Start by marking “Withered: A Bridge Novella of the HKW Universe (Monsters, #0.25)” as Want to Read:
Withered: A Bridge Novella of the HKW Universe (Monsters, #0.25)

Withered: A Bridge Novella of the HKW Universe

(Monsters #0.25)

"Withered" is a bridge novella by Heather Killough-Walden linking The Lost Angels series and The Kings series to the Monsters series.

Withered...

During an ultimate war with evil and the battle that brought it to an end once and for all, The Kings and Queens of the Thirteen Realms joined forces against Hatred, Lust, and Death… and in the ensuing catastrophic chaos, the fabri
ebook
Published September 3rd 2018 by Heather Killough-Walden (first published August 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Withered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Withered

Start your review of Withered: A Bridge Novella of the HKW Universe (Monsters, #0.25)
Candace Tidwell
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so excited! Walden is one of my absolute favorite authors. There is not one book of hers that I have not read.
Withered is phenomenal and bridges the King series to the soon to be released Monsters series. Get ready for answers and surprises. Some revelations will be bitter sweet and will also have you hooked like a fish for what's to come. Exciting things are coming and you will not want to miss them. Buy the book and get a sneak peak for what the future holds!
Theresa
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Novelette connecting the “Kings’ series and the ‘Lost Angels’ series with the new upcoming ‘Monsters’ series. Since I wasn’t intending to read the ‘Lost Angel’s series (nor the ‘Big Bad Wolf’ series) I’m not sure how/if I’m going to continue. That’s why I’m reading this novella to see how my interest goes.

It starts immediately after the final war the Kings and their Queens fought in the book ‘The Time King’. You don’t “have to” read that series to understand and enjoy this but it would be recomm
Kris
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, own
This read requires some brain cells: Do not read at night or when you are tired. It's really a great novella bridging her series; I just found a few too many loose ends and it could have used a little more transition in spots. Felt too surreal some times and my poor, tired brain struggled to keep up. But I love it enough to buy book 1 of new series (Monsters) and will troop forward hoping to fill in the blanks. Editing, writing and overall apples to apples? This is a B+/A-. Premise for the new s ...more
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Withered Transports You To The Next World

When last we left our Kings and Queens - Time had crashed 2 worlds together - and dimensions now changed. This thinning of the “veil” also allows ancient evils to cross over. Heather uses this quick teaser to prepare us for her next series “Monsters”. And I’m delighted there still be dragons! And our Kings and Queens. Thank you HKW for this delightful bite. First in the new series drops on the author’s favorite holiday - Halloween. As she knows I don’t li
Kat
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some kinda wonderful !

Perfect bridge from the Kings to the Monsters, and a great introduction to the first book in the Monsters series. Looks like this series will have elements of The Big Bad Wolf, The Kings and The Lost Angels. Great reads, all of them! I highly recommend the books by Heather Killough-Walden, a quiet corner with a comfy chair, a cup of tea and any kind of sweet that take your fancy. Enjoy! 👍💖📖📚☕🍩
Rebecca  Nadine
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Withered and was immediately surprised at how much the world has changed since the events of The Time King. For example, Mimi is an adult!? What? When did that happen?
If you are a fan of HKW's books, then you are going to love Withered. It only hints at things to come, but is bringing with it familiar characters from other series, while introducing new ones. This new world has a lot in store for everyone involved and I cannot wait to see what happens next.
Kelly
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! If you wasn't on edge waiting for the 1st books of new series you will be now!

If you've never read a HKW book now's the time to get started! She has woven a world of pure on edge of your seat series. Now's the time to catch up before the new series starts in Oct! So grab your fav blanket and cozy up for one hellava ride!!!
Ps. Start with the Big Bad Wolf series. Then the Kings. Angels was first but I did it in this order and loved it more this way.
Marjolijn
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looooooved it!!

Seriously can't wait for the monster series!! Heather has perfectly made a bridge between the series! Is it 31 October yet? I want to read the following book please 😍
Linda Allen
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Heather 's worlds

Loved this taster for the upcoming new series 'monster's, was good to catch up with so many familiar characters but hated when it ended lol
Anticipating wonderful things from the new soon off series, can't wait ☺
Mhollie
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't leave me hanging...

That makes me nuts! Good world building & lead in to the 'Monsters' series. A ton of new characters to take in in such a short read. Not real clear on them. Maybe that's the point.
Avril Haughey
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book left a lot of loose ends. I will be chaffing here waiting to read all the stories this bridging novel has started!!
Lauri McNabb
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

As always, Heather drawn me into her newest universe. Can't wait for the next installment and to hear more about the newest cast of characters.
Cheryl R. Haley
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked

Can’t wait to read the rest! Very intriguing and mysterious. A lot of possibilities going on and no one knows where they are leading to.
Julissa Tavarez
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book. I love Heather's Universe!! She never let me down, always can count on her story telling, the twist on her plots, ah, just wonderful. Can't wait to read her next book.
Michelle
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love

I cannot wait for the monsters series this book just west my appetite for more books so good cannot wait.
Peggy Brown
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting as always 😍

Highly recommend this author she is a favorite of mine. I am never disappointed reading any of her novels. I can't wait for the next book.
Lynne Cooke
Oct 22, 2018
Lorelei
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!

Loved this book! I enjoyed how we get a look at how things are now since the ending of time king!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Prisoner of Night (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16.5)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Detour (Cyn and Raphael Novella Vampires in America, #13.5)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Nicole (The Mate Series, #1)
  • Gabriel (Stone Warriors, #3)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Viktor (The Protectors, #13)
  • Leopard's Run (Leopard People #10)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Lachlan: Vampires in Europe (Vampires in America #13)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)
  • Forbidden Secrets (Lee County Wolves, #5)
  • Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website ...more

Monsters (2 books)
  • The Good, The Bad, The Cursed (Monsters, #1)