Start by marking “Holding Her Hero” as Want to Read:
Holding Her Hero

Holding Her Hero

Losing her fiancé in Army combat nearly killed her, but a cocky Marine could save her…

To ask other readers questions about Holding Her Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding Her Hero

Coco.V
Aug 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/13/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Pastry chef Mandy Palmer is living on autopilot after the death of her fiancé. Her grandmother’s plea for help offers the sense of purpose she desperately needs. Still, rejoining the living doesn’t mean she’s ready to give her heart to the hunky Marine working by her side to repair her grandmother’s house. She knows better than to risk loving a military man again.

Accordi
Pearl Powell
Straightforward, predictable military romance

It was okay, nothing exciting. An all in all easy read with a nice backdrop and nice people. I skimmed, but I skimmed to the end.
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Wow! What an amazing military romance! Holding Her Hero surprised me. I expected something different when I picked it up, but I was pleasantly surprised with what I got. This book has romance, drama, heartbreak, and heat. If you like military romances, you will enjoy this book.
The plot of this book surprised me. This is something like a second chance romance. Not in the sense that the couple has been together before, but in the sense that each person has had a broken heart and find a second chan
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A SWEET-A-LICOUS, ROMANTIC STORY THAT TAKES THE BREATH AWAY AND MAKES THE HEART JUUUUST MELT!

I do so love a romance with a military man. And Mitch is so delectable! Sexy, protective, caring and determined he knows what to say and do to get under Mandy's armor and make her rethink taking on another military man. Both these characters are easy to love. Their personalities meshed beautifully and the romance and chemistry had my heart beating wildly and made me happ
JoeJanie Pequeno
Keep your enemies close

I absolutely loved it. I voluntarily chose to read and review this book. It is well written with an awesome storyline and the characters unfold beautifully.

Strong military families and members show how much strength it takes on both sides to be in the military and to have someone you love in the service. It takes strength to be able to send off your loved one without crying and not know if you’re going to see them again. It’s heart wrenching to have to say good bye to you
Shermaine Dowling
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing first book!

After I finished reading the book, I learned in the Acknowledgement that this was the first book Ms Lamont had written. I had been thinking, as I prepared my review in my mind, that I was a little irritated with how wishy-wasn't Mandy was with Mitch. Having lost her fiance -- her only love -- killed in action in Afghanistan, and knowing that Mitch was going to (and did) fly off on missions, and this being a first book, I slid off that irritation and enjoyed the love story b
Joyce
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 SUPER DUPER SHINY BRIGHT STARS

Emotional, touching and heart warming are just a few emotions this beautiful story brought out of me. From the very emotional beginning to the touching ending, this is one of the best books I've read in awhile. It literally drained every emotion I held inside. I just couldn't put it down.
This was the first book I've read by this author and it definitely will not be my last. Thank you Amy for this heartwarming story!!!
HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! !!!
Deb Diem
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holding Her Hero is a fabulous military romance by Amy Lamont. Ms. Lamont has delivered a well-written book and filled it with phenomenal characters. Mitch is "adopted" for the length of his deployment by Abigail, an older lady. They become friends when he returns to home. Mandy is in California to visit her grandmother. Mitch and Mandy's story is loaded with drama, humor and sizzle. I enjoyed reading Holding Her Hero and look forward to reading more from Any Lamont soon.
Julie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mitch and Mandy Overcoming

A good first novel covering a difficult subject (which is in the blurb). Mitch was a bit of a jerk - tons of assumptions going on with him on his end and if there was ever an emotionally constipated hero, his is it. Mandy had good reason for her anxiety, and honestly, has a bigger forgiving heart than I would have! I did like their conversation that dealt with his attitude. It’s good reading, I’m glad I read it.
Gina
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally charged

This story really puts into perspective the anxieties with watching a military loved one being sent on a mission. Mandy already lost her fiance to an IED and then she meets Mitch an active duty marine. They are both cautious for different reason, but when things get real, how they respond to having a relationship will almost end a future together.
Heather in FL
Cute story. I liked how Mitch was brought into the family by Mandy's grandmother. I got a little tired of Mandy sort of holding up Mitch's military profession as a security blanket, so I totally understood when Mitch had basically had enough. She did an admirable job of groveling once she pulled her head out of her ass.
Christine
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free Amazon

For honest review this is a story of captain Mitch Taylor a marine with no family . when one day he gets a package from Abigail Palmer a grandmother who adopted a marine from hand from home. Which brings him to meet her granddaughter mandy. This is a beautiful story that shows some trials these characters go through.
Erin
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and emotional read. I love how the misunderstandings don't tear them apart. It's kind of a fluffy read but if you don't want all the mess of tons of background people and details to just focus on the characters this makes it a fun story.
P
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and sexy!

This story had me choking up in the prologue! I too, am thankful for our troops and for the “Hands from Home” who adopt them. Such a sweet, sexy story - I found myself grinning for much of the story. Some angst, but a nice HEA wrap up.
Jacqueline Ellison
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an emotional romance and the characters go through loss, drama, romance and so much more. I really enjoyed the soldier storyline and the characters were relatable. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Gladys
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this emotional romance. Mandy and Mitch's romance is far from smooth sailing as both have loved and lost before, and have the baggage to prove it. This book is filled with sweetness, steam, drama, the pain of loss and the struggle to open yourself to love again. A very good read.
Leann McKay
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love my Marine

This is a wonderful quick read about Marines and the women who love them! It takes a strong woman to love an military soldier.....and an even stronger one to love a Marine. Especially when they don’t know how strong they are. A must read!
Charity Chimni
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mandy and Mitch are awesome together! He helps her realize she can overcome her fears and she becomes the home he is seeking. Full of emotion, passion, family, drama, and love. A great book!
Kym
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touching and wonderful story!
Cherie Maggi
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goid

I enjoyed this story. The characters caught my attention immediately drawing me in. I will definitely read more by this author.
Pat
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely gave me all of the feels from the turn of the very first page! The great character and fantastic plot kept me totally engaged until the turn of the very last page!
Messy Bun Book Blog
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GAH!! I love EVERYTHING about this story! Great story line and amazing characters!! This is my first Amy Lamont story, but I cannot wait for more!!
Shawanna
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a good read
Evonne Hutton
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fitting romance for the men and women who serve and the toll on the ones left behind
Good story line and well written
WB
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holding Her Hero by Amy Lamont is an amazing story.
An emotional story that is impossible to put down.
Another truly Great story by Amy.
Read Today you won’t be disappointed.
Janice
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy Palmer is living on autopilot after the death of her soldier fiancé. When she checks on her grandmother across the USA she meets Mitch Taylor the marine her grandmother "adopted" years earlier.
Pattim
Sep 07, 2018
Maryanne
Sep 11, 2018
Ana Tereza Ferreira
rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Sweet on You (Wilde Sisters #1)
  • A Heavenly Christmas (Heavenly Christmas #1)
  • The Serafina: Sin City Series Box Set
  • Distiller's Choice (Bourbon Springs, #4)
  • The Line Collection (The Line, #1-4)
  • Sugar (Delicious Boys and Sweet Treats #1)
  • Dirty Little Mistake (Dirty #2)
  • A Teaspoon of Trouble (Bachelor Bake-Off, #1)
  • Relentless (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #5)
  • Sugar Dragon: A Kinship Cove Fun & Flirty Romance
  • Just Desserts (Holland Springs, #4)
  • Dasher Claws (The Twelve Mates Of Christmas, #1)
  • Taste: A Bad Boy Chef Romance
  • Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Her Brother, Her Hero
  • A Very Merry Witchmas (Main Street Witches, #4)
  • Saul's Sweetheart (Heroes for Hire #8)
  • Tiny Treats

USA Today bestselling author Amy Lamont writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance filled with quirky heroines, alpha heroes, and always a happily ever after. Whether she’s writing about world-weary billionaires or rugged bear shifters, she loves nothing more than delivering stories with just as much heart as heat.

Amy lives in a small town outside of New York City with her husband, twin dau