Start by marking “Just For One Night (Alice Worth #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Just For One Night (Alice Worth #1.5)

Just For One Night

(Alice Worth #1.5)

The jukebox is playing Eddie Money and dawn is only an hour away, and Sean Maclin sees something he wants, even if it's just for the night. Relive one of the most memorable encounters from Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, Book 1) through Sean's eyes.

It's been a long workday for Sean, alpha werewolf and co-owner of a private security company. Rather than go home, h
Published August 2018 (first published June 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Just For One Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just For One Night

Start your review of Just For One Night (Alice Worth #1.5)
Stacey is Sassy
A very quick look through his eyes

To gain the most out of Just For One Night, you must read Heart of Malice first.

I would pay big bucks to know what was going through my hubby's mind when he first saw me. Was he struck by lightning with me exotic beauty? Was he mesmerised by the sway of my hips as I walked on by? Did he want to talk or jump my bones? Was it one night or forever that he was planning?

Obviously, he got forever and believe it or not he planned for forever from that f/>To
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
2.5

Sean's point-of-view shows how he sees Alice from the moment she enters the bar to their night together. I'd have liked to see him solving the problem, but the title is pretty clear, so I wasn't surprised.
It would have worked fine if it were a part of the first book too. Overall, an okay little addition to the story.
Annika
description

While I positively adored every other book in this series, this one was only just okay for me.

This is Alice and Sean's first encounter at Hawthorne's pub and their ensuing shared night, told from the latter's point of view.
Though I did like the glimpses into Sean's alpha werewolf mind, I pretty much hated the insta-love. Sean Maclin lost quite a bit of his coolness in this novella: too much mush, to little growl.

A nice, steamy little addition to the series, but don't expect anything substantial.

ARC provided by the author isubstantial.
ARC
Carvanz
I always love to have the hero’s point of view and in Just for One Night, we get Sean’s. This is the night he meets Alice at Hawthorne’s and I loved all the protective alpha tendencies he felt, but had to hold back. If I didn’t know Sean was for Alice before, I definitely know it now. Loved this look into Sean’s thoughts because I love Sean!

Hero POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler) ...more
Marie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just One Night--A delightful new perspective!

If you’ve read Lisa Edmonds exciting debut novel “Heart of Malice,” a new series featuring Mage Private Investigator Alice Worth, then you know that Edmonds lays the foundation for a magical love story between Alice Worth and Sean Maclin, an alpha werewolf who has his own security company. But with this bonus short story, Edmonds retells the story of Sean and Alice’s first encounter—only this time, from Sean’s perspective. Have you ever wo
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great little peak into Sean’s head

It really is a nice little story in Sean’s POV. I would have liked to see what happened when they were separated and she was harmed in the first book, but I appreciate seeing how his wolf works and all that.
TSN
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a novella.
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More!

As much as I loved Heart of Malice, I love this short story from Sean’s perspective even more! Please do a novel from his POV!
Leigh-Ayn
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this short story told from Sean’s PoV on the night he met Alice in Book 1. I like his grumpy wolf lol I enjoyed reading his PoV along side Alice's in Book 1 and that is how I read it. Team Sean - I would love some more short stories from his PoV!
Mary B. Grove
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A keen balance of emotion and discovery

This is a second POV (Sean’s) of Sean meeting Alice, while Alice’s take is given in Heart of Malice. Just for One Night offers more backstory on Sean pre-Alice, mostly about Dahlia’s (Sean’s beta’s mate) efforts to set Sean up with a girlfriend, but also a bit about Sean’s relationship with his business partner and with the guys who work for him. The heart of the story, though, is Sean’s first encounter with Alice.

To me, the best aspect of this story is th
Boundless Book Reviews
After reading Heart of Malice I HAD TO read this novel!  There was no way I couldn’t not read it.  Sean is just so much Yummy werewolf goodness; how could I not want to read about his meeting Alice from his perspective.

I loved this quick little story; I loved getting glimpses of his wolf.  It was awesome.  Lisa Edmonds, I am a FAN!  Sean is just a Sexy, Hunky, werewolf, Alpha, stud! And I want one!

Of course, this is getting 5 Boundless stars, what else would I give it!<
Amber Meyer
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just For One Night is a great short story stemming from Heart of Malice. It retells a pivotal part of the novel in the voice of a different character, and this allows us to understand his perspective on the main character of Alice Worth. This was a fun read, very sexy, and you'll get through it quickly. I won't spoil anything, but the main character in this will be a lot of fun to watch as the series goes on, particularly as he continues to complicate Alice's life in several ways. If you enjoyed ...more
Amber Niebaum
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quickie but very good! I was really excited by the world she built and the great characters. Supernatural/ Paranormal romances are my favorite. There is just so much there that could be built on or go further. Really enjoyed what the author has given us, just want more of the couple's romance and world! The narrator was new to me but did an excellent job bringing the story to life and giving voice and personality to the characters. Look forward to more by this author!
Anastasia Chase
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book makes me want to pick up Heart of Malice, since this is the retelling of a pivotal part of that novel but from a different perspective (a different character). This is brilliant on the authors part, since it fills the holes and gives us what we were missing from the other book! (or at least what I think is missing - I have yet to read it🙂). It's a fun, sexy, quick read that you will absolutely enjoy reading in one sitting.

5 stars!
pam marvel
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved it.

This book is Sean's memories of when he met Alice. It's a great story line, love all the characters in it, they all just fit together some how. Magic, vamps, shifter Alfa, what's not to love. Everyone should read all the books. I wish Alice was my neighbor, lol
Allie Bock
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this short story

Lisa Edmonds is now one of my new favorite authors! I just love Alice Worth. She is the perfect protagonist. This short from Sean's point of view meshes perfectly with her first book.
The narration is excellent also.
This is a must read for Alice Worth fans!
Blaise Ramsay
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot. I mean steamy, sexy, quick burst of love making hot. As a werwolf lover, I love Sean and look forward to more of the development between him and Alice. Another gorgeous read by the author. I can't get enough of this series.
Dawn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A different perspective on a very momentous meeting. Always nice to see the male perspective in any romance novel. Ilona Andrews did this with Curran and Kate in the Kate Daniels series. I enjoyed this.
Sarah Leenart
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this short from Sean's point of view on the night that he and Alice first met in Heart of Malice. Was great to have some insight to his character and I like him even more now and very impatient for book 2 in the series.
Sammy
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

It wad good but i wish there were more.it leaves seans character a little lacking to me.
He is such a vital piece to alices story
Beth
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New POV

Nice to get in the head of other characters in a story. I enjoyed this scene from Sean’s perspective. Wish it was longer.
Theresa Tschudy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I literally cannot get enough of this serious. The heroine is strong and powerful and only made more so by the people around her.
Susan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! Just For One Night is the when Alice and Sean first meet in Sean's point of view. Makes me love him even more! I'm really looking forward to more in this series.
Bookgyrl
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very short story about the night Alice and Sean met at Hawthorne’s for the first time. I think it would have been better as a chapter or extra in the first book (which I love).

Anita
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sean's perspective on meeting Alice and their electric first night together. Read AFTER book one in the series.
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read

I really liked getting to read Sean point of view. This was very quick to read, but was still great.
Raechelle Jones
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok read
Shell
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short story of the first time Sean Marlin (werewolf alpha) and Alice Worth (kick ass mage) met, but from Sean’s perspective.
Great series.
Jana Gundy
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!

We readers are always dying for the other POV if its not in the book and I just loved getting a glimpse of Sean’s thoughts in that first scene they meet. It was perfect!

• Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • When We Were Crowned (The Wolf of Oberhame #3)
  • Dawn's Envoy (Aileen Travers, #4)
  • Assassin's Magic (Assassin's Magic, #1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • When We Were Dancing (The Wolf of Oberhame, #2)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Shadow's Messenger (Aileen Travers, #1)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon Book 1)
  • When We Were Kings (The Wolf of Oberhame, #1)
  • City of War (Chronicles of Arcana #4)
  • Moonlight's Ambassador (Aileen Travers, #3)
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • City of Demons (Chronicles of Arcana #1)
Lisa Edmonds was born and raised in Kansas. A graduate of Buhler High School, she studied English and forensic criminology at Wichita State University. After acquiring her Bachelor’s degree, she considered a career in law enforcement as a behavioral analyst before earning a Master's from Wichita State and then a Ph.D. in English from Texas A&M University.

She is currently an associa

Alice Worth (4 books)
  • Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, #1)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Heart of Ice (Alice Worth #3)
  • Heart of Stone (Alice Worth, #4)