Start by marking “Kazu Jones and the Denver Dognappers” as Want to Read:
Kazu Jones and the Denver Dognappers

Kazu Jones and the Denver Dognappers

Packed with high stakes mystery and tons of heart, this first installment in a new series introduces Kazu Jones-a spunky, scrappy detective who's this generation's Harriet the Spy.

When a string of dognappings grips her Denver neighborhood, Kazu Jones vows to track down the culprits. She can't stand to see more dogs go missing-especially once her neighbors' beloved pet is t
Expected publication: April 23rd 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Kazu Jones and the Denver Dognappers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kazu Jones and the Denver Dognappers

Bridget E.
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read! I read it with my 11 year old son and 9 year old daughter and we all loved it. It's fast paced, thoughtful, fun and insightful. My daughter absolutely loved the characters, especially Kazu. It's wonderful to read about kids who do things themselves, but the book strikes a nice balance between action and suspense without being scary. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who loves animals, adventure and plucky heroines (and heroes) who take initiative and go get t ...more
Meredith Spidel
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I admit to being biased towards loving this book--for the fun name and the dog-centric storyline! But the story itself lived up to the name and the theme. Fun, delightful, and an easy way to engage a middle-grade reader. Thanks, Disney Books for sending an ARC my way for review!
Sofiya Pasternack
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: kids who love mysteries!
Shelves: novel19s
What I Liked
This is a very sweet book about a girl seeking the truth against all odds! Kazuko AKA Kazu begins the story with immediate action, and doesn't slow down until the very last page. The mystery of the dognappers is played out slowly so the reader has the chance to follow along and try their best to deduce alongside Kazu's deductions. Kazu is enterprising and hard-working, and even though she's nosy, she's easy to root for!

What I Would Have Liked to See
I thought most of Kazu's decisions
Clare O'Connor
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think you know what's next, there's another fun twist! I loved this book and I loved Kazu. She's smart, tough and tender all in one. And, despite moments of despair, she never gives up trying to reunite all the missing dogs with their worried families. I immediately liked Kazu and rooted for her from beginning to end. I also found myself cheering for her best friend March, her loyal and loveable dog Genki, and all the well-developed characters who made their way from Shauna Holyoak ...more
Leah Picanco
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fantastic new sleuth is one of my new favorite characters; she is full of spunk, courage, and independence. This middle grades novel will capture kids and suck them into Kazu's sleuthing adventures with her friends. Well-paced, this book has plenty of edge-of-your-seat action sprinkled with real life conflicts like growing up, navigating relationships with friends and parents, and knowing when to come clean with the truth. All of the characters are delightfully quirky and real. Both my 10 y ...more
Libby
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this mystery, but I found myself getting more and more frustrated with Kazu and her poor choices. And while the lack of graphic violence makes this very appropriate for an elementary grade mystery, I felt like the fear of the dog-napping villains became overwrought. Still, this is an adequate option for students in grades 3-5 who devour mysteries. Review based on an ARC received through NetGalley.
Joshua Levy
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KAZU JONES AND THE DENVER DOGNAPPERS was a blast. A hit-the-ground-running caper that I don't doubt middle-grade readers will enjoy. When Kazu's on the case, she simply cannot be stopped. And with the Denver dognapper on the loose, Kazu's the perfect detective for the job. With well-realized characters and non-stop sleuthing, KAZU is a ton of fun.
Kirsti Call
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is filled with interesting characters whose curiosity and sleuthing create delightful mahem and a compelling read. Kazu is a strong, independant, clever 11 year old who is determined to find and return all the dogs that have gone missing in the town. Her rag tag group of friends are realistic and interesting, the plot is fast paced, and the mystery is fun to decipher as a reader.
Lisha
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, books-i-own
Kazu is the new Nancy Drew. I love a good mystery and Kazu Jones did not disappoint. Her sleuthing skills are unstoppable. With a great mix of determination and loyalty, Kazu and her friends will stop at nothing to uncover the dog napping ring in their neighborhood. A great read for anyone who love MG and a good detective. The only thing I wanted was more! Can’t wait for her next adventure!
Kristin Thorsness
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fast-paced MG mystery had me on the edge of my seat! With dogs disappearing all over town, canine-loving Kazu is on the job. Using her carefully honed detective skills, and making friends along the way, Kazu stops at nothing to bring the dognappers to justice. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves dogs, mysteries, or plucky MG heroines.
Naomi Milliner
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Middle graders are sure to love this book - and, no doubt, stay up WAY past their bedtimes to devour it. It's filled with gutsy, resourceful characters; unexpected friendships; vivid backdrops, like abandoned amusement parks; and clever, fun spy stuff like lock-picking and deciphering codes. What's not to love? Oh - and, did I mention, lots of dogs?
Liza
Feb 09, 2019
Naomi Milliner
Karla
Jan 22, 2019 added it
I was lucky enough to receive and advance copy of KAZU AND THE DENVER DOGNAPPERS, and what a treat it was! From the first page, I sank right in. The voice and writing are strong, and I knew immediately that I was in good hands. The story of a mysterious dognapping ring is fresh and sets our characters up for an adventure that feels real as the danger strikes ever closer to home. Fun and unexpectedly touching, well plotted and written with confidence, kids are going to love KAZU!
Melissa Thom
Dec 20, 2018
Wendy
Feb 07, 2019
Shauna Holyoak
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alexia Chantel
Ivy Metallica aloa
Oct 19, 2018
OcOrOnA GaMoRa
Oct 22, 2018
Shauna has been telling stories long before she could ride a bike, and some of them are even true! She writes for kids and teens and thinks it’s kinda the best job ever. Kazu Jones and the Denver Dognappers is her debut novel, and it will be released on April 23, 2019! She lives in Idaho Falls, ID with her husband, six of their seven children, and two naughty dogs.