Start by marking “Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #1)” as Want to Read:
Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #1)

Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle

(Bluebell Castle #1)

She wasn’t looking for love…

When Lucie Kennington flees the bright lights of London for the quiet Derbyshire countryside, she’s shocked to discover that the heir to the Bluebell Castle estate is far from the wizened employer she expected.

In fact, Arthur Ludworth might just be the most handsome man Lucie’s ever laid eyes on – and a terrible distraction! So when she stumbles
Kindle Edition
Published February 2nd 2019 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Skies Over Bluebell Castle

Berit☀️✨
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, blog-tour
A charming love story sprinkled with warmth and wit!

There is something so magical about a castle, especially for an American like myself. The fact that people actually live in Castles still is so foreign to me, it is the stuff of dreams! Add in a handsome charming castle owner, A cast of fantastic secondary characters, and a bit of a mystery... and you’ve got yourself one Fantabulous story! Sarah Bennett’s words are simply beautiful and full of whimsy and delight!

Lucy needs an escape from the
Finitha Jose
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't know which castle inspired this novel, but it sounds amazing. You can call me biased since I have a castle crush with its memories and unwritten histories and well, finding a hidden treasure is everyone's childhood dream. Sadly, there are not many secret tunnels left to unearth anymore, and so, even though the novel is a tad bit unrealistic, it fulfils every romantic's dream.
The book offers a very light and enjoyable read with one of the perfect happy endings. The castle and its beauti
Dash fan
5☆ Light Hearted Romance, Dash of Mystery and Intrigue!

Spring Skies over Bluebell Castle is a Light hearted fun, story, with a dash of Mystery, intrigue and romance.
Oh and I have to mention... just how wonderful the cover is!

Arthur, Tristan and Iggy are triplets.
They all live in Bluebell Castle.
After some misfortune they have found themselves with money troubles, and are trying to work out how best to save their home.

Lucie finds herself heading to Bluebell Castle to work. After a really rough
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Lucie is a lady whose past she can’t seem to out run. No matter where she goes she is always reminded of it and struggles to escape it. Bluebell Castle seems to be the perfect opportunity to start a fresh though.

I loved the history of Bluebell Castle. At times it felt like I was in another era with characters names like Arthur and Lancelot. I was almost waiting for the knights of the round table to turn up! I think it makes this story almost magical at times and was certainly spellbinding as I w
Shell Cunliffe
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've not read this author before, and this book was a lovely enjoyable read. the only down side was the ending...but as the saying goes you can't have everything.
Elaine
This is a lovely, contemporary story with nobility, mystery, suspense and romance interwoven into a delightful book to escape into. It also has historical elements as the diaries of ancestors and artefacts and works of art they purchased are important elements in the events as they search for valuables that might help fund the restoration and maintenance of the castle.

Lucie Kennington is an art specialist at an auction house and loves her job. She's made an amazing discovery but when it is repla
Els
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Living in a castle must be like a dream come true, right? Well, wrong. Often castles are money eating things and dreams are often turned into nightmares thanks to decisions made by previous heirs.

As much as I hate to burst your bubble, living in a castle is not a bed of roses or should I say bluebells? 😉 But sometimes you only need that one stroke of luck to turn everything around.

When you see the cover, you just wish you could be teleported there. It shouts romance and that’s indeed one of the
Tara
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I did enjoy this it was a light easy read, but for me it couldn’t quite keep me as interested as I would like. It was predictable and I couldn’t quite care about the characters they seemed to lack chemistry. Enjoyable but not my favourite read of these books.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I must say that I really enjoyed this book and am saddened that I have to wait to find out what is next for the Ludworth family. Lucie Kennington is an art specialist at a well known and respected auction house. She loves her job and has just made an amazing discovery of a painting that had been hidden during WWII. When the painting is replaced with a reproduction, she is suspended from her job, accused of fraud. The head of security has been informed of her father's history of embezzling from c ...more
Lisa M
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars...

Lucie leaves her job with a reputable company that specialises in fine art under a bit of a cloud. Shortly after she sees an advert (or rather her mum thrusts it under her face!) for a live-in archivist at the very grand Camland Castle; determined to try and put her controversial ending with her last firm to one side she applies and to her shock is swiftly appointed.

Lucie takes solace at the castle and throws herself into work alongside triplets Arthur (Baronet Arthur Ludworth no les
Fany van  hemelen
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a lovely contemporary novel about love, trust and second chances!

Lucie is starting over again in a little, quit town Derbyshire. After a bad work experience at a prestigious art house, she left her home. Actually Lucie is running away to a place where nobody knows her or her past. From the first moment Lucie arrived, she knew, the job as a curator at the Bluebell Castle isn’t going to be a piece of cake. Arthur, the heir and her employer is not old and ugly, but young and very handsome. Luc
Karen Whittard
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series by best seller Sarah Bennett. This new series is called Bluebell castle and we start the series with this adorable book.

Lucie is looking to escape the hectic Hubble bubble that is London life. Determined the leave the bright light city well and truely behind her. Lucie decides to move to Derbyshire to work at Bluebell castle. Having not met her new employee yet. Lucie believes that he will be an old man with graying hair, a long beard and wizarding magic.

But what greats Lucie is a
Sharon
This is the first book in the Bluebell Castle series. This is also my first book by this author, but after reading this one I will definitely be going to find some more books by her. The two things that attracted me to this book was the beautiful cover with its blue skies, and also the name ‘Bluebell Castle’! It instantly filled my mind with wonderful images of stately homes surrounded by bluebells!

In this story we meet Lucie. Leaving her London job as an art specialist in an auction house, Luci
Nicola Smith
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second Sarah Bennett book that I have read and she does write such lovely and engaging stories.

Lucie Kennington is an art expert, working for a prestigious auction house. But a mix up with a painting means that she finds herself under suspicion of fraud and she is suspended from her job. To make ends meet, she takes a position at Camland Castle, aka Bluebell Castle because of the beautiful flowers that come out aplenty every year.

The new baronet of the castle is Sir Arthur Ludworth
Cheryl M-M
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Bluebell Castle Series, book two – Sunshine Over Bluebell Castle and book three – Starlight over Bluebell Castle are out in July and November of this year.

Quite a few generations of the Ludworth family have been named after characters from the Arthurian legend and the castle is filled with objects that are connected to this obsession. The upper echelon do have a reputation for being slightly eccentric, so I guess this is to be expected.

When I had my first child I sc
Jena Henry
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Take the advice of a woman who knows: when you find love, grasp it in both hand and don’t ever let go.”

Fancy some British literary fiction? How about interesting characters you will truly bond with, a lovely British landscape, and lots of love? Spring Skies over Bluebell Castle is as happy and entertaining a book as its title and pretty cover suggest.

Lucie is a young, professional woman, working in London at her dream job in a prestigious art house. She has overcome a past fraught with major up
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
After being a huge fan of the Butterfly Cove and Lavender Bay Series’ I was thrilled to learn about a new series – Bluebell Castle. Even better was when I received the email from Rachel offering places on the book tour – I think I replied in about 30 seconds.

As expected, Sarah Bennett creates a beautiful setting for her new series in the form of a castle set in acres of woodland and countryside. It’s owned by Authur Ludworth (Baronet) and his siblings Tristan and Iggy. Unfortunately they also ow
Joanne D'Arcy
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucie is on the run. On the run from something she did not actually do, but in the world of antiques, auction houses and reputation she needs to disappear for a while. Holed up in a castle seems a good as place as any.

But there is work to be done at this castle - answering the job advertisement for a curator to record all the artefacts held within Bluebell Castle. Lucie has visions of Arthur Ludworth the current Baronet as some old relic who is going to be as difficult as he is helpful.

What Luci
Kimberly
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Lucie Kennington is an art specialist at a prestigious art house in London. When her discovery of a lost piece from WWII turns out to be a fraud, she is suspended is accused of the fraud. While at home, the weight of the possibility of losing the job she loves and the connection to her family past causes her to hide under the covers for a while. I know I would want to hide too! Her mom gets her out of bed and shows her an advert for an art specialist at a castle in the Derbyshire countryside tha ...more
Kirsty Oughton
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although I didn’t read this beautiful story in one sitting I was still captivated by every single page! We meet Lucie who is having a bit of bother in her life which leads her to apply for a job at the grand Bluebell Castle. These events lead us to meet the gorgeous baronet Arthur Ludworth and his siblings Tristan and Iggy, among other quaint characters such as Lancelot and Mrs W. I adored the setting of Bluebell Castle as it made me feel like I was transported to a different period of time when ...more
Grace J Reviewerlady
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a super read! Best news of all is that's it's the first in a new series.

Lucie needs to get out of London and a short-term contract living in a real castle seems like the ideal escape. Certain that she will find her new employer to be an older gentleman of the aristocracy, she is shocked to be faced by a contemporary, Arthur - or should that  be Sir Arthur to her? Having inherited the title but not the wealth to keep the estate going, the family are hoping that Lucie will discover some long
Karen Huxtable
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review   4.5 stars  Art, Castles, Love and Spring what is not to love !

I knew I would love this book as soon as Rachel's Random Resources  invited me to join the Blog tour. Thank you Rachel for the gifted copy of the book in return for a fair and honest review.

I instantly liked the characters and empathised with Lucie with the loss of her father and his hidden past. I quickly felt part of the family at Bluebell Castle and I loved the strong relationship between the siblings as one of three ch
Amber Brooke
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed meeting the Ludworths and of course Lucie. Lucie was such a heartwarming and relatable character. The story of her past and her relationship with her mother really pulled on my heart strings.
We meet Lucie as she is being suspended from her job for an instance she has nothing to do with. Lucie's mother pulls her out of a fun by showing her an add in the local paper looking for an appraiser to come do inventory and investigate some pieces in a castle. (Who doesn't want a paid adve
FNM
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author and Rachel’s Random Resources for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I have to say I really got sucked into this book from the start! It is a great, easy compelling read and I really enjoyed getting to know both Lucie and Arthur! Now I don’t think I have read a book that contains an actual castle in a very long time, and it was great to have the descriptions and history around the castle as well as the romance that comes into play. I also reall
Lindsey
An adorable modern romance - quick to read and easy to love. My only "complaint" is that the ending could have had a bit more depth but we all love a happily ever after and that was definitely implied and it would be my hope that the author will weave some more bits of their story in the continuation of the series (which have been added to my TBR shelf.)

Includes a heated scene or two (perceived or otherwise) but I didn't find it objectionable. Overall, a fun little book to escape in with likeab
Kym G
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I can honestly say I judged a book by it's cover here, and expected a light easy story that I’d forget in a months time. It is easy to read, but in a way that’s delightful and interesting. The characters that live in the castle have personality and gumption, and throughout the story you keep crossing your fingers hoping for the best. The writing and plot were realistic and I felt like I was really there, a
Anjana
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The strength of a good book in this genre are in its character depictions and the amount of attachment we can form with them given the time we have once they are introduced to us. This is a trilogy with a trio of triplets as the main leads.

First up we have the new Baron Ludworth. The second eldest of the three but the eldest male is now heir to a rambling castle and a sizable cash flow problem. He is heartbroken over his father's death but is putting together as stable a plan as possible with th
Kathleen Gray
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucie thinks her sojourn in the Derbyshire countryside will be a tonic to what happened to her in London. She wasn't expecting the new Baronet at Bluebell Castle to be dishy. Or that his family would all be named after character in Arthurian legend. The Castle and the family are on the rocks and when Lucie, a curator, finds a painting that might be valuable, there's cause for celebration. These two are cute, as are Arthur's siblings (and the two other triplets), Igraine, and Tristan. The family ...more
Michelle Rideout
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by Sarah Bennett

Found this very hard to put down, the book grabs you straight away. There's characters that you hate others you love, this is a sign of a great book along with involving your emotions. The characters are very life like and you can certainly build up a mental picture of how they look. If you've not read any of Sarah's books before why not!?
Nicola Parkinson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet romantic read that felt like it was set in a past time

I LOVED how this book was set out, I’m not usually a mushy book reader but Sarah Bennett awakens the girly girl in me with her books and this one didn’t disappoint!

A fun loving book (with a sprinkle of naughtiness) that can be picked up and put down or devoured in one go.

Book 1 of a series of 3, you know it’s going to be a book for each Ludworth, I can’t wait to see what Sarah has planned for Tristan and Iggy.
Goodreads Librari...: Please assign this title to me 3 19 Oct 24, 2018 07:33AM
Sarah Bennett has been reading for as long as she can remember. Raised in a family of bookworms, her love affair with books of all genres has culminated in the ultimate Happy Ever After – getting to write her own stories to share with others.

Born and raised in a military family, she is happily married to her own Officer (who is sometimes even A Gentleman). Home is wherever he lays his hat, and lif

Bluebell Castle (3 books)
  • Sunshine Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #2)
  • Starlight Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle, Book 3)