Start by marking “Rhythm” as Want to Read:
Rhythm

Rhythm

(The Ihy Saga #1)

Cutting a deal with the god of sex and music was supposed to be Lucas' big break. But when the price of power is sharing your body with an ancient Egyptian spirit, things get complicated real quick.

At the turn of the century, the world was introduced to a group of 72 physical mystics called the ‘Host’. Hosted individuals have struck a bargain with Ihy, Egyptian god of musi
Published September 7th 2018 by Self

To ask other readers questions about Rhythm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rhythm

Start your review of Rhythm
Ann-Marie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Daydreams do not make good novels

The further I got into this book the more it read like the junior high fantasy of a young man who really wants to be a rock and roll star who kills at having sex with all the chicks.
Dude, you should have been writing your history lecture notes down instead of this. In case you decide to keep writing I will tell you what John Grisham's wife said to him. Men cannot write sex scenes.
Simon Sarceno
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even better than

His last series for me.
And I absolutely loved the Another Stupid Trilogy.
Plus I got to find a few new songs.
Lee
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure. I was one of the beta readers for this book.

This book is the first in what looks to be a series of young adult novels, with an inventive premise.

If you're on the look for a new series of light fantasy books to read then this is for you. This book contains some well-written actions scenes, a bit of intrigue and even the occasional sexy encounter here and there.

The interactions between the two main characters is an especially fun part of the book, it keeps the plot and dialogue co
Michael Evers
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Please be aware that I have received an early review copy of this book.

Rhythm is a refreshing take of old gods in the modern world.
The characters interact naturally with each other, with their development being believable and yet still exciting. I looked forward to every banter of Lucky and Izy, with their friendship clearly and fluidly becoming stronger.

Get yourself a good pair of earphones, and play the songs along with the events of the book! The choices are diverse and always fitting to the
Dan Martin
First off, this is a great read. I enjoyed it more than that because I live in Springfield, Massachusetts, and I used to work in Westfield, so I am familiar with the environs. And, speaking of French, let’s get the few faults out of the way. I came across just a couple of missing words, but one major misspelling: CHAMPAGNE if you’re drinking it (as we were in the story)—not CHAMPAIGN because we were not lying on it! OK, now the story.
Izy (Izadore) is the paranormal god-son of Ihy from B.C. Egypt
Caroline Doig
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and wow what a fantastic story I just don’t know where to start with this review ohh well here goes, my heart went out to Lucas ( Lucky ) he was emancipated when he ran away from home on his 16th birthday his parents were religious fanatics and his father used to beat Lucas so he had enough and he left. Now Lucas lives in his car he has everything he needs including pain relief because on his way back to his home/ car 3 jock bullies kicked the hell ...more
James
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
For me, Rhythm was a nice break from my normal diet of military sci-fi and High Fantasy sagas. Bill Ricardi manages to intrigue me with a plot that I have not encountered in the thousands of books which I have read over the last 5+ decades. In addition, he skillfully weaves into the story some of the lesser known gods from mythology, see if you remember them. The story managed to engage my emotions as well as my intellect, something few authors manage. I recommend this book.

I received a free cop
L H
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The concept of this story was different. An ancient being looking for a host. A host looking for a way out, something different than the life he currently has. There are so many life lessons and evocative thoughts that assailed me as I read this. I am looking forward to the next book in this series. This was my first by this author. It will not be my last.

Joscelyn Smith
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"NO. Not the DMV." LOL

It seems that even gods fear paperwork and the red tape of civil services. This was a really great read, I agree with Mrs. Peachbottom, Lucky was strong. It was very different from my usual fair and I enjoyed every minute of it, I am so looking forward to reading more in this intriguing series.

Samuel Ernst
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, supernatural
While this book did remind me of the Percy Jackson series it is very much more adult in the themes it deals with. I personally would view this more as an adult book than YA. The book itself was interesting but there were very large chunks of day to day life with small, short action scenes. At times the daily encounters started to feel dragged out. I really enjoyed the fact that there was a music list to accompany the book. It made the sections with music more enjoyable.
Colt Fritschie
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brought back being bullied as young man and the strength to stand up for myself as I got older.
Emily
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book through the Goodreads Giveaways. I thought it was an enjoyable book, even though it was not like most things I’ve read before.
Annemarie
Where do I start? This book contains themes that may offend many readers, but the author warns of this so if you don't have a broad mind, don't read it. Personally, I think the author has done a magnificent job in the way he has written on topics some would class as 'taboo'. I have a profound respect for Lucas (Lucky) and his determination to graduate from High School. I cried at his mistreatment from those who should nurture him. I cheered when he lost his virginity and worried for him when att ...more
Terry
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
An interesting read, although I felt it was geared more towards the younger adults. The storyline was an emotional roller coaster, fluctuating between sadness, humour, anger, danger and conflict. Very different to my usual read but was a refreshing change and I enjoyed it.

B.
Apr 15, 2021
Helen Carroll
Sep 09, 2018
Bill Ricardi
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sky Griffin
Diane
Debee Sue
Timothy
Sep 16, 2018

• Omega Glow (Crimson Cliff Pack #2)
  • Blind Date for Father's Day (Love at Blind Date #4)
  • The Legend of the Kestrel (The Sylvan Chronicles, #1)
  • Omega Moon (Crimson Cliff Pack #1)
  • The Lightning Mage (The Lightning Mage, #1)
  • Virgin Farm Boy: Bonus Story Max
  • Ty Hard (Willow Springs Ranch, #1)
  • Park's Lot (Willow Springs Ranch #5)
  • Whit's End (Willow Springs Ranch #6)
  • You Melted Me
  • Hold Tight (Willow Springs Ranch, #2)
  • Taking Chance (Willow Springs Ranch, #3)
  • Xander & Asher (Manhattanites, #1)
  • Ty'd Up (Willow Springs Ranch Book 9)
  • Sacrifice (Fire & Brimstone #2)
  • Cliff's Edge  (Willow Springs Ranch, #7)
  • Hanging Chad (Willow Springs Ranch #4)
  • Save a Hoss (Willow Springs Ranch, #8)
See top shelves…
Bill Ricardi is a fantasy author from Belfast in the U.K. He has a bent for writing the unusual.

In addition to Another Stupid Trilogy, which is his fantasy series centred around the magic of orcs, Bill is working on a young adult series that involves becoming the avatar of the Egyptian god of music in the modern world.

Bill has a wonderful life partner, and a giant cat named Loki. Both enjoy tormen

The Ihy Saga (3 books)