Start by marking “The End Begins (The Seven Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
The End Begins (The Seven Trilogy #1)

The End Begins

(The Seven Trilogy #1)

When your beliefs are at war, does love stand a chance?

Bookstore owner Meryn O’Reilly and Army Captain Jesse Christensen are on opposite sides of a battle. After a series of terrorist attacks in 2053, martial law has been declared in Canada and the military has taken over. When a radical Christian group claims responsibility, Jesse and his platoon are sent to Meryn’s city
Published August 2018 by Ashberry Lane Publishing (first published September 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The End Begins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End Begins

Start your review of The End Begins (The Seven Trilogy #1)
Carole Jarvis
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2DeKGuk

The End Begins by Sara Davison is a gripping, suspenseful, and compelling story, one that is relevant for today’s times. I’m not usually a fan of suspense and rarely read end-times literature, but this story is very moving and thought provoking. There are some unexpected twists and turns, and nothing is easily predictable.

The setting is in Canada, approximately 35 years into the future. The tables are turned and supposedly a radical Christian
Ejayen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The is a Blind Tour going on and this is the random book I got.

This book is fiction and I'm pretty sure most parts of it will remain fiction, but...

It is so interesting to see someone's thoughts on what the future may be like. The technology, the weather.

The main character is so interesting. She lives in a big house out in the country and a whole bunch of other little details that don't seem to add up. I'm curious about what the rest of the trilogy reveals.
Kara Linaburg
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edited full-length review October 4th 2019/////

FINALLY A DECENTLY GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!
Set in Dystopian Canada...

Good writing style? Check
Unique plot? Check
Interesting characters to root for? Check, check

My only issue in this Christian fiction book is that it's slightly predictable. Bad guy becomes good (a little too fast in my opinion), good guys win over, and the end is bittersweet. Still though a read worth my time. I just wish Jesse wasn't your typical turnaround character and been won over so fa
Fizzy
If you remember I highlight this series back in October. It was the first time it had come across my radar and I knew then and there I had to read this series. Welp, it's right about three months later and here I am, reading this series! I'm super excited to bring you the entire series throughout this week. I mean, Revelations based fiction isn't knew, who *hasn't* read the Left Behind series. Post-apocalyptic fiction is popular in both mainstream and Christian fiction genres. Dystopian? Gotcha ...more
Suzie Waltner
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

As a Christian in North America, it’s difficult for me to comprehend the persecution other believers face around the world, or the courage and faith it takes to take a stand for Jesus. In the first book of her The Seven Trilogy, Sara Davison sets up a scenario in which Christians are no longer allowed to own a Bible.

That one law issued by the Canadian government leads to more revoking of Christians’ rights, even to the point of some actions viewed as terrorism.

Meryn O’Reilly must choose
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This is the most thought provoking story I’ve read in a while. The entire time I was reading the story, I kept putting myself in Meryn’s shoes and wondered if I would react the same way that she did. Would I take a stand for Christ? Would I accept punishment with grace? Let’s face it, the way our world is headed, it may very well be that bibles will be illegal, and showing our faith will be frowned upon. The author absolutely hit the nail on the head here.

I enjoyed the layout of the story as wel
Taylor
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed The End Begins a lot more than I expected to when I first started. The story felt real and like something that could happen, mainly because it reminded me of WWII and just a reminder of how terrible things could get.

I think I liked Jesse the best, he grows so much throughout the book. Meryn is 100% herself all the time but I feel like Jesse did a lot of growing and learning about himself throughout the story.

I am curious to see what will happen in the rest of the trilogy. What the choi
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
This book was SUPER intense, but so good! Davison created a fictional world so realistic I could our world now playing throughout the pages.

The author did an amazing job crafting characters with great chemistry!

This book is a bit of a heavy read, just because of the topic, but there was a great mix of banter and wit within that it made the book seem lighter.

I enjoyed this book WAY more than I thought I was going to and I’m definitely interested in finishing the series.
4/5 stars!

*I received th
Mikaela
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author as part of a "blind date with a book" tour. Overall, the book was a good story. It captures the reader through intrigue, suspense, and a bit of romance. I would recommend this book if you are looking for a clean read that will keep you on the edge of your seat! Also, thank you to the author, Sara Davison, for the chance to read a new book!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This book was quite a surprise and very good. Imagine 30 years into the future, you live in Canada and Christians are the terrorists, bombing mosques and such. They are the ones subjected to terrorism laws and punishments for things as simple as owning or distributing a bible.

I felt like this book addressed some of the issues at hand in today's world but puts a unique spin on it that it isn't Muslims or another Middle Eastern religion that is being accused of terrorism but Christians. And it bei
Bonnie
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished reading Sara Davison's book, The End Begins, a week ago and the story has stayed with me. The scenarios she paints in the book unfold naturally and realistically, so much so that I've found myself nearly referring to scenes as if they had actually happened - maybe that is because I see the "beginning of the end" in the world and even in my own life.

This is a gripping tale that grabs hold of you from the very beginning and it doesn't let go. I couldn't wait for the end of each day so I
Brandy
This is an *excellent* end-times romantic suspense. Thrilling and well-written throughout.
Rebecca L.
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The End Begins" is set 35 years in the future in the country of Canada. In this dystopian society, Christianity has been outlawed and a Christians have become a marginalized group. Merryn O’Reily is the owner of the bookstore and a deeply devout Christian who develops complicated feelings for one of the soldiers who has been assigned to stand guard over the Christians.

One of the best things about this book is the dialogue between the characters. I could feel the warmth between Jesse and his be
Angela Walker
I've never read a book about christian persecution. I know its a topic talked about at church but it feels so removed from my life and like a foreign or out of date idea living in America today where I've never experienced enmity for my beliefs. This story felt very realistic, just like Handmaid's Tale, like it really COULD happen. Set a couple decades in the future after several mosque bombings by a hate group claiming to be Christians. Government was forced to act quickly to stop continued ter ...more
Kathleen Friesen
I’d seen Sara Davison’s The End Begins on various internet sites and while intrigued, I didn’t grab a copy right away. Why? Because I was afraid. I generally avoid stories about end times, because fear wraps around my faith and squeezes tightly. But recently I was gifted a copy of this book, and it turned out to be more than worth the risk. Yes, it is tense. Yes, it did make me realize these terrible events could happen—and soon.
Actually, the only complaint I have with The End Begins is the year
Meagan
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a read!

It took me a little while to get into "The End Begins", but man ... once I hit the halfway mark, I couldn't stop. Complex characters, plenty of action and heartache, and a resolution that ties up the most urgent items but leaves the door wide open for books 2 and 3 -- this book has it all.

Set in the not-too-distant future, "The End Begins" shows just what might occur as Christianity becomes, unfortunately, more feared, hated, and persecuted. With what we've seen in Canadian head
Rose
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in the near future of 2053 Canada, this dystopian novel immediately caught my attention and the cliffhanger ending left me wanting more.
I really admired how dedicated Meryn was to God. She always followed His call even if she knew that it would be difficult and painful. Her dedication to her beliefs really brought her character to life and I enjoyed reading about her.
I really liked the friendship between Jesse and Caleb because they encouraged each other so much while looking out for the oth
Amanda  H
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book blew me away and kept me up late reading from the get go! I thought that Sara did a phenomenal job of bringing her dystopian world to life through the story of Meryn and Jason. It made me think about the persecution that our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ go through today and how we aren't terribly far from that becoming more of a reality for all of us. I highly recommend this well written series!
I received this book from Just read tours. This is my honest review and is in no w
Julissa
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a amazing read set in the future. It was thrilling, and had me turning the pages till the late hours of the night to find out how it would end. It even had romance which I can never get enough of. I really liked the story it was very well written. And the characters were well developed. This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm very happy with the outcome. I'll definitely be reading more of her work.

Disclaimer: I recieved this book from the publisher. All opinions are my
Candy Smith
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book caught my attention from the first page and held it to the very ebd! I immediately had to jump into book 2 because I needed to know more! As a Christian this is always something at the back of my mind that could happen, so reading about drew my interest deeply. I enjoyed seeing the interaction between Meryn and Jesse as they try to hold on to what they think is the right thing to do while contending with what's happening in their hearts
Stacey
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great romantic suspense set in the near future. Loved the writing, the characters, the setting, and the storyline which was unique. It was definitely a page turner that encouraged you to keep reading. Plenty of suspense with some unanswered stories that definitely makes me want to read the second book in this trilogy.
Rebelle Books(Kara)
This book was so good! I loved it so much I went out and purchased the other books in the series so I could finish reading the whole story.
It is set a few years in the future in Canada after a terrorist attack on several mosques. An extremist Christian group has taken responsibility for the attack. This leads the government to take action against all Christians. The story revolves around Meryn O’Reilley, a Christian, who has to navigate this new reality made even more difficult when the military
Jessica S.
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A five star read, “The End Begins: The Seven Trilogy Book 1,” by Sara Davison, is a beautifully-crafted, suspenseful story of faith, obedience, and love. Meryn O’Reilly and Jesse Christensen are at the center of a complicated situation, fraught with danger and disbelief. Meryn, a Christian, is up against a shocking retaliation by her government, while Jesse is an enforcer for that same government. At the heart of the story is this reoccurring question: what will Meryn and Jesse choose?

One of the
Karen Collier
The End Begins is first in Sara Davison’s The Seven Trilogy, and it’s one of those stories that doesn’t really fit neatly into any one category. It has elements of romance, suspense, and political thriller, but it also has significant speculative elements, and is set in a dystopian future (2053) Canada. The storyline raises some very interesting religious and ethical questions, and makes the reader pause to think about what could happen in real life, given certain political pressures and governm ...more
Yvette
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though I'm a long time fan of Science Fiction, Dystopians, and Inspirational Romance with a recently discovered love of Romantic Suspense, I did not think I'd really enjoy an End Times setting for an Inspirational Romance.  But I did.  I really, really did.

The End Begins by Sara Davison is the story of an outspoken bookseller who refuses to abandon her faith as Canadian law first makes owning a Bible an act of terrorism, then re-instates corporal punishment while removing the ban on applying it
Janet Sketchley
In the year 2053, after terrorist attacks on Canadian mosques are blamed on Christians, martial law leads to increasingly strict restrictions on Christian behaviour and activity. Bibles are one of the first things to be outlawed.

For bookstore owner Meryn O’Reilly, this strikes at her livelihood as well as her faith. And if she can’t hold back her rebellious attitude, she’ll be in even more trouble.

On the other side of the issue is Army Captain Jesse Christensen, a decent man who, though he’s rej
Violet
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's October of 2053. After a series of terrorist attacks, for which a fringe Christian group has claimed responsibility, Canada is under martial law. For feisty Meryn O'Reilly, soldiers storming into the service of the Kingston church she attends is just the beginning of trouble in Sara Davison's futuristic romantic suspense The End Begins.

For his part, Captain Jesse Christianson isn't exactly comfortable with enforcing orders to detain and question "… every adult in the building." This day he
Leah Horton
I received this book as a Justread blind tour in exchange for my honest review.

I love dystopian novels, I love books about the not so distant future where things are going wrong. While I myself am not Christian I enjoyed this book and the message it sent. While it focused on Christians being persecuted due to a radicalized group who created some major chaos it shows what is possible when you point fingers at a group of people as a whole due to a small group of radicals. Whether is be based on t
Susan
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one sinks its teeth into your soul and drags you along for the most nail-biting ride of your life. The first page throws you into the action and engaging dialogue. The story is exactly the kick in the pants we need today – what would we do if our freedom of religion was taken away? What horrors would we endure? What would it feel like if owning a Bible was a crime? I was really drawn to the realism and thought behind the plot and how each person feels in their circumstances. I cried, I laug ...more
Mary Hosmar
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realistic Possibilities

Canada under martial law? Christian literature, including the Bible, hate literature? Middle age type punishment for distributing hate? Too far-fetched to believe?
Sara Davison’s book One of the Seven trilogy takes those premises, builds on them, adds a little romance and weaves a suspense-filled, believable story.
Meryn O’Reilly loves books, people and her God, so when a law comes down which curtails all those qualities, she needs to make some hard decisions.
Captain Jesse

• Smoke Screen
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #2)
  • The Printed Letter Bookshop
  • Her Hope Discovered (Welcome to Ruby, #1)
  • Between Before and After
  • Emberhawk
  • With This Pledge (Carnton, #1)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • The Secret of Willow Inn (Willow Falls, #1)
  • The Baggage Handler
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • Fate of the Watchman (Journey of Fate #1)
  • The Curse of Misty Wayfair
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Ladies of Intrigue: 3 Tales of 19th-Century Romance with a Dash of Mystery
  • Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses, #1)
  • Catching Christmas
  • Beauty in Flight (Beauty in Flight #1)
Sara Davison is the author of three romantic suspense series, The Seven Trilogy, The Night Guardians Series, and The Rose Tattoo Trilogy. She has been a finalist for nine national writing awards, including Best New Canadian Christian Author, a Carol, a Selah, and two Daphne du Maurier Awards for Excellence in Myster/Suspense. She has won both a Word Award and a Cascade Award. She resides in Ontari ...more

The Seven Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Darkness Deepens (The Seven Trilogy #2)
  • The Morning Star Rises (The Seven Trilogy #3)