Start by marking “Pushed (Capitol Corruption Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Pushed (Capitol Corruption Series #1)

(Capitol Corruption #1)

Push

Everyone knows what they need to about me. I’m a dangerous man with a dark and twisted soul. A killer. I’m in the business of power, and money flows through every corrupted vein in my body. They call me Push. I run the wicked streets of Washington D.C. I have everything I could possibly want, except one thing – Nadia. She’s like a delicious drug running through my sini

To ask other readers questions about Pushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pushed

Start your review of Pushed (Capitol Corruption Series #1)
Leigh
Apr 27, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pushed is book 1 in the Capitol Corruption series and I didn't enjoy it at all. This is the second book that I have read from this author and her writing is not for me. I knew pretty quickly that this book wasn't working but I pushed through so I didn't have another DNF this week. I wish I had given up because the story was ridiculous. I will not read another book from this author. ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Oh my, this is the first book I have read by this author when she hasn’t co-wrote with anyone else and she is fantastic! I loved the from the start the chemistry between Nadia and Push. He comes from a broken, horribly bad past but he rescued himself then met a man who changed his life for the better. Nadia comes from a dark past also but she at least has a father but he isn’t loving in the least and only values her as a bargaining chip. Her father promises her to another powerful man l
Teresa Lara
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this amazing intense addicting broken dark emotional love story if Push and Nadia
Who's next Nolan?
Coco.V
Mar 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/25/2020)! 🎁
C Gray
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by Linny Lawless and it floored me, again!!

Push is a dark, sexy alpha that runs the streets of Washington D.C. and he is feared by everyone except Nadia. Push has been drawn to her for years but she has been the forbidden fruit. Now she is in danger and he will do whatever it takes to protect her, no matter what!! 🖤🔥😈🔥🖤
C Gray
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book by Linny Lawless and it floored me, again!!

Julia Leonard
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Push is a force of nature...
He went through he'll growing up.
As soon as he laid eyes on Nadia, he knew one-day she would belong to him.
This is a dark mafia story.
So expect to be blown away.
Lady Raven Books
Amazing read

This story is absolutely fantastic. Push and Nadia are too notch characters. There is so much to this book that has me hooked. Their journey is filled with plenty of adventure. The writing and flow of this book is remarkable. I absolutely recommend this book.
Gina Burkart
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
yummy what a dark read that will sweep you off the pages and this is a amazing read that will grab you up to the very ending of this story. this is a very intense read that will have you loving the mafia men. must read book.
Bette
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific Story & Narration🎧 A Dark & Thrilling Ride!

Capitol Corruption Series, Book 1
By: Linny Lawless
Narrated by: Rodney Falcon

Linny Lawless pens another mind-blowing novel. She takes you into the underworld, a world of danger filled with the dark and the twisted, corruption and crime, where power is key and play by their own rules. The characters are complex and well developed, some may say Push is a bad man but I found he was a good man and honorable one living in a bad world. Nadia, th
Michele Gay
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, this is not my usual type of read, but once I picked it up, all I can say is this book is HOT!
Pushed its a Dark Romance, Push and Nadia are made for each other. Nadia's father gave her away to an evil man who hurt her sexually and physically every day. But her heart belongs to Push. He's a serious Dom who has wanted Nadia since she was a teenager. Nadia had wanted Push from the second she saw him at a party at her father's when she was 16. It's a bit of a May - December thing going on and a
Teresa Juckett (Give Me All The Book's)
This was a fantastic mafia story that drew me in from the start. It was intense to say the least. These main character's Nadia and Push have know each other since Nadia was 16 and Push would come to her dad's to play poker he knew he wanted her, but knew she was too young, so he would wait and when that day does come he finds out she's been promised to another man then all bets are off. This story will take you into the mafia world where allegiance is law or you were killed it's as simple as tha ...more
Jeanette George
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Push is a man to be reckoned with; rich, powerful, deadly. Nadia starts out as an innocent pawn; neglected, abused, resilient. Pushed introduces us to a savage and dangerous playground.

What I liked most about the story is seeing Nadia's character grow and become stronger. Her life changes so dramatically. Push is a perfect counterbalance to her. I liked that things were bleak and dark at times, but there was also hope and kindness in many forms.

I am curious what's next in the Capitol Corruptio
Nicole Lloyd
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense is the best way to sum up this book.

Nadia just an innocent pawn. Push a powerful man, with an intense demeanor. He can’t help be drawn to Nadia even at the young he first met her.

Things she thought were true about her life aren’t so true. And she has figured this out, more lives are taken. I absolutely licensed Nadia’s character. As much crap as she was dealt she never showed any weakness.

This is one book that you can’t help love. A mafia book with lots of twist and turns. And even mo
✨Cushin Violeta's Bookish Realm✨(Claudia Cardoz)
Corruption, Darkness, Vengeance

Wow. So much was going on at once. I don't feel like I stopped at all reading. Nadia is a sweet and innocent girl until. Life's cruelty turns her too into a vicious woman. My heart went out for for what she suffers at the hand of lucas. If it wasn't for push she would never have been saved. Push is a cruel and vicious man himself but nadia always has been his weakness. When they finally come together they're indestructible together. Also cant wait to read about nol
Felicia
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pushed by Linny Lawless is a mafia romance that I listened to on audio narrated by Rodney Falcon. This is the first book in the Capitol Corruption Series.

I absolutely love Linny’s books! Warning the book does cover some dark topics within the Mafia world. You can’t help but root for Push and Nadia. I cannot wait for the second book in the series Cobalt to be released on audible so I can get Nolan and Gina’s love story.

Rodney did a great job on the narration. He always knows how to bring a stor
M L
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great mafia story!! Push is a man with a broken past but he can see a future with Nadia. Nadia leads a very lonely life. Her father, although powerful, is not a loving man. Too bad for Push that Nadia is promised to another man as part of her fathers corrupt business. But when her life hangs in the balance, can Push keep her safe? This is a twisted and sordid tale. I really liked this story!!
Jackie Ziegler
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This book has it all. Love, danger, and corruption. Nadia meets Push when she is 16. Yes he is older but she doesn't care. As her life begins to fall apart thanks to the corruption of her father Push is always there for her. Their lives get more entangled with deception and corruption and Push will do anything to keep her safe. When secrets are exposed can these two get any stronger?
Ivy Blacke
Mar 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, sexy, not and incredible

Great read.
Push is hardened by corruption and his last, but he's always seem something in the young Nadia.

Nadia lives a life of privilege, but complete emptiness and corruption. Her father gives her to a man as corrupt as himself and Push watches and waits. The wrong moves were made and he took what was his, Nadia.

Incredible twists and turns. Loved it.
Brooke
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pushed

Well that book took a turn I didn’t expect. What a fun listen. This book starts off with tragedy and then goes from there with so much more heartbreak than you can imagine, but we do finally find a happy ending. So much happens and so much healing is needed and we see the perfect amount. Great writing and narration.
Jessica Junito
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!!

It was surprisingly intense in the best of ways, Nadia goes through so much and still stands as the queen of an underworld, and Push MG so intense, and menancely awesome, love himmmm
Marnie
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was ok, but I just didn’t enjoy it because of the writing style. Very stilted with no flow whatsoever and it totally ruined it for me. I am not sure why it has such good reviews with the way it’s written. It just wasn’t that good of a plot to get past the poor execution.
Sashi1959
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting Story

I really enjoyed this story. It really kept my interest. It was riveting from the begin I picked it up right to the last page. Its definitely a book you don’t want to put down.
Meluvbooks2
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good exciting read. The beginning is fast pace , and throughout the book you are kept on edge. I didn't like the ending, it felt rushed. The characters are great. Can't wait to read book 2
Andrea Fernandez
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An intense, dark, gritty & captivating ride to go on with Push and Nadia. I was hooked from the beginning, taken on an emotional journey, kept on my toes, and breathless by the end. Wow! Couldn’t get enough.
Kasie Kidd
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was a quick read and great story. Sucked you in from the beginning. Loved the chemistry between Push and Nadia. Can’t wait for next one.
LORRIE
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING, exciting and mysterious
Marianne
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense

This book was so intense and may have triggers for some people. Nadia is fierce and unbreakable with Push by her side.
Madeleine
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was intense, dark, twisted, drama filled, sexy men, edge of your seat good. I love Rodney’s narration.
Kristi
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This dark, sexy, and twisted story was filled with lots of secrets and blood shed. An entertaining read!

• Rebel (Royal Bastards MC: Sacramento, #4)
  • Monk (Royal Bastards MC: Sacramento, #3)
  • The Leopard's Witchy Mate (Magic and Mayhem Universe / The Mayhem Crew Book 1)
  • High School Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • Unexpected Sweetheart
  • V Card Sweetheart
  • Hung Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • Tattooed Sweetheart
  • Barracuda (Royal Bastards MC: Sacramento, #5)
  • Be Mine, Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • The Lion's Witchy Mate (Magic and Mayhem Universe / The Wilder Crew Book 1)
  • Playboy (Royal Bastards MC: Sacramento, CA, #1)
  • Sugar Daddy Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • Cinderella Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • Second Chance Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • Ride Me Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado)
  • Hometown Sweetheart (Sweetheart, Colorado): A Brother's Best Friend Romance
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
See top shelves…

Capitol Corruption (2 books)
  • Cobalt (Capitol Corruption, #2)

News & Interviews

The common problem of "too many books, too little time" can reach truly dire proportions when you work on the Goodreads editorial team. After...