Start by marking “His Scandalous Lessons (Private Arrangements, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Scandalous Lessons (Private Arrangements, #1)

His Scandalous Lessons

(Private Arrangements #1)

Love and scandal make for a deadly combination . . .

He is London's most notorious rogue

Richard Grey is renowned for his escapades in the bedchamber. But he's hidden the truth for years: his wicked reputation is a public front to hide his political machinations. So when the prime minister's daughter arrives on his doorstep with a scandalous proposal, he seizes the opportuni
Published July 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about His Scandalous Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Scandalous Lessons

Emily
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice prose, but the story didn't work for me.

Ms. Kendrick is a strong writer, and this story sounded interesting, but the pieces never quite came together for me, and even though the story wasn't that long, it felt super long and there was a section in the middle where I was very bored.

Anne Sheffield is the daughter of the prime minister and is soon to be married to a much older and very cruel man. Seeking any way to get out of it, she turns to her father's opponent, Richard Grey for help. In re
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
An engaging romance with fantastic characters and some darker undertones. Deals with social issues and love equally well. I need a Caro book as well as Alexandra’s story.
Holly
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the HELL out of this. I had a feeling I would, given that Katrina Kendrick is a pen name for Elizabeth May, the author who wrote one of my all-time favorite series. I loved the romance in that, so I knew I had to read this. And it didn't disappoint me, though it was kind of insta-lovey. I'm more into a slow burn, but I loved the relationship between Anne and Richard, and how caring and respectful he was of her when no other man in her life was. This book wasn't light; Anne was abused a ...more
Jess
Check out this review and more on my blog!

This isn’t the kind of book I’d usually pick up in a million years. I’m not a huge fan of the title or the cover or even the wording of the blurb, but as I’ve been chatting about quite a lot recently I wanted to give the Romance genre a chance after being a snob about it for far too long, and I ended up enjoying this novel a lot.

Judging by this and The Kiss Quotient which I read and reviewed earlier this year, I’m clearly a fan of the ‘one character te
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Kendrick's historical romances skew a bit on the heavy side from my usual romance tastes, so I'm a bit surprised at just how much I've enjoyed them. They feature heavy, dark things—so much so that at one point I literally put the book down and said out loud "damn, this is dark"—but they do so to make points about abuses, of women and the political system. Elements of this very much feel borne out of feminist rage about what's going on in the world right now, and there's major appeal to that.

TW:
Pili
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new historical romance favourite series (and author) for sure! I adore how feminist and sexy these books are, and such great humour along with the more serious and maybe triggering events in this one, along with some amazing geeky references! All in all, amazing book & utterly captivating, I just couldn't stop reading! Cannot wait for the next one!
Emma
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting and riveting book. I just spent the last few hours reading this straight through. It was absolutely impossible to not become involved with the characters, the situations and the intriguing storyline. It reveals the raw, desperate and ugly side of politics based around historical fact of the secret vote. At that point in time, it was common for people in a position of power to intimidate, threaten and blackmail people to their wishes with the open vote. It was indeed a victory ...more
Space Cowgirl
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She💃 Wants To Get Away🏃

London 1872.
The Woman💃 With The Photographic 📷 Memory.
An Adult Alpha Male🐺🍆🌋 Romance.

Anne's father, Stanton Sheffield, is the Prime Minister, and a noble. She is locked up tight in a mental prison cell he has made for her. She hears political ideas, but she can have no opinion, so no discussing. She can only talk about the latest fashions or the weather, and is Never to speak unless spoken to.
Anne💃💋 remembers every detail of her father's sordid political and illegal de
Mary
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
TW: abuse (physical and implied sexual) and abuse of children (not shown but mentioned). Yeah, some heavy stuff for romance. The writing is quite good and I enjoyed much of this, but I feel like it was too long. Parts of the plot were a bit jarring: it seemed like it was over too soon but then it moved back to another setting and started some other subplots. Three stars for the main characters: I loved Richard's respect and protectiveness toward Anne and she was a tough, smart, capable heroine. ...more
De Mueller
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Romantic Suspense

I have to say that I couldn’t put this book down until I knew the ending. There was so much going on and several back stories that kept you guessing until the very end.
I loved the two main characters Richard and Anne. Their bargain, no lies between them, made their lessons utterly wicked in the best ways possible. These two were made to be together and there was plenty of lust and steamy between the two of them.
There were also such great supporting characters, not all of
Dawn Herrera
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This was the first book by Katrina Kendrick I have read and thought it was well written, it was dramatic with some suspense and a touch of passion. The main characters are quite intriguing. Anne Sheffield is ready to get away from her overbearing father who is ready to marry her off, but she has her own plans. She goes looking for help on how to seduce a man of her own choosing. Richard Grey has a reputation of being a successful man with women. He is quite intrigued by Anne when she comes to hi ...more
Mary
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is fascinating, entertaining, sweet and interesting story. Richard is caring, stubborn, charming and confident. Anne is determined, bold, brave, impulsive and smart. Richard agrees to help Anne secure a husband of her choice who will marry her quickly, and without her father's permission, in exchange for info that will destroy her father and his cronies. He doesn't expect to find himself drawn to her, and having to constantly remind himself that she's not for him, but she gets under his ski ...more
Waleska 'Wally'
This a good read, it's engaging, layered, well-paced but it is not historically accurate. Book don't follow the specifics and strict rules of behavior, speech patterns, conduct and social class that were prevalent during that era; so what you are reading , it's a somewhat historical tale that would appeal to today's women mentality and awareness.

I took a willing suspension of disbelief and enjoyed this romance tale.

Story deals with women's suffrage movement, political conspiracy, child endange
troy lish
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

This was hands down best book I've read on Amazon Kindle...EVER!!! And I've read a ton!! Your main character is breathtakingly complex, she's strong and weak all at the same time and your descriptions of her as both is never heavy handed or cliche! The male lead is the same, he's complex and breath taking and everything a hero should be!

The secondary story arch to the romance is sooo engaging and it blends and weaves beautifully with the romance story. Ugh!!! UGH!!
Ann L
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is such a captivating book, right from the beginning, Anne has a photographic memory, well what I mean is, she remembers everything that is said in front of her but she is being held a prisoner by her corrupt father, the prime minister, and to top it off she is engaged to the very old Duke of Kendall, she wants out and so goes to Richard Grey a rival of her fathers and asks his help in findingand seducing someone she wants to marry in exchange for information. Obviously things don't go to p ...more
AltogetherTrue
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-erotica
Joanna
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this romance! Anne and Richard were incredibly charming and I can’t wait to see where the rest of a series goes because there are a few couple we met and I can’t wait to see their stories unfold. Highly recommend!

This also has one of my fav tropes the “I need help seducing someone will you help me oops we’ve fallen in love you are clearly my soulmate” trope. 😍
Stephanie
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, rounded up to 5.

Intricate and satisfying (although of course I need to read the other two books ASAP). Content warnings: (view spoiler)
Pat
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an enjoyable read with the great characters and terrific storyline that captivated me right from the very first page! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
Els (Tragic Romantic)
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m disappointed to have discovered this series so early because I want to devour every other book immediately and they’re not yet available...
Marjorie
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I enjoyed this story, but it could contain a few less F words. I am 80 and still don’t like that word. It was still an exciting story.
Riley
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Probably a 3.5 or 4 stars. Can’t decide
Tom Prejsner
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Lena
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
plot had great potential, but it was duller than I expected.
Michele
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously sexy and immensely thrilling.

Comes with a trigger warning for discussions of child abuse by one of the villains.
Debra Towle
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would have given it 5 stars.......

Well written with some repetitive language but I can't forgive using the word bigotry when it should have been bigamy.
PINELOPI VAXEVANI
Very well written and smart
Julie Keyser
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read !

This series was really good, couldn’t put the book down !
I can’t wait for Alexandra’s story which is supposed to be released in August
Kate Harder
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Steamy and romantic! This was an exciting story, full of good people and villains. I’m excited to read Alexandra’s story!
Debra Floyd
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful. I can't wait to read more from this Author. I love how the Historic information checks out for the time period.

• My Lady's Lover (Surrey SFS, #1)
  • It Happened in the Highlands (The Pennington Family, #2)
  • Elena's School of Horror (Guild Hunter, #9.7)
  • Midnight Raider
  • Briarley
  • A Summer for Scandal (Arroyo Blanco, 1)
  • My Enemy, My Earl (A Laird to Love, #1)
  • Pembroke Park
  • Duchess of Sin (The Daughters of Erin, #2)
  • Gold Mountain
  • A Night Of Forever (Night, #1.5)
  • Treasured Vows
  • Redemption of the Duke (Brides of Redemption, #3)
  • What a Gentleman Desires (Redgrave #3)
  • Let Us Dream
  • Fresh Romance #1
  • The Forgotten Fiancee (The London Ladies, #3)
  • Whispers of Heaven
Katrina Kendrick is the romance pen name for science fiction and fantasy author Elizabeth May. She believes in love at first sight but prefers to write about complicated couples, second chance romances, and other matters of the heart. While she enjoys teasing emotions out of her readers, happy endings bring her joy -- which is why she writes romance.
Katrina lives in Scotland with her husband and t

Private Arrangements (3 books)
  • A Touch Wicked (Private Arrangements, #0.5)
  • Tempting the Scoundrel