Start by marking “Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)” as Want to Read:
Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)

Brave the Tempest

(Cassandra Palmer #9)

Cassie Palmer has been chief seer of the supernatural world for a little over four months. In that time, she's battled two gods, fallen in love with two men, and confronted the two sides of her own nature, both god and human. So it's not surprising that she currently finds herself facing two adversaries, although they have a single purpose: to wipe out the supernatural com ...more
Published July 30th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Brave the Tempest, please sign up.

Start your review of Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
Elaine Howlin
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who enjoy overarching storylines
description

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This book wasn’t exactly a long time coming but there has been a lot building up to it since the beginning and it hit the mark just perfectly! It’s the perfect book for dedicated fans of the series. For those of us who have been rooting for Cassie and dying to see her coming into her power and strength and owning her new position of authority.

description
And fans of this guy ^^^ are in for a real treat 😍 😍 😍

Format: ebook

Ownership: Own (eARC from NetGalley)

Tags: Overarching Story-line, Fast-Paced, Humoro
Dblaze
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Beth
Cassie Palmer is the Pythia, the supernatural world’s top seer. Even though she holds the title, none of the powers that be really have told her much about her position. It seems they like keeping her in the dark so they can hold the power at each of their own whims… Big mistake on their parts, because Cassie isn’t going to take their hand out sitting down. She finally takes the reins for her own powers and realizes the machinations each faction has been using to hold her back. Now the vampires, ...more
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I really have no idea how to review this.

Anyone reading my updates would see that 80% of this book fraustrated the hell out of me.

I've been following this series for 10 years, which is proved my the dusty paperbacks sat on my book shelves from before I discovered the Kindle app of my phone 6 years ago. Karen Chance has created an incredibly complex and impressive world. She has a gift for writing characters that you absolutely love, both main and side.

However, more and more frequently her book j
Mallaidh
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 "Of course I love you, you complete idiot" stars.

Karen finally got her groove back. After a couple of lackluster entries, KC is back with what is officially my favorite book in this series.

I am ruined for all other book boyfriends.

Now, despite the 5 yummy stars, BtT isn't perfect. It still suffers from a lot of long windedness, as all Karen's books tend to do, but for the most part, most of it felt necessary.

There was resolution with Mircea, and despite the fact that I am VERY biased about
Glen
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads, fantasy
I won this novel in a goodreads drawing.

A supernatural woman with two lovers is vexed when the two of them go against one another in order to rule the underworld.

Truthfully, seems more like it should be a YA novel, and it's probably 100 pages too long.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Brave the Tempest in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Brave the Tempest is the latest installment in the Cassie Palmer series, and man could I not be happier to have a copy of this book in my hands! I know some fans have only been reading one series or the other (Cassie or Dory), but there is some backstory that is very relevant in Dory’s series (and short stories) that you probably don’t want to miss out on! Plus they’re a blast, so there’s that.
This novel continues th
Pamela
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Updated Release Date: July 30, 2019

I received this as an advanced reader's copy via Netgalley courtesy of Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to start by saying a busy start to our summer holiday's made me draw out reading this book to 5 days when I could have gobbled it up in a single night if I had the time! Although that wasn't a bad thing because it allowed me to savour it a bit more than I normally could have reading all at once.

The Cassandra Palmer series is
Sophia
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't a gal catch a break? Or, you know, get a time out for a breather? This fast-paced, original, colorful and oh-so action-packed Urban Fantasy series just keeps up a hammering plot with a heroine at the core of matters who is faking it until she makes it even as she slowly comes into her own. I've had a blast with each book in this series and this one was no exception.

Brave the Tempest is book nine in the Cassandra Palmer series and would probably be utterly crazy reading if taken out of orde
Kira
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

Now that Cassie isn't chasing Pritkin through time she's finally figuring out how to be a pythia. It's confusing since almost everyone else seems to know something about it she doesn't. Almost everyone tries to use her position for their own political gain.

It took a long time for the story to really get going, and it took even longer for Pritkin to get some page time, which was well worth the wait. Cassie was coming into her own more both professionally and personally. I loved it that
Dani Catherine J
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so so so much but I swear to all the gods that is or was, if it takes all 544 pages of this book for Pritkin & Cassie to become a couple or Mircea & Cassie are still somehow a thing after all his bullshit I’m going to blow a gasket ...more
Leif Lester
Aug 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

I usually start reviews with a small, non spoilery, synopsis of the books. But, Brave the Tempest is book nine in the Cassie Palmer series; it’s a series so jam packed with action that a short synopsis is beyond my skill and wouldn’t do the series any justice. So, if you haven’t heard of this series, know this, it’s an action-packed urban fantasy series with a heroine that’s dropped into the deep end of the paranormal world and somehow has to survive. Many deadly and hair-raising shenan
Just Josie
PRE-ORDERED THIS BABY!

Can’t wait to get Pritkin and Mircea BACK IN MY LIFE🧡
Jen Davis
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
You really can’t please everyone. I say this as I look at the reviews panning this book for slowing down. Because slowing down a little is exactly what I thought it needed. The last few books passed at such a breakneck speed, I could barely keep up. There were times I didn’t even know what was happening. Not so here. And it was a welcome change.

There is a story arc that continues about a possible vampire army possessed by demons bringing a war in to farie. And Cassie has to continue working out
Valerie
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once you start a Cassie Palmer book, walking away from the story is not an easy thing to do. Every novel in the series proceeds at a breakneck pace, and this one is no exception. Be aware that Brave the Tempest is book nine. All relevant information is summarized when necessary, but it will enhance the adventure if you know these characters. This series is an excellent binge read. Before reading my early copy of Brave the Tempest by Karen Chance, I wish I had time to revisit preceding books.

What
Dajuan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book deals with a lot of fallout from Ride the Storm, in all the best ways. There is a ton of payoff of things set up in previous books. Lots of twists and turns. All in all a solid addition to the series. I could say more, but you'd be better off experiencing it for yourself!
Sarah Mac
More like 2.5 stars, but rounded down due to the negative accumulation of books 6-9.

(Apologies in advance for the rant. But these things must be said.)

Apparently Chance finally decided to write a "slower" installment, but not to focus on much-neglected & much-loved side characters to let them breathe & interact. Instead we have draggy scenes of infodumping, tedious recaps of convoluted, tangled, overly-involved backstory, & confusing magical sequences that are difficult to picture, let alone co
Joscelin
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I want to cry tears of joy over how much I loved this book. Every time Karen releases a new one it's better than the last. This was no exception. It had everything I'd hoped and more. My favorite parts of her books are the in-between times when we get to see the characters relaxed and interacting. I had a growing obsession with Saffy, and am so happy to finally see queer women represented in this world. I called it! I so called it and I'm so excited I was right about her. There were so many burn ...more
Christina
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: Well damn if that wasn’t just about everything damn thing I wanted! I’m glad for once I don’t have anything to rage or complain about! Decent overall story progression, characters all making some good progress, most of all Cassie has slipped into badass leadership shoes & holding her own. Looking forward to the next book 😉

*UPDATED* I was forced to edit my original post because SOMEONE didn’t like it & whined to mods.

Time again for another go around on the “How Will Pritkin be Kept Just o
Karma♥Bites ^.~
READ (audio) 8-7-2019 [(★★★★½)
Timeline = @ 2wks after #8 (and shortly after Dorina 4.5 Dragon’s Claw). ]

————
Regardless of my personal quibbles w/ this series, I chomp at the bit (quietly) for each new release. Given the events in the past few books, figured a re-read would get me thru to release date.

Best laid plans, right? Nope. ‘Late-night tired eyes’ error led me to start a month too soon. Sticking to AB format did ease untold hours spent in summer gridlock but... *checks calendar*

Still weeks
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Brave the Tempest, by author Karen Chance, is the 9th installment in the authors Cassie Palmer series. As a brief summary, Cassie is the Chief Seer of the supernatural world. Even though this series has been going on since 2006, only a short 4 months have gone by in this world since she was chosen by the Pythia powers. However, she still doesn't have a job description. Nobody has told her what her job is really supposed to entail. Ev
Honeyjoys
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait.

Honestly, whilst I was as invested in the last few books of the series as I was the entire Cassie Palmer Universe, at times i found the pace of the books confusing and chaotic.

In Brave the Tempest I felt a focus to the storytelling that is reminiscent of the initial books in the series. I felt like Cassie (and myself as the reader) had moments to breathe and much needed conversations were allowed to be had.

I loved that our main characters were allowed the time to play out a scen
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
2/10: Finished the book and it was OK.

“I vote we pretend that didn’t happen,” Billy said. And then it happened again. “Well, shit.”

Billy, I was right there with you after the last book. But I had to see what happened because this is the Cassie Palmer Universe and my all-time favourite vampire series and... Mircea. Yeah, I said it. I'm Team Mircea all the way.

WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead & I don't have the energy to block out bits and pieces or even the whole review. Read on at your peril!

How
inkspell_blu
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heather♥
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed many things about this story. So where should I begin? Ooh - I know. Cassie and Pritkin's sexy times. You get yourself that cowgirl hat Cassie so you can ride your man properly! All that bucking and sliding and hanging on for dear life. Lordy, lordy. I was so giddy from the last book when she told him her feelings and this book definitely took their relationship to another level in more ways than one and in typical Pritkin fashion too. (view spoiler) ...more
Cassie
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brave the Tempest is the 9th book in the Cassie Palmer series and should be read in timeline order with the Dorina Basarab series. Cassie and Pritkin — that’s right, he’s back! — have killed two gods but the war still rages. Jo’s spirit, the last of Agnes’ acolytes, is still out there causing problems and Jonathan, Louis-Cesare’s nemesis, is back to his old tricks. Plus a couple of ancient demons get thrown in the mix.

This book has the complete cast of characters plus most of the characters fro
Mietei
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I haven't finished this book but I have comments that I don't want to forget.

Is there any character development for Cassie?

She's always complaining about how she's being manipulated by the Circle, the Senate etc but this woman has not done anything to change her situation.

I feel like a lot of conversations in the book ended prematurely. What's up with all the interruptions (Rico and Rhea)? Is it possible for me to read a full conversation that makes sense?

Then when we finally got some Pritkin
Megan » Hello Book Bird
I guess some girls really did just want to watch the world burn.

Cassie Palmer has been chief seer of the supernatural world for a little over four months. In that time, she's battled two gods, fallen in love with two men, and confronted the two sides of her own nature: both god and human. So it's not surprising that she currently finds herself facing two adversaries, although they have a single purpose: to wipe out the supernatural community's newest fighting force, leaving it vulnerable to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Karen Chance Fans: Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer #9) 76 119 May 14, 2020 05:33AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book cover 2 21 Mar 17, 2019 01:31AM

• Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Deadly Vows (Lizzie Grace, #6)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • A Killing Frost (October Daye, #14)
Karen Chance is the author of two New York Times bestselling series, plus a number of novellas and short stories, all set in the Cassandra Palmer universe. A full-time writer since 2008, she was previously a university history teacher, which comes in handy when writing the time-travel aspect of Cassie’s crazy adventures. She loves Las Vegas, the main setting for her novels, but currently lives in ...more

Cassandra Palmer (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1)
  • Claimed by Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4)
  • Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Reap the Wind (Cassandra Palmer, #7)
  • Ride the Storm (Cassandra Palmer, #8)
  • Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer, #10)
  • Ignite the Fire (Cassandra Palmer, #11)

News & Interviews