Start by marking “Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)

Aru Shah and the Song of Death

(Pandava Quintet #2)

Best-selling author Rick Riordan presents best-selling author Roshani Chokshi and her sequel to Aru Shah and the End of Time. Aru is only just getting the hang of this whole Pandava thing when the Otherworld goes into full panic mode. The god of love's bow and arrow have gone missing, and the thief isn't playing Cupid. Instead, they're turning people into heartless ...more
Published April 30th 2019 by Rick Riordan Presents

Start your review of Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
Tova
YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE THE SLEEPER OUT OF THE NEXT BOOK ROSHANI CHOKSHI! RTC

*chants* BHIMA. BHIMA. BHIMA.

Is it just me or does that creature look like the crab from Moana who is obsessed with shiny things (but like with Maui's hook thing)?? I love this cover though.
Alexandra Elend Wolf

"The song of death was like ice creeping across a windowpane, and a warning shout unleashed too late, and the silent chime of a moment that has been forgotten forever. It was impossible, painful, and ultimately, inevitable."

After reading Aru Shah and the End of Time last year and enjoying it deeply I was more than excited to get my hands into this one.

Interestingly enough, the story resumes a very short time after we left Aru the last time. I thought this was gonna spend some
Taylor
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"The song of death was like ice creeping across a windowpane, and a warning shout unleashed a second too late, and water closing over your head, and the silent chime of a moment that has been forgotten forever. It was impossible and painful and, ultimately, inevitable."

...

Oh, how I love this colorful, heartwarming middle-grade series.

Aru Shah and the Song of Death is the second book in the Pandava Quartet, and a wonderful sequel to Aru Shah and the End of Time. I can't say a lot about this
Ashley
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating : 5 STARS!

I’m doing my happy dance. I can’t. stop.

I loved this so much. Literally. So. Much.

RTC so much to say ! So much to love ! Plus I’m too busy singing and dancing with glee.

vvv THEBEST vvv [the instant the first WORD to this lyric was said, I think I died of happiness. After singing it through, of course. Three times. One of my favorite parts of Mulan]

We must be...
Swift as the coursing river,
With all the Force of a great typhoon ,
With all the Strength of a raging fire ;

Sahitya
I’ve been so excited to read this sequel since I finished the first book a couple of weeks ago. It was such fun and I completely fell in love with the characters and I’ve been waiting to know what happens to them next, and this book was just as spectacular.

While the previous book gave us an introduction to this world of reincarnated Pandavas and prophecies and the Otherworld, we get to go deeper into it in this one. The plot is slightly different this time around, because the characters are more
rachel ☾
#1) Aru Shah and the End of Time

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Cory Marie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roshani Chokshi can really do it all. The humor in this is so on point, and even though there was some pretty stressful action scenes, this wonderful book was so full of perfectly woven mythologies and endearing friendships. “Rick Riordan Presents” books are a gift to readers everywhere, and I can’t wait to get my hands on even more of these beautifully diverse stories!!
Obsidian
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not too much to say here except that this was fun ride with Aru. I think that Chokshi did a great job with the adventure story-line while still giving a fun flavor to old stories that Aru, Mimi and the newest additions have heard about. We also had a great set-up into the next book as well.

'Aru Shah and the Song of Death" has soul sisters Aru and Mimi trying to track down a thief who stole the god of Love's bow and arrow. Coming across someone that they believe stole it, Aru and Mimi come across
Nicole
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Copy received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Aru Shah fights Otherworld monsters and saves the day again - this time, without the Spider-man pajamas. Now with double the friends!

I liked the second installment in the Pandava Quartet, but only after I embraced all the modern-day meme references and general wackiness that was most of the dialogue. Aru Shah and the Song of Death is a good sequel, but you have to get into the fact that this book is childish since it's aimed at
Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)
This review can also be found on my blog!

4.5/5

1. Aru Shah and the End of Time – 4/5

If I thought that the first book was good, I was blown away by this one!

It picks up, roughly, where the first book leaves off. There are slight spoilers for that ending, but not for the general plot of the first book.

After Mini and Aru go through their first adventure after finding out they’re reincarnations of the Pandava brothers (this time, Pandava sisters!) they discover the third one of their bunch. Brynne.
Lata
Total fun. Since book one already introduced the idea that Aru and Mini are essentially reincarnations/manifestations of two of the Pandava brothers, I was already comfortable with Roshani Chokshi's myth-based world. And since I had also read child's versions of the Mahabharata and the Ramayana at least 20 times each, many of the gods, demigods, rakshasas and other beings were familiar.
This time, we have two more kids along for a new quest. The story picks up shortly after book one, and it's
Mila
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great sequel to an already great first book and I'm officially in love with this series. I loved all the characters, the story was full of adventures and I personally found the jokes to be very funny. So this book was all kinds of awesome and I can't wait to read the next one!
Jenny Baker
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series. It's so much fun! Great audiobook narration. It's a shame this series is so underrated. I highly recommend it!
Claire Jackson
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-to-binge
I can't wait for this book to come out! Roshani, I really hope you would have people pre-order it so we read it on April 15 (the day before the book comes out) I can't want OMGSH ...more
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I adored Aru Shah and the Song of Death. I think I might have liked it even more than book one!

Someone stole a bow and arrows and created "the heartless". They were all males and were basically zombies. Uloopi blamed the Pandavas and gave them a mission to retrieve the stolen property in ten days or these lose their Otherworld memories and be banned from there.

Aru, Mini, and Brynne are joined by Aiden even though he's not a Pandava. Brynne and Aiden are actually best friends, but this is the boy
Brenda Waworga
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After being disappointed with "The Gilded Wolves", "Aru Shah and The Song Of Death" restored my trust for Roshani Chokshi

What i love so much about this series is The Hinduism Mythology story combine with adventure and humors! (about Pandava Brothers) its like learning and adventuring at the same time

Now talking about the Villains, i love how Roshani wrote them with tragic background stories, it makes me feel the story have mo depth

If you love Middle Grade Fantasy and also love to learn more
BookishStitcher
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series so much! It's fascinating learning new things about Indian mythology all the while laughing more than I ever laugh while reading because Roshani Chokshi is hilarious!
Queen Cronut
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, netgalley, 2019
Wow, this book was so much fun to read- I liked it a lot more than the first book.

In the second installment of the Pandava Quartet, Aru Shah and the Song of Death, we get more character development, mythology that is beautifully portrayed and of course, humor.

While I liked Aru and Mini in the first book, they grew on me in this book as through their character arcs and I loved them even more. Also, I liked the introduction of new characters, Brynne (cooking fanatic/sarcasm expert/likes girls and
Taylor Ramirez
Sep 29, 2018 marked it as series-i-won-t-finish
9/29/18: "The god of love's bow and arrow have gone missing, and the thief isn't playing Cupid. Instead, they're turning people into heartless fighting-machine zombies. If that weren't bad enough, somehow Aru gets framed as the thief."

*sighs* So Aru Shah is the love thief.
Erin
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, fantasy
Aru and Minnie are on a new adventure. Together with two new friends, they must battle demons as they travel through the serpent realm the god of love's stolen bow and arrow.

This was a fun sequel. I loved getting to learn more about the mythology and see Aru and Minnie grow. The new characters were a welcome addition to this novel. Aiden and Brynne are wonderful characters and I can't wait to see them more and see how they grow along with the other two main characters. They both offer something
- ̗̀ amy ̖́-
I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS SO MUCH MY HEART IS SO FULL AND WARM
Andrea
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Aru & Minnie have finally gotten the hang of being Pandava's, well mostly. When random citizens are being kidnapped and turned into zombie like creatures, Aru & Minnie must prove their innocence by finding the god of love's bow & arrow. If they don't succeed they'll be kicked out of the Otherworld for good. This time they have a new Pandava, Brynne, and her friend, Aiden, to deal with who are hiding their own secrets and insecurities.

These books are such fun. I love middle grade for
Jordan (pagetravels)
This book was just so much FUN. Full of adventure and jokes and characters you can't help but fall in love with. I can't recommend this series enough for ANY age.
Alyssa Indira
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
**No spoilers were harmed in the making of this review**

"In one light, something may seem monstrous, and in another it is perhaps not so terrible after all"

Hey guys, so I finished Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2) by Roshani Chokshi. This sequel, more or less, picked up where the first left off, with the main issue at hand, the bow. And the adventure for that bow, was quite...intriguing. the things they had to do were unique and some of their situations, or rather the
Daphne
Just as much fun as the first one! I continue to really appreciate Aru as a main character. She's so funny to read about, but also feels so real. I really like how much she actually acts like her age, without the author falling into traps of making her do really silly things just because she's young.

I enjoyed how much this book expanded the world and how it introduced new characters. The way friendships developed over time was really well done, and I look forward to seeing how future books
Noelle Walsh
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
You know a book is super good when you can sit down and read most, if not all, of it in one sitting. That's what happened to me while reading this book that is just so perfectly amazing that it is impossible to put down! Is it wrong to say I wish I had my hands on the next book now? I need the next one, like, yesterday. I love Aidan, I love Brynne, I love Aru, I love Mini, I love all of these characters! the humour is perfect, along with the plot, well-developed everything(!) I just want more! ...more
Lori Harris
My Review on Blog

This is so precious!I loved this book so much especially since I loved Aru Shah and the End of Time , the first book in the series. This will obviously contains spoilers for that book, but no spoilers will be in this book.

The book was really wonderful, and I was really happy about the fact that it didn't suffer from the second book sequel syndrome. The fact that it almost reminds of The Lightning Thief, but it's completely different from that at least.

Pop Culture:
Oh my god? I'm
Jaime
Apr 28, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Percy Jackson, anybody interested in a fun adventure involving Hindu mythology
Aru Shah and the Song of Death takes what was started in book one and amplifies it. There are more characters, more Hindu mythology, and more risks. But just because there are greater costs doesn’t mean the book isn’t fun. There are also more absurd encounters (like a giant crab complaining about singing songs from Moana) and fantastic fandom references. (Can I please be invited to Aru’s Lord of the Rings themed birthday party? Because it sounds amazing!)

Like any good middle grade series, the
Mahati S.
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So! I finally finished this book. And can I say, Rosh, you really did it this time!

This book was so hilarious! And combined with Aru’s terribly sarcastic humor, Brynn(did I spell this right?)’s very arrogant commentary, and everybody’s relationship, all in all I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Alongside that, I am also Hindu, and I loved being able to connect with all of the Mythology in this book, and to be able to remember these beloved stories that I read when I was really young!

Now only to wait for the next
michelle (magical reads)

Roshani Chokshi has done it again with her new middle-grade book. The writing, as usual, was beautiful, and you can definitely see the amount of love and research she's poured into this series. I adored the new characters (Brynne saying she likes boys and girls! Brynne throwing out "they" as a pronoun choice! Aiden being the grandma friend!), as well as falling in love with Aru and Mini again. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

original review:

cuteee

• The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)
  • Dragon Pearl
  • Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #1)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Game of Stars (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #2)
  • The Serpent's Secret (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #1)
  • 9 From the Nine Worlds
  • A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • Race to the Sun
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • The Last Life of Prince Alastor (Prosper Redding, #2)
  • Freedom Fire (Dactyl Hill Squad, #2)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • The Strangers (Greystone Secrets, #1)
  • A Sprinkle of Spirits (Love Sugar Magic, #2)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
Roshani Chokshi is the New York Times bestselling author of The Star-Touched Queen and A CROWN OF WISHES. Her middle grade debut, ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME, released April 3, 2018 from Disney/Rick Riordan Presents. The sequel, ARU SHAH AND THE SONG OF DEATH is slated to release April 30, 2019. Her next young adult novel, THE GILDED WOLVES, is slated for January 15, 2019. Chokshi's work has ...more

Pandava Quintet (4 books)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes (Pandava Quartet, #3)
  • Untitled #4 (Pandava Quartet, #4)
“All I'm saying is that no one can take your place if you make room for them. Trust yourself more than you distrust others.” 5 likes
“Aru didn't want to see all those gray spaces between good and bad - she just wanted things to be easy.” 2 likes