Start by marking “Splatter” as Want to Read:

Splatter

Splatter, is a colorful, unique story about teamwork and perseverance. The characters, in their quest to create the perfect piece of art, learn the importance of not giving up despite some challenging obstacles. In the end, they become closer friends because they discover some new things along the way.

hardcover, 32 pages
Published September 5th 2018 by Diane Alber Art LLC

To ask other readers questions about Splatter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Splatter

Start your review of Splatter
Holly Letson
This is a wonderful story about working together to create something wonderful.
Shaye Miller
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
In rhyming text, this little book is the story of three “splatters” named red, yellow, and blue (as seen on the book cover). Each splatter works on their own until one day, after a little encouragement and experimenting, they try something new: TEAMWORK! In the end, they’re proud of their beautiful artwork as well as a variety of new colors they created together (orange, green, violet, indigo, navy, etc.).

In the back there’s a “Next Steps” section to guide adults and teachers in how to use the b
Lulu's Book Journey
Amazing things happen when you work together!

Red, Blue and Yellow are just three primary colors who like doing their own thing! Each color is comfortable and satisfied in their own colorful world! But what happens when three forces come together? Creativity, beauty, and wonder! Red, Blue, and Yellow discover that while yes, they were special on their own they can be amazing when they come together as one! This is not only a fun book to read, it is also a great book to introduce primary and secon
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
This is a great read aloud book of a colorful crew of paint splatters of red, yellow and blue. They played by themselves but red had a thought. Let's play together on one piece of paper to create a beautiful picture for the wall. Blue went first but used the whole page. Yellow did the same. Red wanted to give it one more try. Did they use teamwork to paint one picture? Did they discover they could mix their colors together and make a pretty new cover?
I borrowed this book on a Kindle Unlimited w
Karyn Marie
Such a cute story!

As an art teacher I'm always looking for new books to add to my classroom. I love that this story covers not just art (with the primary and secondary colors) but also the concept of working together, something our students seem to struggle with (learning how to get along and share ideas). I also really enjoyed the rhyming too, the flow of it almost reminded me of Dr. Seuss.
Rylee Kochersperger
Art teacher s dream

This is a simple yet adorable book that teaches primary colors and color mixing. I can’t wait to read this to my students and do a project based on these little splatters. I know my kids will be engaged with this story and they will be learning at the same time!!! This art teacher thanks you!!
Monica Cruz
Quick fun and catchy

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!! The rhyming, the illustrations everything is cute and engaging. Lots of rhyming words so on top of teaching teamwork, colors, etc you can also have students pick our the rhyming pair. Will definitely order a physical cover for my personal library
Stacie Ebnet Dietz
Teamwork Theme!

Splatter was a hit with my 6 year old! He loved helping read the rhyming words and enjoyed the beautiful artwork! The lessons in working as a team and creating artwork together was fantastic. He promptly wanted to paint splatters just like this book! Highly recommend and can’t wait to read it to my third graders next!
Sergio
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome illustrations

Great book about teamwork! Easy book to show what primary colors make and easy to transition into an art activity . I would recommend for teachers and parents.
Diane
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Red, Blue and Yellow have always worked along when creating their pictures. But whey they team up, the results are beautiful. "Wow! Teamwork is fun."

Bright, vibrant colors make the illustrations jump off the page.
H.K. Boughazian
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book for young artists

The illustrations and characters are great. They really have a lot of personality. The story is cute and really shows how teamwork can make something beautiful.
April Davis
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love how complex it was in its simplicity

I love that the characters learned to work together and the subtle teaching that takes place. I also love the list at the end that spells out how to have a discussion about the book.
Miranda
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Splatter

This book is very cute. I love the way teamwork was incorporated. I would love to use this to talk about working in groups and helping each other. I had to turn my screen to sideways for the kindle version to view the book properly.
Julie Campbell Sohm
Lessons in teamwork and art

Great lessons for kids in working together! I particularly liked the steps at the end to encourage conversations about working together as well as art. Awesome job!
Teresa Martens
Love it!!

I loved the book. It is so creative and sends a great message. I would recommend it for young children.
Heydi Smith
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-storytime
Working together can take some tries before we succeed. This book shows us the spectacular results.

Perfect for any cooperation or sharing Storytime.
Talea
It was a cute way to teach about teamwork using the way colors work together to create artwork.
Alicia Evans
For: color/art fans; readers looking for a book about working together with a brief discussion of color theory.

Possible red flags: fighting with friends; not playing well with others.
Laurie Clark
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cute story that teaches about the primary and secondary colors along with when you work as a team you can accomplish some amazing art!
Laura Heath
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great message

A nice way to use colour mixing to show the importance of teamwork. One in a series of stories. Great.
Kelly
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love this series.
Nancy Messina
I love this story. The rhyme is fun and I like that it encourages teamwork. For a 3 year old individual play is all the rage so having stories that discuss teamwork is great.
Stacey Reid
Joy filled learning!

What a great book! This will be great for young artist and young friends! I love the teaching questions at the end of the book as well.
Jennifer DeMent
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We really enjoyed this

It describes how team work can be difficult, but is rewarding. It’s a wonderful book for kids and also incorporates color mixing.
Melissa Edwards
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun and engaging way to show teamwork in a positive way
Cheri
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book about teamwork and perseverance! Also a connection to art.
K Hilmen
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!

A wonderful new book on color mixing! Perfect way to start out the new school year with my littles. Can’t wait to share it with them.
Anabel Weeks
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute and fun to read!

A wonderful introduction for kids on coloring mixing. I am looking forward to reading this to my students! There’s many ways to tie this book into art lessons.
Louisa
Sep 27, 2019
Amanda
Oct 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Don't Paint the Cat: Can there really be too much of a good thing?
  • Do Not Read This Book (Sammy Bird)
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • The Hiccupotamus
  • Happy Little Pine
  • The Very Hungry Spider (Silly Wood Tale Book 1)
  • How The Unicorn Was Born
  • My Camel Wants To Be a Unicorn: a children's book about empathy and a mopey camel
  • What's the Worst that Could Happen?
  • The Cherry on Top: A Story about Embracing Differences
  • King Sammy (Sammy Bird Series)
  • The WORST Haircut EVER! (Sammy Bird)
  • The Biggest Baddest Bear (Silly Wood Tale Book 2)
  • The Do-Over Day: a children's book about surviving the worst day ever
  • Sammy Is a Sore Loser (Sammy Bird)
  • The Worst Birthday Book in the Whole Entire World: A fun and silly children's book for kids and adults about birthdays. (Entire World Books 5)
  • Sammy Has a Fever (Sammy Bird)
  • I Want to Be a HERO (Sammy Bird)

News & Interviews