Start by marking “The Heart of Him” as Want to Read:
The Heart of Him

The Heart of Him

Sixteen months ago, Cassidy Porter lost the love of her life.

Every day since has been a battle to carry on, but despite what her mother and sister say, she’s making progress—or is she?

When she receives an invitation to attend a banquet in honor of the organ donors and their recipients, she has every reason to guard what remains of her shattered heart.

Maybe this will be the
Published October 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart of Him

Start your review of The Heart of Him
Dri ✰
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3 “There was beauty in the broken” STARS

“Too many people take life for granted, Cassi. They go about their days, not appreciating the simple air they breathe. They don’t take a moment to stop and realize that everything they are and everything they once hoped to be can disappear within a blink of an eye.”

Elle's Book Blog
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, standalones
Release Date: October 17, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Do you like books that make you ugly cry? The ones that tissues are needed to go along with your tall glass of wine? How about those books that rip out your heart and slowly put the pieces back together in an unforgettable and beautiful way? If the answer to these questions if YES, then you need to read this book. Wow. This one broke me apart. But it's an honest and beautiful story that touched my soul. I know
nikki
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its been a minute, but Katie Fox is back and I could not be happier. She writes those ugly cry stories that will leave you in a snotty heap on the floor. She will break your heart, but I guarantee that she will put it back together again. I jumped at the chance to read an early copy of this book, knowing full well what I was getting myself into. (Have you read OUR ALTERNATE ENDING? Oh boy!) but I don’t think I was fully prepared for how it would actually make me feel.
About 20% into THE HEART OF
Syndi
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my second book by miss Fox. The blurp promising angst, drama. I mean organ donor and stuff. And the heart organ belongs to the heroine's greatest love.

But again, i found the writting and story is flat. The book discuss about the emotional effect seeing the heart of ur lover now is inside another man. Then u fall in love with this man. The writting is dragging, repetitive.

I give it 3 stars due to idea of the story. But need better execution.

3 stars
Amanda
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "how does your heart feel" stars

I loved Our Alternate Ending so I jumped on the opportunity to read this one. Katie Fox takes us on another beautiful journey in The Heart of Him.

This story is a tragic, emotional, yet heartwarming journey of two people finding their way. One not sure how to move on and another unsure how to live.

I rarely cry when I read but this one definitely brought out some tears. Secrets, surprises, redemption, and love. I was so invested in Sam and Cassi's story. Not
Na
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Because some hearts are simply meant to be together, aren't they?"

The Heart of Him is my second book by Katie Fox and again she managed to amaze me with this beautiful lovestory of two broken souls that will stay with you for a long time.

"He tasted exactly how I imagined he would: like heartbreak and redemption - like a thousand broken dreams and a million impractical wishes."

This story is about love and loss, about healing, mending, letting go and learning to love and being loved again. Both
Emma Johnston
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has instantly become my top read of 2018.

It was beautiful, stunning even. What a story!

Cassi is broken, and no wonder, after the tragic loss of her boyfriend. Sam is moving through his second chance at life but not really living. When their worlds collide there are sparks everywhere. Chemistry is off the charts and they were an amazing couple!

This story is one of loss, heartache, grief and guilt but also of love, overcoming your past and moving on.

This author was one that had me
Eleanor Lloyd-Jones
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When reading a book, I always intend to make a little note of lines that leave me breathless or startled or that make my heart pound―and trust me, there are so many of those moments in this book. I like to be able to point some of them out when I write reviews, but I often forget. I forgot this time, too, but I don't mind so much because you need to experience the prose in this book first hand as you meander through the story. And meander you will because it's not a story that hits you like a ...more
Kim
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first found Katie Fox when reading Our Alternate Ending which completely broke me and then put me right back together again. Well Ms. Fox, you’ve done it again.

There are so many moments in this book that I want to share with you but then again, I want you to experience them for the first time like I did. I truly believe Katie Fox words are magic. The way she gets right down deep into the depths of your soul before giving you that moment of utter heartbreak and then moment of hope that makes
Danielle Wormald
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
If there’s one thing Katie knows how to do, its write the most emotional stories that captivate you, break your heart but fixes you back whole! If you’ve read An Alternative Ending you will know this. (if you’ve not I highly recommend you do!)

Another beautiful story of two people ‘broken’ in different ways who come together to heal each other.
Katie creates two characters who you feel for, who completely touches you, and who deserves nothing but happiness!
You will love everything about Sam, so
Tania's Book Blog
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart. I’ve read emotional books but this one is on an entire other level. Such sadness from the prologue to the end with some in between beautiful moments but still heartbreaking. Two broken souls but it seem like it was fate for Cassi and Sam to meet.

Cassi loses the love of her life who happens to be an organ donor. His heart is donated to Sam and after a year a months they finally meet but it was not the easiest. This is where the tears started. Cassi was beyond broken and the sight of
Bookish_Sally
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Seriously, I am so in love with these characters. Sam and Cas were perfectly broken. This story was Emotional and heartfelt.
My husband would say he can’t take me anywhere...., crying in public is a real thing. But this story was so touching how could I not.
I’ll normally pick a few quotes to add to my review but there are seriously too many beautiful quotes to quote so I’ll just tell everyone, you need to read this.
The chapter headers were gorgeous too, and as an added bonus there’s a
Thuy Taylor
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book 3 days ago, avoided writing this review because I didn't know if I was going to write one that was enough for this book. I wanted to think, make sure my emotions were in check to write one appropriate for Sam and Cassi. I realized this book brought out soooo many emotions that I couldn't really hide or mask it. This book will make you feel all of it.

Gah, what can I say about Sam? He is such a wonder. I fell in love with him in the prologue when he was having his moment with his
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
It feels like it's been a while since a book has gripped me like this; since I've been so consumed by the story unfolding before my eyes.

This book is everything I'd been waiting for.

I was moved by the beauty of the writing, the emotional storyline, and the realness of the characters.

Both main characters find themselves at a place in life where they're unsure of how to move forward. Cassi is lost- almost stuck- in her grief, while Sam has been given a second chance that he's not quite sure how
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is it possible for a heart to beat solely for another, no matter the circumstances ?

A heart so entwined with another it is only able to beat its perfect rhythm when it’s souls are connected ! A heart that will always find it’s way back to another ! A story so beautiful that it hurts at times, but as you read it heals you and makes you understand the need for love and loss in the world !

This story is about Loss and Love, Learning to live and enjoy life and allowing yourself to heal even if it
G (heartbooked)
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WELL DAMN!!! This was a great introduction to knowing the mind of this ‘new to me author’. A story of a beautiful disaster that’s been rightly aligned once again by love. I absolutely LOVED this book. Sam and Cass’s story deserves to be read!!! And also, I enjoyed the music - I know a few of them so I listened to all of them after :) Giving this a 4.75!!!

I LOVE Sam... He truly is the kind of hero that you would want nothing but cheer for him to the end!!! He was just brokenly perfect!!! Cass,
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Don’t even grab the tissues. Grab a freaking shamwow or something because there aren’t enough tissues in the world for the amount of tears I cried while reading this book. The Heart Of Him completely ripped my heart out (for once in my life, pun NOT intended) shattered it, and then beautifully put it back together. This book is so jam packed with powerful and heartfelt emotion there’s no way reading this will not impact you. Loss, grief, healing, and so much love it hurts all pour off the pages ...more
EpicRomanceReviews
.•.•) .•')
(.• (.•`
~~ 5 HEART-MENDING STARS!!~~

AN EPIC ROMANCE REVIEWS 2018 TOP FAVE!

“There is beauty in the broken.”

You know when you read a book that hooks you from page one and swallows you whole?? That transports you within the pages of a slow burning, soul-consuming love story that holds your heart in a vice grip, shatters it to smithereens and then ever so miraculously fuses it back together again?? Well, THE HEART OF HIM by Katie Fox is THAT book!

THE SETUP:
Cassidy Porter is a
Danielle Dickson
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Ever since I read the smaller version of this story in an anthology, I've been obsessed. I messaged Katie immediately all stalker-like and demanded more of Cassi and Sam. You see, (and I've never told her this because I didn't want to come on too strong at the time because I hardly knew her) I first read this story at a time in my life where I was still grieving for a very good friend. They'd passed away unexpectedly four months previous so my heart was a little shattered, but what gave me ...more
Amanda  B Gillespie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am in love with this author. The topic she chose to write on, organ donor's soul mate meets the recipient of said organ and feels an immediate connection and the overwhelming despair becomes a little easier and life may actually be worth living. Of course, there are obstacles but that is where the true journey lies.
BookAddict
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Overwhelmingly wonderful, poignantly heartfelt and deeply introspective are what come to mind in describing The Heart of Him. It’s been five days and seven other books since I’ve finished this one, and the broken characters, their insurmountable obstacles and their heart-rending emotions are still woven throughout my heart and mind. This is one that touches deeply, lingers long and causes one to question ideals and beliefs that were previously firmly cemented.

Sam's life work has been piecing
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Cassie is broken, her heart shattered and smashed to pieces 16 months earlier following the death of her boyfriend Adam... her 'Forever Always' stolen away and the promise of the future gone with it leaving her unable to cope with life without him. Heart broken at her loss she is barely functioning, her sisters constant concern for her is wearing her down.... hoping to get some form of closure by attending an organ donation event and meeting the recipient of Adams heart might be a step in the ...more
Hannah May Book Reviews
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis:

Cassidy Porter's life comes crashing down when she loses her soul mate, Adam. Every day feels like a battle to her, a battle that she is losing. When she receives an invitation to a banquet to honour Organ Donors and the people who have received a second chance and the gift of life, she forces herself to go hoping to find closure. However, this is not the case and she finds her life turned upside down by the lovely Sam Copeland, the man who received the heart of the love of her life.

AnneKR
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For the past 18 months Cassi has been dealing with picking up the pieces of her shattered heart. Her time has been cut short with her long-time love Adam, who died in a car accident, and she doesn’t know how to move on. With Adam being an organ donor, Cassi is invited to a hospital event bringing donor families and recipients together. Even though she doesn’t want to go, she knows she must do this for some type of closure with Adam’s death. When she arrives and sits next to a young man her age, ...more
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katie Fox was a new author to me this year, and I am SO glad that I found her! She writes like poetry - it is beautiful, it will make you feel ALL the feels, and leave you thinking about her stories for days after you finish them. The Heart of Him is no different. The characters in this book will break your heart, and K Fox will slowly put it back together. I high-lighted more passages in this book than most others and here is one of my favorites:

"He tasted exactly how I imagined he would: like
Clare Harrison
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A life snubbed out by illness, a mother lost.

The echo of "how does your heart feel" surrounds his every memory of her.

Tears flowing as life goes on, endless darkness engulfing her once full heart.

A million thoughts of him, a hundred wishes but only one fact. He was gone.

Always forever, and forever always a promise to each other broken and out of reach.

To give a life, means to lose a life. Devastation reborn as hope in another.

His heart belonged to her, but now beats in another.

"some hearts
Nikki  Malan
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
How does your heart feel? Cassie is broken. She lost her soul mate, Adam 16 months earlier and she is struggling to move on. Sam is trying to move on with his own life after receiving a heart transplant from a mystery donor. While he has a second chance at life, something seems to be holding him back that is until he meets Cassi. Sam is patient with Cassi and brings out a side to her that has been lost for months. They have an incredible connection and the chemistry is explosive. Cassi tries to ...more
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Seriously this book is what the words heartbreaking beautiful were made for. This book for acne apart but throughout it mended my heart along with the characters.Cassidy is stuck in her grief and can't find herself after losing the love of her life.When she received an invitation to a banquet honoring organ donors she thinks this might be the push she needs to help her heal. Samuel life has be tragic and filled with loss he lost his mom at age 9 and has a congenital heart problem which keeps him
Chrissy
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! I felt so bad for both of these characters. They had both experienced such tremendous loss. Poor Sam never knew how it felt to be secure in the knowledge that your parents would always be there to love you and guide you through life. And on top of that he had to live his whole life without the privilege of expecting tomorrow to come. Cass, on the other hand, had a wonderful life full of happiness and love until that terrible night when she lost not only the love of her life, ...more
Karen Sedgman
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Katie Fox is a new to me author and won't be my last! I was going to say that Cassidy and Samuel's journey was fate but l don't think that was the case here, these two are just meant to be together! How does your heart feel? My heart is full of happiness and my heart goes to these two! That epilogue was so good, The Heart Of Him is so worth the read!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Waiting for Autumn
  • Beneath His Stars (Stars Duet, #1)
  • In Her Space (Stars Duet, #2)
  • Force of Nature
  • When You Became Mine
  • The Wrong Game
  • The Pickup (Imperfect Love #1)
  • HeartLess
  • Too Good Girl
  • Best Laid Plans
  • The Fall Before Flight
  • Rewrite the Stars
  • Make You Mine
  • Rock Rebel (Nothing but Trouble #3)
  • Absolution
  • All I Need
  • All That We Are
  • The Life We Wanted
Katie Fox was born in Florida and raised in Pennsylvania, where she still currently resides with her husband and son. A hopeless romantic, she is a sucker for a good love story. When you don't find her nose buried in one, she's usually found in her writing cave, giving life to the voices in her head. Since a very young age, writing has been her passion. Katie has a crazy obsession with social ...more