me in every way. I can't tell you how I appreciate that. Finding asexual romance story that are truly about asexuals -- as in, not having allosexual partner to the rescue -- is like needle in a haystack. Also one without SEX, either on or off page. So this is like precious, PRECIOUS, gem.

In addition, I
Ed Davis
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really didnt like this book. It was boring and Vic was an idiot. I didnt care that they were asexual (in fact other than stating the fact it was basically not an issue). No there just wasnt much to this. If I was L. A. Witt I would have published under a pseudonym. ...more
Annika
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook review

3,5 stars

Three weddings in one summer is a lot. Especially if you're single and still licking your wounds from your latest breakup and have a family bent on setting you up with any and all available men. Safe to say, Victor is not looking forward to it. Until his best friend Dom agrees to play his boyfriend for all three weddings.

Said and done. We follow this duo during wedding preparations, parties and the down times in-between. They fit seamlessly and effortlessly. Three
Lori S.
An OK read. I like that Ms. Gallagher had some aromantics in the story - more please - and bring them to the fore!

One gripe: Star Wars and Star Trek are not the only SF brands in the multi-universe. It's much too easy to fall back on these two brands because everyone knows about them, but there really are other franchises out there. Seek them out. PLEASE.
Lillian Francis
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is lovely. A relatively angst-free story about fake boyfriends and friends to lovers.

NB: There is talk of abusive relationships and eating disorders.

NB2: Both MCs are asexual to varying degrees. It was a pleasure to read about an asexual relationship where the main issue wasn't focused on why they don't want to have sex.
Ela The Queer Bookish
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-maybe
An ace romance without the being ace conflict.

Add the fake relationship trope into that and rest assured that I am very excited to read such a book.

Sadly my excitement didn't survive very long. Now don't get me wrong, Three Stupid Weddings is a nice enough romance but I won't reread it I think. If you're looking for something easy between books it might be a perfect fit but there is not enough depth in it for me.

There would have been the possibility of depth though because Vic's ex boyfriend
Karen
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A simple yet lovely story which I loved. I loved the friendship between Dom and Vic, the fact that they were both asexuals (you don't get much of that on a regular basis), and how the story was developed. Certainly, I think the author could have elaborated on certain issues to give more "depth" to the book and the relationships presented (some things felt kind of... "too easy or too fast"); I would have loved that as well. However, it's a light reading that made me feel happy; not every book has ...more
The_Book_Queen
CW: Eating disorder / problems with food and body image, emotionally/mentally abusive former ex

A quick, fluffy read (well, minus the CW mentioned above). No sex, as both are asexual (one is sex repulsed). Cute and charming and fun, with a good dose of geek (Star Wars, mostly).
Coco.V
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/17/2019)! 🎁
Tinnean
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute story, worth the read. :-)
Steiner
Sep 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think this had good intentions but I didn't buy into the story. The characters were types. The story was old-hat. I am interested in the themes but I didn't love this one.
I gave up... maybe it would have got better but so many books to read. I no longer push through
✿~Danielle~✿
VICTOR NELSON
DOMINIC LOWE

Read 4/2/19 | 4 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book synopsis: On the heels of a painful and long overdue breakup, what Victor Nelson needs is time to lick his wounds. What he doesnt need is everyone in his family trying to play matchmaker so he can find someone new which is exactly what theyll do at the three stupid weddings he has to attend this summer.

Fortunately, its Dominic Lowe to the rescue. Dom is more than willing to come along to all the weddings as his best friends
Laks
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m

I love L.A. Witt's books, but I did not enjoy this one under her pseudonym. The cover looks good. There are multiple tropes in play here - asexuals, eating disorder, fake boyfriend, best friends to lovers.. But it all felt too automatic and well... I didnt feel any of it.

Vic and Dom are old friends. Dom had been in love with Vic for a long time, but never disclosed that fact. Vic is currently recovering from a breakup with an abusive BF and needs support during upcoming three weddings.
Jill Hornor
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aced it!

A story about asexuals that portrays us in a good light and with the ability to have relationships. Amazing. I am more like Vic. I have sex with my husband because it is something he enjoys. I enjoy it solely because it makes him happy. It's a nice intimate thing, but nothing I really need out of our relationship. Now cuddling- that is something I can't do without. This was a fun story made more fun by the fact that I relate so well to the characters.
Leah
Rep: asexual mcs (one is open to sex if his partner wants but otherwise is good without; the other is sex repulsed), chubby mcs, mc with eating disorder, queer secondary characters (aromantic, lesbian, nonbinary)

Warnings: ableism, intrusive thoughts, eating disorder, past abusive relationship, emotional abuse, homophobia, therapy mention

***Disclosure: The author hired me as a sensitivity reader for the ace and aro rep***
Shawna
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m, ebook
Overall, a cute story about best friends in a fake relationship. It was nice to see asexual representation. I don't think Dom realized how bad Vic's previous boyfriend was until they started this caper, and the resolution of that part of the storyline just about serves. I'm also a sucker for a pair of nerds in love. :)
?.?
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tw for emotional abuse, eating disorders, fat shaming, homophobia

This was so sweet I felt myself getting cavities. Ace characters in love!! Aro friends!!! Cute nerds growing close and having fun! Whats not to love 💙 Ive never been a fan of the fake relationship trope, but for ace characters, Im down to read more.
Lorraine
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet gentle love story

This is just sweet and cute and funny. I loved Dom and Vic. They were just nerdy and sweet and whilst Dom is well aware he loves Vic, Vic struggling after a bad break up just knows he needs the support of his best friend. I was smiling at several points and the epilogue was just perfect.
linda camano
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clean and funny

The story line was light, with just enough humor to be enjoyable without being silly. I loved the exchange between the main characters and the way they faced hostility. Good decent book
inaword
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a word: Read the thing! I loved this book. Great friends-to-lovers romance with some pining, fake dating, wedding shenanigans, bantering, and two asexual leads. A good time. Vic has just gotten out of a bad relationship and isnt ready for his family pressuring him to find anyone new. With three upcoming family weddings, hes sure itll be a constant stream of well-meaning matchmaking attempts, and its not something he wants to deal with. Enter Vics best friend Dom, who offers to attend the ...more
Thegirlintheafternoon
An enjoyable bit of fluff that I'm pretty sure I'll forget entirely in a matter of days. 3/5 stars.
Pati
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok

While I loved the ending, and by that I mean the epilogue, I was bored and skimmed through at least half of the story.
Michelle
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
FYI - Ace, no sex

Great, lovable characters. Not a long read.

Hoopla audible
Tessi4M
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can a book be adorable? This one sure was. And made even better by the totally awesome narration - Michael Ferraiuolo is definitely on my favorites list.
Jodi
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Super cute and sweet. Vic and Dom were perfect together once they were able to figure it out. It wasn't easy when they are both asexual. and Vic is so oblivious! Vic's family was adorable as well
Sali
I liked it.
It was cute.
Not much drama, no angst.
I liked that it wasn't some deep searching story.. Just two guys who know each other and finally realise they are more than they are.
Jennie
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beyond Sweet

This was a sweet, feel good romance. Dom and Vic are adorable together, and it was so fun reading about their happily ever after.
Jane Harper
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I must admit, the idea of reading a romance between asexual characters seems a bit dull, since, to be honest, many of us read romance novels partially (or even mostly) for the sex. But the author does a great job of building romantic tension between the MCs which really held my interest. I especially liked the ending/resolution, and the "three stupid weddings" theme.
Alex
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2.5 not for me sorry
Nicki
5* narration with a sweet romantic story.

• Upside Down
  • Ripples & Waves: A Queer Retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Snowflake Kisses (Snowed In - Valentine’s Inc. #6)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Snow Way Out (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #7)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Snow Regrets (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #3)
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • The Husband Gambit
  • Finding Ripley
  • Snow Daze (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #4)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
Ann Gallagher is the slightly more civilized alter ego of L.A. Witt, Lauren Gallagher, and Lori A. Witt. So she tells herself, anyway. When she isn't wreaking havoc on Spain with her husband and trusty two-headed Brahma bull, she writes romances just like her wilder counterparts, but without all the heat.

(Source: Amazon.com.)