Start by marking “Paper Bag Mask” as Want to Read:
Paper Bag Mask

Paper Bag Mask

At the same moment he catches his teacher giving illegal drugs to a student, Redmond Fairweather loses his friggin mind and steals Mr. Streets prized possessiona stupid wooden sword with round edges that will never, ever cut through anythingThe Whomper.

Redmond has no idea why he stole the Whomper. He guesses his extreme dislike (okay, hate so much hate) of the schools
Published October 23rd 2018 by Pen Name Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Paper Bag Mask, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Bag Mask

Start your review of Paper Bag Mask
H. Ringer
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen Heasley
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: the author of this book is my brother-in-law.

BUT that being said, this really is an enjoyable and good bit of YA fiction. The characters are relatableeither you were one of them or you knew one of them (or possibly all of them). We all had that teacher (or those teachers).

And as someone who has passed through high school and lived to tell the tale, I can also relate to the struggle against limits and boundaries, especially concerning my relationship with my parents.

There are
Sheala Henke
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One hell of a hilarious heist! This whomper of a tale gives new meaning to the idea of misfit charm and the illustrations are com-worthy! Highly recommend for a laugh out loud experience thats a sure for kick in the funny bone! ...more
Alexandra McEwen
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Redmond, the main character in this book, is a teenage boy so flawed and awkwardly relatable that he could be any of us. I couldnt decide if I liked him or didnt like him, but I had to keep reading to know what was going to happen to him! I loved the humorous dialogue and narration in this book, and the interactions between the characters took me right back to high school in all its awkwardness and glory. Great story with a good moral for young adults without being corny. Highly recommend! ...more
Shelda
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to review. OMG I LOVED this book!!! This book had a very positive impact on me. The characters were all very real and I was rooting for Red the whole time. This book is a good, positive young adult book. I highly recommend it!!!
Eleanor Luhar
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen
I received a review copy from the author through #ReviewPit. This does not affect my rating or opinions.

This is a fun book, and I think for the right readers it'll be a great hit. Although the main characters are high school upperclassmen (older teenagers/upper YA), I found the themes and general vibe closer to MG/lower YA, so it may very well resonate more strongly with members/readers of that demographic. Which is not to say that it's simple (in fact, one thing I particularly enjoyed was how
Patrick Hodges
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story:

Redmond Fairweather is one of those high-school students no one notices. He and his only two friends, Deep and Alice, are the square pegs of the school. One day, he sees Mr. Street, a charismatic yet sketchy teacher, give what appears to be drugs to another student. To teach him a lesson, he decides to steal The Whomper a worthless wooden sword that is Mr. Streets prized possession.

Read the rest of the review at YA Books Central:

Julie Eitelgeorge
Feb 24, 2019
Yai
Jan 28, 2019
Aaron Stamps
Jan 02, 2020
Brock Heasley
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dionne Abouelela
Jan 13, 2019
Laci ⭐️
Mar 09, 2020
emmy
rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2019
Dec 17, 2018
Beatrice P
Dec 17, 2018
Interior Artwork 2 2 Oct 25, 2018 10:25PM

• Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1)
  • The End of the Fucking World
  • Be More Chill
  • Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
  • Tuck Everlasting
  • It's Kind of a Funny Story
  • Two Skies Before Night
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Hatchet (Brian's Saga, #1)
  • The First Time I Died (Garnet McGee #1)
  • Little Darlings
  • The Wrong Side of Twenty Five
  • Flower Power Trip (Braxton Campus Mysteries #3)
Brock Heasley is a writer and artist who, to the shock of absolutely no one visiting this site, was a member of such prestigious high school organizations as The Nerd Herd, Last Picked for Teams, and They Who Eat Alone. He is a graduate of California State University Fresno, the creator of the online comic The SuperFogeys, and the award-winning filmmaker behind The Shift.

Brock lives with his wife

News & Interviews